Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

We dont want a WoW CloneFollow

#1 Sep 24 2010 at 5:17 PM Rating: Decent
*
83 posts
Many people on this forum are so quick to shoot down options people want in the game, because WoW has it. Its not about us wanting a WoW clone. WoW implemented many things because it was the best way to go about doing things in a MMO on the PC.

If you think searching through all those retainers is fun.....
Having to hit enter as a confirmation is fun....(Play a caster, you will see how horrible this is)
No chat channels or communication.......
I'm sorry but using a gamepad on a PC is a step backwards for me, and I can say the same for most hardcore PC gamers.


Just because one of the biggest games in the industry has it, I dont want FFXIV to shy away from it because a bunch of forum posters everywhere keep saying "Its not a wow clone". We dont care about WoW. We want to have fun in FFXIV.


I am enjoying the game at its current state because it is new, and I fully believe SE will implement many of the features people are requesting. It just feels like a slap in the face when you have posters here with +100's of post bashing people's opinions. Thats a fanboy's attitude.

Edited, Sep 24th 2010 7:19pm by Remidi
#2 Sep 24 2010 at 5:25 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
626 posts
this this and this.
i dont want a wow clone whatsoever. at all.
but this UI is craaaap. the ratainer system is archaic, the only other game i know that has it is MAPLE STORY. people may ***** that having certain things makes a game a wow clone, but id rather have a WoW feature than a fuggen maple story feature.
and on top of it, im bored, i am not a crafter and will never craft. so what else is there for me to do? i cant quest anymore and the zones have like 4 mobs spread out over a thousand mile radius (competition is still a ***** just to level) so i cant even grind if i wanted to. i dont get why SE left so many areas completely mob free.
____________________________

#3 Sep 24 2010 at 5:27 PM Rating: Default
23 posts
Remidi wrote:
WoW implemented many things because it was the best way to go about doing things in a MMO on the PC.

Edited, Sep 24th 2010 7:19pm by Remidi



Oh how boring a world it would be. In years past, horses were the best way to travel too. Then cars came along. The only way to find things better than what we currently have, is to experiment with things that are DIFFERENT. If everyone copied WoW (Which copied most things from other games itself) we would never see anything new. Is FFXIV's current interface better than WoWs? Some might say yes, some might say no. But what it is, is definitely something different. FFXIV has room to improve it's UI, and who knows, maybe we'll end up with a new "best way to go about doing things in an MMO on the PC".
#4 Sep 24 2010 at 5:35 PM Rating: Good
*
96 posts
Valtrex wrote:
Remidi wrote:
WoW implemented many things because it was the best way to go about doing things in a MMO on the PC.

Edited, Sep 24th 2010 7:19pm by Remidi



Oh how boring a world it would be. In years past, horses were the best way to travel too. Then cars came along. The only way to find things better than what we currently have, is to experiment with things that are DIFFERENT. If everyone copied WoW (Which copied most things from other games itself) we would never see anything new. Is FFXIV's current interface better than WoWs? Some might say yes, some might say no. But what it is, is definitely something different. FFXIV has room to improve it's UI, and who knows, maybe we'll end up with a new "best way to go about doing things in an MMO on the PC".
Yet, 100 years after the death of the horse and buggy, we still rate things in "horse power".... The UI is crap, the lag is horrendous and if you want to bring things back to basics, where is the town crier that tells us where we can get what we are looking for? All you SE fanbois that just accept whatever **** is forced down your throats need to shut up now. The big boys are talking and it's tiresome smacking you back into your hole when things actually need to be fixed.
#5 Sep 24 2010 at 5:37 PM Rating: Good
*
83 posts
Valtrex wrote:
Remidi wrote:
WoW implemented many things because it was the best way to go about doing things in a MMO on the PC.

Edited, Sep 24th 2010 7:19pm by Remidi



Oh how boring a world it would be. In years past, horses were the best way to travel too. Then cars came along. The only way to find things better than what we currently have, is to experiment with things that are DIFFERENT. If everyone copied WoW (Which copied most things from other games itself) we would never see anything new. Is FFXIV's current interface better than WoWs? Some might say yes, some might say no. But what it is, is definitely something different. FFXIV has room to improve it's UI, and who knows, maybe we'll end up with a new "best way to go about doing things in an MMO on the PC".



