Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

ClickandBuy Payment Option from SE...Follow

#52 Sep 21 2010 at 7:52 AM Rating: Good
9 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
Valtrex wrote:
I think I'm going to just buy my game time with Crysta Currency. You can pay for that directly through paypal with a debit/credit card. Seems pretty simple to me.


Don't you still have to go through UltimatePay to go that route? Or did I miss somethin' there? Those were the only 2 options I got for adding crysta...UP or C&B

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 9:40am by TwistedOwl


Yes, but UltimatePay processes using Paypal. I had issues with C&B so I tried UltimatePay and had no issues using my checking account to buy Crysta. I suggest doing this for now if you're having the same issue a lot of debit Mastercard holders are having with C&B saying your card information is invalid.
#53 Sep 21 2010 at 7:53 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
811 posts
I tried going through UltimatePay as well, just to try it out... I check on an amount and it brings me to the 'Check Out with PayPal' screen, when i try to check out, I get a pop-up box that says...

Timeout
For your security and proper processing, your order information has timed out.

Please restart your order.

We apologize for your inconvenience.



This has happened numerous times, maybe it's because I'm in Canada that this service is unavailable?
#54 Sep 21 2010 at 8:00 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
36 posts
ShonaSeraph wrote:
Dreyhana wrote:
After reading all of the problems this morning I thought I'd check what happened if I registered my CC.

And I was pleasantly surprised. The only extra step I had to take was to create an account that gave C&B permission to use my CC - and it was all contained within the SE site.

Basically I think it boils down to which bank you use and how up to date they are.


The problem is that when you go to the CaB site... it shows your credit card as unverified. You may want to look into that a bit further.


I went to the C&B site and saw my card was unverified - so I clicked the option to verify and this is what I saw
Quote:
Confirming your credit card
This one-time process will upgrade your ClickandBuy account to Verified status. A verified account provides an additional measure of security and gives you higher spending limits, more payment choices, and lower fees.


Basically it's misleading saying the card is not verified - it will still work unverified by the looks of it, just verifying "upgrades" your account.

#55 Sep 21 2010 at 8:11 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
Dreyhana wrote:
ShonaSeraph wrote:
Dreyhana wrote:
After reading all of the problems this morning I thought I'd check what happened if I registered my CC.

And I was pleasantly surprised. The only extra step I had to take was to create an account that gave C&B permission to use my CC - and it was all contained within the SE site.

Basically I think it boils down to which bank you use and how up to date they are.


The problem is that when you go to the CaB site... it shows your credit card as unverified. You may want to look into that a bit further.


I went to the C&B site and saw my card was unverified - so I clicked the option to verify and this is what I saw
Quote:
Confirming your credit card
This one-time process will upgrade your ClickandBuy account to Verified status. A verified account provides an additional measure of security and gives you higher spending limits, more payment choices, and lower fees.


Basically it's misleading saying the card is not verified - it will still work unverified by the looks of it, just verifying "upgrades" your account.



This.

You don't have to verify, unless you plan on using CaB for large transactions. It's kind of like verifying your paypal account. You can still use paypal w/o verifying.
____________________________

#56 Sep 21 2010 at 8:17 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,120 posts
I tried adding Crysta and it said I couldn't do it without verifying 1st. Just a $10 transaction, so that prompted me to go ahead and verify. Dunno if it'd be the same for making the monthly service payments, but it might...

May be able to wait & see on that though...

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 10:18am by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#57 Sep 21 2010 at 8:20 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
22 posts
I haven't read the whole post so if this is duplicate information I'm sorry before hand. I attempted to use the Click and buy visa setup on my visa debit card, which of course came back in valid, after checking all the usual bs I called my bank. I turns out that due to "fraud" visa has blocked the use of united states cards used from with in the united states to a huge number of countries around the world. Included in this list the the united kingdom where C&B is based. According to my bank visa will not lift this block under any circumstances. So basically using a visa from inside the US is going to b an issue for most of us. I suppose I'll attempt the pay pal option but I find it rather annoying there is no recourse for legitimate over seas transactions. I also think SE should have known about this.

ok /rantoff

Cytherea Cybele
#58 Sep 21 2010 at 8:22 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
Well, we have 60 days to figure it out i guess. I can kind of understand the verification for crysta, but i wouldn't imagine you need it for a straight debit. As you say, we will see.
____________________________

