Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
This Forum is Read Only

Regarding Heal Exploit, - OFFICIALFollow

#1 Sep 27 2010 at 4:45 AM Rating: Excellent
*
50 posts
Quote:
We have confirmed an issue where players may be able to obtain abnormal amount of skill points while fighting in a party as Conjurer or Thaumaturge. The issue is currently being addressed.

Also we would like to remind that repeating this method intentionally to obtain abnormal amount of skill point is considered as fraudulent behavior. With players who have abused this method, an investigation shall be made and their account may be suspended in case we determine it to be malignant. The investigation is expected to take a while until the completion. For those of you who have abused this method, please report yourself through GM Call. By reporting yourself in, GM will correct the amount of skill point you have gained and the penalty to your account will be exempted.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.


http://support.na.square-enix.com/news.php?id=902&la=1&n=2&drt=1285522200&tag=d4f18417af151c0e2ae87ad859a58df0c719ee44

Quick action by SE, good job!
#2 Sep 27 2010 at 4:47 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
85 posts
Great news, I think SE have handled this perfectly. They've not only resulted in harsh action, but have the players who exploited the bug to come clean. +1 for the news, great stuff.
#3 Sep 27 2010 at 4:47 AM Rating: Default
*
95 posts
I also guarantee that whoever thinks they can get away with it will find themselves banned. Same issues in FFXI, many banned accounts.
#4 Sep 27 2010 at 4:48 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
811 posts
I personally don't think it's right to suspend accounts for this.
How can you blame the playerbase for using a system that is available to them?
A rollback for the people who abused the system is enough.
#5 Sep 27 2010 at 4:52 AM Rating: Decent
*
95 posts
ShonaSeraph wrote:
I personally don't think it's right to suspend accounts for this.
How can you blame the playerbase for using a system that is available to them?
A rollback for the people who abused the system is enough.


Can't rollback individual characters without doing it for whole server, unless they do it 1 by 1 through database manipulation and it would take too long. They are not blaming the player base for using a system, they are blaming them for exploiting it. They are giving the players a chance to report it themselves so the situation can be resolved immediately instead of finding themselves permanently banned 3 weeks later. It's not even a week yet, so everyone has a fair chance to just report it in and get it fixed.
#6 Sep 27 2010 at 4:53 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
802 posts
ShonaSeraph wrote:
I personally don't think it's right to suspend accounts for this.
How can you blame the playerbase for using a system that is available to them?
A rollback for the people who abused the system is enough.


Dude really hate to say this, but its "still their game" to control. (>...>
____________________________


#7 Sep 27 2010 at 4:59 AM Rating: Excellent
*
73 posts
I find this awsome news, and an awesome and fair way to deal with the situation. What I can't understand though is people screaming: "This is too harsh on the poor players!"

Using common sense (ack, not available everywhere), one should know it will have consequences to abuse something that obviously isn't working as intended, and that punishment is to follow. If ya think it's okay to do so anyway, and expect to get away with it...well yea, ya'll see soon enough what happens. It's their game and we're still playing by their rules, not by our sometimes odd opinions about what's right to do and what's not.

Thanks SE, totally thumbs up for this!
____________________________
FFXI: Rynaria - Mithra on Kujata [retired]
FFXIV: Fancia Dragonkeeper - Miqo'te on Besaid
#8 Sep 27 2010 at 5:00 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
751 posts
Didnt take them very long to address this issue.

ANd knowing what people got banned for in FFXI, if I had used this I would very quickly be reporting myself to avoid perma-ban.
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#9 Sep 27 2010 at 5:03 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,120 posts
So I'm only doing DoMs for fighting thus far, mostly I've been crafting. Got THM13 & CON12...did some healing in leves the past couple days. Do I contact the GM to see if some of my exp was from the exploit? lol

I don't think I did, but if there's a penalty of suspension & such involved I may try to check just in case...
____________________________

#10 Sep 27 2010 at 5:03 AM Rating: Good
**
322 posts
-20 levels for them, yes please.
#11 Sep 27 2010 at 5:04 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
49 posts
The people who are saying its too harsh or not fair or trying to justify it with the fact that its "SE's fault for having it in game" are chance to be the people who used the exploit.

