I have a question about it too. Do we need to register our CC to be able to use 30 days trial? CaB has been a hassle to use and Crysta is not available in Australia, I'm thinking to register under some Europe country so that I can use Crysta. What do u guys think?
All I know about that is they heavily stressed that we need to setup our payment methods 1st. That makes me think we need to go ahead and set the CC even though we get a free month. I would at least get "something" set up even if you intend to change it later...if that's possible...
I have a quick question...
I would like to have two characters when i start playing, and i understand that one is included with the cost and free for the first 30 days... so would i only need to pay the 3 tomorrow? And where do i do that? I don't know if anyone knows the answer to that yet.
All options associated with a service account are active for the same period of time. This can be set to 30 days, 90 days, or 180 days. Once a free trial period ends, this term duration can be changed at any time, though such changes will not affect the current period. The designated period of service also determines the length of a single billing cycle.
To create a FINAL FANTASY XIV character, you will first need to add the necessary option to the appropriate service account. Please select Add new options from the Options List, which can be accessed from the service account top page.
1. Navigate to the Options List of the account to which you would like to add an option.
2. Select Add new options. Read the terms of agreement carefully before selecting Accept.
3. Select a payment method. Payment methods may differ between service accounts.
4. Select the period of time for which the service account will be active.
5. Select the number of options you would like to add.
6. Confirm the details and conclude the transaction.
7. After the options have been successfully added, please confirm the details from the Options List.
I think if you want to go with multiple characters starting tomorrow you'd want to see if the free character is automatically added. Then add the 2nd character to the same 30 day schedule...then after the trial month, decide from there if you want to set them up for 30/60/120 day plans...
Hope that helps...
Not sure if that means you need the $3 up front or if you just have to make the decision of a 30 day plan and be charged later...I'd have it ready just in case...
I'm basically just taking that from the site, so hopefully someone who gets to play today can confirm some of that info... Edited, Sep 21st 2010 1:36pm by TwistedOwl