#59 Sep 21 2010 at 8:23 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,120 posts
Cytherea1 wrote:
I haven't read the whole post so if this is duplicate information I'm sorry before hand. I attempted to use the Click and buy visa setup on my visa debit card, which of course came back in valid, after checking all the usual bs I called my bank. I turns out that due to "fraud" visa has blocked the use of united states cards used from with in the united states to a huge number of countries around the world. Included in this list the the united kingdom where C&B is based. According to my bank visa will not lift this block under any circumstances. So basically using a visa from inside the US is going to b an issue for most of us. I suppose I'll attempt the pay pal option but I find it rather annoying there is no recourse for legitimate over seas transactions. I also think SE should have known about this.

ok /rantoff

Cytherea Cybele


My Visa worked fine...
____________________________

#60 Sep 21 2010 at 8:24 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
22 posts
Sorry yes I suppose it is worth mentioning I was going to use the debit revolving method vs the crysta. But either way credit card verification will be required if you use a CC in the process. And it seems like most of us in the US will have and issue this way

Cytherea Cybele
#61 Sep 21 2010 at 8:27 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Cytherea1 wrote:
Sorry yes I suppose it is worth mentioning I was going to use the debit revolving method vs the crysta. But either way credit card verification will be required if you use a CC in the process. And it seems like most of us in the US will have and issue this way

Cytherea Cybele


My Visa debit card worked fine. I'm verified and ready to go.

One thing I noticed, I typed in my city and after I entered my Zip code it inserted the city again. I live in Lincoln, so it said LincolnLincoln. I fixed that before verifying and it worked, maybe check your address info with ClickToBuy?
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#62 Sep 21 2010 at 8:30 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
22 posts
I checked and retried everything at least 4 time including going to C&Bs site directly vs the redirect from SE. In my case it has to do with the card, this won't be true for all visa cards. But it seems that way for my visa debit card. And I would have a hard time thinking I'm the only one. I'll give it another shot and make sure it didn't put tuscaloosa tuscaloosa, but I I'm pritty sure it didn't.

Cytherea Cybele
#63 Sep 21 2010 at 8:31 AM Rating: Decent
Before I get into my own experience with CnB, just to confirm:

When you set up the account, your CC will be charged a fee ($2.40). According to the CnB rep I spoke with, that will be returned to your card, although it could take up to 2-3 business days.

When you have the two verification charges posted to your account, those amounts will be credited to your CnB account (I would expect the amount will be deducted from your first payment to SE). In other words, fear not...they're not taking your money for nothing, they're just tying it up for a little while.

Anywhoo...

I had a difficult time registering my payment method with Click and Buy. This isn't a rant, just to explain the situation for anyone else having difficulty.

For "frivolous" online purchases (ie. MMO subs, Steam, etc.) I use a prepaid Visa card. When I first tried to set up my CnB account, it wouldn't accept my street address information. I live in a townhouse, so I was entering the unit number, street address number, and street name. It would either refresh the page with all fields highlighted indicating something was wrong with them (even though it was just the address it had an issue with) or it would strip the street address number out of the field and ask me to confirm. I added a hyphen between the unit number and street address number and when I went to confirm, it told me that my account was blocked, but it didn't say why. I thought maybe it was because it had rejected my street address so many times that it froze the account (similar to a lot of places where it freezes if you enter the wrong password <x> number of times).

This was last night, I tried calling the number they gave me (not toll free, btw). Closed for business, call back tomorrow.

Fair enough. I got up a little earlier than normal this morning and called the number; sounds like their call center is in Europe (all of the reps I spoke with this morning had British accents and the charges on my card were from CnB LONDON GB (assuming GB = Great Britain?)) Awesome that I was only given a long distance number, but I give them full credit that they were quick to take my call after only a minute or so on hold (each of the three times I had to call).

I explained what was happening and the guy told me about the confirmation process (at which point I checked the spam folder in my e-mail and found the e-mail they sent me last night, which I would have found last night if the system told me it was sending me an e-mail, but I digress...)