If I said any other game but WoW, you would have said nothing.
#6 Sep 24 2010 at 5:44 PM Rating: Decent
23 posts
Wow, the haters on this forum must be really bored with everyone playing FFXIV now. I guess I'll go back to playing FFXIV, which I am enjoying very much. Have fun surfing the forums, because there will never be a game you truly enjoy. Sometimes you have to play the game the developers create, rather than expect the developers to create a game for you. My willingness to adapt allows me to have fun playing games, while you sit here and get angry on forums.
#7 Sep 24 2010 at 5:45 PM Rating: Decent
*
83 posts
Valtrex wrote:
Wow, the haters on this forum must be really bored with everyone playing FFXIV now. I guess I'll go back to playing FFXIV, which I am enjoying very much. Have fun surfing the forums, because there will never be a game you truly enjoy. Sometimes you have to play the game the developers create, rather than expect the developers to create a game for you. My willingness to adapt allows me to have fun playing games, while you sit here and get angry on forums.



Ummm what? You are the one hating.
We can play and type on the forums. Its called PC gaming.
#8 Sep 24 2010 at 5:49 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Remidi wrote:
We can play and type on the forums. Its called PC gaming.
Not if you fullscreen FFXIV, lol.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#9 Sep 24 2010 at 5:50 PM Rating: Decent
*
83 posts
bsphil wrote:
Remidi wrote:
We can play and type on the forums. Its called PC gaming.
Not if you fullscreen FFXIV, lol.


LOL
#10 Sep 24 2010 at 5:53 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Remidi the fanboy wrote:
WoW implemented many things because it was the best way to go about doing things in a MMO on the PC.


Pot. Meet kettle.

Remidi wrote:
If you think searching through all those retainers is fun.....
Having to hit enter as a confirmation is fun....(Play a caster, you will see how horrible this is)
No chat channels or communication.......
I'm sorry but using a gamepad on a PC is a step backwards for me, and I can say the same for most hardcore PC gamers.


Searching through retainers - should be fixed.
Having to hit enter to confirm spells - should be fixed.
Chat channels/communication - It's fine the way it is. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Gamepad - I don't use a gamepad and I'm not having any problems. Don't use a gamepad.

I don't see what any of that has to do with WoW at all, except for maybe the "I need general chat or else I can't possibly have fun in this game" thing.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#11Remidi, Posted: Sep 24 2010 at 5:54 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Wow...just wow.
#12 Sep 24 2010 at 5:56 PM Rating: Decent
*
96 posts
Valtrex wrote:
Wow, the haters on this forum must be really bored with everyone playing FFXIV now. I guess I'll go back to playing FFXIV, which I am enjoying very much. Have fun surfing the forums, because there will never be a game you truly enjoy. Sometimes you have to play the game the developers create, rather than expect the developers to create a game for you. My willingness to adapt allows me to have fun playing games, while you sit here and get angry on forums.
I got my PS3 controller plugged in so I get to avoid the KB interface other than typing, and I have 4 PCs on my desk so I can play in fullscreen mode and chat in the forums on another PC. Most can't though, and I feel their pain. So I post my opinion and I have to say, most will agree with what I say about FFXIV right now. Am I going to quit because of it? No. But I would love the ability to at one point once again place the keyboard in my lap like I did for FFXI lean back and only need to move when I need more beer. That is my goal for all MMOs I play. The ability to lean back, and drink beer with a KB in my lap and that is all I need. Worked with EVE, worked with FFXI. FFXIV though, I need some help with the options. I need them to unlock some keys and I need them to either make their alt-tab better or allow 3rd party to just be. FFXIV is basically the new FFXI. Why they have taken so many steps backwards for the launch of this game I have no idea. But we need to speak up now and get them to pay attention fast.
#13 Sep 24 2010 at 5:57 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Remidi wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Remidi the fanboy wrote:
WoW implemented many things because it was the best way to go about doing things in a MMO on the PC.


Pot. Meet kettle.

Remidi wrote:
If you think searching through all those retainers is fun.....
Having to hit enter as a confirmation is fun....(Play a caster, you will see how horrible this is)
No chat channels or communication.......
I'm sorry but using a gamepad on a PC is a step backwards for me, and I can say the same for most hardcore PC gamers.


Searching through retainers - should be fixed.
Having to hit enter to confirm spells - should be fixed.
Chat channels/communication - It's fine the way it is. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Gamepad - I don't use a gamepad and I'm not having any problems. Don't use a gamepad.

