Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Click To buy? Why?Follow

#1 Sep 24 2010 at 9:21 AM Rating: Default
*****
12,824 posts
OK, little confused here...

So I got my copy of FFXIV, and began registering it on my pre-existing, with active credit card, account. I chose not to import my Beta characters (I now have 2 FFXIV "accounts", one being deader than disco), so I went through and it asked me to sign up for this "Click To Buy" nonsense...

Is it REALLY necessary to do this? I already pay them every month on my current credit card just fine, has anyone just been able to bypass this as yet?
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#2 Sep 24 2010 at 9:28 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
46 posts
Unfortunately Click&Buy is how you pay monthly.

Personally, the wife and I both use paypal and pay with Crysta. It was quite painless.
____________________________


#3 Sep 24 2010 at 9:41 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
120 posts
The Click to Buy system is just as painless really. It's just the name of it.

Had a bigger issue remembering wth my securecode was since SE is the only company that makes me use it ><
#4 Sep 24 2010 at 9:43 AM Rating: Decent
8 posts
"Added security" is what SQE is claiming...
#5 Sep 24 2010 at 10:10 AM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
kaorinite wrote:
The Click to Buy system is just as painless really. It's just the name of it.

Had a bigger issue remembering wth my securecode was since SE is the only company that makes me use it ><


Clickandbuy is awful. They apparently do not know how to respond to three email's I sent in English. The only response back was steps of action to take, and none of it worked. They sent that email to me on Tuesday. I originally setup an account on Tuesday and my credit card company's security was set off. I tried a second credit card from a different company on Wednesday and nothing has worked. If it works for you great.

If you ever have to interact with them, may the gods bless your phone or email account, with someone who speaks English. I am going to go the paypal way and buy crysta.

Edited, Sep 24th 2010 12:11pm by Parsalyn
#6 Sep 24 2010 at 10:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
38 posts
They charged me without giving me crysta saying that the card was invalid.

I ended up going to the store and buying a "Ultimate Game Card"....win
#7 Sep 25 2010 at 7:53 AM Rating: Good
*****
12,824 posts
For those rating me down, check this:

http://www.clickandbuy.com/US/en/sa/help/pages/04369.html&bereich=surfer

This is why I was asking about other methods. You see, using an outside party to manage payments for your game normally results in issues like this. So, if Click and Buy feels that your credit card is "High Risk" for fraud or chargebacks, they will be charging you 3.9% MORE for every month you pay into the game.

The devil is in the details, it always is. SE already processes FFXI payments, I just want to know why they can't continue to do so.

Actually, I stand corrected:

Fee table for Click&amp;Buyrapeyouformoremoneynomnom


ALL credit cards are liable for 3.9% fees, there is a 2.75 handling fee for "withdrawal of funds" and a 5.9% charge for converting currency, something a Canadian like me will have to do.

...

What a jackass move by SE.

Edited, Sep 25th 2010 10:01am by Pawkeshup
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#8 Sep 25 2010 at 7:57 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
Wait, so there is a fee associated with using clickandbuy? So not only am I paying SE, I am paying this clickandbuy thing for the priveledge of paying SE?

Holy ****, I am so sick of this game already and it's not even because of the game itself.

Why couldn't they just use paypal like every other merchant on the planet?
#9 Sep 25 2010 at 8:01 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
105 posts
I think that 3.9% fee is if you are depositing money onto your click and buy account with a credit card. You shouldn't need to do this.
____________________________
AMD Phenom II 1055t 2.8GHz | ATI Radeon HD5870 2GB | 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws Ram | 1TB HDD | Corsair HX 850w | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
#10 Sep 25 2010 at 8:03 AM Rating: Decent
*****
12,824 posts
Also, be sure to cancel that Click&BuyWeTakeYourMoney account, or they charge 1.50 per year of inactivity...
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#11 Sep 25 2010 at 8:03 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
33 posts
MinosGraedus wrote:
Unfortunately Click&Buy is how you pay monthly.

Personally, the wife and I both use paypal and pay with Crysta. It was quite painless.


Consilium wrote:
They charged me without giving me crysta saying that the card was invalid.

I ended up going to the store and buying a "Ultimate Game Card"....win



I agree with both ^ ....my brother and I ended up buying the Game Card from our local Gamestop. And with that just purchased the Crysta and everything went smooth. *note: there is no extra charge like CaB.
____________________________
#12 Sep 25 2010 at 8:09 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
549 posts
Actually they'll let you know when you going to be charged the extra fees, if not, just call your credit card company and get a reimbursement for the add fee. They're not allowed to charge you without your permission. That's one of the benefits of using a credit card, instead of you personally fighting with a company who charges you for something that you didn't agree too or similar, the credit card company handles it.