like already said, you should expect to be caught out doing stuff like this..
i personally think theyve handled this VERY well and the chance to come clean and get the penalty taken away for being a bigger man and saying "yea i took the ****" is very good of them..

would hate to be a GM right now tho because there going to be busy lol
____________________________


#12 Sep 27 2010 at 5:05 AM Rating: Good
**
322 posts
Remember Salvage exploit bans? lulz.
#13 Sep 27 2010 at 5:06 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
751 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
So I'm only doing DoMs for fighting thus far, mostly I've been crafting. Got THM13 & CON12...did some healing in leves the past couple days. Do I contact the GM to see if some of my exp was from the exploit? lol

I don't think I did, but if there's a penalty of suspension & such involved I may try to check just in case...


As someone posted earlier, if you dont know you are doing it - then you probably aren't. It is only an exploit if you are deliberately exploiting.
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#14 Sep 27 2010 at 5:07 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
691 posts
In short, SE is being the good father, and instead of just beating the living daylights out of their proverbial children for misbehaving, they're giving them a chance to admit to what they did.

Still, they're going to shoot (ban) anyone who doesn't admit to it that did abuse this bug, and they will be keeping a very close eye on those who did abuse it, because those are the same people who generally get involved in other "fraudulent activities."

So, if you abused this bug and do report yourself, consider yourself on SE's spycam (ingame). If you did abuse it and do not admit to it, consider yourself as good as banned. Glad I didn't even level Thaum or Conj yet...
#15 Sep 27 2010 at 5:07 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
811 posts
RaidonFF14 wrote:
The people who are saying its too harsh or not fair or trying to justify it with the fact that its "SE's fault for having it in game" are chance to be the people who used the exploit.

like already said, you should expect to be caught out doing stuff like this..
i personally think theyve handled this VERY well and the chance to come clean and get the penalty taken away for being a bigger man and saying "yea i took the ****" is very good of them..

would hate to be a GM right now tho because there going to be busy lol


The problem is... some people would have no idea they are doing anything wrong...

The same people very likely won't go around reading forums checking for possible issues with xp systems.

Random person logs in one day and their account is banned and they have no idea why.

#16 Sep 27 2010 at 5:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,246 posts
Call a GM, we wont ban you...we promise...

It's like when the police tell someone holding a hostage that they wont be in trouble if they free them.
____________________________
Meowth!
#17 Sep 27 2010 at 5:12 AM Rating: Good
*
95 posts
ShonaSeraph wrote:
RaidonFF14 wrote:
The people who are saying its too harsh or not fair or trying to justify it with the fact that its "SE's fault for having it in game" are chance to be the people who used the exploit.

like already said, you should expect to be caught out doing stuff like this..
i personally think theyve handled this VERY well and the chance to come clean and get the penalty taken away for being a bigger man and saying "yea i took the ****" is very good of them..

would hate to be a GM right now tho because there going to be busy lol


The problem is... some people would have no idea they are doing anything wrong...

The same people very likely won't go around reading forums checking for possible issues with xp systems.

Random person logs in one day and their account is banned and they have no idea why.



Supposedly, based on rumors, the exploit allows a person to dramatically increase their rank in a short amount of time. In my opinion, if you are rank 20, 30, or 40 and have a physical level of under 10.... something is wrong.

Generally, a person who is not exploiting, should have a rank that is close to their physical level. However, in my case, my physical level is 2x higher than all my ranks since I've leveled just about every class except thm/conj.

Edited, Sep 27th 2010 7:13am by Tenkuro
#18 Sep 27 2010 at 5:13 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
691 posts
ShonaSeraph wrote:
RaidonFF14 wrote:
The people who are saying its too harsh or not fair or trying to justify it with the fact that its "SE's fault for having it in game" are chance to be the people who used the exploit.

like already said, you should expect to be caught out doing stuff like this..
i personally think theyve handled this VERY well and the chance to come clean and get the penalty taken away for being a bigger man and saying "yea i took the ****" is very good of them..

would hate to be a GM right now tho because there going to be busy lol


The problem is... some people would have no idea they are doing anything wrong...

The same people very likely won't go around reading forums checking for possible issues with xp systems.

Random person logs in one day and their account is banned and they have no idea why.