I don't see what any of that has to do with WoW at all, except for maybe the "I need general chat or else I can't possibly have fun in this game" thing.


Wow...just wow.


I called you out on being a fanboy, then said you had some valid points. Sorry if I blew your mind there or something.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#14Remidi, Posted: Sep 24 2010 at 6:00 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Your opinions are worthless imo. You cant even spec your tank correctly in WoW. You fail at WoW, you will fail more at this probably.
#15 Sep 24 2010 at 6:04 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Remidi wrote:
Your opinions are worthless imo. You cant even spec your tank correctly in WoW. You fail at WoW, you will fail more at this probably.


Remidi, and Reminald on Cenarius will help you learn how to spec. If I am in my tank set.

Edited, Sep 24th 2010 8:01pm by Remidi


Um... I quit WoW months ago, so I really don't care about my tank spec from a game I haven't played and do not plan to play again.

I also am unsure what my tank spec has to do with my opinion, why you care what my specs are, why you think they make any points relevant to this discussion for you, or why you think I would give a **** about the opinions of people I've never heard of on a server I never played on on a game I never plan to play again.

I told you you didn't have any arguments. You've went from calling me a fanboy because I don't have a WoW-***** like you, to saying that my opinions are worthless because when I last played WoW half a year ago, I was using a spec that you don't like right now?

Seriously?
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#16Remidi, Posted: Sep 24 2010 at 6:10 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I called you a fanboy for defending FFXIV, when someone was stating valid points. You just dont want to hear someone talking negative about FFXIV because it hurts you. Hence fanboy. I brought up your tank, because if you don't know what you are doing in that game, you are gonna fail here. You spent enough time on your toons to get gems n such, so at one point you did care, but failed. Off to get tea, and play more FFXIV. I hope SE does not listen to people like you.
#17 Sep 24 2010 at 6:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
764 posts
Quote:
called you a fanboy for defending FFXIV, when someone was stating valid points. You just dont want to hear someone talking negative about FFXIV because it hurts you. Hence fanboy.


LMAO so defending FFXIV is auto-fanboyism? He even half agreed with what you said, and half disagreed with another part of it, even that is fanboy? Your points aren't the only valid points, your opinions aren't facts. I too, agree with part of your initial post and not the rest of it...so am I a fanboy too now?
____________________________


#18Remidi, Posted: Sep 24 2010 at 6:14 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Girl needs to get dressed I want my tea!!
#19 Sep 24 2010 at 6:17 PM Rating: Excellent
It's Just a Flesh Wound
******
22,699 posts
Rally ho! Apparently agreeing with someone partially means you're a fanboy who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Nothing you said had anything to do with WoW.
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#20 Sep 24 2010 at 6:17 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Remidi the Fanboy wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Remidi wrote:
Your opinions are worthless imo. You cant even spec your tank correctly in WoW. You fail at WoW, you will fail more at this probably.


Remidi, and Reminald on Cenarius will help you learn how to spec. If I am in my tank set.

Edited, Sep 24th 2010 8:01pm by Remidi


Um... I quit WoW months ago, so I really don't care about my tank spec from a game I haven't played and do not plan to play again.

I also am unsure what my tank spec has to do with my opinion, why you care what my specs are, why you think they make any points relevant to this discussion for you, or why you think I would give a sh*t about the opinions of people I've never heard of on a server I never played on on a game I never plan to play again.

I told you you didn't have any arguments. You've went from calling me a fanboy because I don't have a WoW-***** like you, to saying that my opinions are worthless because when I last played WoW half a year ago, I was using a spec that you don't like right now?

Seriously?

I called you a fanboy for defending FFXIV, when someone was stating valid points. You just dont want to hear someone talking negative about FFXIV because it hurts you. Hence fanboy. I brought up your tank, because if you don't know what you are doing in that game, you are gonna fail here. You spent enough time on your toons to get gems n such, so at one point you did care, but failed. Off to get tea, and play more FFXIV. I hope SE does not listen to people like you.


So, having an opinion that disagrees with yours = fanboy? Trying to wrap my mind around how your twisted logic works here.

Someone made some points. I disagreed with them. Protip: Disagreeing with someone does not a fanboy make. Bringing up a tank spec in WoW, as if it was relevant to anything FFXIV related... little fanboyish there.