I started the confirmation process, had the two numbers charged to my account and then when I entered them in the CnB confirmation page, it told me they were wrong. I tried a total of six times until it froze my account and told me to call customer service (still no toll free number displayed). So I called them back, explained the situation, and they told me what the actual numbers were. The charges on my card were higher than the numbers they were expecting. The rep suggested it was a hidden service charge of some sort and told me that the only way to try again was to reset my card information in my account and then have me re-enter and restart the confirmation process. He also told me what the first two confirmation numbers actually were, since those were being reversed. I used those numbers compared to the ones actually charged to my card to see if there was a conversion rate of some sort, which there was not. There was a 2% variance in the difference between the two values.

So I re-entered the card information, had the two charges made to my CC and checked my card balance, and it was obvious right away that the same thing was happening. One of the values charged to my card was $2.24, when the max it was supposed to charge was $1.99. I called my CC issuer to see if they had a record of the initial fee charged to the card before they did whatever they did to increase the amounts, but they did not. So I tried doing my own little conversions and entered different values that would have been at least close based on the difference in the previous two sets of numbers; no dice. I stopped after 4 "guesses" (to prevent from having the process fail again, requiring my card be reset...again).

Called CnB back, got the same guy I had just spoken to, and again to their credit he was a **** good sport and just gave me the confirmation numbers I needed, so I'm squared away. (Except that I got charged the initial verification fee twice ($2.40 base, shows up on my balance as $2.98...times two) and two sets of verification numbers for a total of $14 tied up on a card that I only loaded to cover my first month of fees in case SE wants money up front to activate my account.

tl;dr version:

1) Check your e-mail if it says your account is blocked when registering, including your spam folder.
2) If you are sure the numbers you entered are correct relative to your card transaction history and it still says they're wrong, call CnB right away particularly if you're using a prepaid CC. If you're using a prepaid CC, tell the CnB rep straight away, as apparently it's not uncommon for prepaid cards to append an amount to the transaction.
#64 Sep 21 2010 at 8:38 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
811 posts
That's really unfortunate Aurelius... sounds like a massive headache. =(
I don't think it should be this difficult to set up an account to play an MMO.

I still don't understand the need for Crysta in the first place and a third-party business to deal with the accounts.
It's wayyyy too much for most people to want to deal with.
#65 Sep 21 2010 at 8:41 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
22 posts
Well, thanks for all the help I've rechecked everything many many many times, all the info is right no e-mail (probably since it thinks the card is invalid it never finishes making my account at C&B) In my case the card is simply blocked due to the fact I'm trying to make a charge in GB from my desk in the US. what a bunch of crap lol. I thought about going and discussing it over my .40 ACP but a prison sentence would cut into my play time

Cytherea Cybele
#66 Sep 21 2010 at 8:47 AM Rating: Decent
ShonaSeraph wrote:
That's really unfortunate Aurelius... sounds like a massive headache. =(
I don't think it should be this difficult to set up an account to play an MMO.

I still don't understand the need for Crysta in the first place and a third-party business to deal with the accounts.
It's wayyyy too much for most people to want to deal with.


It's pretty common, especially for international transactions, for a third party company to handle the CC details on behalf of the service provider (in this case, SE). It was a bit of a pain, but the CnB people I spoke to were all great.

And for clarity, once you set up your CC information with CnB, you don't need to buy Crysta currency. You can if you want to, but apparently you can also just have the subscription fee for XIV charged directly to your CC. Crysta is SE's equivalent to Bioware points, or other similar cash shop "currencies". So if SE adds a cash shop to XIV for whatever reason, you'd pay for those things with Crysta but for general subscription fees, I'm pretty sure it's not necessary.
#67 Sep 21 2010 at 8:49 AM Rating: Decent
*
103 posts
This CaB system is absolutely retarded. Not only is it a headache, but its a slow, annoying process. It can take "up" to 3 days for the amounts you need to verify to show up on you can bank account, then my bank calls me asking if they were are confirmed charges because they get charged not as ClickandBuy, but "Misc. Charges", wtf. I don't know why SE has to make everything so **** difficult, just let me enter my **** CC and be done with it already. For all the intelligence of the JP developers, they sure don't have a lick of common sense.
____________________________
Life is to short to waste by being nice to everyone all the time. Have fun, **** a few people off, it's good for your blood pressure and peace of mind.
#68 Sep 21 2010 at 8:50 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
811 posts
The One and Only Aurelius wrote:


It's pretty common, especially for international transactions, for a third party company to handle the CC details on behalf of the service provider (in this case, SE). It was a bit of a pain, but the CnB people I spoke to were all great.