Chances are that official info like this will be quite readily available to anyone who does more than mindlessly grind all day. Hopefully they'll have it as a login message or something though, as that would take away the last of the exploiters' excuses.
#19 Sep 27 2010 at 5:14 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
811 posts
Tenkuro wrote:
ShonaSeraph wrote:
RaidonFF14 wrote:
The people who are saying its too harsh or not fair or trying to justify it with the fact that its "SE's fault for having it in game" are chance to be the people who used the exploit.

like already said, you should expect to be caught out doing stuff like this..
i personally think theyve handled this VERY well and the chance to come clean and get the penalty taken away for being a bigger man and saying "yea i took the ****" is very good of them..

would hate to be a GM right now tho because there going to be busy lol


The problem is... some people would have no idea they are doing anything wrong...

The same people very likely won't go around reading forums checking for possible issues with xp systems.

Random person logs in one day and their account is banned and they have no idea why.



Supposedly, based on rumors, the exploit allows a person to dramatically increase their rank in a short amount of time. In my opinion, if you are rank 20, 30, or 40 and have a physical level of under 10.... something is wrong.


To you or me, yes it seems flawed.
To someone who didn't play beta, and doesn't read forums (which is the majority of people), this could be 'working as intended'.
#20 Sep 27 2010 at 5:14 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
HallieXIV wrote:
TwistedOwl wrote:
So I'm only doing DoMs for fighting thus far, mostly I've been crafting. Got THM13 & CON12...did some healing in leves the past couple days. Do I contact the GM to see if some of my exp was from the exploit? lol

I don't think I did, but if there's a penalty of suspension & such involved I may try to check just in case...


As someone posted earlier, if you dont know you are doing it - then you probably aren't. It is only an exploit if you are deliberately exploiting.


Yeah it's pretty obvious I'm not trying to do that exploit...got a good 22 physical to go with that highest class of 13THM...been spreading it out. Just paranoid of SEs potential to penalize some of the innocent people along with the real exploiters...
____________________________

#21 Sep 27 2010 at 5:17 AM Rating: Decent
24 posts
^^^What he said^^^^
#22 Sep 27 2010 at 5:17 AM Rating: Default
**
409 posts
I think it's pretty obvious to SE who's "innocent" and who was just exploiting. Like one of the player profiles yesterday, the person was physical level 20, CON 29 and he had 2 or 3 crafting jobs 10+. There should be absolutely NO WAY you could ever do that without an exploit.
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#23 Sep 27 2010 at 5:18 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
691 posts
ShonaSeraph wrote:


To you or me, yes it seems flawed.
To someone who didn't play beta, and doesn't read forums (which is the majority of people), this could be 'working as intended'.


Yep, just like the salvage exploit was "working as intended."
Just like Wizbot was "working as intended."
Just like all the many windower hacks, cheats, and so forth were "working as intended."
And just like RMT is "working as intended."

Point is, they likely found out about the exploit somewhere, and common sense would tell anyone that you aren't meant to cast the same spell 9001 times in a row without fighting back against enemies.
#24 Sep 27 2010 at 5:19 AM Rating: Default
****
4,153 posts
I wouldn't really fault the players on this one. If anything SE is equally to blame for implementing the system to work this way. By their system you increase your class rank by gaining skill points for using your abilities.

Hmmm, so you say I will get increased points if I am doing a leve under the effects of guardian? I have a 30 minute time limit per leve? It's really not hard to see why people were taking advantage of the way this system works. It begs to be used to its potential and the players involved saw it for what it was. Spend the entire time spamming abilities instead of 2 shotting everything in sight. Anyone with half a brain could figure out how to make the best of it. This was brought up in feedback for the closed beta as well and still made it through...
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#25 Sep 27 2010 at 5:19 AM Rating: Default
uhmm it is not Thier game to exploit. Read the license agreement.
The game BELONGS to Square.
So if you exploit then yes. they can discontinue your account.
And besides. are you that much of a low life to see an easy out and just take it ?
Really? Wow wouldnt give any exploiter a job in RL. your heads not screwed on straight as a human being. I mean true colors and all that.
Actaully. To be a person of low moral in general .. I mean those who will or may get banned for exploiting will actaully be angry and feel they deserve a second chance. Think about the total mindset. Laughable.
#26 Sep 27 2010 at 5:20 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
742 posts
I'm actually a little surprised at the level of action taken. I know many people were comparing it to FFXI's Salvage exploit and talking about how many players go banned for it, but to me this seemed less like the Salvage exploit and more like Summoner/Astral Burns in FFXI, which no one has been banned for, and no one has had to report to a GM to have their level corrected. It's not manipulating a system to get drops, it's manipulating a particular job's ability to get exp in a certain way.

