Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

Day 1 patchFollow

#1 Sep 21 2010 at 9:44 AM Rating: Decent
Little bird tells me there is a rather large day 1 patch. That some lucky people have already begun downloading due to getting their clients early.

If one of the lucky ones would be kind enough to post the torrent file for the patch, I think we would all be eternally grateful.
#2 Sep 21 2010 at 9:46 AM Rating: Good
*
118 posts
It's not too bad from what I saw when I started it this morning before work.

It is still a bit large though, but it shouldn't take too long.

I'm at work or else I could help you out.
____________________________
Saba Sarabi
Lalafell Extraordinaire
Check out the Besaid Community Podcast
at www.justin.tv/gunslingerxvi every Weds. @ 9PM CST!
#3 Sep 21 2010 at 9:51 AM Rating: Default
****
9,526 posts
Lamnethx of the Seven Seas wrote:


If one of the lucky ones would be kind enough to post the torrent file for the patch, I think we would all be eternally grateful.


This. This so hard.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#4 Sep 21 2010 at 9:54 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
*
60 posts
oh lol.. just realized I didn't even read the OP topic correctly.. (edited)

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 12:07pm by zeruin
#5 Sep 21 2010 at 9:56 AM Rating: Decent
5 posts
Just got my game installed and the patch is downloading, its pretty slow though.

Its constantly freezing as well, dont know if I should be worried, it'll sit at 0 for a while with nothing, then itll randomly leap to 96% with time remaining 19 secs - freeze for anothrt 5 mins the change again.

I suppose the server is being put on pretty heavily at the moment, Ill just leave it and hope I can log in.
#6 Sep 21 2010 at 9:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
45 posts
http://www.mediafire.com/?2ccjb4gp9yonskl

This is the torrent for the second patch you get after installing retail. its about 400mb, and the first patch is only 5mb.
#7 Sep 21 2010 at 9:59 AM Rating: Good
vicious172 wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2ccjb4gp9yonskl

This is the torrent for the second patch you get after installing retail. its about 400mb, and the first patch is only 5mb.


<3 you long time
#8 Sep 21 2010 at 10:07 AM Rating: Default
I am a dummy when it comes to stuff like this if some one would be so kind to write a short step-by-step on how to DL this and where to put it. Thank you in advance.
____________________________
"Reason itself is fallible, and this fallibility must find a place in our logic."
-Nicola Abbagnano-
#9 Sep 21 2010 at 10:23 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,673 posts
Lamnethx of the Seven Seas wrote:
vicious172 wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2ccjb4gp9yonskl

This is the torrent for the second patch you get after installing retail. its about 400mb, and the first patch is only 5mb.


<3 you long time


That's just creepy.
#10 Sep 21 2010 at 10:28 AM Rating: Decent
*
154 posts
Just installed both patches, but "The service is currently unavailable due to maintenance" GRRR!!!
#11 Sep 21 2010 at 10:33 AM Rating: Decent
**
863 posts
Lol, for some reason I read the title as "1 day patch" and was ****** for the two seconds it took to click the link and then realize my mistake as I read the OP.

Either way, hope it all goes well for you guys, 400mb doesn't sound very big, but I guess it depends on how well the patcher holds up. :)
#12 Sep 21 2010 at 10:44 AM Rating: Decent
32 posts
About 5 mins for me to download
____________________________
FFXIV
Name: Sinth Emortal
Race: Male Hyur
Server: Selbina
#13 Sep 21 2010 at 10:50 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
208 posts
vicious172 wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2ccjb4gp9yonskl

This is the torrent for the second patch you get after installing retail. its about 400mb, and the first patch is only 5mb.


No offense or anything, but can anyone verify this link/torrent yet?? im kinda the paranoid type, especially since it is coming from a user with just 6 posts. Not trying to disrespect someone who is more than likely just helping everyone out big time, but there are a TON of people, especially on the internet, who for some reason get satisfaction for ******** with people ><
#14 Sep 21 2010 at 10:50 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
37 posts
bahhhhh, then why is it taking me 5hrs+ estimated? =( any tips? =/
____________________________
75PLD 75NIN 75THF 75MNK 75WAR
Linkshell Leader: Nova
HNMLS: Millennium
#15 Sep 21 2010 at 10:53 AM Rating: Default
*
154 posts
Btw, does anyone know if you get that 30 days free play time in the collectors edition? I remember reading that you got it when I pre-ordered, but i've found nothing of the sort in my box, except something to give your friend 30 days free play, unless that is it.
#16 Sep 21 2010 at 11:00 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,041 posts
demegod wrote:
vicious172 wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2ccjb4gp9yonskl

This is the torrent for the second patch you get after installing retail. its about 400mb, and the first patch is only 5mb.