And for clarity, once you set up your CC information with CnB, you don't need to buy Crysta currency. You can if you want to, but apparently you can also just have the subscription fee for XIV charged directly to your CC. Crysta is SE's equivalent to Bioware points, or other similar cash shop "currencies". So if SE adds a cash shop to XIV for whatever reason, you'd pay for those things with Crysta but for general subscription fees, I'm pretty sure it's not necessary.


Thanks for the help. An above poster mentioned that the CC need not be verified, did you ever get that impression from C&B? It would be terribly unfortunate if people were sitting ready to go, waiting on 1 or 2 dollar verification fees to be supplied to the credit card companies.
#69 Sep 21 2010 at 8:50 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,120 posts
The One and Only Aurelius wrote:


It's pretty common, especially for international transactions, for a third party company to handle the CC details on behalf of the service provider (in this case, SE). It was a bit of a pain, but the CnB people I spoke to were all great.

And for clarity, once you set up your CC information with CnB, you don't need to buy Crysta currency. You can if you want to, but apparently you can also just have the subscription fee for XIV charged directly to your CC. Crysta is SE's equivalent to Bioware points, or other similar cash shop "currencies". So if SE adds a cash shop to XIV for whatever reason, you'd pay for those things with Crysta but for general subscription fees, I'm pretty sure it's not necessary.


That's quite an unfortunate situation you went through there, thanks for sharing all that info though. Answers some of the questions I've been having about the whole thing...
____________________________

#70 Sep 21 2010 at 8:51 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
208 posts
ShonaSeraph wrote:
I tried going through UltimatePay as well, just to try it out... I check on an amount and it brings me to the 'Check Out with PayPal' screen, when i try to check out, I get a pop-up box that says...

Timeout
For your security and proper processing, your order information has timed out.

Please restart your order.

We apologize for your inconvenience.



This has happened numerous times, maybe it's because I'm in Canada that this service is unavailable?
\

Im in Toronto, and i got through with the UltimatePay and had no problems buying the crystal with my paypal account... only thing tho is im not seeing the crysta being added to my square enix balance it still says 0 i checked my paypal account and i was charged the correct ammount, does anyone know how long it takes to update my Crysta balance on the square enix members page??
#71 Sep 21 2010 at 8:52 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,131 posts
Pagansaint wrote:
This CaB system is absolutely retarded. Not only is it a headache, but its a slow, annoying process. It can take "up" to 3 days for the amounts you need to verify to show up on you can bank account, then my bank calls me asking if they were are confirmed charges because they get charged not as ClickandBuy, but "Misc. Charges", wtf. I don't know why SE has to make everything so **** difficult, just let me enter my **** CC and be done with it already. For all the intelligence of the JP developers, they sure don't have a lick of common sense.

So don't verify, it's not necessary unless you're going to be using the account for other things. There's a limit on an unverified account, but it wouldn't be low enough to not be able to handle $13/mo coming out. ;) You can certainly verify if you want, but all you have to do is set up the account in the first place (anything else is up to you).
____________________________
FFXI: Triane [Caitsith], Retired
DRK75, THF75, RDM71

FFXIV: Triane Rhiga [Besaid]
Pugilist, Marauder, Fisher
#72 Sep 21 2010 at 8:54 AM Rating: Decent
ShonaSeraph wrote:
The One and Only Aurelius wrote:


It's pretty common, especially for international transactions, for a third party company to handle the CC details on behalf of the service provider (in this case, SE). It was a bit of a pain, but the CnB people I spoke to were all great.

And for clarity, once you set up your CC information with CnB, you don't need to buy Crysta currency. You can if you want to, but apparently you can also just have the subscription fee for XIV charged directly to your CC. Crysta is SE's equivalent to Bioware points, or other similar cash shop "currencies". So if SE adds a cash shop to XIV for whatever reason, you'd pay for those things with Crysta but for general subscription fees, I'm pretty sure it's not necessary.


