Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

I'm in.....Follow

#52 Sep 21 2010 at 7:53 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,822 posts
Hey Hallie! Glad to see a Transcendence member got in :)

Can you tell us, was there more customization options for character creation than there was in Open Beta?

I'm glad you're taking the time out to inform everyone of these exciting things.
____________________________
Long Live Vana Diel.
#53ashuramaru, Posted: Sep 21 2010 at 7:53 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) It's such a slap in the face sitting here spaming the refresh button on the server error page, when 50 minutes ago I was in, finished character setup and tried to connect to my server...
#54 Sep 21 2010 at 7:53 PM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
HallieXIV wrote:
I m grinding outside Uldah and there is no-one else here. Well, I have seen a total of about 5 people. Havent been to Black Brush yet though - grinding mobs whilst there are mobs to be grinded before the hordes arrive.


The mobs look like they're more or less in the same places?
#55 Sep 21 2010 at 7:55 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
**
600 posts
So Hallie, Wutai right? I think that is the server I may end up on... (if I can get some of my FFXI buddies to join me there hehe).

I really wished I would have ordered the CE!! Oh well, here is hoping Best Buy has an extra copy in stores tomorrow!

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 9:56pm by jayfly
____________________________

Quote:
Fiddle Faddle!

#56 Sep 21 2010 at 7:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
40 posts
If you are trying to login now you better hurry. I just logged in on first try . >.>
#57 Sep 21 2010 at 7:56 PM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
demegod wrote:
so i downloaded the 400mb patch from the torrent posted, just curious about when i install tomorrow do i need to move the file into the ffxiv install folder or do i run the file or will the update auto locate it??? has anyone else who is in already patched there game through the torrent instead of downloading with the install client?? Just wanna make sure im extra prepared for tomorrow!


Install the game then move the patch over. I made a post on how to do it here http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?game=268&mid=1285083864113527943&page=1
#58 Sep 21 2010 at 7:57 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
208 posts
Jeraziah wrote:
demegod wrote:
so i downloaded the 400mb patch from the torrent posted, just curious about when i install tomorrow do i need to move the file into the ffxiv install folder or do i run the file or will the update auto locate it??? has anyone else who is in already patched there game through the torrent instead of downloading with the install client?? Just wanna make sure im extra prepared for tomorrow!


Unless you have a horribly slow connection I would just delete what you've downloaded and get it the normal way. 400MB really does not take long, even for a standard 10MBPS cable connection. Just ensure you've got the properly ports forwarded and the peer to peer download will use all of your bandwidth to get the file quickly.


k, ill just do it that way i guess to be safe... i downloaded the LOTRO client the other day, 10gb @ like 1.5mbps so 400 should be peanuts i guess!
#59Fetter, Posted: Sep 21 2010 at 8:00 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Funnily enough, I got rated down when I posted that, and just that, in the other thread.
#60 Sep 21 2010 at 8:14 PM Rating: Excellent
**
929 posts
ashuramaru wrote:
It's such a slap in the face sitting here spaming the refresh button on the server error page, when 50 minutes ago I was in, finished character setup and tried to connect to my server...


Just a side note: You realise that if you refresh the server error page, all you are going to get is the server error page? When you get the server error, it redirects you from, say secure.square-enix.com/account/ to account-gate.square-enix.com/busy/ and refreshing will continue to refresh the account-gate.square-enix.com/busy/ page regardless of wether the main page is back working again

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 10:15pm by Magnesium02
#61 Sep 21 2010 at 8:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
751 posts
I am pretty sure that changes have been made to the "con" system as well.

In beta - things appeared to either be blue, red, green, orange etc. Now, each colour has variations of shape to give you a more accurate idea. This is more detailed than the "red with 3 horns" system. each colour appears to have either one, two, three or no "horns".

Keyboard and mouse play is great. Nowhere near as frustrating as in beta!
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#62 Sep 21 2010 at 8:19 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
123 posts
is anyone moving through the quest system? does it still drop you at level 5 with nothing to do but kill mobs?
____________________________
i5-750 @3.4ghz/4gb DDR-1600/HD5770

Hundah - EQ2:80sk(Befallen) *current
Hunda - FFXI:75pld(fairy->hades) *retired
Measure - EQ2:90trb,90def(Lucan D'Lere) *sold
#63 Sep 21 2010 at 8:42 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
40 posts
measureups wrote:
is anyone moving through the quest system? does it still drop you at level 5 with nothing to do but kill mobs?


sigh, if you want any info you might want to check out oldnews.com
#64 Sep 21 2010 at 8:50 PM Rating: Good
Sherrick96 wrote:
measureups wrote:
is anyone moving through the quest system? does it still drop you at level 5 with nothing to do but kill mobs?
sigh, if you want any info you might want to check out oldnews.com


That's not a real website. It's just a bunch of viruses and spyware waiting to eat my pc...

