Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Guildleves...then what?Follow

#1 Sep 23 2010 at 7:41 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
*
144 posts
OK, so I realize that square wants you to experience multiple jobs in this game, and it seems they even want it done at the same time (as in you level multiple jobs at once), but I don't get why they would limit quests. Unless I'm missing something, I can only get 4 or 5 quests between the levels of 1-10 (DoW) and that only gets you to about level 5. i'm in Gridania if that makes a big difference. Are they trying to get people to either wait until you can do the quests again, change jobs or grind? Waiting until you can do quests again doesn't make sense because (at least at low level) it only takes an hour to do all the quests, and you can't redo them right away with a different job. Also, Grinding wouldn't make sense, but that's what I've resorted to do.

Also, as a leatherworker, I only had two guildleves and I can't even find more to do at higher level (in Gridania). Am I missing something?

Just a little confused on the angle Square is trying to take, and since I didn't play beta much I thought I'd ask everyone else
#2 Sep 23 2010 at 7:54 PM Rating: Default
*
87 posts
I'm with you, I did all 5 leves and now don't know what to do besides grind...
____________________________
Alira - 60WHM/BLM
- 38RNG/NIN
#3 Sep 23 2010 at 7:56 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
771 posts
There are also main plot quests, you proceed with them from the NPC that you talk to in the town's Adventurer's Guild in the intro. There are supposed to be Class Quests implemented now as well, don't know when you can start on those or where though.
#4 Sep 23 2010 at 8:00 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
You can do 8 regional & 8 local levequests during each 36 hour period. Which can be done in 1 town if you do some fieldcraft(mining/fishing/botany) and the various craft classes. So yeah you have to switch to pull that off...if you only want to focus on a few classes you need to travel to the other 2 towns and see what they have to offer for leves. Next leve reset should be tomorrow night...

Edited, Sep 23rd 2010 10:01pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#5 Sep 23 2010 at 8:00 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
802 posts
Yes, guys, the most efficient way to level yourself physically is to level a few classes at the same time (>...<

1 DoW, 1 DoH, 1 DoL. Try leveling 3 at 1 go.

Start with DoW, then DoL, finally a DoH, depending on the stuff you set.
____________________________


#6 Sep 23 2010 at 8:01 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
144 posts
Yeah i've done some of the main quest, that's a good point cause I haven't done enough to say what level I should be for it. I also have to look into faction leves, among the other ones you mentioned, I guess.
#7 Sep 23 2010 at 8:21 PM Rating: Decent
*
87 posts
But once you complete all leves in the 36 hours, you just grind to lvl? Or can you get to a different starting nation and do those... If so, how do you get to the new places?
#8 Sep 23 2010 at 8:24 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Ringol wrote:
But once you complete all leves in the 36 hours, you just grind to lvl? Or can you get to a different starting nation and do those... If so, how do you get to the new places?


Real easy to travel between the 3...ferry goes from LL to west of Ul'dah(Thanalan)...Gridania(Black Shroud) is north of Ul'dah
Be sure to stop and camps and check the aetheryte once, then you teleport between the camps & towns with anima(don't go crazy with that though, it has to regenerate)

Some nice people could also teleport you to the other towns and save you the effort...

Edited, Sep 23rd 2010 10:25pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#9 Sep 23 2010 at 8:26 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
421 posts
You guys need to stop viewing guildleave as the main quest system , FFXIV HAS QUEST APART FROM THE GUILDLEAVES,
They are there and u have to look for them , just because they don't have a question mark over there head it don't mean they aren't none.. Lol

____________________________
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="guild hosting"><img src="http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/39704_48d6215903dff562.png"></a>
#10 Sep 23 2010 at 8:27 PM Rating: Decent
**
941 posts
I've never touched Regional Stuff..

What I did today was 4 from 2 cities - so 8 Local (Alchemy) each. So I still have Regional left to do? Are those counted as Battlecraft.. or?
#11 Sep 23 2010 at 8:37 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
EmotionBlues wrote:
I've never touched Regional Stuff..

What I did today was 4 from 2 cities - so 8 Local (Alchemy) each. So I still have Regional left to do? Are those counted as Battlecraft.. or?


