Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

VPN for playing in ChinaFollow

#1 Sep 19 2010 at 7:07 AM Rating: Decent
*
215 posts
So, I have recently read and looked online that Final Fantasy 14 has banned all IPs in China to force users to play on Chinese servers. Just one big problem with that: I'm not Chinese and I don't want to play with Chinese. I want to play with my friends. (Its great now that companies are playing world internet police these days...even HULU doesn't work in China because I'm not in "USA").

So I was wondering if anyone knows of any good VPNs to work around this so I can play FF14? Has anyone experienced a similar problem else where.
#2 Sep 19 2010 at 7:30 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
*
92 posts
Just curious, Why are u in China?




#3 Sep 19 2010 at 7:44 AM Rating: Default
Is this really only a chinese related issue? I figure if RMT'ing is such a big business that most any country with sweatshop laborers would be actively participating.
#4 Sep 19 2010 at 7:46 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
123 posts
allskillbill wrote:
Is this really only a chinese related issue? I figure if RMT'ing is such a big business that most any country with sweatshop laborers would be actively participating.


i really doubt this has anything to do with RMT. it's more or less a free-speech issue. china has to have their own service for virtually everything because of censorship.
____________________________
i5-750 @3.4ghz/4gb DDR-1600/HD5770

Hundah - EQ2:80sk(Befallen) *current
Hunda - FFXI:75pld(fairy->hades) *retired
Measure - EQ2:90trb,90def(Lucan D'Lere) *sold
#5 Sep 19 2010 at 7:51 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
178 posts
http://hotspotshield.com/
This is what you are looking for.
#6 Sep 19 2010 at 8:19 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
771 posts
Quote:
Its great now that companies are playing world internet police these days...


Quote:
In accordance with Chinese regulations regarding online gaming, the game servers will be separate from servers for North American, European, and Japanese players.

#7 Sep 19 2010 at 8:35 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
441 posts
Quote:
In accordance with Chinese regulations regarding online gaming, the game servers will be separate from servers for North American, European, and Japanese players.


FTW....
____________________________
“Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.”
Theodore Roosevelt

“Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”
Oscar Wilde

#8 Sep 19 2010 at 9:04 AM Rating: Default
***
1,608 posts
so now I won't have to look at one letter conversations anymore? XD
____________________________

#9 Sep 19 2010 at 9:24 AM Rating: Good
*
215 posts
BRizzl3 wrote:
Quote:
Its great now that companies are playing world internet police these days...


Quote:
In accordance with Chinese regulations regarding online gaming, the game servers will be separate from servers for North American, European, and Japanese players.


No. Yes the servers are "Separate" so it will be separate according to Chinese laws. (That way they can monitor the servers and because the government often requires restrictions other countries do not) But banning the Chinese IPs for the American version is completely on Square. The government requires no such action.

As for why I'm in China, because America's economy is a pile of crap and this economy is kicking **** and calling names. So I'm in China for opportunities, that and the experience for a new culture. I recommend living in another country to anyone. The experience is invaluable.
#10 Sep 19 2010 at 9:26 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
771 posts
Quote:
1.00 USD = 6.72400 CNY


That's odd. It seems one US dollar is almost seven Chinese Yuan Renminbi, I would say our economy is doing slightly better.
#11 Sep 19 2010 at 9:33 AM Rating: Decent
23 posts
Out of curiosity - how are you getting a copy of the game? Taobao?

I live in Shanghai, I pay for a VPN - but there are lots of free VPNs (i just don't like them for gaming simply because Free VPNs typically deal with congested servers and higher lag).

#12 Sep 19 2010 at 9:34 AM Rating: Good
*
215 posts
BRizzl3 wrote:
Quote:
1.00 USD = 6.72400 CNY


That's odd. It seems one US dollar is almost seven Chinese Yuan Renminbi, I would say our economy is doing slightly better.


yeah. and I can get a meal to feed 4 people for 2 bucks. Try that in USA. (Not only that all the food will be fresh, no such thing as 'frozen' here, even mc donalds is is fresher here.)