Thanks for the help. An above poster mentioned that the CC need not be verified, did you ever get that impression from C&B? It would be terribly unfortunate if people were sitting ready to go, waiting on 1 or 2 dollar verification fees to be supplied to the credit card companies.


I got no indication whatsoever that I could bypass the verification process. I went through the SE Account Management page which redirected me to the CnB account setup information through a pane on the SE site (not sure the "technical" term for viewing a web page within a web page). In other words, in the middle of the screen I had the CnB stuff and then to the left I had the SE Account Management menu. It never told me that I could skip the verification process or that it wasn't necessary, and it didn't notify me that SE had accepted my payment method until after I had verified.

Edit to add: Apparently my account was set up with CnB last night, just not verified. Once I got my account verified, I got an e-mail from CnB saying that SE had been added to my list of authorized companies to charge my account. I'm not saying that you can't skip the verification process, but from my experience they don't exactly go out of their way to let you know that the verification is optional.

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 7:57am by Aurelius
#73 Sep 21 2010 at 8:55 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
22 posts
Well it was something to do with my debit card, I used an actual Mastercard credit card I have and it worked. Ironically this card is drawn off hong kong singapore bank co. It did work however, unfortunately unlike my debit card this one has interest but I'll just pay the whole bill it had a 0.00 balance anyhow.

Again ty, for the help and the listening to my /rant.

Cytherea Cybele

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 10:56am by Cytherea1
#74 Sep 21 2010 at 8:56 AM Rating: Decent
9 posts
demegod wrote:
ShonaSeraph wrote:
I tried going through UltimatePay as well, just to try it out... I check on an amount and it brings me to the 'Check Out with PayPal' screen, when i try to check out, I get a pop-up box that says...

Timeout
For your security and proper processing, your order information has timed out.

Please restart your order.

We apologize for your inconvenience.



This has happened numerous times, maybe it's because I'm in Canada that this service is unavailable?
\

Im in Toronto, and i got through with the UltimatePay and had no problems buying the crystal with my paypal account... only thing tho is im not seeing the crysta being added to my square enix balance it still says 0 i checked my paypal account and i was charged the correct ammount, does anyone know how long it takes to update my Crysta balance on the square enix members page??


If you click on "Crysta Passbook" it should update on the top as well as show the recent transaction and amount purchased.

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 10:56am by Thamu
#75 Sep 21 2010 at 9:10 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,131 posts
The One and Only Aurelius wrote:
I got no indication whatsoever that I could bypass the verification process. I went through the SE Account Management page which redirected me to the CnB account setup information through a pane on the SE site (not sure the "technical" term for viewing a web page within a web page). In other words, in the middle of the screen I had the CnB stuff and then to the left I had the SE Account Management menu. It never told me that I could skip the verification process or that it wasn't necessary, and it didn't notify me that SE had accepted my payment method until after I had verified.

Edit to add: Apparently my account was set up with CnB last night, just not verified. Once I got my account verified, I got an e-mail from CnB saying that SE had been added to my list of authorized companies to charge my account. I'm not saying that you can't skip the verification process, but from my experience they don't exactly go out of their way to let you know that the verification is optional.

On my end, I got two emails just from setting up the payment method (going through the process from within the SE page): one that my account was activated, and the other that SE was authorized for Easy Collect. I haven't verified my CC (and don't plan on it).

The whole process is rather confusing, though, and it's hard to know whether everything's set up properly (or if you can use a single C&B account for two SE accounts -- no real feedback there). :\
____________________________
FFXI: Triane [Caitsith], Retired
DRK75, THF75, RDM71

FFXIV: Triane Rhiga [Besaid]
Pugilist, Marauder, Fisher
#76 Sep 21 2010 at 9:59 AM Rating: Decent
*
71 posts
If you need to call C&B customer service the number is 1-877-265-7821. I had to call them because they blocked my account due to my credit card not letting the 2nd charge through..
Calling my bank and then trying again resolved it. All of the charges should be credited back within 2-3 days so they said.

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 12:51pm by TAOQUIN
____________________________
Taoquin SAM75 (Retired)
Ramuh Server
#77 Sep 21 2010 at 10:15 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,608 posts
Tried registering with CaB but keep getting all these error messages. Called them and they said it is because it just went live today so have to keep trying...
____________________________

#78 Sep 21 2010 at 10:46 AM Rating: Good
I just used my debit card to register, and was verified within minutes when my bank(Chase) posted the amounts.

