Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

Did they "adjust" crafting during maintenance?Follow

#1 Sep 28 2010 at 8:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
93 posts
Last night I was grinding some copper hooks without any problems. I leveled up and logged out before maintenance.

After downloading the patch today, it's a whole new game. I'm making the exact same items as I was last night. Standard SUCCESS is eating more durability than ever, majority of the time even to the point where durability lost is greater than progress made. Before the patch, standard synthesis success was great, often taking no durability at all when it was successful.

I also have a strange debuff that tells me my gear is uncomfortable. I've stripped down to my undies and repaired everything. It's still there! I'm guessing it's because I'm wearing something that doesn't fit my class... but it's never shown up before last night. Also, undies are all classes... so I'm out of answers.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
#2 Sep 28 2010 at 8:59 PM Rating: Good
I noticed the same thing with the standard successes.

I would usually get 0-3 durability loss on successes, but now it sits around 15-23.
____________________________
Nyla Dreshi - Istory 
Linkshell: Rebirth 
ARM-[22] / ALC-[15] / GLA-[15] / THM-[14] / Phys 30
#3 Sep 28 2010 at 8:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
300 posts
I did almost bust on a level 1 goldsmith item today. I thought it was extremely strange.
#4 Sep 28 2010 at 9:00 PM Rating: Decent
**
263 posts
Your accessories are broken.
I've found standard to have a range of 10-30 on fails. Where rapid loses 5-20 on fails.
I observed a -29 durability standard fail before. You might have just been getting unlucky, standard does sometimes cost a tonne of durability.

Regarding the differences in standard success, don't know haven't been using standard for awhile now (unless it's at 90%.)

Edited, Sep 28th 2010 11:02pm by sylph19
#5 Sep 28 2010 at 9:04 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
93 posts
sylph19 wrote:
Your accessories are broken.
I've found standard to have a range of 10-30 on fails. Where rapid loses 5-20 on fails.
I observed a -29 durability standard fail before. You might have just been getting unlucky, standard does sometimes cost a tonne of durability.

Regarding the differences in standard success, don't know haven't been using standard for awhile now (unless it's at 90%.)

Edited, Sep 28th 2010 11:02pm by sylph19


I don't wear any accessories while crafting. Only crafting clothes/armor and tools. My gear is also in tip top shape, durability wise.

I have also seen these numbers you talk about, but only on fails. I'm sitting here losing 18-20 on successful synthesis. It's crazy!

Edited, Sep 28th 2010 11:05pm by Rhysen
#6 Sep 28 2010 at 9:09 PM Rating: Decent
**
263 posts
Rhysen wrote:


I don't wear any accessories while crafting. Only crafting clothes/armor and tools. My gear is also in tip top shape, durability wise.

I have also seen these numbers you talk about, but only on fails. I'm sitting here losing 18-20 on successful synthesis. It's crazy!

Edited, Sep 28th 2010 11:05pm by Rhysen

That does sound really odd, can other confirm something has changed?
#7 Sep 28 2010 at 9:41 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
300 posts
I was successful: Up 17% but broke durability by 23.

Something is messed up. I'm busting way more often ><
#8 Sep 28 2010 at 9:45 PM Rating: Good
It's Just a Flesh Wound
******
22,699 posts
Those numbers sound really screwed up, something is definitely broken. The only reason to lose 20+ durability on a standard should be a crit fail. D:
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#9 Sep 28 2010 at 9:47 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
16,959 posts
My two room mates have also noticed a higher fail rate on synths.

Edited, Sep 28th 2010 9:47pm by Kirby
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#10 Sep 28 2010 at 9:50 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
300 posts
Maybe they felt they made crafting too easy? I had a grove going with these colors (my personal little thing) that use to be working like a charm. Kinda blows : /

Also found out today that highly damaged feet makes you walk/run extremely slow. Extremely damaged hands make you swing your weapon very slow. This game is starting to suck to me :(
#11 Sep 28 2010 at 9:51 PM Rating: Decent
40 posts
yep. logged on tonight and did 0/4 on a low rank goldsmithing leve quest I 4/4'd 3 goldsmithing ranks ago. Figure that one out.
____________________________
FFXIV - Rabanastre - Fisherman
FFXI - Leviathan - 75 Beastmaster /37 NIN/40 THF/40 BLU
#12 Sep 28 2010 at 9:53 PM Rating: Good
*
108 posts
I'm blowing up a bunch of level 1 synths at level 10 now, with upgraded tools and armor in good condition. Something's a bit wonky, and I really wish they'd put it back how it was and then just leave it alone.
#13 Sep 28 2010 at 9:57 PM Rating: Excellent
*
158 posts
This sounds like the original dev team I know from FFXI, looks like they're back in form.