Don't do that to me...I'll believe it...

/sigh

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 10:51pm by Yabusame
____________________________
#65 Sep 21 2010 at 8:52 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
169 posts
Retainers. Please, please, tell me what they've done to improve the tragedy known as retainers! :)
____________________________
XIV: Misfit Stormrider - Kashuan
XI: Kujata - Razoredge (Long Retired)

A possible retainer idea

#66 Sep 21 2010 at 8:56 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
482 posts
Jeraziah wrote:
Tubrudi wrote:
Whooo! I am installing right now... picked up the game about 4 hours ago, but couldn't get away from work to install it until now :D

Hopefully the updates finish by the time I get home tonight.


Where did you get it from? I haven't seen anyone claim to "pick up" their copy today. The people playing today were mostly the Amazon pre-orders that came early.


Mighty Ape's store is right around the corner from my work, so I went and picked it up instead of having to wait for shipping.

Anyway, mines all updated... Took less that 30 minutes, can't wait to get home to get playing!
____________________________
Kuyo - Hume Male - Pandemonium server (Retired)
75 Monk, 75 Samurai
#67 Sep 21 2010 at 9:00 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
751 posts
just got an announcement saying "you have killed 100 enemies".

Not sure I ever saw that in beta! Lvl 8 Glad btw.
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#68 Sep 21 2010 at 9:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
167 posts
HallieXIV wrote:
just got an announcement saying "you have killed 100 enemies".

Not sure I ever saw that in beta! Lvl 8 Glad btw.


When is it expected that you will reach the exp cap/fatigue?
#69 Sep 21 2010 at 9:04 PM Rating: Decent
**
696 posts
HallieXIV wrote:
just got an announcement saying "you have killed 100 enemies".

Not sure I ever saw that in beta! Lvl 8 Glad btw.


The guy I play with got one that said 200 or 250 in beta he told me about it but I never noticed on my guy
#70 Sep 21 2010 at 9:05 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
216 posts
I noticed that message once and wondered what the purpose of it was for.
#71 Sep 21 2010 at 9:08 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
751 posts
EndlessJourney wrote:
Hey Hallie! Glad to see a Transcendence member got in :)

Can you tell us, was there more customization options for character creation than there was in Open Beta?

I'm glad you're taking the time out to inform everyone of these exciting things.


Hey Endless, look forward to seeing you ingame soon! I am not sure about the character creation because I just reloaded the one that I had designed in beta so I didnt play with the creator.

I am reluctant to logout to check for fear of not getting back in again.

See you soon!
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#72 Sep 21 2010 at 9:09 PM Rating: Default
*
148 posts
to who ever go theres from amazon already ur lucky mine was just shipped today and wont get it till tomorrow probably between noon and 3 :(
____________________________
Dont Hate The Player Hate The Game.

Lord Braska
Melmond server
#73 Sep 21 2010 at 9:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
751 posts
Nylianna wrote:
HallieXIV wrote:
just got an announcement saying "you have killed 100 enemies".

Not sure I ever saw that in beta! Lvl 8 Glad btw.


When is it expected that you will reach the exp cap/fatigue?


Not sure but I have only been playing for 2 hours. I think I read somewhere that it takes about 8 hours to hit the cap. That said, I have been making hay while the sun shines and grinding my backside off whilst there are mobs to grind on.

Think I will stop soon anyway and have a crack at some mining.

____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#74 Sep 21 2010 at 9:09 PM Rating: Default
*
87 posts
Jeraziah wrote:
demegod wrote:
so i downloaded the 400mb patch from the torrent posted, just curious about when i install tomorrow do i need to move the file into the ffxiv install folder or do i run the file or will the update auto locate it??? has anyone else who is in already patched there game through the torrent instead of downloading with the install client?? Just wanna make sure im extra prepared for tomorrow!