Not that I think this healing exploit is okay, mind you. I'm very glad to see SE is taking action, but I am surprised at level of action taken.
____________________________
This is another bizarre and thankless situation you've gotten us in.
#27 Sep 27 2010 at 5:20 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
So our linkshell has been doing questleves together and indeed the THM and CON got a lot more skill ups by healing the whole group. They benefited more yes, but to point the finger at them for a bug in the programing, that's not their fault, is ridiculous. It's like SE is saying: CON & THM are not allowed to play / party right now because they get more exp because we ****** up the programing.
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#28 Sep 27 2010 at 5:22 AM Rating: Excellent
**
409 posts
To everyone trying to argue that it's even partly SEs fault, BS. That's reverse logic, no matter how well SE programs things people will ALWAYS try to find a way to exploit something, which is precisely why SE refuses to give us anything nice. They try to give us an inch and people take several thousand miles instead.
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#29 Sep 27 2010 at 5:24 AM Rating: Good
**
285 posts
Wow i must say im suprised at the threats of ban hammer for this. As far as i remember the only major bans in XI were for people using exploits to generate gil. I wander why this is classed as a exploit but smn burns wernt.
____________________________


February 11, 1926 – November 28, 2010
Leslie Nielsen. Shirley, he will be missed.
#30 Sep 27 2010 at 5:28 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
751 posts
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
To everyone trying to argue that it's even partly SEs fault, BS. That's reverse logic, no matter how well SE programs things people will ALWAYS try to find a way to exploit something, which is precisely why SE refuses to give us anything nice. They try to give us an inch and people take several thousand miles instead.


Rate up.

For those people who are saying its SE's fault for implementing the game this way. Just because I leave my car keys in the car doesn't mean you can steal it. Those who were doing this know that they were doing it. SE can almost certainly forecast expected skill levels based on physical levels and other jobs. Where there is a massive discrepancy - there is an exploiter.
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#31 Sep 27 2010 at 5:29 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Isn't this beyond the SMN burns & such though? That was finding a way to get loads of exp quickly, but didn't totally break the exp system. In this case for XIV, you got people with class ranks way higher than their physical and that shouldn't be possible without such an exploit. Completely breaking the exp system to advance in an unintended manner. Sounds worse to me...

Edited, Sep 27th 2010 7:30am by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#32 Sep 27 2010 at 5:29 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
811 posts
RedGalka wrote:
So our linkshell has been doing questleves together and indeed the THM and CON got a lot more skill ups by healing the whole group. They benefited more yes, but to point the finger at them for a bug in the programing, that's not their fault, is ridiculous. It's like SE is saying: CON & THM are not allowed to play / party right now because they get more exp because we @#%^ed up the programing.


I know, it makes no sense.
It would like if I get more skillups fighting against spiders than i do against squirrels. Of course i'm going to want to fight more spiders.

If Conjurers get more rank points healing people under guardian's favor doing guildleves... that is exactly what they are going to do.

banning them for it is rediculous.
#33 Sep 27 2010 at 5:30 AM Rating: Default
****
4,153 posts
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
To everyone trying to argue that it's even partly SEs fault, BS. That's reverse logic, no matter how well SE programs things people will ALWAYS try to find a way to exploit something, which is precisely why SE refuses to give us anything nice. They try to give us an inch and people take several thousand miles instead.

This program allows for CON to get more skillups than other classes due to the way it is coded. Who in the **** else is to blame for that? You can mow down the 5 mobs you need to kill for your leve in about 5 minutes flat, but if you are receiving a bonus to skill points acquired while you're doing the leve... why would you not spend the entire 30 mins doing so?

SE expected people to be using their abilities to kill mobs and not just spamming them for skill. The players are to blame for their oversight?

