Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

sending mailFollow

#1 Sep 22 2010 at 6:18 PM Rating: Good
10 posts
Hey does anyone know how to send mail in game? Id really like to begin xferring items and gil between my characters
#2 Sep 22 2010 at 8:05 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
bump? anyone?
#3 Sep 22 2010 at 8:14 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
45 posts
No mailboxes, can't send mail. The only way i can think of transferring items is put items on your retainer and go into a market nobody is gonna go into and buy your own stuff.
#4 Sep 22 2010 at 8:15 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
218 posts
Its called trading to another person.
____________________________
#5 Sep 22 2010 at 8:16 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,438 posts
Azimov wrote:
Its called trading to another person.


Well...

The OP wrote:
Hey does anyone know how to send mail in game? Id really like to begin xferring items and gil between my characters


I assume he'd want to do something like that with no intermediary... I mean it's not like a lot of people have had time to make friends you trust with your stuff, assuming you didn't start the game with any
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#6 Sep 22 2010 at 8:17 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
218 posts
vicious172 wrote:
No mailboxes, can't send mail. The only way i can think of transferring items is put items on your retainer and go into a market nobody is gonna go into and buy your own stuff.

That is another possability, though you pay tax on transactions.
Also should you price the stuff real cheap then crash or somthign someone else might come along and buy your stuff cheap.
____________________________
#7 Sep 22 2010 at 8:18 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
218 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
I assume he'd want to do something like that with no intermediary... I mean it's not like a lot of people have had time to make friends you trust with your stuff, assuming you didn't start the game with any

Oh I got that, but for now other people are your mailboxes for moving stuff :)
____________________________
#8 Sep 22 2010 at 8:23 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
alrighty thanks for the help
#9 Sep 22 2010 at 8:43 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
148 posts
'Erm.. I was certain retainers would take care of this..You can put 80 items on a retainer and as much gil as you want without having to run a Bazaar.. The items would be accessible to any of your characters under your account no matter where they are in the world so long as your retainer is NOT running a Bazaar somewhere.

If you are running a Bazaar then you're going to have to take your characters to the retainer... And no, you still don't put the items you want to share in the Bazaar itself, you just put it in the retainer's main inventory.

Edited, Sep 22nd 2010 10:44pm by Sidicas
#10 Sep 22 2010 at 10:21 PM Rating: Good
***
3,438 posts
Sidicas wrote:
'Erm.. I was certain retainers would take care of this..You can put 80 items on a retainer and as much gil as you want without having to run a Bazaar.. The items would be accessible to any of your characters under your account no matter where they are in the world so long as your retainer is NOT running a Bazaar somewhere.

If you are running a Bazaar then you're going to have to take your characters to the retainer... And no, you still don't put the items you want to share in the Bazaar itself, you just put it in the retainer's main inventory.

Edited, Sep 22nd 2010 10:44pm by Sidicas


Yeah that would've been the logical assumption, but it turns out not to be true.

In reality, a single retainer is attached to a character, not to an account.. so a retainer is accessible only from the character that it's attached to, even if there are other characters on the same account.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 26 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (26)