Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

All Worlds Maintenance (Sep.28)Follow

#1 Sep 27 2010 at 5:01 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
257 posts
Quote:

All Worlds Maintenance (Sep.28)
At the following time, we will be performing FINAL FANTASY XIV maintenance on all worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

[Date & Time]
Sep. 28, 2010 from 16:00 to 19:00 (GMT)
* Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XIV


Link

Seeing as its in EU prime time i'm sure there will be 5hr patch so us EUs cant play, this is SE after all.
____________________________
FFXI (Long since retired)
Delsus
Server: Cerberus

FFXIV
Delsus Highwind
Server: Ragnarok
#2 Sep 27 2010 at 5:03 PM Rating: Good
***
1,888 posts
In before EU pri...

Nevermind.

Edit: I live in England, not hatin'

Edited, Sep 27th 2010 7:30pm by OneFromSilverLight
____________________________
Reiginsei, San'doria Rank 8 Hume Male.
75RDM/75NIN/69BLM59PLD
[5/5 Duellist 01/17/08][4/5 Koga][0/5 Valor][CoP+RotZ]
Linkshells:
Europa/Wabbits/OmegaStoleMyBike
#3 Sep 27 2010 at 5:03 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
nothing SE does is going to make everyone happy. tons of people crying for SE to implement x, x, or x, then when SE brings the game down for maintenance (see: to implement x, x, or x) people cry that the game is down.
#4 Sep 27 2010 at 5:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
175 posts
Awesome. Let the patches roll, god knows this game sadly needs a lot of them.
____________________________
FFXI:(Remora -> Leviathan -> Shiva) WHM, BLM, RDM, THF, SAM, DNC
FFXIV: (Rabanastre) Working on: CON ~ LNC





#5 Sep 27 2010 at 5:09 PM Rating: Default
***
1,083 posts
mith167 wrote:
nothing SE does is going to make everyone happy. tons of people crying for SE to implement x, x, or x, then when SE brings the game down for maintenance (see: to implement x, x, or x) people cry that the game is down.


It would have made me happy for SE to release the game not in a state where it needed such large amounts of patches, maintenance, or implementation of X, X, or X.

But apparently I'm one the few who expects more than mediocrity from SE when it comes to releasing a new MMORPG.
____________________________
Wada: "There may be some areas of testing that were lacking or too rigid."
#6 Sep 27 2010 at 5:12 PM Rating: Good
***
1,888 posts
rikkuotaku wrote:
mith167 wrote:
nothing SE does is going to make everyone happy. tons of people crying for SE to implement x, x, or x, then when SE brings the game down for maintenance (see: to implement x, x, or x) people cry that the game is down.


It would have made me happy for SE to release the game not in a state where it needed such large amounts of patches, maintenance, or implementation of X, X, or X.

But apparently I'm one the few who expects more than mediocrity from SE when it comes to releasing a new MMORPG.


Blizzard did the same if you care to remember. And well, you could be one of the poor saps playting a Cryptic MMO - they would probably see whats happening here as a godsend.

____________________________
Reiginsei, San'doria Rank 8 Hume Male.
75RDM/75NIN/69BLM59PLD
[5/5 Duellist 01/17/08][4/5 Koga][0/5 Valor][CoP+RotZ]
Linkshells:
Europa/Wabbits/OmegaStoleMyBike
#7 Sep 27 2010 at 5:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
153 posts
ALL games require a ton of patches at start. it's the nature of the beast. I'm personally very happy to see all of this work being done.
____________________________
FFXI :Fenrir / Gael / 75 THF
FFXIV : Figaro / Devan Glasio / XX Conj
My Conjurer Guide
Small Durability and Optimal Rank Guide
#8 Sep 27 2010 at 5:17 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
257 posts
rikkuotaku wrote:
mith167 wrote:
nothing SE does is going to make everyone happy. tons of people crying for SE to implement x, x, or x, then when SE brings the game down for maintenance (see: to implement x, x, or x) people cry that the game is down.


It would have made me happy for SE to release the game not in a state where it needed such large amounts of patches, maintenance, or implementation of X, X, or X.

But apparently I'm one the few who expects more than mediocrity from SE when it comes to releasing a new MMORPG.