About the $2.50 charge, I emailed CaB and got this..

Quote:
Thank you for contacting ClickandBuy and for your message.

Our records do not reflect the charge mentioned in your message. This indicates that you are referring to pre-authorized charges or reservations, which either occurs when you attempt to make a purchase that fails or when we verify the validity of your payment method during the registration process.

This transaction is purely a reservation and no funds are taken from your account; they are merely reserved by your payment provider. After approximately five business days, the reserved charges are automatically released.

Please select answer or reply when responding to this e-mail as opposed to sending a new e-mail as this will aid us in resolving your issue with more efficiency.

Yours sincerely,

ClickandBuy Service-Team
____________________________

#79 Sep 21 2010 at 10:57 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
208 posts
k, well i got my crysta into my account now :) just took a bit for it to update i guess. umm any idea as to how much crysta we are gonna need per month?? im assuming since its $12.95/mo and $1 = 100 crysta that we will need 1300 crysta, or do we need more to cover service fee/taxes etc?? im putin in 1500 to be safe sinces its increments of 5
#80 Sep 21 2010 at 10:59 AM Rating: Good
*
207 posts
Price / crysta needs for accounts / extras.
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/envi/envi04.html
#81 Sep 21 2010 at 11:02 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
208 posts
Laudatio wrote:
Price / crysta needs for accounts / extras.
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/envi/envi04.html


saweeeet!! tyvm for this link, and woot! for the $9.99 price, or 1k crysta :)


** oh sh*t wait... there is a 300 crysta character fee per month to... ugh, why not just make it one ammount! oh i know why, cause we can only get the character fee in 30day increments, that way there is no deal for getting like 180days of "character fee" at a time :( just another money grab i guess......

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 1:05pm by demegod
#82 Sep 21 2010 at 11:05 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Good to know my bank has my back Smiley: thumbsup

Those Clicktobuy International London charged on my account automatically triggered a fraud prevention action and locked my debit card. A quick call to the bank and everything is back to normal Smiley: laugh
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#83 Sep 21 2010 at 11:38 AM Rating: Decent
*
71 posts
Wint wrote:
Good to know my bank has my back Smiley: thumbsup

Those Clicktobuy International London charged on my account automatically triggered a fraud prevention action and locked my debit card. A quick call to the bank and everything is back to normal Smiley: laugh


No doubt, mine did as well...and it even declined the 2nd charge unfortunately but I was able to sort it out.
____________________________
Taoquin SAM75 (Retired)
Ramuh Server
#84 Sep 21 2010 at 11:54 AM Rating: Decent
37 posts
Question about CnB. Do I have to load the account from my credit card (like paypal), or will the service charge my credit card for the appropriate amount as it is needed?
#85 Sep 21 2010 at 12:04 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
809 posts
CnB blocked my card immediatly upon registering, and the only way to get it unblocked is by having them charge random amounts of cash, AND me sending a copy of my driver's license or passport. ********* Why can't SE just be like any normal company and try to make things easy for the customer?
____________________________
[insert witty sig here]
#86 Sep 21 2010 at 12:16 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
This clickandbuy crap seems really shady. There is broken/odd English all over the website and they charge you 2.50 without warning you first or telling you what it's for. Click the link on their front page to find out "how clickandbuy keeps your money safe" and it links you to a youtube video. That makes me feel real safe. Google searches come up with some scam alerts regarding clickandbuy. I don't like it at all.

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 2:20pm by BanLindblum
#87 Sep 21 2010 at 12:23 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
809 posts
Yeah I don't trust it at all. I get weird responses by Email, nothing seems set in stone, random charges to my card, etc. I sent them an email requesting to deactivate my account and remove my information from their system. I guess I'll use Crysta, but if that doesn't work I'll be returning the game.
____________________________
[insert witty sig here]
#88 Sep 21 2010 at 12:25 PM Rating: Good
**
603 posts
I know a little bit has been touched on this, but does anyone know?

I am paying for my account and my girlfriends - Can we both have the same Click-and-buy account on our square-enix pages? It seemed a little confusing.

