Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Have any of these things changed?Follow

#1 Sep 23 2010 at 5:57 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Some of the smaller annoying things I noticed while playing back in the beta.

- Game automatically forces lowest CPU priority
- Can't run while checking a bazaar
- Rain inside caves and under ledges
- Trying to move while sitting doesn't make you stand up
- No first person view while sitting
- No emotes for sitting on a chair/bench

Can anyone playing now comment on these items?
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#2 Sep 23 2010 at 6:01 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
575 posts
No, no, no, no, no, no.

I don't see why it matters though, I get the feeling you prefer talking about MMOs on forums more than actually playing them.
#3 Sep 23 2010 at 6:02 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,500 posts
bsphil wrote:
Some of the smaller annoying things I noticed while playing back in the beta.

- Game automatically forces lowest CPU priority
- Can't run while checking a bazaar
- Rain inside caves and under ledges
- Trying to move while sitting doesn't make you stand up
- No first person view while sitting
- No emotes for sitting on a chair/bench

Can anyone playing now comment on these items?


- The first one remains, although the use of RAM was drastically improved.

And basically for the rest:

- No, you still stand still, even on auto-run.
- Still rain under ledges, but not inside caves.
- No, you need to use the menu to stand.
- Still, no first person view while sitting.
- Sorry haven't tried the last one, I'll check it later.

Ken
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#4 Sep 23 2010 at 6:02 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Vawn43 wrote:
No, no, no, no, no, no.

I don't see why it matters though, I get the feeling you prefer talking about MMOs on forums more than actually playing them.
Well since I don't have the game yet I can't just see for myself. Just curious.

kenage wrote:
- The first one remains, although the use of RAM was drastically improved.
Oh? How much do you normally use out in the field now?

Edited, Sep 23rd 2010 7:03pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#5 Sep 23 2010 at 6:05 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
575 posts
I was just confused keep seeing posting. I thought you said you decided not to play the game. Has that changed?
#6 Sep 23 2010 at 6:10 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
575 posts
Speaking of the little things, I keep finding a lot. Most of them fall under the category of things that could and should be fixed easily, but who knows if/when they will be.

- Ctrl+R still not responding to the last person who sent me a tell.
- No /sea Name to see if someone random is online or where they are.
- Can't see what zone my linkshell members or people on my friendslist are in.
- Cannot expand the chat log to take up the fullscreen with a simple click of the button, or tab through different chat modes (Shout, Party, Linkshell, etc). Can't add more tabs either, but I did find configuring one of the tabs to only show a combination of Say, Shout, Party and Linkshell chat helped.
- Still have to hit spacebar to use the chat log, even when using a controller to play the game.
#7 Sep 23 2010 at 6:15 PM Rating: Good
Guru
**
691 posts
I actually used /doze a few times while sitting in the beta. I think there was just a more limited selection, but they still worked.
#8 Sep 23 2010 at 6:24 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
771 posts
It never rained in caves on my PC in Closed or Open Beta. I think that may be just an issue with some GPUs?

Quote:
- Ctrl+R still not responding to the last person who sent me a tell.


Ctrl+R sends a tell to the last person you sent a tell to, not the last person who sent you one. This is how SE intended it to function AFAIK.


Edited, Sep 23rd 2010 8:24pm by BRizzl3
#9 Sep 23 2010 at 6:29 PM Rating: Decent
Party Pooper
*****
12,232 posts
Having to menu to stand up ****** me off the most.
____________________________
[sm]FFXI: Flix 75THF/RNG/NIN/WAR/MNK/DRK/SAM/DRG/BLM Retired: Sept 2009.
SW:TOR Maim (Assassin) Sai'kou (Sniper) GM: Ultimatum. Retired: When 1.2 failed miserably.
FFXIV: Flix Skyfall (Behemoth) 50BRD: River of Blood for dayzzzzzz


#10 Sep 23 2010 at 6:31 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
575 posts
BRizzl3 wrote:

Quote:
- Ctrl+R still not responding to the last person who sent me a tell.


Ctrl+R sends a tell to the last person you sent a tell to, not the last person who sent you one. This is how SE intended it to function AFAIK.


Yes, I know. And I don't like it.
#11 Sep 23 2010 at 6:35 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
771 posts
Quote:
Yes, I know. And I don't like it.


Many don't, I don't really like it either. However it doesn't require a "fix" since it isn't a bug. It can only be suggested that it should be changed through matter of opinion.
#12 Sep 23 2010 at 6:42 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Vawn43 wrote:
I was just confused keep seeing posting. I thought you said you decided not to play the game. Has that changed?
In basically every post I made about not playing I've said that I wouldn't play at release and instead would wait until a lot of the annoying problems with the game had been smoothed out. If that takes 2 months, it takes 2 months, if it was better at release, I'd play at release.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#13 Sep 23 2010 at 6:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
148 posts
Just hit spacebar and type /sit your character will stand :D

#14 Sep 23 2010 at 6:52 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Sidicas wrote:
Just hit spacebar and type /sit your character will stand :D
Already well aware of that. I'd be happier if it worked like FFXI though where if you attempted to move while sitting you'd immediately stand up.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#15 Sep 23 2010 at 6:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
441 posts
It's a minor annoyance to go through the menu to sit/stand, but you could probably eliminate the problem by macroing a /sit command in, since using /sit whilst sitting will make you stand up.
____________________________
War 75 Nin75 Sam75
#16 Sep 23 2010 at 6:59 PM Rating: Good
If your camera is behind you while sitting you'll often go in to first person view because the wall is close. You briefly go through the back of your head and see your teeth ^.^
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#17 Sep 23 2010 at 7:01 PM Rating: Good
Can we jump yet?
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#18 Sep 23 2010 at 7:01 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
- No emotes for sitting on a chair/bench


Load up the Emote menu and you'll see the lists of emotes that actually function while sitting. It's much shorter, but they are still there.