ALL MMOs need maint/patches and all that IN THE FIRST WEEK OF RELEASE I have heard alot of ppl saying that this is one of the best if not the best releases of a MMO, i have heard ppl saying the WoW release was bad.

so STFU about all the OMG an update, time to /wrists if you dont @#%^ing like it then come back in a year or two when they have the bugs worked out.

You can either have the release with patches, maint etc or in 6 years have a MMO full of bugs or nothing to do if you dont like patches and maint in the FIRST WEEK.

Your acting like this game has been out for 5 years already.

Edited, Sep 27th 2010 7:19pm by scrish
____________________________
FFXI (Long since retired)
Delsus
Server: Cerberus

FFXIV
Delsus Highwind
Server: Ragnarok
#9 Sep 27 2010 at 5:25 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
191 posts
I'm actually surprised at the lack of patches since the release.

I would bet money SE has a huge time consumming patch waiting in the wind,but have held off
until now because of something like this:

"WTF,I paid almost twice as much for the CE just so I could get a head
start on the rest of the world and most of that time is taken up with patching".

I could just see the forums now,lol.
#10 Sep 27 2010 at 5:28 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
153 posts
the truth is, in today's world online, people will always complain about something. Too many patches, not enough content, not enough patches, laggy servers at release. If you don't like it, don't play it is my motto.
I guess to be on topic here. I know this patch is a bad time for EU time, but most of the time, NA times get screwed by patches. Aren't they usually 5-8 or something? Any time they do a patch, it'll be bad for SOMEONE. I do kind of like how they don't patch during jp times. If only blizzard would take a note...
____________________________
FFXI :Fenrir / Gael / 75 THF
FFXIV : Figaro / Devan Glasio / XX Conj
My Conjurer Guide
Small Durability and Optimal Rank Guide
#11 Sep 27 2010 at 5:29 PM Rating: Good
SE likes packing their updates into bundles so I'm not suprised here. IN the end We'll get these likely in regular intervals untill they're satasfied with the player feedback.

Honestly though it'd be nice if they told us what they were intending to patch with each initial notice instead of after the fact.
#12 Sep 27 2010 at 5:39 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
153 posts
you see, I like the surprise that the patch provides rather than have patch 1.0.2 Here is a giant list of things we fixed. I'd rather go out and see those things. oh wow the ui is responding fast! airships are in the game! etc...
Plus it gives me a lot to speculate while I sit here at work.
____________________________
FFXI :Fenrir / Gael / 75 THF
FFXIV : Figaro / Devan Glasio / XX Conj
My Conjurer Guide
Small Durability and Optimal Rank Guide
#13 Sep 27 2010 at 5:44 PM Rating: Default
**
347 posts
Can someone convert it to Central time?
____________________________
Flamealchemist
Bard 75, Thf 75 Smn 75 Blm 75, Whm 60, War 30, Nin 40 Drk 6, Rdm 6.
Race: Hume
Nation: Bastok
Rank: 10
Server: Gilgamesh
Craft: Cooking 100, Alemchy 60 Clothcraft 54, Goldsmith 25, Blacksmith 17, Fishing 22, Bonecraft 6.
#14 Sep 27 2010 at 5:48 PM Rating: Good
*
107 posts
in the 9-ish years of playing everquest i've gotten used to the list of fixes with each patch, i kinda like it that way so i know what to look for <for example if se adds an auction house that will be the first thing i try to find when i log in> but w/out a list they may have simply buffed the shrooms outside gridania and made them agro.
____________________________

#15 Sep 27 2010 at 6:12 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,151 posts
xellosalpha wrote:
Can someone convert it(GMT) to Central time?

You realize that you are on the internet right? Information superhighway?

Copied your post into google almost verbatim substituting 'GMT' for 'it' and found over half a million answers in 0.17 seconds. Do you have any idea the power of the tool that sets before you? /shame


Edited, Sep 27th 2010 8:34pm by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#16 Sep 27 2010 at 7:41 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
22 posts
xellosalpha wrote:
Can someone convert it to Central time?