Thanks :)
#89 Sep 21 2010 at 12:29 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
You guys having trouble or just don't trust C&B can look into that UltimatePay option...I haven't tried it, but looks like you can go through PayPal for that one and potentially use UltimateGameCards as well...

I may look into that during this free month...

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 2:30pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#90 Sep 21 2010 at 12:35 PM Rating: Good
***
3,448 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
You guys having trouble or just don't trust C&B can look into that UltimatePay option...I haven't tried it, but looks like you can go through PayPal for that one and potentially use UltimateGameCards as well...

I may look into that during this free month...

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 2:30pm by TwistedOwl


The more I read about ClickAndBuy the shadier they seem... they might be fine but.. hmm
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#91 Sep 21 2010 at 12:43 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
75 posts
From what i understand, you buy crysta with your CC, then use the crysta to buy game time/character slots, or whatever other services are there to choose from.
so yes, you must use CaB...which is hillarious...
some ppl that pre-order to play early, wont be able to play until after oficiall release, cause of problems with this stuff? :)

I hope that the 30day thing means that, if you got an account, you can play 30days, without setting up CaB account etc. so you got time to fix all that.
Well that would mean that anyone can play for a month for free, as trial, and i dont see that happening :)
So i still think ppl gonna be screwed, and not be able to play early.

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 2:55pm by radacci
#92 Sep 21 2010 at 12:44 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
TwistedOwl wrote:
You guys having trouble or just don't trust C&B can look into that UltimatePay option...I haven't tried it, but looks like you can go through PayPal for that one and potentially use UltimateGameCards as well...

I may look into that during this free month...

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 2:30pm by TwistedOwl


The more I read about ClickAndBuy the shadier they seem... they might be fine but.. hmm


Indeed, I rushed through it & now I'm 2nd guessing myself. Even if it turns out they're ok...I didn't realize I might be able to go the route of prepaid cards through UP for crysta until after the fact. If that looks to be like an easy option for me I'll definitely consider switching...
____________________________

#93 Sep 21 2010 at 12:52 PM Rating: Good
***
3,448 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
TwistedOwl wrote:
You guys having trouble or just don't trust C&B can look into that UltimatePay option...I haven't tried it, but looks like you can go through PayPal for that one and potentially use UltimateGameCards as well...

I may look into that during this free month...

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 2:30pm by TwistedOwl


The more I read about ClickAndBuy the shadier they seem... they might be fine but.. hmm


Indeed, I rushed through it & now I'm 2nd guessing myself. Even if it turns out they're ok...I didn't realize I might be able to go the route of prepaid cards through UP for crysta until after the fact. If that looks to be like an easy option for me I'll definitely consider switching...


Well while you're considering that switch, consider this..

I just took the time to do a little math regarding the UltimatePay system (which doesn't pay for the game, it gets you Crysta to pay for the game)

You can only buy Crysta in specific amounts (think Microsoft or Wii points) and none of those amounts are the amount of money you need to pay for a month's subscription with a single character (undoubtedly the most common player model).

The amount of Crysta needed for a basic subscription is 1299
You can buy Crysta in 500, 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, and 10000 Crysta chunks.

Note the lack of a 1299 option? Because that's important.

So you get as close as you can: 500 + 1000 = 1500
Pay for a month: 1500 - 1299 = 201
(btw Crysta can't be refunded)
Next month: 201 + 1500 = 1701
Pay for a month: 1701 - 1299 = 402
Next month: 402 + 1000 = 1402
Pay for a month: 1402 - 1299 = 103

You can see where this is going

You would have to play the game for more years than you're likely to be playing video games before you'd ever zero out your crysta balance (see the calculation of the full amount of time below)

So I'm not sure what someone is supposed to do... Trust a company with kind of a shady reputation... Or donate free money to SE beyond what your account actually costs just to pay with PayPal

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 2:32pm by Callinon
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#94 Sep 21 2010 at 12:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
776 posts
I don't think CaB is shady, I'm sure SE vetted the operations they would be using. My frustration is that CaB is just another account that can be hacked (either through a keylogger or some other exploit that pulls customer data directly from CaB's servers). It's not any more secure than any other type of payment option.

But you know the question that really makes me scratch my head...

Why can't I purchase Crysta directly from http://store.na.square-enix.com ?

