Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Security Token OriginsFollow

#1 Sep 22 2010 at 12:01 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
...and when I turned over my Anti-RMT Security Token, it said: "Made in China". ^.^/
Just a funny discovery.
#2 Sep 22 2010 at 12:13 AM Rating: Decent
Thief's Knife
*****
15,053 posts
Rinsui wrote:
...and when I turned over my Anti-RMT Security Token, it said: "Made in China". ^.^/
Just a funny discovery.


Thankfully the mathematical algorithms that they use can't really be tampered with. It would simply make them not work with the server end verification.



____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#3 Sep 22 2010 at 2:04 AM Rating: Decent
*
62 posts
Yeah those things work really well, which is the primary reason I got the CE. I have one for my Bnet account, got it after I was hacked for a second time on WoW. I have never been hacked since.

Edit: Just checked the back of my Bnet authenticator, it too says 'Made in China'.

Edited, Sep 22nd 2010 4:05am by Phantymwolf
____________________________
FFXI
Mirella Lvl 38 Drg/31 Rdm - Retired (Zilart)
WoW
Xarketh Lvl 80 Orc Death Knight - Retired
Shivari Lvl 80 Blood Elf Hunter - Retired
EQ2
Serania Lvl 90 Wood Elf Mystic - Current
Kirsalyn Lvl 70 High Elf Ranger- Current
#4 Sep 22 2010 at 2:20 AM Rating: Decent
What's NOT made in China these days? :P
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV Roleplayer

Sair Gammonari - Hyur Midlander Male - Conjurer (Somewhat retired.)
Mihana Zhralyia - Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun Female - Archer



#5 Sep 22 2010 at 2:28 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
549 posts
The One and Only SamusKnight wrote:
What's NOT made in China these days? :P


Tea partiers....
____________________________
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
#6 Sep 22 2010 at 2:34 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,564 posts
VayMasters wrote:
The One and Only SamusKnight wrote:
What's NOT made in China these days? :P


Tea partiers....


Touche, sir.
____________________________
FFXI (Retired)
Naiya | Mithra | Windurst | Rank 10 | 1st Lieutenant | Ragnarok
WAR: 75 MNK: 75 SAM: 66
RotZ: O | CoP: O | ToAU: O | Apoch Nigh: O

WoW
Naiyah | B.Elf | 85 Rogue | Stormscale
Doubleday | B.Elf | 85 Paladin | Stormscale


#7 Sep 22 2010 at 12:55 PM Rating: Decent
*
175 posts
Hi, I registed my token with my account... now I cant log in, I have hit the button a few times and entered the password... it wont let me in... anyone else has this problem?
____________________________

Skills & Levels: lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1355392
Bazaar: ffxiv.yg.com/bazaar?fl&mn=Shounin&srv=17
100 local levequests completed!
100 regional levequests completed!
2000 enemies defeated!
#8 Sep 22 2010 at 3:31 PM Rating: Good
Thief's Knife
*****
15,053 posts
Phantymwolf wrote:
Yeah those things work really well, which is the primary reason I got the CE. I have one for my Bnet account, got it after I was hacked for a second time on WoW. I have never been hacked since.

Edit: Just checked the back of my Bnet authenticator, it too says 'Made in China'.

Edited, Sep 22nd 2010 4:05am by Phantymwolf


This is your token.

SE's and Blizzard's tokens are both Vasco Digipass Go 6's with a Square Enix or Blizzard logo slapped on it. The customer (i.e SE or Blizzard,) can choose between DES, AES or 3DES depending on their preference.

The server end software comes from Digipass along with a support contract. They set it up for the customer usually, some customers (usually banks) may not want this and prefer to keep everything in house. The verification server has a list of keys that match the encryption keys used by the tokens they have sold to their users. The code your token displays is generated from a unique key and an internal clock. The server also has the same key and knows what numbers the token should make (this is also how it knows how long a key should be valid).

This ensures that tampering with the tokens at a factory or some such thing doesn't do thieves any good. All this would do is cause the token to produce the wrong numbers and not work.



Edited, Sep 22nd 2010 6:56pm by Lobivopis
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)