No offense or anything, but can anyone verify this link/torrent yet?? im kinda the paranoid type, especially since it is coming from a user with just 6 posts. Not trying to disrespect someone who is more than likely just helping everyone out big time, but there are a TON of people, especially on the internet, who for some reason get satisfaction for ******** with people ><


Eh I tested it out, it's perfectly fine. It does you no good unless you still plan to buy the game though. So it's not 5GB of **** or anything.
#17 Sep 21 2010 at 11:02 AM Rating: Good
LioenHeart wrote:
Btw, does anyone know if you get that 30 days free play time in the collectors edition? I remember reading that you got it when I pre-ordered, but i've found nothing of the sort in my box, except something to give your friend 30 days free play, unless that is it.


I may be wrong but I think the way it works is that everyone gets 30 days free. The day you register is the start day and then 30 or so, days later you get your first charge on your card.

Hope that helps.

Jennestia wrote:

So it's not 5GB of **** or anything.


You just ruined my day... Thanks... Smiley: sly

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 1:04pm by toohotforu
____________________________
Currently Liltofu playing FFXI, I'M BACK ********

Formerly Toohotforu of Garuda Server FFXI R.I.P

Nilatai wrote:
I sometimes feel that being good at buttsecks is a wasted talent :/


#18 Sep 21 2010 at 11:13 AM Rating: Excellent
All versions get 30 days free. Says so on the main site.
____________________________
FFXI: Edalya, Valefor Server 99WAR/99PLD/99DNC/75DRG (Retired)
FFXIV: Edalya Evenstar, Excalibur Server 46DRG
#19 Sep 21 2010 at 11:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
28 posts
OK....my first post

Thank you for the download. Went really fast. Hopefully will be a quick update tomorrow.

Waiting...waiting...Waiting *Sigh

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 1:36pm by Tasis
____________________________
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="guild hosting"><img src="http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/16743_e07e81c20cf5935f.png"></a>
#20 Sep 21 2010 at 11:35 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
208 posts
downloaded FAST! i will seed this alll day and long into the night and early hours of tomorrow morning!!
#21 Sep 21 2010 at 11:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
28 posts
Yup....Left mine seeding also.
____________________________
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="guild hosting"><img src="http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/16743_e07e81c20cf5935f.png"></a>
#22 Sep 21 2010 at 4:16 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
65 posts
Where would you exactly put the patch or install anything of that?

Plz n thanks
____________________________


#23 Sep 21 2010 at 6:30 PM Rating: Good
**
696 posts
Ap0stle wrote:
I am a dummy when it comes to stuff like this if some one would be so kind to write a short step-by-step on how to DL this and where to put it. Thank you in advance.


I'll do this for the beta version as i dont have retail but the only difference should be the word beta probably. Go to C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\ 2d2a390f\metainfo. If you're not on win 7 and possibly vista youll just basically go to my documents to start. theres a 2d2a390f folder and a 48eca647(or the like for retail) these are the 2 different files that house a meta folder with torrent data. the torrent is opened in the meta and the downloaded file is put into its Patch folder by the FFXIV downloader . Note that you may need to start the FFXIV program and let it get you new version data to make a folder to completely see where it goes and what the file is called that you will write over and replace.

The tricky part here is to remember or know the new file name. The FFXIV downloader will tell you it and the torrent file in the meta folder will be the same file name. Just in beta I think there were like 8-10 diff patches like this.

step one is start the FFXIV Program and get the downloader running to catch the torrent data that will show in the meta folder.

Skip step one of you already have a download link for the torrent data. No need to do the same thing manually.

Step 2 is to go to the Meta folder and open up the new torrent data with utorrent or the like. If you have utorrent those files will have the utorrent icon like u can open them in it.

Step 3 download the files and they'll be put where the torrent program puts them(likely a folder named downloads)

Step 4 Move the file you downloaded into the bca2a8ae or the d96437e6 patch folder and let it write over it.

Now your patch should be applied the FFXIV downloader will start still when you open it and it will full fill the bar and move to either the game or the next patch.

Hope that makes sense. If you have a question ask and I'll try to check back


EDIT: Renamed patch folder names to those given for release below Still ignore whatever says beta.