How can you even claim to have anything resembling an objective opinion when you can't go two posts without mentioning WoW? Seriously, I've looked at your posts and you mention WoW at every opportunity you get. Even when you didn't HAVE an opportunity, you decided to nitpick something WoW related and totally irrelevant to the conversation at hand, JUST SO THAT YOU COULD TALK ABOUT WOW. And -I'm- the fanboy? You need a mirror.

Not that it's relevant but my tank... Never mind, it's not relevant. I'm not derailing this topic to have a discussion with you on the finer points of tanking in a game I don't care about, even if it is one that you do seem to love so dearly. If you like WoW so much, I'll tell you a game that's exactly like WoW: WoW! Go play it.

I stopped playing WoW because I didn't like WoW. I'm playing FFXIV and enjoying it.

You even MADE A NEW TOPIC about how you allegedly don't want a WoW clone and yet, as I've pointed out, you can't go ten seconds without talking about SOMETHING WoW related.

It is said that one should not point out the splinter in your brother's eye when you have a plank in your own. You're far more of a fanboy for WoW than anything I could ever hope to be for anything.

Go on, search the forum and look up some of my posts and you'll find some tauting the good parts of XIV and some decrying the bad. I don't like the payment system. I don't like the lack of an AH. I don't like that crafting isn't more intuitive. I do, however, feel that the combat is fine, the interface is fine, the chat is fine...

But I guess any opinion that doesn't involve giving this game a feature that your precious little "best game ever" has makes me a fanboy, eh?
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#21 Sep 24 2010 at 6:19 PM Rating: Default
*
83 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Remidi the Fanboy wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Remidi wrote:
Your opinions are worthless imo. You cant even spec your tank correctly in WoW. You fail at WoW, you will fail more at this probably.


Remidi, and Reminald on Cenarius will help you learn how to spec. If I am in my tank set.

Edited, Sep 24th 2010 8:01pm by Remidi


Um... I quit WoW months ago, so I really don't care about my tank spec from a game I haven't played and do not plan to play again.

I also am unsure what my tank spec has to do with my opinion, why you care what my specs are, why you think they make any points relevant to this discussion for you, or why you think I would give a sh*t about the opinions of people I've never heard of on a server I never played on on a game I never plan to play again.

I told you you didn't have any arguments. You've went from calling me a fanboy because I don't have a WoW-***** like you, to saying that my opinions are worthless because when I last played WoW half a year ago, I was using a spec that you don't like right now?

Seriously?

I called you a fanboy for defending FFXIV, when someone was stating valid points. You just dont want to hear someone talking negative about FFXIV because it hurts you. Hence fanboy. I brought up your tank, because if you don't know what you are doing in that game, you are gonna fail here. You spent enough time on your toons to get gems n such, so at one point you did care, but failed. Off to get tea, and play more FFXIV. I hope SE does not listen to people like you.


So, having an opinion that disagrees with yours = fanboy? Trying to wrap my mind around how your twisted logic works here.

Someone made some points. I disagreed with them. Protip: Disagreeing with someone does not a fanboy make. Bringing up a tank spec in WoW, as if it was relevant to anything FFXIV related... little fanboyish there.

How can you even claim to have anything resembling an objective opinion when you can't go two posts without mentioning WoW? Seriously, I've looked at your posts and you mention WoW at every opportunity you get. Even when you didn't HAVE an opportunity, you decided to nitpick something WoW related and totally irrelevant to the conversation at hand, JUST SO THAT YOU COULD TALK ABOUT WOW. And -I'm- the fanboy? You need a mirror.

Not that it's relevant but my tank... Never mind, it's not relevant. I'm not derailing this topic to have a discussion with you on the finer points of tanking in a game I don't care about, even if it is one that you do seem to love so dearly. If you like WoW so much, I'll tell you a game that's exactly like WoW: WoW! Go play it.

I stopped playing WoW because I didn't like WoW. I'm playing FFXIV and enjoying it.

You even MADE A NEW TOPIC about how you allegedly don't want a WoW clone and yet, as I've pointed out, you can't go ten seconds without talking about SOMETHING WoW related.

It is said that one should not point out the splinter in your brother's eye when you have a plank in your own. You're far more of a fanboy for WoW than anything I could ever hope to be for anything.

Go on, search the forum and look up some of my posts and you'll find some tauting the good parts of XIV and some decrying the bad. I don't like the payment system. I don't like the lack of an AH. I don't like that crafting isn't more intuitive. I do, however, feel that the combat is fine, the interface is fine, the chat is fine...