China is growing at an 8% annual rate. and the 2nd largest GDP in the world now and has no signs of slowing. it hasn't even begun to reach its potential. so thats where the opportunities are. as for the USA? It has no where to go but down Now. I measure a good economy on opportunity. America is no longer offering them. All the business want to enter the Chinese market.
#13 Sep 19 2010 at 9:36 AM Rating: Decent
*
215 posts
mocorcim wrote:
Out of curiosity - how are you getting a copy of the game? Taobao?

I live in Shanghai, I pay for a VPN - but there are lots of free VPNs (i just don't like them for gaming simply because Free VPNs typically deal with congested servers and higher lag).


I am having the game mailed to me. Which hopefully won't cause me problems, your in Shanghai? I am in Changzhou! Haha practically neighbors!
#14 Sep 19 2010 at 9:38 AM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
BRizzl3 wrote:
Quote:
1.00 USD = 6.72400 CNY


That's odd. It seems one US dollar is almost seven Chinese Yuan Renminbi, I would say our economy is doing slightly better.
I don't follow the reasoning. As of two months ago for the first time since 2008, the value of the CNY is increasing relative to the USD.

Also,

1.00 USD = 85.8750 JPY
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#15 Sep 19 2010 at 9:42 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
771 posts
Quote:
yeah. and I can get a meal to feed 4 people for 2 bucks. Try that in USA. (Not only that all the food will be fresh, no such thing as 'frozen' here, even mc donalds is is fresher here.)


$2 or 2 Yuan Renminbi? Because if you're going by $2 than that's 13.44 CNY, otherwise if it's 2CNY that's great. If it's in American dollars though then you're just using the exchange rate to your advantage.

Quote:
I don't follow the reasoning. As of two months ago for the first time since 2008, the value of the CNY is increasing relative to the USD.

Also,

1.00 USD = 85.8750 JPY


Not really a good way to think about it comparing it to yen. I've talked to people who have gone to Japan and they say the prices are ridiculous there compared to America.
#16 Sep 19 2010 at 9:47 AM Rating: Decent
*
215 posts
BRizzl3 wrote:
Quote:
yeah. and I can get a meal to feed 4 people for 2 bucks. Try that in USA. (Not only that all the food will be fresh, no such thing as 'frozen' here, even mc donalds is is fresher here.)


$2 or 2 Yuan Renminbi? Because if you're going by $2 than that's 13.44 CNY, otherwise if it's 2CNY that's great. If it's in American dollars though then you're just using the exchange rate to your advantage.

Quote:
I don't follow the reasoning. As of two months ago for the first time since 2008, the value of the CNY is increasing relative to the USD.

Also,

1.00 USD = 85.8750 JPY


Not really a good way to think about it comparing it to yen. I've talked to people who have gone to Japan and they say the prices are ridiculous there compared to America.


yeah around 14 rmb. I just speak in dollar terms even when im buying things with RMB here. I look at it in dollars. but i make a good wage here being a foreigner. Granted if your a poor chinese person 14 rmb is probaly like 14 dollars to Americans.
#17 Sep 19 2010 at 9:49 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
771 posts
Quote:
yeah around 14 rmb. I just speak in dollar terms even when im buying things with RMB here. I look at it in dollars. but i make a good wage here being a foreigner. Granted if your a poor chinese person 14 rmb is probaly like 14 dollars to Americans.


That's what I was trying to say. For you or me it's great there, but to examine their economy in it's current state you have to look at what it's like for someone native to that country.
#18 Sep 19 2010 at 9:53 AM Rating: Decent
23 posts
Ah - you're getting it mailed - good luck with that :) Chinese customs been crazy lately due to Expo, delaying packages a few weeks.

I might actually just get one of the Japanese Versions of FFXIV off Taobao... less customs issues, and apparently still has English on it (the game installs in the language your computer is regionally set to).

