Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

A few questions I need help with.Follow

#1 Sep 14 2010 at 11:24 AM Rating: Decent
35 posts
1: It seems that because of the point spending system on stats now that if you were to play a conjurer for a while and spend stats that favor that class you would not be able to switch on the fly to a class like pugilist or lancer which uses str and dex rather than int and piety.

Is there a work around for that? should I spend points so that I am balanced and let my gear focus me or do casters stick to casting classes and melee to melee.

2: I am having trouble picking my guardian and I am wondering what all it effects so I can make a good choice.

3: How stat reliant are the other profs like fisherman and cook and such.


4: How difficult is it to travel from Limsa to Uldah and how important is your starting kingdom.
____________________________

#2 Sep 14 2010 at 11:34 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
hardluck86c wrote:
1: It seems that because of the point spending system on stats now that if you were to play a conjurer for a while and spend stats that favor that class you would not be able to switch on the fly to a class like pugilist or lancer which uses str and dex rather than int and piety.

Is there a work around for that? should I spend points so that I am balanced and let my gear focus me or do casters stick to casting classes and melee to melee.


You can restat a quarter of your points every half an hour. I've been playing with rather balanced stats and at low levels it doesn't seem to hurt me much.

hardluck86c wrote:
2: I am having trouble picking my guardian and I am wondering what all it effects so I can make a good choice.


I would pay the most attention to their elemental affinity - an maybe which weapon/symbol they use/have. So wanting to be a conjurer might choose Thaliak. Wanting to be a lancer - might want Halone. Etc. The effect of guardians will probably be small and is largely unknown/unconfirmed at this point.

hardluck86c wrote:
3: How stat reliant are the other profs like fisherman and cook and such.


Apparently they are stat reliant just like other jobs. No word on which stats though.


hardluck86c wrote:
4: How difficult is it to travel from Limsa to Uldah and how important is your starting kingdom.


Starting Kingdom will determine your storyline quest. It is easy to get from Limsa to Ul'dah - the ferry takes 10 minutes though and there is a bit of a walk on the ul'dah side
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#3 Sep 14 2010 at 11:35 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
***
1,675 posts
#4 Sep 14 2010 at 11:36 AM Rating: Good
**
603 posts
1. Yes it is easy to switch on the fly. You can re-allocate stat points, and will be able to do that by macro as well. During beta however this is a little more difficult, as stat-reallocation is going in small chunks rather than the full amount. But yes, at release it will be easy.

2. The guardian effects are not listed yet, we will just have to wait to make an educated guess on what guardian will be best for particular play styles.

3. Stats at this time do not effect gatherer/crafter classes. They WILL however have an effect at release as just mentioned in the translated pre-release information. We do not know which stats do what for the crafter/gatherers as of yet though.

4. It is not difficult to travel to Ul'dah from Limsa Lominsa. A boat will take you to the corresponding area, in addition once you visit a place, you can teleport there immediately from the main menu.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (19)