But I guess any opinion that doesn't involve giving this game a feature that your precious little "best game ever" has makes me a fanboy, eh?



Interface, chat, combat....all are broken. What game are you playing? This is why I called you a fanboy. What you listed is so dumb for a PC game, that I cannot believe it was implemented as such. Its not a opinion....its a fact.

There is no way SE is going to leave it the way it is. Everyone will quit.

Edited, Sep 24th 2010 8:20pm by Remidi
#22 Sep 24 2010 at 6:20 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Remidi wrote:
I called you a fanboy for defending FFXIV, when someone was stating valid points. You just dont want to hear someone talking negative about FFXIV because it hurts you. Hence fanboy. I brought up your tank, because if you don't know what you are doing in that game, you are gonna fail here. You spent enough time on your toons to get gems n such, so at one point you did care, but failed. Off to get tea, and play more FFXIV. I hope SE does not listen to people like you.
You're not helping. I even agreed with your original point but you're making it so much harder to with each new post you make.

Edited, Sep 24th 2010 7:20pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#23 Sep 24 2010 at 6:22 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,842 posts
/rolleyes

Really? You need to look in mirror before calling people fanboys. First of all WoW isn't the "best" way to do things, it's a way. There are tons of different approaches to the same problem if you know how to think outside the box. Also this is a FFXIV forum so people are suppose to like the game and not blast everything thing about to be "cool". Nobody here doesn't disagree FFXIV has room for improvement like the current economy system. Also using a gamepad on a PC is just how the game was designed, cross platform instead of PC only.
____________________________
FFXIV Dyvid (Awaiting 2.0)
FFXI Dyvid ~ Pandemonium (Retired)
SWTOR Dy'vid Legacy - Canderous Ordo
#24Remidi, Posted: Sep 24 2010 at 6:24 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) **** buddies unite. Done with this forum enjoy.
#25 Sep 24 2010 at 6:26 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Remidi the Fanboy wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Remidi the Fanboy wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
Remidi wrote:
Your opinions are worthless imo. You cant even spec your tank correctly in WoW. You fail at WoW, you will fail more at this probably.


Remidi, and Reminald on Cenarius will help you learn how to spec. If I am in my tank set.

Edited, Sep 24th 2010 8:01pm by Remidi


Um... I quit WoW months ago, so I really don't care about my tank spec from a game I haven't played and do not plan to play again.

I also am unsure what my tank spec has to do with my opinion, why you care what my specs are, why you think they make any points relevant to this discussion for you, or why you think I would give a sh*t about the opinions of people I've never heard of on a server I never played on on a game I never plan to play again.

I told you you didn't have any arguments. You've went from calling me a fanboy because I don't have a WoW-***** like you, to saying that my opinions are worthless because when I last played WoW half a year ago, I was using a spec that you don't like right now?

Seriously?

I called you a fanboy for defending FFXIV, when someone was stating valid points. You just dont want to hear someone talking negative about FFXIV because it hurts you. Hence fanboy. I brought up your tank, because if you don't know what you are doing in that game, you are gonna fail here. You spent enough time on your toons to get gems n such, so at one point you did care, but failed. Off to get tea, and play more FFXIV. I hope SE does not listen to people like you.


So, having an opinion that disagrees with yours = fanboy? Trying to wrap my mind around how your twisted logic works here.

Someone made some points. I disagreed with them. Protip: Disagreeing with someone does not a fanboy make. Bringing up a tank spec in WoW, as if it was relevant to anything FFXIV related... little fanboyish there.

How can you even claim to have anything resembling an objective opinion when you can't go two posts without mentioning WoW? Seriously, I've looked at your posts and you mention WoW at every opportunity you get. Even when you didn't HAVE an opportunity, you decided to nitpick something WoW related and totally irrelevant to the conversation at hand, JUST SO THAT YOU COULD TALK ABOUT WOW. And -I'm- the fanboy? You need a mirror.

Not that it's relevant but my tank... Never mind, it's not relevant. I'm not derailing this topic to have a discussion with you on the finer points of tanking in a game I don't care about, even if it is one that you do seem to love so dearly. If you like WoW so much, I'll tell you a game that's exactly like WoW: WoW! Go play it.

I stopped playing WoW because I didn't like WoW. I'm playing FFXIV and enjoying it.