First they came for the crafters, and I didn't speak up, because I was not a crafter...
#14 Sep 28 2010 at 10:33 PM Rating: Decent
13 posts
Yeah I started failing some combines on Rank 1 crafting leves.

I was paying attention to the colors, all my gear on my carpenter was 90% or better in durability.
I'm not talking about almost making it or even halfway on the ones I failed, I'm talking about it basically spitting in my face for that entire combine.
#15 Sep 28 2010 at 10:33 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
575 posts
ghosthacked wrote:
This sounds like the original dev team I know from FFXI, looks like they're back in form.

First they came for the crafters, and I didn't speak up, because I was not a crafter...


And then they came for me, but I still didn't speak up because if 7 years of FFXI taught us anything, SE really doesn't give a rat's *** if you speak up or not, they ain't listening.
#16 Sep 28 2010 at 10:38 PM Rating: Default
*
172 posts
so the only changes since open beta have been bad ones?

Well... i only put $5 down for my SE edition, i think i'll either try to get that back or get a different game... FF13 worth it? Or shall a try something else.
#17 Sep 28 2010 at 10:38 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,519 posts
While I was busy failing four crafting leves today, I did notice that, even on successful syntheses, I would lose 20+ durability. I had assumed that it was simply my horrid crafting luck, but it looks like they may have changed/broke something in the update.
#18 Sep 28 2010 at 10:41 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
723 posts
When I was finally starting to have fun with it too.
____________________________


Liberty is too precious a thing to be buried in books.
#19 Sep 28 2010 at 10:41 PM Rating: Default
24 posts
I have noticed no difference nor do i fail.

Just remember, pay to use the right equipment when crafting
Use the best ranked tool you can afford
Stack the right stats depending on ure handcraft
use ure abilities when ever u can and is effective.
If ure failing alot, just use rapid all the time, even when rapid fails u still get + progress.

I know 99% of u already all know this, however i'm having no issues crafting, and never have once i knew how to craft correctly.
#20 Sep 28 2010 at 10:46 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
278 posts
I haven't failed a leve yet today as long as I "waited" whenever the colours were fluctuating. Luck?
#21 Sep 28 2010 at 10:59 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
*
205 posts
Huh, that would explain some things. I just started being a carpenter today and was wondering how I could suck at it so bad when I've been having such a easy time with Blacksmith.
#22 Sep 28 2010 at 11:01 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,235 posts
Nah, something got screwed up. I'm failing leves that are lvl 1 that I did everyday before this update. My LS mates were all "wtf" last night failing lvl 1s at rank 10 as well. Something is up.
____________________________


"Don't take it personally man, white knights would eat a can of **** if the label said SE on it. If anyone dared mention that it was not a good product, they'd just argue if someone can't appreciate the subtle nuances in the ****, they should just go back to eating lolrealfood, cuz the devs prolly know more about canning food than they do."
#23 Sep 28 2010 at 11:04 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
826 posts
I noticed the same as everyone else. If the synth goes through, but doesn't list "Success!" at the end, you take a large durability hit, almost exactly the same number as a failed attempt. Even if it does list "success", i've still seen Standard giving durability loss. Heaven forbid you fail on a Bold synth, I had one durability hit reach 48 which is most definitely not normal on a recipe that's 8 levels under my rank.
____________________________
Jerri Blank (Strangers with Candy):
"I may still be doing all the wrong things, but now i'm doing them the right way!"
#24 Sep 28 2010 at 11:31 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
440 posts
Slapaho wrote:
Also found out today that highly damaged feet makes you walk/run extremely slow. Extremely damaged hands make you swing your weapon very slow. This game is starting to suck to me :(


Is this true? I'm getting pretty fed up with all this crap they don't explain properly.
#25 Sep 28 2010 at 11:45 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
278 posts
RayneZ wrote:
Slapaho wrote:
Also found out today that highly damaged feet makes you walk/run extremely slow. Extremely damaged hands make you swing your weapon very slow. This game is starting to suck to me :(


Is this true? I'm getting pretty fed up with all this crap they don't explain properly.


Welcome to an SE MMO. Nobody will know what the crafting colours dountil 2018 and we will be speculating about moonphases for years. Damage boots don't slow down your run speed unless the boots give a bonus to speed. I'm sure gloves are the same.
#26 Sep 28 2010 at 11:57 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,608 posts
I really hope not. I was just starting my crafting classes...
____________________________

#27 Sep 29 2010 at 12:05 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
378 posts
Are you using asuran armgaurds? if yes, did you hit level 11 last night?