#19 Sep 19 2010 at 9:54 AM Rating: Good
*
215 posts
BRizzl3 wrote:
Quote:
yeah around 14 rmb. I just speak in dollar terms even when im buying things with RMB here. I look at it in dollars. but i make a good wage here being a foreigner. Granted if your a poor chinese person 14 rmb is probaly like 14 dollars to Americans.


That's what I was trying to say. For you or me it's great there, but to examine their economy in it's current state you have to look at what it's like for someone native to that country.


Right, but China is growing and the a middle class is starting to emerge in China. Even the poor people here can live decent lives.(they do all the same things we do, drink, go see movies ect) There are a few areas that are really lacking like Housing. Housing is expensive as **** here.(When I say Housing I mean house, apartment is cheap as **** here) To buy a house you can pay just as much as USA. Mostly because the rich people have figured out they can make just as much as the Americans because the wealthy here are wealthy in even American standards. But there have been improvements and hopefully that will continue. As a foreigner though you can make a much higher wage just because they think we are great.
#20 Sep 19 2010 at 9:56 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
BRizzl3 wrote:
Not really a good way to think about it comparing it to yen. I've talked to people who have gone to Japan and they say the prices are ridiculous there compared to America.
That's the point.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#21 Sep 19 2010 at 10:03 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
771 posts
Quote:
Right, but China is growing and the a middle class is starting to emerge in China. Even the poor people here can live decent lives.(they do all the same things we do, drink, go see movies ect) There are a few areas that are really lacking like Housing. Housing is expensive as **** here.(When I say Housing I mean house, apartment is cheap as **** here) To buy a house you can pay just as much as USA. Mostly because the rich people have figured out they can make just as much as the Americans because the wealthy here are wealthy in even American standards. But there have been improvements and hopefully that will continue. As a foreigner though you can make a much higher wage just because they think we are great.


Well hopefully I'll start to understand this more with time. I'm about to go to England for ~3 years, so maybe Europe will give me some perspectives on economies. Though I hear the pound is dropping in value, so maybe I still won't see things from the same perspective as you.
#22 Sep 19 2010 at 10:06 AM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
BRizzl3 wrote:
Quote:
Right, but China is growing and the a middle class is starting to emerge in China. Even the poor people here can live decent lives.(they do all the same things we do, drink, go see movies ect) There are a few areas that are really lacking like Housing. Housing is expensive as **** here.(When I say Housing I mean house, apartment is cheap as **** here) To buy a house you can pay just as much as USA. Mostly because the rich people have figured out they can make just as much as the Americans because the wealthy here are wealthy in even American standards. But there have been improvements and hopefully that will continue. As a foreigner though you can make a much higher wage just because they think we are great.


Well hopefully I'll start to understand this more with time. I'm about to go to England for ~3 years, so maybe Europe will give me some perspectives on economies. Though I hear the pound is dropping in value, so maybe I still won't see things from the same perspective as you.
Pounds (like Euros) have been going down in value for a while now, but that's since turned around this summer. Countries like Germany are recovering from the recession a lot quicker than the US is, for example.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#23 Sep 19 2010 at 10:27 AM Rating: Good
*
215 posts
BRizzl3 wrote:
Quote:
Right, but China is growing and the a middle class is starting to emerge in China. Even the poor people here can live decent lives.(they do all the same things we do, drink, go see movies ect) There are a few areas that are really lacking like Housing. Housing is expensive as **** here.(When I say Housing I mean house, apartment is cheap as **** here) To buy a house you can pay just as much as USA. Mostly because the rich people have figured out they can make just as much as the Americans because the wealthy here are wealthy in even American standards. But there have been improvements and hopefully that will continue. As a foreigner though you can make a much higher wage just because they think we are great.


Well hopefully I'll start to understand this more with time. I'm about to go to England for ~3 years, so maybe Europe will give me some perspectives on economies. Though I hear the pound is dropping in value, so maybe I still won't see things from the same perspective as you.