10AM
#17 Sep 27 2010 at 7:52 PM Rating: Good
Guru
**
691 posts
So... I have to ask, why was this thread sub-defaulted exactly? The OP was a little snarky, but the information isn't anywhere else on the top three pages, which is usually the only reason an information dump thread like this is rated down...
#18 Sep 27 2010 at 7:57 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
*
221 posts
Is this a patch or just server side maintenance ? From the notes it sounds like just server side maintenance , which I guess could fix the lag issues and maybe add/adjust in-game content, but I don't think any client-side UI stuff can be changed/improved without a patch download.

I agree with what was speculated in a previous post - I think they've got a big patch and maintenance coming up but they are waiting until the general release so they don't **** off all the people who paid for the CE to get the week head-start.
____________________________

#19 Sep 27 2010 at 8:37 PM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
its probably something to prepare for the SE launch on thursday. I hope its some kind of patch though..
____________________________


#21 Sep 27 2010 at 9:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
685 posts
Hulan wrote:
So... I have to ask, why was this thread sub-defaulted exactly? The OP was a little snarky, but the information isn't anywhere else on the top three pages, which is usually the only reason an information dump thread like this is rated down...


Because a lot of people like rating down posts they either don't agree with or just don't like.
____________________________

Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#22 Sep 28 2010 at 10:17 AM Rating: Good
***
1,083 posts
This probably should be on the front page again right now.
____________________________
Wada: "There may be some areas of testing that were lacking or too rigid."
#23 Sep 28 2010 at 10:23 AM Rating: Decent
People would be a lot less snarky about the little things that don't actually matter much if they really liked the game. Just saying. ^.~
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#24 Sep 28 2010 at 10:26 AM Rating: Decent
**
941 posts
Downloading patch sooooo slooooow.
#25 Sep 28 2010 at 10:28 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
digitalcraft, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
People would be a lot less snarky about the little things that don't actually matter much if they really liked the game.
True story.
____________________________

Melaahna Valiera
#26 Sep 28 2010 at 10:43 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
175 posts
I guess we have to wait another 3 hours longer then for leves to reset. Am I correct about this?

SE, please fix it so that all leves are reset after a maintenace.
____________________________
BST90/BLM90/RDM75/WHM80/BRD75/NIN75/SMN75/THF75/WAR75; Goldsmithing 93; Fishing 100; Ebisu Rod.
#27 Sep 28 2010 at 11:22 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Maintenance hasn't caused the leves to reset so far to my knowledge. Wouldn't expect them to this time. There was the one morning where people thought the maintenance reset leves, but really the 36 hour reset happened just before the maintenance...

Edited, Sep 28th 2010 1:23pm by TwistedOwl
____________________________

#28 Sep 28 2010 at 11:26 AM Rating: Decent
*
175 posts
Anyone know if there is a .torrent for the update?

You can check Leve refresh here: http://www.swaggerffxiv.com/
____________________________

Skills & Levels: lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1355392
Bazaar: ffxiv.yg.com/bazaar?fl&mn=Shounin&srv=17
100 local levequests completed!
100 regional levequests completed!
2000 enemies defeated!
#29 Sep 28 2010 at 11:33 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
575 posts
MediumOgre wrote:
xellosalpha wrote:
Can someone convert it to Central time?


10AM


Shouldn't that be 11AM with daylight savings still in effect?
#30 Sep 28 2010 at 11:50 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,005 posts
Vawn43 wrote:
MediumOgre wrote:
xellosalpha wrote:
Can someone convert it to Central time?


10AM


Shouldn't that be 11AM with daylight savings still in effect?


Yes. 10 AM CST, 11 AM CDT.
____________________________
Chris Mattern
#31 Sep 28 2010 at 11:53 AM Rating: Decent
21 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
xellosalpha wrote:
Can someone convert it(GMT) to Central time?

You realize that you are on the internet right? Information superhighway?

Copied your post into google almost verbatim substituting 'GMT' for 'it' and found over half a million answers in 0.17 seconds. Do you have any idea the power of the tool that sets before you? /shame


Edited, Sep 27th 2010 8:34pm by FilthMcNasty


ChrisMattern wrote:
Vawn43 wrote:
MediumOgre wrote:
xellosalpha wrote:
Can someone convert it to Central time?


10AM


Shouldn't that be 11AM with daylight savings still in effect?


Yes. 10 AM CST, 11 AM CDT.