From rank 1-10 asuran armgaurds give +10 craftmanship.
____________________________

Retainer: Ferthmart
FFXI: Ferth - Cerbereus Nee Hades Nee Leviathan.
#28 Sep 29 2010 at 12:10 AM Rating: Good
*****
16,959 posts
That can explain one of my room mates crafts (Woodworking), but not my other room mates back to back fails on low level Weaving and Goldsmithing synths (he's also rank 10+).

Edited, Sep 29th 2010 12:13am by Kirby
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#29 Sep 29 2010 at 12:11 AM Rating: Good
I'm also having the same problem as the OP. I was doing a crafting leve (that I had done a couple days prior without issue) and was also losing more durability than I was gaining in progess for a standard synth. Seriously, why the @#$% would you lose like 20 durability, but only gain 15ish progress on a successful synth?
#30 Sep 29 2010 at 12:22 AM Rating: Decent
I haven't noticed any real change to either my success or my fails, in regards to durability....
____________________________
I'm back, not to cause trouble. And anyone who knows the original Weedjedi.....please don't karma bomb me. Just saying.
I'm 20 now, more mature and less stupid. And the only reason I didn't use the original weedjedi is because I can't remember it's login details.
#31 Sep 29 2010 at 12:44 AM Rating: Decent
It's Just a Flesh Wound
******
22,699 posts
RayneZ wrote:
Slapaho wrote:
Also found out today that highly damaged feet makes you walk/run extremely slow. Extremely damaged hands make you swing your weapon very slow. This game is starting to suck to me :(


Is this true? I'm getting pretty fed up with all this crap they don't explain properly.


I don't remember walking any slower when all my armor went down to "heavily damaged".
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#32 Sep 29 2010 at 1:00 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
77 posts
i am having the opposite, i can finally craft at, lvl 14 armorer, bronze rings etc. my other jobs are crafting just normal.

sometimes you could have REALLY bad luck. it is a dice roll after all (basically)


what job are you guys all doing?
#33 Sep 29 2010 at 1:03 AM Rating: Default
Actually, I have noticed something occurring more often, when I fail a standard synth, I would usually see about a 3% gain in completion. Now, I either crit fail every time or they changed it to where a fail on standard = nothing. I also see a higher loss on a standard fail, usually around a 24-28 hit to durability.
____________________________
I'm back, not to cause trouble. And anyone who knows the original Weedjedi.....please don't karma bomb me. Just saying.
I'm 20 now, more mature and less stupid. And the only reason I didn't use the original weedjedi is because I can't remember it's login details.
#34 Sep 29 2010 at 1:06 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
191 posts
I think what is happening is they are just raising the levels of certain synths. I can still synth with standard like before and actually have increased quality gains now while using standard with a successful attempt. Two updates ago dyed sheep leather was raised considerably and now requires the GUILD tannery and not just a common tannery. This translates to failing this synth almost 40% of the time even at level 13 its insane.
____________________________


#35 Sep 29 2010 at 1:27 AM Rating: Decent
@Moxley That makes sense to me I am a rank 13 weaver and with common cloth shop access I noticed more failures tonight with hempen yarn and undyed hempen cloth synths which are low rank.


#36 Sep 29 2010 at 1:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
378 posts
It seems like SE wants to make crafting an arduous convoluted and terrible experience...

They are on track.

on that note, anyone want to sell me some undyed canvas cloth?
____________________________

Retainer: Ferthmart
FFXI: Ferth - Cerbereus Nee Hades Nee Leviathan.
#37 Sep 29 2010 at 1:38 AM Rating: Good
Yeah, they definitely changed something.

I just made my haubergeon the other night and went to repair it today about 4 hours ago...got this message:

"You decide to wait until you are more skilled to attempt that synthesis."

Seriously, are you kidding me?
I can put a **** suit of armor together but now I am too inexperienced to put a few rings back on it and touch it up?
Now I have to pay the repair NPC when it gets too low and I am afraid of how much that will be, Trappers Tunic is already about 20-27k repair fee...
____________________________
Nyla Dreshi - Istory 
Linkshell: Rebirth 
ARM-[22] / ALC-[15] / GLA-[15] / THM-[14] / Phys 30
#38 Sep 29 2010 at 2:20 AM Rating: Good
*
183 posts
Quote:
I noticed the same as everyone else. If the synth goes through, but doesn't list "Success!" at the end, you take a large durability hit, almost exactly the same number as a failed attempt. Even if it does list "success", i've still seen Standard giving durability loss. Heaven forbid you fail on a Bold synth, I had one durability hit reach 48 which is most definitely not normal on a recipe that's 8 levels under my rank.