I've had a similar problem several times in the past 5 years and I fixed it the same way every time no problem.
____________________________
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
#13 Sep 25 2010 at 8:17 AM Rating: Decent
*****
12,824 posts
Ah, but in their Terms of Usage, you accept the fees, so technically that doesn't apply in this case.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#14 Sep 25 2010 at 8:19 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
421 posts
the whole click&buy thing is to combat gilseller and i think it working cuz this lunch been smooth as **** , no spam what so everr...


unlike the worst "aion" release... /sigh
____________________________
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="guild hosting"><img src="http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/39704_48d6215903dff562.png"></a>
#15 Sep 25 2010 at 8:25 AM Rating: Good
***
1,422 posts
Right, it couldn't POSSIBLY have anything to do with the gilselling companies preferring to wait for the real release instead of paying the extra buck for the Collector's Edition /eyeroll
____________________________
FFXIV: Raji Skybrand (Leviathan)
Give a man a fish, he'll be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll scream "F*** off noob, I know what I'm doing!" and continue to do it wrong.
#16 Sep 25 2010 at 8:54 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
771 posts
How does the process of using an Ultimate Game Card work? I've never used any game card before. I notice on their site FFXIV isn't listed as a supported game.
#17 Sep 25 2010 at 11:58 AM Rating: Excellent
**
472 posts
Parsalyn wrote:
kaorinite wrote:
The Click to Buy system is just as painless really. It's just the name of it.

Had a bigger issue remembering wth my securecode was since SE is the only company that makes me use it ><


Clickandbuy is awful. They apparently do not know how to respond to three email's I sent in English. The only response back was steps of action to take, and none of it worked. They sent that email to me on Tuesday. I originally setup an account on Tuesday and my credit card company's security was set off. I tried a second credit card from a different company on Wednesday and nothing has worked. If it works for you great.

If you ever have to interact with them, may the gods bless your phone or email account, with someone who speaks English. I am going to go the paypal way and buy crysta.

Edited, Sep 24th 2010 12:11pm by Parsalyn


I hate to quote myself but here goes. So I still have not received a response from Clickandbuy. After doing some sleuthing online, this is apparently nothing new. They don't answer emails and several people have reported difficulties in getting through by calling. In other online games that use Clickandbuy people have had difficulties with being locked out of the game. I don't know if that would apply to FFXIV, since you could go another route and buy crysta.

-My experience is outlined here-

Time spent trying to reach a resolution with Clickandbuy: Four weekdays
Total times they helped me: 1 canned response that did not resolve the problem with their services

Time spent buying crystal via my paypal account: Rufly 5 minutes
Total times they helped me: 1 Everything worked as designed

Note: I did notice that I had to logout of square's site before my crystal appeared after purchase. Refreshing did not work.

Edited, Sep 25th 2010 2:00pm by Parsalyn
#18 Sep 25 2010 at 11:58 AM Rating: Good
***
3,801 posts
Pawkeshup Delivers on Time wrote:
Also, be sure to cancel that Click&BuyWeTakeYourMoney account, or they charge 1.50 per year of inactivity...


That's only if there's a credit on your account. I.E. you give them a one-time $50 authorization, they start taking it out for the monthly fee, you cancel your account so the monthly fee stops getting taken out, and you haven't gone through the $50 yet. After a year they will start taking whatever you left and forgot about.

It's pretty standard procedure on any gift cards you get too. Might want to check those out.
____________________________
Bloodsail Admiral since 5/16/05
#19 Sep 25 2010 at 12:10 PM Rating: Good
***
1,021 posts
I'm using the Ultimate Game Card payment method. I don't trust Click And Buy. The other options are buying crysta using paypal to pay and buying crysta using Ultimate Game Card to pay. Even though they list UltimatePay as an option, there doesn't seem to be any way to pay with Ultimate Points. I chose UGC simply because I didn't want to deal with PayPal. I'm not sure if you have to make an account with UltimatePay/PlayScan or not. I did but I'm not sure it is necessary. Making the UltimatePay account is safe because you aren't even giving them any credit card info. I just went to my local CVS, bought a Ultimate Game Card. Then I went to the account management thing, add crysta, pay with ultimate game card. You type in the code and you are done. Main downsides of Ultimate Game Card / crysta payment method is that you can only pay in $20 increments and you'll probably pay local sales tax.
#20 Sep 25 2010 at 1:01 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
771 posts
RedHobbit wrote:
I'm using the Ultimate Game Card payment method. I don't trust Click And Buy. The other options are buying crysta using paypal to pay and buying crysta using Ultimate Game Card to pay. Even though they list UltimatePay as an option, there doesn't seem to be any way to pay with Ultimate Points. I chose UGC simply because I didn't want to deal with PayPal. I'm not sure if you have to make an account with UltimatePay/PlayScan or not. I did but I'm not sure it is necessary. Making the UltimatePay account is safe because you aren't even giving them any credit card info. I just went to my local CVS, bought a Ultimate Game Card. Then I went to the account management thing, add crysta, pay with ultimate game card. You type in the code and you are done. Main downsides of Ultimate Game Card / crysta payment method is that you can only pay in $20 increments and you'll probably pay local sales tax.


Was hoping they would have either 15$ or 30$ increments since I'll be paying for two accounts. =\ Maybe I'll use Paypal to buy Crysta.

Also why are people having to buy Crysta now if it's free the first month???


Edited, Sep 25th 2010 3:02pm by BRizzl3
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 23 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (23)