Was it SE's intention for the casting classes to receive more skill points? Probably not. Should they have responded to the feedback when it was brought up weeks ago in closed beta? Most definitely.

Edited, Sep 27th 2010 7:31am by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#34 Sep 27 2010 at 5:31 AM Rating: Default
32 posts
well i have been leveling conj/THA up and been healing my group but i aint been getting any skill ups as u lot say does that mean i have been exploiting this cuz i have just been leveling like normal and have never heard of this exploit till now i hope i aint done anything wrong.....witch i dont think i have if it's a crime to level up a job like any other class on this game
#35 Sep 27 2010 at 5:32 AM Rating: Good
*
95 posts
ShonaSeraph wrote:
RedGalka wrote:
So our linkshell has been doing questleves together and indeed the THM and CON got a lot more skill ups by healing the whole group. They benefited more yes, but to point the finger at them for a bug in the programing, that's not their fault, is ridiculous. It's like SE is saying: CON & THM are not allowed to play / party right now because they get more exp because we @#%^ed up the programing.


I know, it makes no sense.
It would like if I get more skillups fighting against spiders than i do against squirrels. Of course i'm going to want to fight more spiders.

If Conjurers get more rank points healing people under guardian's favor doing guildleves... that is exactly what they are going to do.

banning them for it is rediculous.


SE is basically saying that it's a problem within the game that is being addressed. SE is saying that the people who benefited from this problem should report it so there's no possible chance they get banned down the road for having benefited from this. SE is also saying that they should avoid it until they fix the problem. Based on their prompt reply, I am going to assume that they will make changes very soon; like after this maintenance.

Actually, I find this laughable. If you do a leve, the healer does not heal much at all because in a party, the leve target goes down extremely quickly, so they shouldn't gain TOO much SP. If you're blatantly standing around and letting your healer heal over and over again without killing the leve target, it's obviously exploiting. Many conj are telling me that it doesn't work unless you have guardian's favor.

Edited, Sep 27th 2010 7:35am by Tenkuro
#36 Sep 27 2010 at 5:32 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
811 posts
HallieXIV wrote:
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
To everyone trying to argue that it's even partly SEs fault, BS. That's reverse logic, no matter how well SE programs things people will ALWAYS try to find a way to exploit something, which is precisely why SE refuses to give us anything nice. They try to give us an inch and people take several thousand miles instead.


Rate up.

For those people who are saying its SE's fault for implementing the game this way. Just because I leave my car keys in the car doesn't mean you can steal it. Those who were doing this know that they were doing it. SE can almost certainly forecast expected skill levels based on physical levels and other jobs. Where there is a massive discrepancy - there is an exploiter.


I usually agree with most things you post...
but comparing real-life illegal activity to levelling rank in FFXIV doesn't really make sense.
#37 Sep 27 2010 at 5:32 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,112 posts
RedGalka wrote:
So our linkshell has been doing questleves together and indeed the THM and CON got a lot more skill ups by healing the whole group. They benefited more yes, but to point the finger at them for a bug in the programing, that's not their fault, is ridiculous. It's like SE is saying: CON & THM are not allowed to play / party right now because they get more exp because we @#%^ed up the programing.


Mate, don't worry. Any CON or THM who was in a party and recieved some xp for group healing will be fine. They are gunning for the people who rounded up parties of CON and THM, drew weapons at mobs and sat there for half an hour unloading their MP bar in cures to level up insanely fast.

As I have stated in other threads, as a THM by trade I hope to whoever that they have not wrapped all us DoM on the knuckles with overly draconian skill up rules now. It has been hard enough keeping up with my DoW brethren in my LS!
____________________________
To endanger the soul endangers all,
when the soul is endangered it must become a Warrior.
#38 Sep 27 2010 at 5:32 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
751 posts
ShonaSeraph wrote:
RedGalka wrote:
So our linkshell has been doing questleves together and indeed the THM and CON got a lot more skill ups by healing the whole group. They benefited more yes, but to point the finger at them for a bug in the programing, that's not their fault, is ridiculous. It's like SE is saying: CON & THM are not allowed to play / party right now because they get more exp because we @#%^ed up the programing.


I know, it makes no sense.
It would like if I get more skillups fighting against spiders than i do against squirrels. Of course i'm going to want to fight more spiders.