Unless you have a horribly slow connection I would just delete what you've downloaded and get it the normal way. 400MB really does not take long, even for a standard 10MBPS cable connection. Just ensure you've got the properly ports forwarded and the peer to peer download will use all of your bandwidth to get the file quickly.



How do you all the bandwidth on this? And forward the proper ports?
#75 Sep 21 2010 at 9:21 PM Rating: Good
*
207 posts
I missed the 100 enemies one, but I did see the 200 enemies in beta. And really... if your worried about 8 hours... just switch to a different class while walking to and from areas leves ect. Every little bit of time not in class not only saves the time, but the Fatigue also slowly reduces while not in class.
#76 Sep 21 2010 at 9:22 PM Rating: Decent
29 posts
the code for the onion helm, does it come inside the box? or do you get that through email from amazon etc...?
#77 Sep 21 2010 at 9:24 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
751 posts
I am pretty sure that primary tools and weapons from vendors are more expensive than in beta.

Weathered Cross Pein Hammer - 1200 gil.
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#78 Sep 21 2010 at 9:26 PM Rating: Good
*
207 posts
As I recall the prices on the main/primary tools varied a bit some were just over 600 gil, others around that range.
#79 Sep 21 2010 at 9:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
167 posts
The fatigue really only effects the physical lvl, so I find it very fair and rewarding for players looking to lvl up multiple jobs in there weekly lvl limit.
#80 Sep 21 2010 at 9:27 PM Rating: Good
***
2,815 posts
Quote:
I am pretty sure that primary tools and weapons from vendors are more expensive than in beta.

Weathered Cross Pein Hammer - 1200 gil.


That is more expensive, they were all around ~600 in beta.

How's the exp/skill gain rate in retail? Did they put that niceness on the chopping block too? And are TNLs the same?

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 11:27pm by RattyBatty
____________________________
Minecraft : My anti-MMO
Terraria : My anti-Minecraft
#81 Sep 21 2010 at 9:30 PM Rating: Decent
*
128 posts
How is it NPC'ing items? Sell for the same as in OB?
____________________________

#82 Sep 21 2010 at 9:33 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,822 posts
Hallie, I sent you a PM, quite important, if you can (Please Check It). Thanks :D
____________________________
Long Live Vana Diel.
#83 Sep 21 2010 at 9:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
What i really want to know:
Are there any NPC's that hand out random quests?
Also, have you tried any class quests yet?
____________________________

#84 Sep 21 2010 at 9:38 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
***
1,440 posts
I LOVE launch-day drama. Seriously the funniest stuff. After going through so many MMO launches with so much going wrong, now I just sit back and enjoy everyone else's frustration :)

... yeah, I sound like such a mean person saying that.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV
~ Decoy Embra - Balmung
50MNK
Final Fantasy XI(retired) - CO - STO - Marvel Heroes - Rift
#85 Sep 21 2010 at 9:40 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
71 posts
sigh... I won't be picking up my copy until I go into work tomorrow night and won't be home til around 1am then... at least maybe by then, the patches will download quickly and I'll be in around 2am... lol
#86 Sep 21 2010 at 9:47 PM Rating: Excellent
*
216 posts
Teneleven wrote:
What i really want to know:
Are there any NPC's that hand out random quests?
Also, have you tried any class quests yet?
I'd really like to learn that too. Everyone talked about the world quests not being in beta, but I've yet to see SE comment on them at all. If they're actually in, I'll be really happy.

I think class quests are a bit higher. The impression I took from the interviews was that you'd have to advance a ways in a class before class quests become available. Could be an every 10 levels deal like the storyline ones.
#87 Sep 21 2010 at 9:51 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
764 posts
still seems to be confusion on the fatigue ("threshold") system. It is not base don 8 hours of time, but rather a certain amount of experience, that they derive is a total of "8 hours of fighting/killing/etc." In OB this point hit when you hit rank 16 (if you had started at 1 without resetting the threshold before). I am assuming it will still be around this point. So don't worry about your time clocked in on a certain class, it is not based on that, you can idle, run around or whatever and it wont make fatigue hit you any faster.