Regional includes the battlecraft & fieldcraft
____________________________

#12 Sep 23 2010 at 8:38 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Ggrab wrote:
You guys need to stop viewing guildleave as the main quest system , FFXIV HAS QUEST APART FROM THE GUILDLEAVES,
They are there and u have to look for them , just because they don't have a question mark over there head it don't mean they aren't none.. Lol



What are you talking about? have you found one, if so please post it...there are currently no quests apart from leves.
____________________________
MUTED
#13 Sep 23 2010 at 8:41 PM Rating: Decent
**
941 posts
Quote:
Regional includes the battlecraft & fieldcraft


Thank you. Good thing I decided to do some Botany tonight to help Alchemy!
#14 Sep 23 2010 at 8:47 PM Rating: Good
*
216 posts
Right now you do your guildleves, your crafting leves, and then you grind.

Well... you grind assuming you can find any mobs to fight. On Lindblum it is extremely packed in the 1-10 region, so you're better off grouping for guildleves and trying to get to the next tier mobs ASAP. I've been unable to find a group for guildleves so I've been trying to grind. Out of about 3.5 hours today, I've only been able to gain 1.5 levels of Conjurer due to the current overpopulation. Ran all the way from Ul'dah to Gridania in search of a decent place to grind, but didn't find anywhere.

I'm really glad I wont have to do that with the flood that will hit on the 30th. It's going to be many times worse than what it is now.
Ggrab wrote:
You guys need to stop viewing guildleave as the main quest system , FFXIV HAS QUEST APART FROM THE GUILDLEAVES,
They are there and u have to look for them , just because they don't have a question mark over there head it don't mean they aren't none.. Lol
I'm sure Square is intending to have quests apart from guildleves, but as of yet I haven't heard of anyone finding a single one.
#15 Sep 23 2010 at 8:50 PM Rating: Good
Then you dance. You can dance if you want to, we can leave your friends behind: because your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine!
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#16 Sep 23 2010 at 8:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
771 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
You can do 8 regional & 8 local levequests during each 36 hour period. Which can be done in 1 town if you do some fieldcraft(mining/fishing/botany) and the various craft classes. So yeah you have to switch to pull that off...if you only want to focus on a few classes you need to travel to the other 2 towns and see what they have to offer for leves. Next leve reset should be tomorrow night...

Edited, Sep 23rd 2010 10:01pm by TwistedOwl


You don't have to switch towns to get eight of each. You just get the initial ones of each and come back in two hours. Guildleves refresh every two hours. =D
#17 Sep 23 2010 at 9:02 PM Rating: Decent
8 posts
digitalcraft, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Then you dance. You can dance if you want to, we can leave your friends behind: because your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine!


Safety Dance just made my night.
____________________________
FFXIV
Selbina
~Jaeger Faust~ Don't be scared to say hi.
#18 Sep 23 2010 at 9:09 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
208 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
Ringol wrote:
But once you complete all leves in the 36 hours, you just grind to lvl? Or can you get to a different starting nation and do those... If so, how do you get to the new places?


Real easy to travel between the 3...ferry goes from LL to west of Ul'dah(Thanalan)...Gridania(Black Shroud) is north of Ul'dah
Be sure to stop and camps and check the aetheryte once, then you teleport between the camps & towns with anima(don't go crazy with that though, it has to regenerate)

Some nice people could also teleport you to the other towns and save you the effort...

Edited, Sep 23rd 2010 10:25pm by TwistedOwl


Ummm it wont let me take the farry in LL says something about its been ordered to stop being used until some sea monster is slain or something?? what do i do to progress to unlock the ferry!
#19 Sep 23 2010 at 9:15 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
763 posts
Fenrir07 wrote:
digitalcraft, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Then you dance. You can dance if you want to, we can leave your friends behind: because your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine!


Safety Dance just made my night.


Is it odd that anytime I hear that song I think of The Simpsons?

Homer: "SAFETY DANCE!!!, you can dance, you can dance, everybody look at your pants!"