If Conjurers get more rank points healing people under guardian's favor doing guildleves... that is exactly what they are going to do.

banning them for it is rediculous.


The problem is NOT spamming heals on guildleves. THe problem is having a person engage the mob, and then not hit it again while the healers spam Cure. Playing the game normally, you would not just sit there and let the mob attach without fighting back. Spamming Cure in normal circumstances is fine - spamming it in these specific circumstances is not.
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#39 Sep 27 2010 at 5:34 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
751 posts
ShonaSeraph wrote:
HallieXIV wrote:
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
To everyone trying to argue that it's even partly SEs fault, BS. That's reverse logic, no matter how well SE programs things people will ALWAYS try to find a way to exploit something, which is precisely why SE refuses to give us anything nice. They try to give us an inch and people take several thousand miles instead.


Rate up.

For those people who are saying its SE's fault for implementing the game this way. Just because I leave my car keys in the car doesn't mean you can steal it. Those who were doing this know that they were doing it. SE can almost certainly forecast expected skill levels based on physical levels and other jobs. Where there is a massive discrepancy - there is an exploiter.


I usually agree with most things you post...
but comparing real-life illegal activity to levelling rank in FFXIV doesn't really make sense.


Sorry for clarity I was not saying the two crimes are as bad as each other. Just that the principle of "I can do it, therefore there is nothing wrong if I do do it" doesnt hold whether in game, or IRL.
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#40 Sep 27 2010 at 5:36 AM Rating: Decent
*
95 posts
HallieXIV wrote:
ShonaSeraph wrote:
RedGalka wrote:
So our linkshell has been doing questleves together and indeed the THM and CON got a lot more skill ups by healing the whole group. They benefited more yes, but to point the finger at them for a bug in the programing, that's not their fault, is ridiculous. It's like SE is saying: CON & THM are not allowed to play / party right now because they get more exp because we @#%^ed up the programing.


I know, it makes no sense.
It would like if I get more skillups fighting against spiders than i do against squirrels. Of course i'm going to want to fight more spiders.

If Conjurers get more rank points healing people under guardian's favor doing guildleves... that is exactly what they are going to do.

banning them for it is rediculous.


The problem is NOT spamming heals on guildleves. THe problem is having a person engage the mob, and then not hit it again while the healers spam Cure. Playing the game normally, you would not just sit there and let the mob attach without fighting back. Spamming Cure in normal circumstances is fine - spamming it in these specific circumstances is not.


EXACTLY.
#41 Sep 27 2010 at 5:37 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
811 posts
HallieXIV wrote:
ShonaSeraph wrote:
RedGalka wrote:
So our linkshell has been doing questleves together and indeed the THM and CON got a lot more skill ups by healing the whole group. They benefited more yes, but to point the finger at them for a bug in the programing, that's not their fault, is ridiculous. It's like SE is saying: CON & THM are not allowed to play / party right now because they get more exp because we @#%^ed up the programing.


I know, it makes no sense.
It would like if I get more skillups fighting against spiders than i do against squirrels. Of course i'm going to want to fight more spiders.

If Conjurers get more rank points healing people under guardian's favor doing guildleves... that is exactly what they are going to do.

banning them for it is rediculous.


The problem is NOT spamming heals on guildleves. THe problem is having a person engage the mob, and then not hit it again while the healers spam Cure. Playing the game normally, you would not just sit there and let the mob attach without fighting back. Spamming Cure in normal circumstances is fine - spamming it in these specific circumstances is not.


In FFXI, using a low-level weapon with a base-damage of 1 at level 75 to skill it up was the norm when levelling up a new weapon because it allowed you to get more hits in before you had to move onto the next mob.

So 'playing the game normally', a person wouldn't obviously sit there and kill mobs with a level 1 weapon at level 75... but when it comes to skilling up, people want to do it as efficiently and quickly as possible.
#42 Sep 27 2010 at 5:38 AM Rating: Decent
32 posts
so does this exploit only work if your in a grp doing leves? cuz i been grinding with a grp while lvling conj and i get no xp for healing and my rank is normal CON 10 pcyial rank 17 as i have got GLD 10 armorsmith 9 weaver 3 mining 11 THM 6 so my rank is normal to be 17
#43 Sep 27 2010 at 5:38 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Wow! Awesone Job, SE! This, I did not expect.