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 11:51pm by Silverwyrm
____________________________


#88 Sep 21 2010 at 9:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
167 posts
Silverwyrm wrote:
still seems to be confusion on the fatigue ("threshold") system. It is not base don 8 hours of time, but rather a certain amount of experience, that they derive is a total of "8 hours of fighting/killing/etc." In OB this point hit when you hit rank 16 (if you had started at 1 without resetting the threshold before). I am assuming it will still be around this point. So don't worry about your time clocked in on a certain class, it is not based on that, you can idle, run around or whatever and it wont make fatigue hit you any faster.

Edited, Sep 21st 2010 11:51pm by Silverwyrm


I was only questioning the time expected because of the low population, which equates to superior grinding. So a play now might get the 1 lvls in 14 hours or so. But, correct; it is based on amount of experience not time spent playing a class.
#89 Sep 21 2010 at 10:03 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
Now that i think about it, i remember when i restarted the story in LL at rank 10, and was asked to join the marauder guild at that time. I had forgotten all about that. I'm really looking forward to class quests. ><
____________________________

#90 Sep 21 2010 at 10:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
751 posts
theweenie wrote:
Teneleven wrote:
What i really want to know:
Are there any NPC's that hand out random quests?
Also, have you tried any class quests yet?
I'd really like to learn that too. Everyone talked about the world quests not being in beta, but I've yet to see SE comment on them at all. If they're actually in, I'll be really happy.

I think class quests are a bit higher. The impression I took from the interviews was that you'd have to advance a ways in a class before class quests become available. Could be an every 10 levels deal like the storyline ones.


No sign of any NPC quests with any NPC's I have spoken to. Other than Guildleves and the main quest line that is.
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#91 Sep 21 2010 at 10:12 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
764 posts
Quote:
I was only questioning the time expected because of the low population, which equates to superior grinding. So a play now might get the 1 lvls in 14 hours or so. But, correct; it is based on amount of experience not time spent playing a class.


That's true, but I saw someone mentioned "change your class when running back to town" :P
____________________________


#92 Sep 21 2010 at 10:15 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
HallieXIV wrote:
theweenie wrote:
Teneleven wrote:
What i really want to know:
Are there any NPC's that hand out random quests?
Also, have you tried any class quests yet?
I'd really like to learn that too. Everyone talked about the world quests not being in beta, but I've yet to see SE comment on them at all. If they're actually in, I'll be really happy.

I think class quests are a bit higher. The impression I took from the interviews was that you'd have to advance a ways in a class before class quests become available. Could be an every 10 levels deal like the storyline ones.


No sign of any NPC quests with any NPC's I have spoken to. Other than Guildleves and the main quest line that is.

Ahh bummer. Thanks for the reply though. :)
____________________________

#93 Sep 21 2010 at 10:15 PM Rating: Good
*
207 posts
The change class is based from what that one video on the Fatigue system mentioned. That by not being n class, the fatigue will slowly lower itself. Now whether or not it has change for Live or not...

Been looking through the Lodestone Charcater Profile... HallieXIV You need to update your blog. I mean really.. not one entry?
#94 Sep 21 2010 at 10:20 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
167 posts
Silverwyrm wrote:
Quote:
I was only questioning the time expected because of the low population, which equates to superior grinding. So a play now might get the 1 lvls in 14 hours or so. But, correct; it is based on amount of experience not time spent playing a class.


That's true, but I saw someone mentioned "change your class when running back to town" :P


Laudatio wrote:
The change class is based from what that one video on the Fatigue system mentioned. That by not being n class, the fatigue will slowly lower itself. Now whether or not it has change for Live or not...

Been looking through the Lodestone Charcater Profile... HallieXIV You need to update your blog. I mean really.. not one entry?


That is true. If you are technically in a different class it will "regen." At least from what that video said. I'm not sure whether or not that is accurate. But it would make sense.

I wish I had a comp capable of playing this game. Hopefully my December :(.
#95 Sep 21 2010 at 10:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
751 posts
Laudatio wrote:
The change class is based from what that one video on the Fatigue system mentioned. That by not being n class, the fatigue will slowly lower itself. Now whether or not it has change for Live or not...

Been looking through the Lodestone Charcater Profile... HallieXIV You need to update your blog. I mean really.. not one entry?


LOL - give me chance :-)

OK, one last interesting titbit of info and then I am going to go and focus on the game for a few hours.

When switching between jobs - it remembers the last set up that you had for abilities so you dont need to reset them every time you change jobs. I know this was annoying for a lot of people in beta, looks like SE listened and fixed it!
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





1 2 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 22 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (22)