I'm with filth... that post was just................... sad.
____________________________
Look for me on Figaro. The name is Cool Whip.
#32 Sep 28 2010 at 11:55 AM Rating: Good
***
2,214 posts
Please let this patch unlock quests...
#33 Sep 28 2010 at 11:56 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
678 posts
Anyone have patch notes for this?
____________________________
FFXIV: Selina Aoyama
Moon-seeker Miqo'te
Server: Wutai
#34 Sep 28 2010 at 11:58 AM Rating: Good
*
227 posts
Philana wrote:
Anyone have patch notes for this?


Was about to ask this. Haven't seen anything yet myself. 18 MB download is a bit more than the usual ~4 or so patch.
____________________________
Astral Descent Homepage
#35 Sep 28 2010 at 12:00 PM Rating: Good
*
216 posts
Do we have any idea what is in that patch?

I know SE doesn't like being open about the contents of their patches, but it would be really nice to see what is getting changed/fixed. At the very least it would give us something to read while the downloader is going.

edit: I see I'm not the only one wondering this :)

Edited, Sep 28th 2010 2:01pm by theweenie
#36 Sep 28 2010 at 12:19 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,408 posts
Anyone aware of what this update is doing?

Only problem I have is SE does not communicate well. I played STO from beta to release have since quit after 2 months I think it was.

Was interesting to see what sort of a game etc it was.

But I personally would like to see SE releasing more smaller updates instead of huge updates which take hrs to download and far too much content etc to notice it all. Then i guess its more work for SE to release it in small patches then 1 huge one?

So I am guessing these updates are to fix things? either way So far I am happy with FF14 only thing So far im touchy is about the whole NO GUIDE thing... Would have been nice to have a brady's? :D I used it on FF11 even though it was useless after a few months it still was useful to me :)
____________________________


If my velocity starts to make you sweat, then just don't
let go
#37 Sep 28 2010 at 12:20 PM Rating: Default
***
1,888 posts
LonixWould wrote:
have been nice to have a brady's? :D I used it on FF11 even though it was useless after a few months it still was useful to me :)


Ahahahahaaaaaaaaah!

Oh, that is a good one. Buttersheep will live on forever.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Buttersheep

Edited, Sep 28th 2010 2:28pm by OneFromSilverLight
____________________________
Reiginsei, San'doria Rank 8 Hume Male.
75RDM/75NIN/69BLM59PLD
[5/5 Duellist 01/17/08][4/5 Koga][0/5 Valor][CoP+RotZ]
Linkshells:
Europa/Wabbits/OmegaStoleMyBike
#38 Sep 28 2010 at 12:27 PM Rating: Decent
*
120 posts
I have no idea about the patch. Tried searching everywhere and couldn't come up with it. Meh, well just have to find out in an hour or so.
____________________________
Check out my awesome adventure at http://fantaji.com/-/5Bc . If you don't know about Fantaji then you're missing out!
#39 Sep 28 2010 at 12:31 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
575 posts
OneFromSilverLight wrote:
LonixWould wrote:
have been nice to have a brady's? :D I used it on FF11 even though it was useless after a few months it still was useful to me :)


Ahahahahaaaaaaaaah!

Oh, that is a good one. Buttersheep will live on forever.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Buttersheep


Regardless of information like that, the guide was still useful in a time before up to date websites and wikis. If nothing else, it explained which NPCs to talk to in quests/missions, that the game didn't really give much information in-game. It also had full lists of crafting recipes. As long as you ignore the "advice" on how to play jobs, the guide did have a lot of handy reference during the first few months of the NA release.
#40 Sep 28 2010 at 12:34 PM Rating: Decent
14 posts
Can anyone link the hosted patch?

No p2p, need the direct link, no torrent
#41 Sep 28 2010 at 12:35 PM Rating: Default
***
1,888 posts
Vawn43 wrote:
OneFromSilverLight wrote:
LonixWould wrote:
have been nice to have a brady's? :D I used it on FF11 even though it was useless after a few months it still was useful to me :)


Ahahahahaaaaaaaaah!