I don't know why Rain under ledges isn't working for some, but so far so long as the ledge isn't tiny, rain doesn't fall there either.

Bazaar isn't an issue for me. Unless you're intending on checking someone running by.

Not moving up while sitting seems strange to me as well.

Why do you need first person view while sitting again?

There are emotes for sitting on chairs and benches, there's just not many chairs and benches you can sit in. The ones you can sit in will prompt a (!) when you get close to them.
#19 Sep 23 2010 at 7:10 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Hyrist, ****** Superhero wrote:
Quote:
- No emotes for sitting on a chair/bench


Load up the Emote menu and you'll see the lists of emotes that actually function while sitting. It's much shorter, but they are still there.

I don't know why Rain under ledges isn't working for some, but so far so long as the ledge isn't tiny, rain doesn't fall there either.

Bazaar isn't an issue for me. Unless you're intending on checking someone running by.

Not moving up while sitting seems strange to me as well.

Why do you need first person view while sitting again?

There are emotes for sitting on chairs and benches, there's just not many chairs and benches you can sit in. The ones you can sit in will prompt a (!) when you get close to them.
I didn't realize there were sitting emotes, I tried a bunch and none of them worked, guess I hadn't tried enough. So the rain doesn't fall under the rock bridges outside of gridania anymore? That's be really cool. Basically none of these issues are worth making a big deal over, but they're small and they're irritating, and I'd love to see them addressed just to give the game an extra bit of polish.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#20 Sep 23 2010 at 7:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
771 posts
I think the only cosmetic/small thing that really bugs me is the lack of a "quest available" indicator over the heads of NPCs with quests. Also one over the heads of destination NPCs. This is standard in literally every modern MMORPG I've tried, including most free ones.

Quote:
Can we jump yet?


Nope, and we will never be able to. Can you jump in FFXIII? FFVII? FFIX? FFVI? Nope.


Edited, Sep 23rd 2010 9:47pm by BRizzl3
#21 Sep 23 2010 at 8:23 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,500 posts
bsphil wrote:
Kenage wrote:
- The first one remains, although the use of RAM was drastically improved.
Oh? How much do you normally use out in the field now?
On a normal battle in open beta with another 3-4 persons hitting the same mob I could get on the range of 0.7-0.9 GB, the same situation on retail never reached above 0.3 GB, that's still high though, but better.

However yesterday right before the maintenance I was experiencing again those RAM spikes like in open beta, I guess that's part of what the maintenance was about, at that time it was fluctuating between 0.4 and 0.6 while doing some levequests in a party of 2.

bsphil wrote:
Quote:
There are emotes for sitting on chairs and benches, there's just not many chairs and benches you can sit in. The ones you can sit in will prompt a (!) when you get close to them.
I didn't realize there were sitting emotes, I tried a bunch and none of them worked, guess I hadn't tried enough.
I think he mean that you can actually sit down in benches and chairs (like in open beta), and referring to that action as an emote, not that you can actually perform emotes while sitting like in FFXI (wave, laugh, etc)

Ken
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#22 Sep 23 2010 at 8:23 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
482 posts
BRizzl3 wrote:
I think the only cosmetic/small thing that really bugs me is the lack of a "quest available" indicator over the heads of NPCs with quests. Also one over the heads of destination NPCs. This is standard in literally every modern MMORPG I've tried, including most free ones.


I actually like the fact that this is not in the game. It gives you an actual reason to talk to NPC's.

Anyway, to add to the Ctrl + R thing, holding "Ctrl" and pressing "R" repeatedly, should cycle between all the people you've had send you a tell, not just the most recent. We should also be able to make the chat log full screen, and give us the option to bind a key on gamepad for that purpose.

Edited, Sep 23rd 2010 10:26pm by Tubrudi
____________________________
Kuyo - Hume Male - Pandemonium server (Retired)
75 Monk, 75 Samurai
#23 Sep 23 2010 at 8:33 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
kenage wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Kenage wrote:
- The first one remains, although the use of RAM was drastically improved.
Oh? How much do you normally use out in the field now?
On a normal battle in open beta with another 3-4 persons hitting the same mob I could get on the range of 0.7-0.9 GB, the same situation on retail never reached above 0.3 GB, that's still high though, but better.

However yesterday right before the maintenance I was experiencing again those RAM spikes like in open beta, I guess that's part of what the maintenance was about, at that time it was fluctuating between 0.4 and 0.6 while doing some levequests in a party of 2.
Interesting. Not the way I was expecting, hopefully that's just optimization rather than an actual cut in quality/performance to reduce the RAM footprint. 300 MB RAM is not remotely high though. ****, web browsers can hit that easily. I was around ~540 MB at best in the open beta.

kenage wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Quote:
There are emotes for sitting on chairs and benches, there's just not many chairs and benches you can sit in. The ones you can sit in will prompt a (!) when you get close to them.
I didn't realize there were sitting emotes, I tried a bunch and none of them worked, guess I hadn't tried enough.
I think he mean that you can actually sit down in benches and chairs (like in open beta), and referring to that action as an emote, not that you can actually perform emotes while sitting like in FFXI (wave, laugh, etc)

Ken
Ahh, misread.

Edited, Sep 23rd 2010 9:33pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)