Edited, Sep 23rd 2010 11:15pm by Mathisyn
____________________________
Mikhalia wrote:
I care that the "No Child Left Behind" act has failed you.
#20 Sep 23 2010 at 11:53 PM Rating: Good
*
216 posts
demegod wrote:
Ummm it wont let me take the farry in LL says something about its been ordered to stop being used until some sea monster is slain or something?? what do i do to progress to unlock the ferry!
Are you trying to enter it by speaking with the NPCs at the gate? They're just there for conversations sake. You can enter the ferry gate by approaching it, an ! icon will show up on your screen, then you just go through like you would a quest door (load menu and select the gate from interaction list).
#21 Sep 23 2010 at 11:58 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
You could always grind without the guildleve system, even though the whole storyline is basically "do guildleves!" I wonder how the exp/hour compares, that is, running back and forth to get new guildleves versus just sitting at a camp and continuously grinding through mobs.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#22 Sep 24 2010 at 12:02 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
421 posts
SolidMack wrote:
Ggrab wrote:
You guys need to stop viewing guildleave as the main quest system , FFXIV HAS QUEST APART FROM THE GUILDLEAVES,
They are there and u have to look for them , just because they don't have a question mark over there head it don't mean they aren't none.. Lol



What are you talking about? have you found one, if so please post it...there are currently no quests apart from leves.



and your not going to find one if you just looking for a npc with a question mark.. lol



Edited, Sep 24th 2010 2:03am by Ggrab

Edited, Sep 24th 2010 2:03am by Ggrab
____________________________
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="guild hosting"><img src="http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/39704_48d6215903dff562.png"></a>
#23 Sep 24 2010 at 12:14 AM Rating: Decent
**
568 posts
I GIVE UP!!!!!!



I've seriously tried to google quests and find them on this website, scanned the forums page by page...

I can't do it! I can't find what I should do next!

I'm from Limsa and did all of the "Treasures of the main" quests in the first day and all of the battlecraft and fishing leves. The leve's apparently are all in a cooldown phase now but there aren't even any new ones just the same leves I already did.


Can somebody PLEASE point me to whatever direction I should head towards to find some game content?



Until then I guess I'll just be fishing all day every day.




#24 Sep 24 2010 at 12:18 AM Rating: Decent
**
568 posts
Ggrab: "and your not going to find one if you just looking for a npc with a question mark.. lol "

That's not helping.

I've talked to every character I could find in Limsa and after "Treasure's of the main" I found NO quests. AT ALL.



NONE.

ZERO.


Edited, Sep 24th 2010 2:19am by seiferdincht
#25 Sep 24 2010 at 12:19 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
31 posts
At this stage apart from the main chain and guildleves there is only crafting/gathering/grinding. Or you could always do some more leves with a party.
#26 Sep 24 2010 at 12:31 AM Rating: Default
seiferdincht wrote:
I GIVE UP!!!!!!

I've seriously tried to google quests and find them on this website, scanned the forums page by page...

I can't do it! I can't find what I should do next!

I'm from Limsa and did all of the "Treasures of the main" quests in the first day and all of the battlecraft and fishing leves. The leve's apparently are all in a cooldown phase now but there aren't even any new ones just the same leves I already did.

Can somebody PLEASE point me to whatever direction I should head towards to find some game content?

Until then I guess I'll just be fishing all day every day.


Grind. Explore. Craft. Gather. This is not a quest driven game. The levequests are great. They're fun, the rewards can be very good, and they give you a bit of direction from time to time to break up the grind. They're also tuned to grant more skill/xp than grinding, but if you fixate on that as the norm you're going to wind up disappointed.

So I'll say it again. Grind. Explore. Craft. Gather. The main story missions are available every 10 ranks from what we've seen so far. In between those you've got guildleves and undirected progression (ie. grinding). There will probably be other quests added later. ****, there are probably already a bunch in the game now but we're all too early on in the process to have found many/any of them up to this point.

Just play the game. Stop fretting over nonsense. Go kill stuff. Smash rocks and pick up what falls out. Make things. Look at things. Cut down trees. Fish. Make more things. It's not complicated.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)