You even MADE A NEW TOPIC about how you allegedly don't want a WoW clone and yet, as I've pointed out, you can't go ten seconds without talking about SOMETHING WoW related.

It is said that one should not point out the splinter in your brother's eye when you have a plank in your own. You're far more of a fanboy for WoW than anything I could ever hope to be for anything.

Go on, search the forum and look up some of my posts and you'll find some tauting the good parts of XIV and some decrying the bad. I don't like the payment system. I don't like the lack of an AH. I don't like that crafting isn't more intuitive. I do, however, feel that the combat is fine, the interface is fine, the chat is fine...

But I guess any opinion that doesn't involve giving this game a feature that your precious little "best game ever" has makes me a fanboy, eh?



Interface, chat, combat....all are broken. What game are you playing? This is why I called you a fanboy. What you listed is so dumb for a PC game, that I cannot believe it was implemented as such. Its not a opinion....its a fact.

There is no way SE is going to leave it the way it is. Everyone will quit.

Edited, Sep 24th 2010 8:20pm by Remidi


...or they won't.

I think the interface could use a little work, sure. Chat is fine. Combat is a little laggy if you're near a lot of people at once. Sometimes I get some weird bugs, like the ability to use haymaker back to back without dodging, or the inability to attack my own target because it says it's claimed. I'm sure they'll fix the latter. Dunno if they'll fix the first one. Second one doesn't really need fixing; there's nothign wrong with chat, aside from a lack of an /lsmes.

I'm sure some people will leave because it's not what they're looking for. And that's fine. I don't care if FFXIV appeals to everyone. As long as it appeals to enough people to pay the bills to keep the servers running and the updates coming, any players beyond that are surplus. And you know how SE feels about surplus.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#26 Sep 24 2010 at 6:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
764 posts
Quote:
Interface, chat, combat....all are broken. What game are you playing? This is why I called you a fanboy. What you listed is so dumb for a PC game, that I cannot believe it was implemented as such. Its not a opinion....its a fact.


Interface needs work.

Whats broken in combat? What level are you? Are you trying to fully utilize movement skills and debuffs?

Whats broken with chat?

All your saying is "You disagree with me and I feel its broken, therefor your a fanboy and mean nothing" If its that simple, then doesn't it go backwards too? "You disagree with me and I think its fine, there your a fanboy and mean nothing". If all your going to do is accuse people of being fanboy instead of COUNTERING their points not only willy you not make sense, but the conversation will move nowhere. At least state your reasons why you think they are wrong instead of simply attempting to decry them as Wrong. End of story.
____________________________


#27 Sep 24 2010 at 6:28 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Remidi the Fanboy wrote:
dyvidd wrote:
/rolleyes

Really? You need to look in mirror before calling people fanboys. First of all WoW isn't the "best" way to do things, it's a way. There are tons of different approaches to the same problem if you know how to think outside the box. Also this is a FFXIV forum so people are suppose to like the game and not blast everything thing about to be "cool". Nobody here doesn't disagree FFXIV has room for improvement like the current economy system. Also using a gamepad on a PC is just how the game was designed, cross platform instead of PC only.



**** buddies unite. Done with this forum enjoy.


Somehow I doubt it. People like you say they're going away, and people like us can hope, but I've been around long enough to know that statistically speaking, you saying you're leaving means you aren't, because people like you always feel like they need to get the last word in on a forum you're new to.

I'm cool if you wanna prove me wrong on this one though.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#28 Sep 24 2010 at 6:34 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
746 posts
You know what I wish games would copy from WoW? The smooth controls. It's so fluid that I feel like I have complete control over my character. In FFXIV it feels like I'm simply guiding someone.

I also haven't seen a game not have an option to craft more than one thing at a time since Everquest, and even they eventually added the ability to do it. While on the subject of Everquest, even their "retainer" system had a search feature (in 2000...).

I understand the game is new, but there's no excuse for being so proud as to not learn from the mistakes of others. I love the concept of this game, and I'm sure it will be a lot better in 6 months, but right now it's almost criminal for it to be on the market.
#29 Sep 24 2010 at 6:37 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
764 posts
Quote:
I also haven't seen a game not have an option to craft more than one thing at a time since Everquest, and even they eventually added the ability to do it. While on the subject of Everquest, even their "retainer" system had a search feature (in 2000...).


