I checked the first couple of pages on the thread list and didn't see anything like this so I thought I'd start one to detail the changes I noticed between retail and open beta. Quite a few changes, pretty much all of them good:
- Local levequests now provide mats for 2 synths more than needed for levequest requirement. (Up from 1 extra in OB)
- Crafting is less random. More frequent solid color orbs. Failures now seem to give no quality and sometimes even no progress.
- System will now tell you if it is recommended that you get synthesis support. (says something like, "requires more expansive facilities.")
- Battlecraft levequests seem to scale differently. In the OB, I often did 3 star levequests solo. Now 2 star ("Band") levequests feature mobs in parties. Was still able to manage rank 1 levequests solo on 2 star difficulty but some of the fights were a bit rough.
- Thunder/lightning weather effect in Black Shroud and on ferry (LL <-> Ul'dah). Didn't notice this in OB.
- Gil reward from starter quest series now 6k (down from 30k in OB).
- Many NPC vendors have had changes made to their list of items for sale.
- NPC price of Muddy Water doubled. Many other prices adjusted.
- Crystal drop rate dramatically increased. (Had 2 Fire Crystals drop from the same fight on several occasions).
- Rate of durability decay on gear reduced.
I'm sure there are a lot more changes. Feel free to post the ones you've noticed!