Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Hermes' Shoes Speed?Follow

#1 Sep 27 2010 at 1:44 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,431 posts

Sorry if this was asked; i didnt find it in the search.

What exactly do the Hermes' Shoes do? is it like a usable item in FFXI that grants you a speed boost once a day; or do you run faster all the time. How much faster?
Thanks! I'm thinking of activating my old FFXI account to get a pair.
#2 Sep 27 2010 at 1:57 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
246 posts
sideways wrote:

Sorry if this was asked; i didnt find it in the search.

What exactly do the Hermes' Shoes do? is it like a usable item in FFXI that grants you a speed boost once a day; or do you run faster all the time. How much faster?
Thanks! I'm thinking of activating my old FFXI account to get a pair.


I may be incorrect, but I believe that I have read that your FFXI account must be active for a month previous to getting the Hermes Shoes. Activating at this time would not work.
#3 Sep 27 2010 at 2:03 PM Rating: Good
**
415 posts
They give an increase in speed like say Ninja boots in FF XI. Its pretty fast. I would say its about a 35% speed boost and it last for 15 mins a day but you can only use it once per 24 hours.
____________________________
http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=3571 - Mind Control Theories Used By Mass Media
#4 Sep 27 2010 at 2:11 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,431 posts
Thanks guys!
I'm fairly confident the only restriction is on "new" accounts; FFXI account must be older than X days; i played the first 6 years ;)
Nin shoes FWT! but it's not worth starting all over again; i thought they might be like Herald's Gaiters or Hermes' Sandals in FFXI which would have been worth it.

Thanks again!
#5 Sep 27 2010 at 2:20 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,869 posts
jakarai wrote:
They give an increase in speed like say Ninja boots in FF XI. Its pretty fast. I would say its about a 35% speed boost and it last for 15 mins a day but you can only use it once per 24 hours.


Is there a visible timer anywhere that shows cooldown period/when the shoes can be used again? Am I missing something, because I can't find one - though me getting familiar with XIV and not looking in the right place is definitely a possibility.
____________________________
Anza: Titan 2004-2011 / Capuchin: Phoenix 2011-???
#6 Sep 27 2010 at 2:26 PM Rating: Decent
**
415 posts
Anza wrote:
jakarai wrote:
They give an increase in speed like say Ninja boots in FF XI. Its pretty fast. I would say its about a 35% speed boost and it last for 15 mins a day but you can only use it once per 24 hours.


Is there a visible timer anywhere that shows cooldown period/when the shoes can be used again? Am I missing something, because I can't find one - though me getting familiar with XIV and not looking in the right place is definitely a possibility.


No wish they would add one though.
____________________________
http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=3571 - Mind Control Theories Used By Mass Media
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)