This and inv sort are my largest problems with the game right now, and the retainer thing is a critical issue that needs fixing and fast. For a game that hinges on its craft economy, we need ease of trading with other crafters.
____________________________


#30 Sep 24 2010 at 6:39 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
22 posts
This thread started out pretty decently, but it is now a half hearted flame war.

I am of the opinion that FFXIV needs an auction house in order to normalize purchases. Sorting through retainers and bazaars is not a way to go about business (however, the seeking function is quite cool)

I agree that crafting/spellcasting needs to have a few less confirmation with enter (ie streamlining) and SE will probably update this some time in the future.

Chat channels are necessary if they do not implement an auction house. If they do implement one general chat channels become redundant.

My 2 cents anyway. I have faith that the game will continue to improve. (and it is pretty **** good as of now)
#31 Sep 24 2010 at 6:42 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
MediumOgre wrote:
This thread started out pretty decently, but it is now a half hearted flame war.


You saying there's something wrong with my flaming? Smiley: motz

MediumOgre wrote:
I am of the opinion that FFXIV needs an auction house in order to normalize purchases. Sorting through retainers and bazaars is not a way to go about business (however, the seeking function is quite cool)

I agree that crafting/spellcasting needs to have a few less confirmation with enter (ie streamlining) and SE will probably update this some time in the future.

Chat channels are necessary if they do not implement an auction house. If they do implement one general chat channels become redundant.

My 2 cents anyway. I have faith that the game will continue to improve. (and it is pretty **** good as of now)


I'd prefer an AH. If I can't have an AH, I'd live with just retainer searches, and then having to go hunt them down. Trade chat would just be a spammy mess.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#32 Sep 24 2010 at 6:51 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Nobody here wants a WoW close, we all want a FFXI clone!

Maybe just me?
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#33 Sep 24 2010 at 6:56 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Nobody here wants a WoW close, we all want a FFXI clone!

Maybe just me?


I'd love a FFXI clone but I accept that my opinion in that regard is not necessarily the majority one, and that by my own logic, if I wanted a FFXI clone, I should just go play FFXI.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#34 Sep 24 2010 at 7:02 PM Rating: Good
**
305 posts
Quote:

Oh how boring a world it would be. In years past, horses were the best way to travel too. Then cars came along. The only way to find things better than what we currently have, is to experiment with things that are DIFFERENT. If everyone copied WoW (Which copied most things from other games itself) we would never see anything new. Is FFXIV's current interface better than WoWs? Some might say yes, some might say no. But what it is, is definitely something different. FFXIV has room to improve it's UI, and who knows, maybe we'll end up with a new "best way to go about doing things in an MMO on the PC".


Quote newton:

Quote:
...If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants.



In other words: innovate, but take lessons learned in the past into consideration.

No one wants a wow clone (which really, what is the definition of a wow clone? i hear it tossed around so much, yet i fail to get a pin pointed definition of it. Granted, **** near every feature of wow is considered "wow only" up to an including the action bar for some people.), people want proven features to be included and hopefully improved upon.

We are not talking about going from horses to automotives. To compare that progression to what squareenix is doing is pretty inaccurate really. They are not redefining the genre, reinventing mindsets of gameplay. What they are doing is more akin to Manumatic transmission, sorta.

Anyway, any arguement against fluff features which improve gameplay and user enjoyment is a shortsighted arguement. These are games, clunkiness or user frustration are not endearing features and should not be defended.

Do you have a menu driven interface? Ok, stream line it and give the options for your users to keybind individual menu items.

____________________________


#35 Sep 24 2010 at 7:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Also, most things WoW implimented have been done in other games first. FFXI had an auction house before WoW was made. Does that make WoW a FFFXI clone? ;)

I totally agree with the OP and was going to post something similar as a reply. The fact is all games borrow some things from other games. They do the things they think they have a new great idea for, and the ones they don't, they do the standard way, and that's ok!


Also I'm confused by this argument, it seems like people are taking the same side and then yelling at each other, aren't you guys supposed to take different sides? :(

Edited, Sep 24th 2010 6:13pm by digitalcraft
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#36 Sep 24 2010 at 7:13 PM Rating: Decent
30 posts
AMEN!
#37 Sep 24 2010 at 7:20 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
digitalcraft, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Also I'm confused by this argument, it seems like people are taking the same side and then yelling at each other, aren't you guys supposed to take different sides? :(


You're absolutely right. How dare you say that? I totally agree with you, and you better take that back, right now.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)