THM here myself, and I noticed I get far, far more Skill points in a PT than anyone else (but
never exploted it). And I am very, very happy this issue has been addressed so quickly.
Sorry guys, but that was just obviously an exployt (like nailing AV to a wall).

Gogogo SE! Most times you %!!k up bigtime, but this time you actually did the right thing fast.

Impressed.

And in reply to:
Quote:
How can you blame the playerbase for using a system that is available to them?

Obvious exploit. Guess you also nailed AV to walls making "good use" of the broken
pathfinding system that was "available to you", eh?

Edited, Sep 27th 2010 7:40am by Rinsui
#44 Sep 27 2010 at 5:38 AM Rating: Excellent
******
30,109 posts
So, uh.
Smiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lol
Smiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lol
Smiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lol

Everything about this is just lulz. But classic SE. The "please report yourself" part makes it extra delicious.
#45 Sep 27 2010 at 5:39 AM Rating: Default
**
263 posts
ShonaSeraph wrote:
RedGalka wrote:
So our linkshell has been doing questleves together and indeed the THM and CON got a lot more skill ups by healing the whole group. They benefited more yes, but to point the finger at them for a bug in the programing, that's not their fault, is ridiculous. It's like SE is saying: CON & THM are not allowed to play / party right now because they get more exp because we @#%^ed up the programing.


I know, it makes no sense.
It would like if I get more skillups fighting against spiders than i do against squirrels. Of course i'm going to want to fight more spiders.

If Conjurers get more rank points healing people under guardian's favor doing guildleves... that is exactly what they are going to do.

banning them for it is rediculous.


You make no sense. Worst analogy ever, if I can steal bread and get away with it.. Is that the right thing to do?
Basic sense, if you're doing some thing in one day that'll take other players weeks to do then it isn't fair. If it isn't fair then you can expect other people to be up in arms about. There's nothing ridiculous about anything here.
#46 Sep 27 2010 at 5:40 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
751 posts
havoc2485 wrote:
so does this exploit only work if your in a grp doing leves? cuz i been grinding with a grp while lvling conj and i get no xp for healing and my rank is normal CON 10 pcyial rank 17 as i have got GLD 10 armorsmith 9 weaver 3 mining 11 THM 6 so my rank is normal to be 17


That looks sensible to me!

You are only in trouble if you have deliberately initiated combat with the mob and then not killed it in a leve in order to continue levelling, playing the game normally by spamming Cure on your party is not an exploit and you will be allowed to earn bonus exp when you have the buff.
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#47 Sep 27 2010 at 5:40 AM Rating: Good
*
249 posts
Nivys wrote:
I'm actually a little surprised at the level of action taken. I know many people were comparing it to FFXI's Salvage exploit and talking about how many players go banned for it, but to me this seemed less like the Salvage exploit and more like Summoner/Astral Burns in FFXI, which no one has been banned for, and no one has had to report to a GM to have their level corrected. It's not manipulating a system to get drops, it's manipulating a particular job's ability to get exp in a certain way.

Not that I think this healing exploit is okay, mind you. I'm very glad to see SE is taking action, but I am surprised at level of action taken.


Summoner burns are not creating an advantage. You still only get around 10-15k/hour exp. This is the number SE has set as acceptable. Even Abyssea is balanced to this.

I know most people have BNS (Big Number Syndrome) and will only see that in a SMN burn you get 40-50k experience in 10 minutes. They forget however that you can only do it with your 2h ability and it takes at least 1 hour to train the mobs and get ready.

The FF14 exploit however creates a much higher experience gain than intended. So high in fact that people are hitting cap level in just a weekend exploiting.

Edited, Sep 27th 2010 1:43pm by KindjalFerrer
____________________________
#48 Sep 27 2010 at 5:43 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
811 posts
sylph19 wrote:
ShonaSeraph wrote:
RedGalka wrote:
So our linkshell has been doing questleves together and indeed the THM and CON got a lot more skill ups by healing the whole group. They benefited more yes, but to point the finger at them for a bug in the programing, that's not their fault, is ridiculous. It's like SE is saying: CON & THM are not allowed to play / party right now because they get more exp because we @#%^ed up the programing.


