- All weapons and armor are non-consumable. The only way they leave the economy is if someone vendors them or throws them away.
- Inventory is capped at 160 (+80 per retainer at $1 each)
- Bazaars are capped at 10 per player and an additional 10 per retainer
- The only way to sell an item is for a player to luck across your bazaar or for you to abuse /shout
- The only ways to get materials is to luck upon the right bazaar, buy it at extortionate prices from NPCs, or to farm them yourself
If that's your hook its a little weak imo. Crafting may fail but your reasons as to why, for lack of a better word, suck.
- All weapons and armor are non-consumable: the same applies to every single MMO in existence, and using a simple supply and demand comcept, crafters will only make as much as the demand demands of them, its simple - if they're getting over flooded with x and y items then its their fault or they're using them to power level up to a certain point - but with the help of leves powerleveling isn't even that necessary and with each new level in the discipline you get some useful item to make. The only thing we need (and soon) is an AH and I have a feeling we'll get one within the coming 2 months here.
- I'll illude to FFXI and say the inventory was capped there too, and at a much lower number until you did a whole bunch of quests - despite that people managed just fine usually by making one mule. In FFXIV not only do we have a lot more inventory space on our character but we also have a retainer that equals that amount of space and if space becomes an issue for you a $1 extra isn't going to hurt you in the end but if shouldn't even come to that unless you're keeping *everything*.
- I agree they should increase bazaar room if they're planning on sticking with no AH.
- OR talk with other people. I have on my friends list now a blacksmith/armorer, a leatherworker (who has made me a full set of gear) and an Alchemist and i'm in contact with them regularly - we supply each other with things we need (e.g., the armorer is making me bronze plates so we can make shields to sell in bulk at launch; for those same shields the leatherworker is supplying me with leatherstraps) These guys aren't even part of my LS, I ran across them shopping and saved their name to my friend's list then talked to them again at a later date, give it a shot, people are more willing to help than you think.
- I think the game has plenty of problems atm but crafting is by far the only thing we shouldn't be complaining about imo, its the only system in place which I see functioning as is intended (definitely not the battle system).