Economies are more complex than just the surface numbers you will find. It all depends on what you look at. In some areas Chinese have it great, in others they don't(Like buying a house, but if your fine with an apartment you really have it great, if you want a house the USA will always be the cheapest for that). But mostly what I pay attention to is the opportunities. Like I have a Chinese friend with little money bought a factory and is starting up a company. Because workers will work for so little here, there are great opportunities for you to make great money in China, and not only that all the markets are growing so theres always an area you can fill with your own business. This place is extremely capitalistic. It would shock you just because of how the West mis represents China so much. When you get here you quickly find out that not all the books in the world could prepare you for this place.

I hope you enjoy England, going to another country is invaluable. Gives you perspective not just on another culture but your own. Looking back at the USA from another country is like seeing yourself in the mirror for the first time. And your world and opportunities become much larger :)

#24 Sep 19 2010 at 10:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
The chinese economy is on a slow and steady rise. Economist's predict that they could have the number one economy in 10-15 years at this rate. They also just surpassed Japan, to become the world's second largest economy.
Here's a Link on the story if you are interested in reading it.

sorry for the slight /derail lol.
____________________________

#25 Sep 19 2010 at 10:38 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
441 posts
Wow... this thread got derailed fast lol

but ultimately, if you wanna experience chinese culture, ya gotta take the good with the bad, have fun behind that 'iron curtain' with censored internet and gameplay

Quote:
As for why I'm in China, because America's economy is a pile of crap and this economy is kicking **** and calling names. So I'm in China for opportunities, that and the experience for a new culture. I recommend living in another country to anyone. The experience is invaluable.


Just because you're not FROM a country, doesnt mean ya get to scapegoat outta their laws lol
____________________________
“Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.”
Theodore Roosevelt

“Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”
Oscar Wilde

#26 Sep 19 2010 at 2:27 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
For the ppl that live outside USA:

How will you pay for the monthly subscription? I live in Brasil. I'd like to know if entropay or anything else is accepted
#27 Sep 19 2010 at 4:00 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
92 posts
ok, @ 做个好梦

Even if you find a VPN, you will have 50% chance of getting banned (I mean your ID will get banned, not just IP). No matter you are an American or not as long as u stay in China. Because SE already started to do that years ago since FF11.

Check out what 田中宏道said on his twitter :
Quote:
グローバルサーバーはすでに中国からの通信はIPブロック済み。なのに何故RMT業者が入り込んでいるかというと、彼らは国外の回線経由でアクセスして来ているか、そもそも中国では無いかのどちらか。何れにしても徹底して潰し続けます。 5:41 PM Sep 16th via TwitBird

http://twitter.com/tanakahiromichi

By the way I’m a Chinese American living in the US… I've heard a lot of cases about banning their IDs from my Chinese friends.




Edited, Sep 19th 2010 3:03pm by Skmm
#28 Sep 19 2010 at 7:10 PM Rating: Default
*
215 posts
Skmm wrote:
ok, @ 做个好梦

Even if you find a VPN, you will have 50% chance of getting banned (I mean your ID will get banned, not just IP). No matter you are an American or not as long as u stay in China. Because SE already started to do that years ago since FF11.

Check out what 田中宏道said on his twitter :
Quote:
グローバルサーバーはすでに中国からの通信はIPブロック済み。なのに何故RMT業者が入り込んでいるかというと、彼らは国外の回線経由でアクセスして来ているか、そもそも中国では無いかのどちらか。何れにしても徹底して潰し続けます。 5:41 PM Sep 16th via TwitBird

http://twitter.com/tanakahiromichi

By the way I’m a Chinese American living in the US… I've heard a lot of cases about banning their IDs from my Chinese friends.