Oh, that is a good one. Buttersheep will live on forever.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Buttersheep


Regardless of information like that, the guide was still useful in a time before up to date websites and wikis. If nothing else, it explained which NPCs to talk to in quests/missions, that the game didn't really give much information in-game. It also had full lists of crafting recipes. As long as you ignore the "advice" on how to play jobs, the guide did have a lot of handy reference during the first few months of the NA release.


Edit -- Misunderstanding!

Edited, Sep 28th 2010 2:49pm by OneFromSilverLight
____________________________
Reiginsei, San'doria Rank 8 Hume Male.
75RDM/75NIN/69BLM59PLD
[5/5 Duellist 01/17/08][4/5 Koga][0/5 Valor][CoP+RotZ]
Linkshells:
Europa/Wabbits/OmegaStoleMyBike
#42 Sep 28 2010 at 12:38 PM Rating: Default
**
269 posts
munki17 wrote:
Can anyone link the hosted patch?

No p2p, need the direct link, no torrent

Its against SE's TOS to download anywhere but the patcher. Its also against the rules for this site to post any links for it, otherwise zam will get the banhammer of coverage for FFXIV
____________________________
MUTED
#43 Sep 28 2010 at 12:40 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
Getting error code: 1015, lobby server has encountered an error since maintenance finished and I downloaded the patch :(
#44 Sep 28 2010 at 12:41 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
447 posts
thehellfire wrote:
munki17 wrote:
Can anyone link the hosted patch?

No p2p, need the direct link, no torrent

Its against SE's TOS to download anywhere but the patcher. Its also against the rules for this site to post any links for it, otherwise zam will get the banhammer of coverage for FFXIV



People really need to learn to set up port forwarding on their routers. It's not hard. Google it.

Patching takes <5 minutes with the SE patcher, always.
____________________________
Djigga, please. Highland Hyurs can't jump.

#45 Sep 28 2010 at 12:41 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
447 posts
GrimoireWeiss wrote:
Getting error code: 1015, lobby server has encountered an error since maintenance finished and I downloaded the patch :(


Maintenance runs for another 20 minutes. They're testing the servers. It'll be on by 3 - each world server has been live for over half an hour now.
____________________________
Djigga, please. Highland Hyurs can't jump.

#46 Sep 28 2010 at 12:42 PM Rating: Decent
**
886 posts
thehellfire wrote:
munki17 wrote:
Can anyone link the hosted patch?

No p2p, need the direct link, no torrent

Its against SE's TOS to download anywhere but the patcher. Its also against the rules for this site to post any links for it, otherwise zam will get the banhammer of coverage for FFXIV


Great my college won't allow P2P network downloads so now I'm stuck until i can find someone willing to break the TOS >.>
____________________________
Scud
Black Mage for life
75 Warrior 75 Dragoon
Henry Miller wrote:
Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.
#47 Sep 28 2010 at 12:42 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
22 posts
I fear we have strayed off-topic a little here.. so I'm gonna go ahead and ask

Has anyone been able to log into the game since the "patch/maintenance" or whatever you choose to call it?
#48 Sep 28 2010 at 12:42 PM Rating: Decent
**
941 posts
It was an 18mb patch? Mine downloaded really fast - thought it was really tiny.
#49 Sep 28 2010 at 12:43 PM Rating: Default
**
782 posts
Quote:
Chill the @#%^ out, please.


Your aren't sensitive are you?
#50 Sep 28 2010 at 12:43 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
575 posts
Necta wrote:
I fear we have strayed off-topic a little here.. so I'm gonna go ahead and ask

Has anyone been able to log into the game since the "patch/maintenance" or whatever you choose to call it?


Like someone said a second ago, the maintenance has not ended yet. Downloading the patch, does not indicate the maintenance has ended.
#51 Sep 28 2010 at 12:44 PM Rating: Default
23 posts
Updates must be done but! Why dont they post a change log ... Thats the only problem.
I think the dont write it down because the servers are just underpowered or something like that. Its embarrassing because wrong planned... Just my thoughts.
An the patch should be done at least 45 minutes ago (not much time for some but for me its much cause i work 8-9 hours).
Then wrong planned maintenance too. Thanks SE.

Edited, Sep 28th 2010 2:47pm by Sly123

Edited, Sep 28th 2010 2:48pm by Sly123
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 25 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (25)