Edited, Sep 21st 2010 8:39pm by zoltanrs
#24 Sep 21 2010 at 6:34 PM Rating: Good
**
285 posts
The process is exactly the same, but the folder names are different

bca2a8ae = 2d2a390f

d96437e6 = 48eca647
____________________________


February 11, 1926 – November 28, 2010
Leslie Nielsen. Shirley, he will be missed.
#25 Sep 21 2010 at 6:36 PM Rating: Good
*
207 posts
By the look of the torrent file itself, it appears it'll end up 48eca647\patch\D2010.09.19.patch
for the 2nd file.
#26 Sep 21 2010 at 6:36 PM Rating: Good
**
696 posts
xxAnikalxx wrote:
The process is exactly the same, but the folder names are different

bca2a8ae = 2d2a390f

d96437e6 = 48eca647


Thanks! So just sub my folder names in my post to these.
#27 Sep 21 2010 at 6:37 PM Rating: Good
**
723 posts
450ish MB is really not bad, especially when you're downloading via peer to peer like we are. I would be surprised if it took me more than 15-20 min tomorrow. I have a 45MBPS connection and it would only take a couple of minutes to download, but I'm being generous since P2P downloads take awhile to speed up.
#28 Sep 21 2010 at 6:41 PM Rating: Good
**
696 posts
It took me 10 minutes to download just now. I don't have retail but I don't wanna wait to patch either ^^ My GTS 250 blew up today so instead of picking up the game I've got it sent off to RMA = ( I hope they hurry. Till then my old old 9250 ain't gonna go far lol

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 8:42pm by zoltanrs
#29 Sep 21 2010 at 6:43 PM Rating: Good
**
723 posts
zoltanrs wrote:
It took me 10 minutes to download just now. I don't have retail but I don't wanna wait to patch either ^^ My GTS 250 blew up today so instead of picking up the game I've got it sent off to RMA = ( I hope they hurry. Till then my old old 9250 ain't gonna go far lol

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 8:42pm by zoltanrs


What company? I have a Zotac GTX 285 that took about 2 and a half months to get back from them =/ eVGA only took about 2-3 weeks the time I had an issue with them.
#30 Sep 21 2010 at 6:48 PM Rating: Good
**
696 posts
Jeraziah wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:
It took me 10 minutes to download just now. I don't have retail but I don't wanna wait to patch either ^^ My GTS 250 blew up today so instead of picking up the game I've got it sent off to RMA = ( I hope they hurry. Till then my old old 9250 ain't gonna go far lol

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 8:42pm by zoltanrs


What company? I have a Zotac GTX 285 that took about 2 and a half months to get back from them =/ eVGA only took about 2-3 weeks the time I had an issue with them.



Mine is a PNY. They told me it would take 5-7 business days including shipping back and forth ground... We'll see how much of a lie that turns out to be.
#31 Sep 21 2010 at 6:59 PM Rating: Good
**
723 posts
zoltanrs wrote:
Jeraziah wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:
It took me 10 minutes to download just now. I don't have retail but I don't wanna wait to patch either ^^ My GTS 250 blew up today so instead of picking up the game I've got it sent off to RMA = ( I hope they hurry. Till then my old old 9250 ain't gonna go far lol

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 8:42pm by zoltanrs


What company? I have a Zotac GTX 285 that took about 2 and a half months to get back from them =/ eVGA only took about 2-3 weeks the time I had an issue with them.



Mine is a PNY. They told me it would take 5-7 business days including shipping back and forth ground... We'll see how much of a lie that turns out to be.


I'd be surprised and impressed if you got it back that quickly. So much so that my next cards would be PNY. Let us know how it goes!
#32 Sep 21 2010 at 7:29 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
Jeraziah wrote:
450ish MB is really not bad, especially when you're downloading via peer to peer like we are. I would be surprised if it took me more than 15-20 min tomorrow. I have a 45MBPS connection and it would only take a couple of minutes to download, but I'm being generous since P2P downloads take awhile to speed up.


wouldn't be bad if SE's client wasn't such a horrorshow
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#33 Sep 21 2010 at 7:39 PM Rating: Decent
**
696 posts
Jeraziah wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:
Jeraziah wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:
It took me 10 minutes to download just now. I don't have retail but I don't wanna wait to patch either ^^ My GTS 250 blew up today so instead of picking up the game I've got it sent off to RMA = ( I hope they hurry. Till then my old old 9250 ain't gonna go far lol

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 8:42pm by zoltanrs


What company? I have a Zotac GTX 285 that took about 2 and a half months to get back from them =/ eVGA only took about 2-3 weeks the time I had an issue with them.



Mine is a PNY. They told me it would take 5-7 business days including shipping back and forth ground... We'll see how much of a lie that turns out to be.


I'd be surprised and impressed if you got it back that quickly. So much so that my next cards would be PNY. Let us know how it goes!


I'll be impressed as well. The guy I talked to seemed really knowledgeable. He told me several things that I should do to make things smoother and also gave me a number and a site where I could track my RMA number and call to ask questions. So far compared to my other RMA experiences of "send it and we might get to it" I'm already impressed.
#34 Sep 21 2010 at 8:47 PM Rating: Decent
*
87 posts
So should we just wait for the patch tomorrow when we install the game or will that take forever.... I won't get to install the game until after work and am wondering if there will be 5 hours worth of updates before I can log in...