Edited, Sep 19th 2010 3:03pm by Skmm


Yeah, ill just have to take a gamble I suppose. Pray since im paying for it using an American card and billing address they'll cut me some slack. Otherwise I guess they lose out on a potential customer and quite frankly, if I can't play FF14 after looking forward to it for a few years now...I probably wont purchase another game from them ever again. Its poor business if they don't have a way for overseas Americans to have access to their services, it would be easy to have some sort of way to prove im American and not just some Chinese RMT trying to get into the system.
a
#29 Sep 19 2010 at 8:03 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
440 posts
zuogehaomeng wrote:
Its poor business if they don't have a way for overseas Americans to have access to their services, it would be easy to have some sort of way to prove im American and not just some Chinese RMT trying to get into the system.


It's not about RMT or being American or Chinese. It's about Chinese law. You, living in China, have to follow these laws whether you like them or not. RMT was probably an after-thought to this; a sort of "plus" to the separate versions.

I agree that it's gonna suck for a lot of people but there's really nothing that can be done at this point except maybe move back to America.
#30 Sep 19 2010 at 8:59 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,500 posts
Teneleven wrote:
The chinese economy is on a slow and steady rise. Economist's predict that they could have the number one economy in 10-15 years at this rate. They also just surpassed Japan, to become the world's second largest economy.
Here's a Link on the story if you are interested in reading it.

sorry for the slight /derail lol.
Contributing with the derail, the current value of the currency is hardly and indication of the economy as it is that value's stability, and yet that it's only one of many important aspects.

Chinese economy is steady increasing but fighting against another powerful detriment, they are getting old, the part of their population who manage the economy was been restricted to the "One-child" policy for a couple of decades now, resulting in a national average increasing a few months every year, which is an alarming condition that will result in consequences not only for the economy but the Chinese society itself.

Moreover with the development of the nation the population itself is getting richer, which means, between other things, a larger need for natural resources to provide what the people can now purchase with their money, returning large winnings for those who can provide said commodities, being this a person, a company or an entire nation, growing at the same time, and even better rates, as Chinese economy does.

Unfortunately while this may sound promising and full of opportunities, Chinese people still conform more than 1/6 of the global population and the question "will our resources suffice to transform 1 of each 6 persons from farmers in blue/white collars?" is still unanswered, although either way he who control the resources will have the upper hand in the world's economy for the years to come.

Sorry for the long derailing post, I thought it could be an interesting reading.

Ken
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#31 Oct 07 2010 at 5:21 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
123 posts
I'm also in china. OP, did you have any luck? would i be better off buying it in Canada, Japan, or Australia? my SE acct is from Canada, so that's what I'm thinking
#32 Oct 09 2010 at 2:53 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
90 posts
No IP ban for now. I'm playing from China atm.

EDIT: as for the comment about banned Chinese IP for FF XI, that's a load of horsecrap, sorry. I played for 3 years from here, never used a vpn, and had no issue whatsoever. I work for a MMO company and I can tell you the way it generally works: if it's a company policy to ban IP from a certain region/country ALL such IPs are banned. There no 50% thing or whatever gambling involved. If some have been banned, it's mostly because of RMT activity or forbidden in-game activities, that's all. You can't go like "oh let's ban 300 Chinese randomly every month", no company will implement such a measure.

Edited, Oct 9th 2010 5:00am by Aiwen

Edited, Oct 9th 2010 5:01am by Aiwen

Edited, Oct 9th 2010 6:01am by Aiwen
#33 Oct 09 2010 at 4:28 AM Rating: Decent
5 posts
u can search for VPN at www.taobao.com its like amazon.com in china
#34 Oct 09 2010 at 5:29 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
92 posts
Aiwen wrote:
No IP ban for now. I'm playing from China atm


yeah you belong to some of the rare cases, most of the IPs from China are banned.

#35 Oct 09 2010 at 6:27 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,902 posts
Quote:
All the business want to enter the Chinese market.


Yeah they all want to enter Chinese markets because its basically government slavery. The entire country is censored and the majority of the Chinese people make just enough to buy rice for their family's... Company's can move their factories to china and produce for pennys on the dollar.
____________________________
DRG FAQ
#36 Oct 09 2010 at 6:40 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
90 posts
Skmm wrote:
Aiwen wrote:
No IP ban for now. I'm playing from China atm


yeah you belong to some of the rare cases, most of the IPs from China are banned.



