Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Another one bites the dust.Follow

#1 Sep 12 2010 at 7:35 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,457 posts
I canceled my pre-order, got my $10 back, and hit up the taqueria next door. Best two tacos I've had in a while, courtesy of SE. I have absolutely no intention of buying this game at any point and going through another SE fiasco. I'll find something else to spend the next few years of free time on.

To those of you who are still interested, I genuinely wish you a great time in Eorzea. I hope you have many great years of fun!

To Mikhalia, Pikko, Karl, Wint, Sephrick, Yahwey, Endless, Geffe, Lamneth, Olorinus, and others who I've chatted with, argued with, and played beta with; I hope you all have a really fun experience. Thanks for hangin' out and chatting with me while we were all anxiously awaiting info the past few months.

I don't want to take up anymore space in this forum complaining and expressing my disappointment, I'm over it.

Thanks for all the debates, conversation, rate ups, rate downs, and everything else that came with it.

Later everyone !
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#2 Sep 12 2010 at 7:37 PM Rating: Good
See you Guardian. Hope you have fun wherever you are.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#3 Sep 12 2010 at 7:39 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
See ya man. I wish you the best in w/e you are going to do, and i'll see you again in a few months probably. :P

I know i'm a very optimistic kind of guy, but i'm pretty sure release is going to be better than the beta. If it isn't, i'll probably still play it. But, that's me.
____________________________

#4 Sep 12 2010 at 7:41 PM Rating: Good
*
195 posts
Yes, good luck to you. I am in the same boat as Teneleven lol.

Quote:
I know i'm a very optimistic kind of guy, but i'm pretty sure release is going to be better than the beta. If it isn't, i'll probably still play it. But, that's me.
#5 Sep 12 2010 at 7:43 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
GuardianFaith wrote:
I canceled my pre-order, got my $10 back, and hit up the taqueria next door. Best two tacos I've had in a while, courtesy of SE. I have absolutely no intention of buying this game at any point and going through another SE fiasco. I'll find something else to spend the next few years of free time on.

To those of you who are still interested, I genuinely wish you a great time in Eorzea. I hope you have many great years of fun!

To Mikhalia, Pikko, Karl, Wint, Sephrick, Yahwey, Endless, Geffe, Lamneth, Olorinus, and others who I've chatted with, argued with, and played beta with; I hope you all have a really fun experience. Thanks for hangin' out and chatting with me while we were all anxiously awaiting info the past few months.

I don't want to take up anymore space in this forum complaining and expressing my disappointment, I'm over it.

Thanks for all the debates, conversation, rate ups, rate downs, and everything else that came with it.

Later everyone !
Check back in 3-6 months. I'm still holding out for a turnaround by then.

Teneleven wrote:
I know i'm a very optimistic kind of guy, but i'm pretty sure release is going to be better than the beta. If it isn't, i'll probably still play it. But, that's me.
"Better" won't cut it. It's going to have to be phenomenal compared to what it is now to forgive things like waiting to release the AH or SE's pitiful customer relations.



Edited, Sep 12th 2010 8:45pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#6 Sep 12 2010 at 8:08 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
I can deal with the no ah thing for a while. It's not like there is going to be an extensive list of items to choose from for a while. I do want an AH, but i'm not worried about the lack of one right now. Go run around any starting city in FFXI, and tell me how helpful the AH is.

Customer relations could certainly use a boost, but i'm used to being the abused housewife at this point. Usually, the game makes up for it. I hope this holds true when beta is over.

I'll judge FF XIV when it's been out for a year or so. Until then, i'll put up with it.
____________________________

#7 Sep 12 2010 at 8:16 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Teneleven wrote:
I can deal with the no ah thing for a while. It's not like there is going to be an extensive list of items to choose from for a while. I do want an AH, but i'm not worried about the lack of one right now. Go run around any starting city in FFXI, and tell me how helpful the AH is.
FFXI is 8 years old. The starting AHs were insanely useful years ago when people actually populated the noob zones.

Teneleven wrote:
Customer relations could certainly use a boost, but i'm used to being the abused housewife at this point.
The saddest part is that you actually recognize it and still continue to show your support.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 9:17pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#8 Sep 12 2010 at 8:34 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
bsphil wrote:
Teneleven wrote:
I can deal with the no ah thing for a while. It's not like there is going to be an extensive list of items to choose from for a while. I do want an AH, but i'm not worried about the lack of one right now. Go run around any starting city in FFXI, and tell me how helpful the AH is.
FFXI is 8 years old. The starting AHs were insanely useful years ago when people actually populated the noob zones.

Teneleven wrote:
Customer relations could certainly use a boost, but i'm used to being the abused housewife at this point.
The saddest part is that you actually recognize it and still continue to show your support.

Edited, Sep 12th 2010 9:17pm by bsphil

Years ago, when people populated those zones ... the game was out for a year. There wasn't even an AH at launch from what i hear. I'm also willing to bet, that when the ah was introduced, you could buy all the crystals, and bat wings that you could ever want. I'm pretty sure anything else was rare.

You are also confused. I don't support SE's views on customer relations. I just like the game. After playing games like Aion, and Warhammer, i'm so so so glad there is a new FF to play.
____________________________

#9 Sep 12 2010 at 9:08 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
I love the game as well. I still wish they could learn windows programing for Alt-tab (biggest complaint I have aside from slow UI). I love full-screen, but need that :P

I did cancel my pre-order, but went out and got collector's instead ^^ I'm hoping we can alt-tab and change graphic settings in-game down the road, but I won't hold my breath. They make great games, but just can't program common things worth snot. They do however come up with the most innovative ideas for gaming.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)