I know, it makes no sense.
It would like if I get more skillups fighting against spiders than i do against squirrels. Of course i'm going to want to fight more spiders.

If Conjurers get more rank points healing people under guardian's favor doing guildleves... that is exactly what they are going to do.

banning them for it is rediculous.


You make no sense. Worst analogy ever, if I can steal bread and get away with it.. Is that the right thing to do?
Basic sense, if you're doing some thing in one day that'll take other players weeks to do then it isn't fair. If it isn't fair then you can expect other people to be up in arms about. There's nothing ridiculous about anything here.


it makes sense to you that someone isn't going to try and get skill points as quickly as possible?

why are so many people making comparisons to real-life crimes?
It's skill-ups in a video game...
People will do what is quickest, to not do so is inefficient.

#49 Sep 27 2010 at 5:45 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
And in reply to:
Quote:
The problem is... some people would have no idea they are doing anything wrong...

The same people very likely won't go around reading forums checking for possible issues with xp systems.

Random person logs in one day and their account is banned and they have no idea why.

Then better teach 'em.

Quote:
To someone who didn't play beta, and doesn't read forums (which is the majority of people), this could be 'working as intended'.


And, like, hardcore MMORPG EXP-grinders don't use the internet and forums, eh?

Edited, Sep 27th 2010 7:47am by Rinsui
#50 Sep 27 2010 at 5:48 AM Rating: Decent
**
409 posts
ShonaSeraph wrote:
sylph19 wrote:
ShonaSeraph wrote:
RedGalka wrote:
So our linkshell has been doing questleves together and indeed the THM and CON got a lot more skill ups by healing the whole group. They benefited more yes, but to point the finger at them for a bug in the programing, that's not their fault, is ridiculous. It's like SE is saying: CON & THM are not allowed to play / party right now because they get more exp because we @#%^ed up the programing.


I know, it makes no sense.
It would like if I get more skillups fighting against spiders than i do against squirrels. Of course i'm going to want to fight more spiders.

If Conjurers get more rank points healing people under guardian's favor doing guildleves... that is exactly what they are going to do.

banning them for it is rediculous.


You make no sense. Worst analogy ever, if I can steal bread and get away with it.. Is that the right thing to do?
Basic sense, if you're doing some thing in one day that'll take other players weeks to do then it isn't fair. If it isn't fair then you can expect other people to be up in arms about. There's nothing ridiculous about anything here.


it makes sense to you that someone isn't going to try and get skill points as quickly as possible?

why are so many people making comparisons to real-life crimes?
It's skill-ups in a video game...
People will do what is quickest, to not do so is inefficient.



You know that whole arguement would be much more convincing were it not for the fact that:

A.) If people really thought that this was the most efficient way rather than an exploit, it would not have been kept a secret from the general playerbase as long as it was.

and

B.) Scientific studies have proven that people will in fact commit crimes when they think they won't get caught. It's the same principal, even when they know that most people would consider what they're doing wrong, they do it anyways. They think they won't be held accountable just because it's a video game. Now that they got caught they're trying to defend what they did by blaming SE.
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#51 Sep 27 2010 at 5:49 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
Kordain wrote:
RedGalka wrote:
So our linkshell has been doing questleves together and indeed the THM and CON got a lot more skill ups by healing the whole group. They benefited more yes, but to point the finger at them for a bug in the programing, that's not their fault, is ridiculous. It's like SE is saying: CON & THM are not allowed to play / party right now because they get more exp because we @#%^ed up the programing.


Mate, don't worry. Any CON or THM who was in a party and recieved some xp for group healing will be fine. They are gunning for the people who rounded up parties of CON and THM, drew weapons at mobs and sat there for half an hour unloading their MP bar in cures to level up insanely fast.

As I have stated in other threads, as a THM by trade I hope to whoever that they have not wrapped all us DoM on the knuckles with overly draconian skill up rules now. It has been hard enough keeping up with my DoW brethren in my LS!


The problem is that you can't see the difference between those who healed their parties for real or not. We also grinded on hard mobs where they had to spamm heals just to keep everyone alive...
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

« Previous 1 2 3
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)