You obviously haven't read my post. From my experience, the only exception to a company IP ban policy is for the IPs originating from the company itself. I should know, our company does ban Chinese IP on its European and US servers, save of course if you connect from our offices in Beijing, Shanghai or Chengdu.

Now I'm not saying that SE won't come up with such a policy, but to the best of my knowledge, it hasn't happened yet, and I'm not the only one playing this game- ****, at least 10 guys in my department are also playing atm. Prove me I'm wrong and provide me with a link in which SE states officially it's banning Chinese IPs. 3 weeks ago I've been in touch with their CS dpt and they told me exactly the opposite.

And there is no exception like u say. During my time here I played FF XI from at least 5 different location using different ISPs and never ever had the smallest issue logging in to my account.

I forgot one thing.. There is no Chinese server now, because there is no Chinese client ready for release. Shanda has just announced the deal with SE at the TGS, now they'll have to localize the game. A big MMO like this one can have a global word count or 4 to 5 millions, divided into hundred of thousands of strings. This is a huuuuge project, and even if they started a month ago or a few weeks before, they can't be even close to completion.

Edited, Oct 9th 2010 9:10am by Aiwen

Edited, Oct 9th 2010 9:14am by Aiwen
#37 Oct 09 2010 at 7:41 AM Rating: Good
**
510 posts
Aiwen put this thread on wrap. I implement data/network security and systems integration so I am certain the policies as explained above are truth. Sounds like the only part of playing FFXIV in China that is difficult is simply getting the game imported.
____________________________
"Wow, a KISS... That's like, the best thing a girl can blow!"
#38 Oct 09 2010 at 5:03 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
92 posts
@ Aiwen

I can prove you are wrong. Most of the IPs from China are banned since FF11.
My character in FF11 get banned too cuz I gave my account to a Chinese friend to play. Yea his IP sucks.

I read Chinese posts on Chinese BBS everyday. This is what I've heard and what I've readed from them.

You want a link? See one of their sticky posts on their forum teaches you how to choose a good VPN without getting banned.
http://bbs.ffsky.com/showtopic-1714027.aspx

Yes, all your friends in the SAME department can connect with no problem cuz your all at the same location.









Edited, Oct 9th 2010 4:15pm by Skmm
#39 Oct 09 2010 at 5:10 PM Rating: Default
**
608 posts
pertty sure they'll ban you since a server see's all.
#40 Oct 09 2010 at 5:20 PM Rating: Excellent
**
451 posts
zuogehaomeng wrote:
So, I have recently read and looked online that Final Fantasy 14 has banned all IPs in China to force users to play on Chinese servers. Just one big problem with that: I'm not Chinese and I don't want to play with Chinese. I want to play with my friends. (Its great now that companies are playing world internet police these days...even HULU doesn't work in China because I'm not in "USA").

So I was wondering if anyone knows of any good VPNs to work around this so I can play FF14? Has anyone experienced a similar problem else where.



Hulu doesn't work in Canada either >.> because our govmt = worse than China's...But can't you just play via proxy server?
#41 Oct 09 2010 at 8:39 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
90 posts
Skmm wrote:

Yes, all your friends in the SAME department can connect with no problem cuz your all at the same location.
Edited, Oct 9th 2010 4:15pm by Skmm


I never said we were playing from the office, though we also are when there's no project going on. We're mostly playing from home. You fail on this one sorry.


Skmm wrote:
@ Aiwen
You want a link? See one of their sticky posts on their forum teaches you how to choose a good VPN without getting banned.
http://bbs.ffsky.com/showtopic-1714027.aspx
Edited, Oct 9th 2010 4:15pm by Skmm


As for your link, my Chinese is good enough to allow to understand that that the OP says nothing about an IP ban POLICY... What he says is that in the event a connection is shared to play FF XIV and one of the user have an inappropriate behavior while playing, then everyone will be punished because of him (而一条线路多人用又往往会导致一个人犯错误一堆人受牵连的问题), so it's good to have a way to be able to circumvent SE ban measure. And I said OFFICIAL info anyway, not some random thread from a fenqinq naocan forum.