____________________________
Alira - 60WHM/BLM
- 38RNG/NIN
#35 Sep 21 2010 at 10:21 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
36 posts
Nobody is seeding this torrent right now. Not too helpful to the rest of us...
#36 Sep 21 2010 at 10:28 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
386 posts
There are 342 seeds currently...
#37 Sep 21 2010 at 10:28 PM Rating: Good
*
207 posts
Odd, I see myself and 72 others seeding it. I just don't have a massive upload speed.
#38 Sep 21 2010 at 11:31 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
36 posts
My mistake guys, there are lots seeding. Apparently my internet spent the last 20 minutes giving me limited connection without telling me and refused to allow the torrent to even begin looking. I have it downloaded now :)

Edit: ...and seeding.

Edited, Sep 22nd 2010 1:32am by AlMcFly
#39 Sep 22 2010 at 10:06 AM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
I'm not finding the appropriate folder to place the patch in. With my download time at 9+ hours, any help would be appreciated.
#40 Sep 22 2010 at 10:16 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
28 posts
MongooseQueen wrote:
I'm not finding the appropriate folder to place the patch in. With my download time at 9+ hours, any help would be appreciated.


If you have not done it...start the updater and then shut it down in a minute or so. When it first starts is when it builds the folders and files.
____________________________
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="guild hosting"><img src="http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/16743_e07e81c20cf5935f.png"></a>
#41 Sep 22 2010 at 10:32 AM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
Tried that. I'll tell you exactly what I'm doing and tell me if it's wrong (obviously, since it's not working).
Go to Start.
Go to Computer.
Go to Program Files.
Go to Square Enix.
Go to FFXIV folder.
Search through various folders.
Do not find folder 48eca647.

I've restart the updater again. It's at 5% so I would think the folders have been put in by now. Please let me know if I'm just a complete idiot.
#42 Sep 22 2010 at 10:56 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
28 posts
Try Start> My Documents....then drill down there. Ya should find it.
____________________________
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="guild hosting"><img src="http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/16743_e07e81c20cf5935f.png"></a>
#43 Sep 22 2010 at 11:10 AM Rating: Good
*
56 posts
Holy crap it worked! You're the awesome person of the day. You're reward is that some stranger on the internet thinks that. Thanks!
#44 Sep 22 2010 at 11:12 AM Rating: Good
***
1,083 posts
Thanks for the torrent info....

My official download was stuck at 40% 0.0kb down..... 6 hours remaining. >.<

Looks like utorrent is gonna finish in about 10 minutes @ 600kb/sec 5 minutes @ 950kb/sec ^.^

I'll definitely let this seed for a while after....

Edited, Sep 22nd 2010 1:13pm by rikkuotaku

Edited, Sep 22nd 2010 1:15pm by rikkuotaku
____________________________
Wada: "There may be some areas of testing that were lacking or too rigid."
#45 Sep 22 2010 at 12:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
28 posts
Thank you for the person who shared the torrent. I'm also not so good at all this but I have a question.

I downloaded the torrent and finished and I saved it in the folder it supposed to go. Then I closed FFXIV and reoppend it and when I reopend it, the patch download from the FFXI still came back through and didn't read the patch I downloaded? what have I done wrong? Please help - been waiting for hours to play. TYVM.
#46 Sep 22 2010 at 12:21 PM Rating: Decent
*
175 posts
YAY the torrent is the way to go!

Updater was stuck on 10%.. by the time I got the torrent file it was at 11% :P
____________________________

Skills & Levels: lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1355392
Bazaar: ffxiv.yg.com/bazaar?fl&mn=Shounin&srv=17
100 local levequests completed!
100 regional levequests completed!
2000 enemies defeated!
#47 Sep 22 2010 at 12:23 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
28 posts
Someone Please answer - how is the torrent going to work? I saved it on the patch folder and nothing.
#48 Sep 22 2010 at 2:55 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
I have followed the instructions for the torrent files and have placed them in the correct file but it does not read it. Am i missing anything (main problem is patch D2010.09.19.0000 other patch torrent patch was accepted)
#49 Sep 22 2010 at 3:08 PM Rating: Good
*
219 posts
wow...2.7kb/s..which ports should I open if I choose to use utorrent..and which ports for the downloader?
____________________________
Spikeo 75 RDM - Gilgamesh - Retired
#50 Sep 22 2010 at 3:19 PM Rating: Decent
12 posts
First post, hello :)

I'm downloading the torrent atm, but its stuck on 0 seeds, they're all in brackets with 0 as active. Any way of changing this? Trackers or something? cant believe the official updater is so gash.
#51 Sep 22 2010 at 4:03 PM Rating: Decent
5 posts
Thanks guys :) seeding for others
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)