Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Should I cancel my pre-order?Follow

#1 Sep 23 2010 at 12:54 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
746 posts
I pre-ordered the standard edition, but I just got a buddy key. The buddy key, after added, says: FINAL FANTASY XIV - Windows(R) Sep. 23, 2010. Isn't that the exact same as the full version? Would I be paying 50 bucks just for garlond goggles?
#2 Sep 23 2010 at 12:56 PM Rating: Excellent
*
230 posts
The buddy pass code will last for 30 days.
After that you will need your own game code to continue to play.
Which will require the purchase of a retail box.
____________________________
Tre Kensei [Wutai] Lalafell Con/Thaum/Miner/Glad
Perfection Linkshell
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1361071

Treize (Phoenix) -Retired Jan09-
Re-retired again now that I have [Hermes Shoes -1]
DRK75 SMN75 THF75
Alchemy 60 Clothcraft 40
#3 Sep 23 2010 at 12:56 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
746 posts
Are you 100% sure? It allows me to set up payment for beyond the 30 days.
#4 Sep 23 2010 at 12:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
928 posts
it will require a CD key after 30 days
____________________________
Arestia: Tarutaru Male
Pheonix Server (formerly Titan ; ;)
90 SMN/ 90 BLU / 83 WHM BRD / 75 BRD / 45 NIN / 36 DRG / 34 BLM / 23 BST / 19 PUP / 19 DNC / 17 WAR /
#5 Sep 23 2010 at 12:58 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
556 posts
edge1006 wrote:
The buddy pass code will last for 30 days.
After that you will need your own game code to continue to play.
Which will require the purchase of a retail box.


Only thing that sucks is that you wont be able to get the Goggles. Unless you create another character...
____________________________
Jayy Submor-Hyperion-Slash Flex
#6 Sep 23 2010 at 12:58 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
53 posts
Yeah im wondering the same thing i got a buddy pass the 21st then put in my CE version and now i have 2 accounts on one login

also like the original poster said it put in for next charge saying i will be billed 1300(estimate) crysta the 21st not ones did it say anything about needing to buy the full game

Edited, Sep 23rd 2010 3:00pm by sadris
#7 Sep 23 2010 at 12:59 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
You will need to register a game code from a retail copy after 30 days. Setting up payment will just link your card to your account, but I'm almost positive you won't be able to play without a retail copy after 30 days.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#8 Sep 23 2010 at 12:59 PM Rating: Decent
**
723 posts
Inida wrote:
I pre-ordered the standard edition, but I just got a buddy key. The buddy key, after added, says: FINAL FANTASY XIV - Windows(R) Sep. 23, 2010. Isn't that the exact same as the full version? Would I be paying 50 bucks just for garlond goggles?


I find it amusing you thought a buddy key would stop you from having to buy the game.
#9 Sep 23 2010 at 1:00 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
746 posts
I'm not sure why you find it amusing, since I didn't think that until actually applying it.
#10 Sep 23 2010 at 1:05 PM Rating: Good
*
230 posts
IamTuck the Eccentric wrote:
edge1006 wrote:
The buddy pass code will last for 30 days.
After that you will need your own game code to continue to play.
Which will require the purchase of a retail box.


Only thing that sucks is that you wont be able to get the Goggles. Unless you create another character...


Im fairly certain that you would be able to link the retail box code to the FFXIV option of your buddy pass. Which at the same time you would also be able to link the goggle code to that same account allowing you to keep your char and add the goggles.

All speculation though...

But this is how folks were able to keep names from beta to retail, by linking their retail code to their beta option.
____________________________
Tre Kensei [Wutai] Lalafell Con/Thaum/Miner/Glad
Perfection Linkshell
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1361071

Treize (Phoenix) -Retired Jan09-
Re-retired again now that I have [Hermes Shoes -1]
DRK75 SMN75 THF75
Alchemy 60 Clothcraft 40
#11 Sep 23 2010 at 1:06 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
53 posts
Inida wrote:
I'm not sure why you find it amusing, since I didn't think that until actually applying it.


i would not worry about it right now. When i applied my Special Edition it would not let me link it to the buddy key account. So if it does want you to buy the game and enter a new key after 30 days or before its not showing it. I would go ahead and cancel you special edition and after 30 days if you need the key go pick up the cheaper standard edition.
#12 Sep 23 2010 at 1:06 PM Rating: Decent
The registration code is 100% require though I do fully understanding your reasoning behind not having to pay for the game. But that is not the case, you will HAVE TO BUY THE RETAIL COPY in order to get the REGISTRATION CODE located within, that is the only way to recieve since it appears square is going to be selling via the internet.
____________________________


#13 Sep 23 2010 at 1:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
53 posts
LicreudeSoralink wrote:
The registration code is 100% require though I do fully understanding your reasoning behind not having to pay for the game. But that is not the case, you will HAVE TO BUY THE RETAIL COPY in order to get the REGISTRATION CODE located within, that is the only way to recieve since it appears square is going to be selling via the internet.


I know this is gonna seem stupid.BBBUUUUTTT i would really like to see a link to where it says that. The only reason being is i couldn't tie my CE account to my buddy key and if i have to get another key i need to call Square and try to see if they will link it for me. Not saying your wrong just want something in writing if i have to go call them.
#14 Sep 23 2010 at 1:16 PM Rating: Good
edge1006 wrote:
[quote=IamTuck the Eccentric]
Im fairly certain that you would be able to link the retail box code to the FFXIV option of your buddy pass. Which at the same time you would also be able to link the goggle code to that same account allowing you to keep your char and add the goggles.

All speculation though...

But this is how folks were able to keep names from beta to retail, by linking their retail code to their beta option.


That was just for account linking, people who made characters before they registered the helm, weren't able to get a helm.
#15 Sep 27 2010 at 3:36 PM Rating: Decent
23 posts
A lot of ppl say its stupid to think that we can play with the buddy pass without buying the real game, but SE make a lot of money on the Monthly payment so it wouldn't be so weird that you could play without the game...

So Sadris, I dont have a real link for the answers, but i emailed Square Enix support to know if my husband could continue to play with the buddy pass or if he really needed to buy a real version of the game, and there is there respond :

Dear Customer,

Regarding your request for account support. Please find your answer below.

Thank you for your interest in FINAL FANTASY XIV!

Please keep in mind that once the 30-day Buddy Pass offer expires you will need to purchase a copy of FINAL FANTASY XIV in order to continue your adventures. If you do not purchase a copy of FINAL FANTASY XIV after the Buddy Pass expires, the account will not longer be active.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.
____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (19)