Skmm wrote:
@ Aiwen
I read Chinese posts on Chinese BBS everyday. This is what I've heard and what I've readed from them.
Edited, Oct 9th 2010 4:15pm by Skmm


I LIVE in China and I work in a Chinese online game provider company. 99% of my colleagues are Chinese AND gamers. Tell me, who's the more likely to be aware of the situation in this country?

Skmm wrote:
@ Aiwen
I can prove you are wrong. Most of the IPs from China are banned since FF11.
Edited, Oct 9th 2010 4:15pm by Skmm


OK, do it then. Provide me with an OFFICIAL link, period. Then everyone will know you're right and we can wrap up the thread. If you can't, then stop pretending to know things you don't, thank you very much.

Edited, Oct 9th 2010 10:47pm by Aiwen
#42 Oct 09 2010 at 8:46 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
*
92 posts
@Aiwen

Believe me or not, I don't really care. I don't live in China anyway.
You can insist Chinese IPs aren't getting banned.

and those of you who live in China right now, you can try it out yourself to see who is right who is wrong.

just don't complain after you get banned.

什麼憤青 什麼腦殘。SE要是承認了他ban中國IP,它才是腦殘。 你看了幾年論壇我看了幾年論壇,你工作在什麼遊戲公司我不管。

人家很多人被ban是事實。跟你說話簡直對牛彈琴。不信拉倒,愛信不信管我什麼事?跟我比中國資歷,你還嫩著呢。




Edited, Oct 9th 2010 8:03pm by Skmm
#43 Oct 09 2010 at 9:42 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
90 posts
Skmm wrote:
@Aiwen
什麼憤青 什麼腦殘。SE要是承認了他ban中國IP,它才是腦殘。 你看了幾年論壇我看了幾年論壇,你工作在什麼遊戲公司我不管。

人家很多人被ban是事實。跟你說話簡直對牛彈琴。不信拉倒,愛信不信管我什麼事?跟我比中國資歷,你還嫩著呢。
Edited, Oct 9th 2010 8:03pm by Skmm


Got better things to do than to engage into a flame war in Chinese on an English speaking forum. I'm sure you actually read somewhere in Chinese about an IP ban policy, I'm not surprised. What would your average Chinese netizen do after he got banned for harassing other players or engaging into RMT activity? Chances are he's going to try and create a buzz around a false IP ban policy. This is probably what you came across and took it for granted that it was official information.

I'm sorry that u took the 愤青脑残 for you, what I really meant is that quoting a Chinese forum thread is hardly a proof, and that your average Chinese netizen is notorious for enjoying spreading false information, and have a poor etiquette.

Skmm wrote:
@Aiwen
人家很多人被ban是事實。
Edited, Oct 9th 2010 8:03pm by Skmm


No, it's not a fact, and I proved it to you point after point. The point of this thread is helping people living in China to play this game, and you're not helping by pretending knowing something you absolutely don't.
#44 Oct 09 2010 at 9:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
92 posts
I know what I know.

You don't need to believe me if you don't want to.

I don't pretend why would I? What's good for me by doing that?
This is what I've seen what I've experienced, and I don't need to show you everything.
I'm really getting tired of SE's customer service. WOW's is MUCH better!

I can tell you this is it. If you don't believe me that's fine.







Edited, Oct 9th 2010 9:08pm by Skmm
#45 Oct 09 2010 at 10:14 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
90 posts
Skmm wrote:
I know what I know.
I'm really getting tired of SE's customer service.
Edited, Oct 9th 2010 9:08pm by Skmm


I can agree with you on that point.
#47 Oct 10 2010 at 1:06 AM Rating: Default
**
269 posts
Id be more worried posting on this site, after all ZAM is owned by a RMT company
____________________________
MUTED
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)