-Ten
____________________________
I like my women nicely animated, with lots of fanservice.
#95 Sep 21 2010 at 1:00 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
Cytherea1

That's the second pornstar name variation I've seen post today.
#96 Sep 21 2010 at 1:02 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Yup, both options are far from ideal...prepaid cards sound nice, but would add a lot more steps...then there's the uncomfortable feeling ya get from C&B, not ever hearing of them...paying straight to SE or buying crysta straight from SE would make things too easy = P
____________________________

#97 Sep 21 2010 at 1:22 PM Rating: Good
***
3,448 posts
So because I'm an incredibly obsessive individual, I've gone ahead and used Excel to tell me how long it would finally take to zero out a Crysta balance by paying 1299 per month and buying Crysta intelligently (only paying 1500 when it's needed to reach 1299)

Ready?

500 Months... or 41 and 2/3 years
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#98 Sep 21 2010 at 1:22 PM Rating: Good
7 posts
So I think I just confirmed my CaB account...

1. I signed up yesterday with a credit card and I received an email from CaB confirming my account. I received an email saying my account is activated. I received a second email saying Square Enix was authorized to debit my account. I received a third email asking me to verify my email address. I verified my email address and I thought I was done.

2. This morning, I received a fourth email saying my account was temporarily blocked. The email told me to contact CaB.

3. I logged onto the website and it asked me to verify my credit card. I tried calling but while on hold, I went to their website to see if I could find out any information. When I logged into the website, it asked me to verify my card. I went through the process and they charged 2 amounts. Under Settings > Verify, it told me my account was locked, just like in the email. I waited a few minutes and then called my credit card company and asked for the 2 change amounts. I let them know those were authorized charges and then entered them into the website. Now everything seems to be verified and ready to go. The "your account is locked" message under Settings > Verify has been replaced with a "your account is verified" message. I also see that my account has been credited with the dollar amounts charged. I see no indication of a $2.50 charge, as some people have mentioned. My credit card company did not mention a $2.50 charge either, although I didn't specifically ask about that.

4. I received a fifth and sixth email from CaB confirming that my account has been verified and that my account has been reactivated.

This whole process seems overly cumbersome, but I guess SE wants to minimize potential for any funny business. I not sure if you would be able to play with a "locked" CaB account, given the 30-day free trial, but I wounldn't want to take any chances. And I'm expecting server congestion as with open beta, so getting these steps done now seems like a good idea to me... Hopefully, sharing my experience helps you guys...
#99 Sep 21 2010 at 1:29 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
I just read, for you to add funds/make purchases they charge 3.9% fee on top of what you buy. Unless I read it wrong, SE can suck a nut >.>

Also with conversion, they charged me over 2$, and I'm allowed only to enter value upto 1.99 ><

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 12:29pm by Elionara
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#100 Sep 21 2010 at 1:32 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
747 posts
Just to clarify, if you are using your CC/Debit Card for a normal recurring monthly fee, there is no need to do anything on CaB's side. The registration is handled entirely through SEs payment page, and you do not have to verify anything. CaB sends a $2.50 charge to your account ( credited immediately, though most banks dont handle credits that way so it likely wont appear that way at first), which is all done behind the scenes, so no action is needed on your part.

For 99% of people out there, there is no difference in this method and other games that take direct payments. I didnt even know there was a 3rd party involved until I recieved the email. I would have known sooner if I had read the less essential bits of info, but I tend to skim.

I do think that you have to cancel your sub through CaB though, which isnt as clear as it could be.
#101 Sep 21 2010 at 1:36 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
747 posts
Elionara wrote:
I just read, for you to add funds/make purchases they charge 3.9% fee on top of what you buy. Unless I read it wrong, SE can suck a nut >.>

Also with conversion, they charged me over 2$, and I'm allowed only to enter value upto 1.99 ><

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 12:29pm by Elionara


You read that wrong. To use a credit card to add funds to your CaB account ( unrelated to FFXIV), they charge 3.9%. To make a payment with a credit card, it's free.

As for your $2, for making a payment, they do a test charge of your account for $2.50. There is no need to verify anything. If you decide to verify your account ( not a good idea imo if you already dont like CaB as it just allows the account more freedom, making it less secure), there will be 2 other charges in addition to the $2.50.


Why am I the only person who can seem to get through this without all of the silliness?
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 14 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (14)