I've had a 61 durability loss on a level 1 leve. I was not happy.
#39 Sep 29 2010 at 2:20 AM Rating: Decent
Maybe an optimal rank kind of bug isn't working as intended? Most everything in the game has an "optimal" level range, so I'm curious if in a sweep to balance and fix other possible exploits, they made local leves and lower rank synths more difficult for rank 10+ in the process. It makes no sense that a lower rank item would be harder for a higher rank character, but in an effort to curb possible leve abuse, maybe they nerfed it.

This is scaring me, since I was really looking forward to hitting the DoH classes hard on the 30th.
____________________________
FFXIV: Ponce Jones (Mysidia)

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=4055014
#40 Sep 29 2010 at 2:28 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
53 posts
Swagtronica the Lion Hearted wrote:
Yeah, they definitely changed something.

I just made my haubergeon the other night and went to repair it today about 4 hours ago...got this message:

"You decide to wait until you are more skilled to attempt that synthesis."

Seriously, are you kidding me?
I can put a **** suit of armor together but now I am too inexperienced to put a few rings back on it and touch it up?
Now I have to pay the repair NPC when it gets too low and I am afraid of how much that will be, Trappers Tunic is already about 20-27k repair fee...



Minimum level to attempt a craft is not the same level that is required to repair. From what i noticed if its a lvl 19 synth you can attempt at lvl 16. But for repairs you have to be 18 for a 19 item.

As for change since maintenance i have not noticed a single change (Lucky i guess)
#41 Sep 29 2010 at 2:40 AM Rating: Good
sadris wrote:
Swagtronica the Lion Hearted wrote:
Yeah, they definitely changed something.

I just made my haubergeon the other night and went to repair it today about 4 hours ago...got this message:

"You decide to wait until you are more skilled to attempt that synthesis."

Seriously, are you kidding me?
I can put a **** suit of armor together but now I am too inexperienced to put a few rings back on it and touch it up?
Now I have to pay the repair NPC when it gets too low and I am afraid of how much that will be, Trappers Tunic is already about 20-27k repair fee...



Minimum level to attempt a craft is not the same level that is required to repair. From what i noticed if its a lvl 19 synth you can attempt at lvl 16. But for repairs you have to be 18 for a 19 item.

As for change since maintenance i have not noticed a single change (Lucky i guess)


Ahhh, okay thank you.
I was seriously worried, however why can my level 8 goldsmith repair my brass gladius?
I think the brass gladius blade is 15+?, and Brass Gladius is 21+ Blacksmith.

This is so confusing and stupid.
____________________________
Nyla Dreshi - Istory 
Linkshell: Rebirth 
ARM-[22] / ALC-[15] / GLA-[15] / THM-[14] / Phys 30
#42 Sep 29 2010 at 2:50 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
53 posts
Swagtronica the Lion Hearted wrote:
sadris wrote:
Swagtronica the Lion Hearted wrote:
Yeah, they definitely changed something.

I just made my haubergeon the other night and went to repair it today about 4 hours ago...got this message:

"You decide to wait until you are more skilled to attempt that synthesis."

Seriously, are you kidding me?
I can put a **** suit of armor together but now I am too inexperienced to put a few rings back on it and touch it up?
Now I have to pay the repair NPC when it gets too low and I am afraid of how much that will be, Trappers Tunic is already about 20-27k repair fee...



Minimum level to attempt a craft is not the same level that is required to repair. From what i noticed if its a lvl 19 synth you can attempt at lvl 16. But for repairs you have to be 18 for a 19 item.

As for change since maintenance i have not noticed a single change (Lucky i guess)


Ahhh, okay thank you.
I was seriously worried, however why can my level 8 goldsmith repair my brass gladius?
I think the brass gladius blade is 15+?, and Brass Gladius is 21+ Blacksmith.

This is so confusing and stupid.



I was just giving a possible example on the levels. The important part is that there on a separate system to the best of my understanding. Doesn't mean im right :) . Also maybe it compounds with the type of item needed to repair with?


confusing or exciting?!

Edited, Sep 29th 2010 4:50am by sadris
#43 Sep 29 2010 at 6:31 AM Rating: Decent
**
589 posts
I havent had/notice any problems last night. I even made stuff that was above my rank without fails. I also never ever ever(did I say ever?) use anything other then rapid unless I'm using HQ mats, add to that I have preserve. Have we decied on what control perception magic crafting + output, stats, resistances etc mean when crafting? I have a good amount of mine in mage stats and 60+ to wind. I dont recall breaking more then 15ish syns ever (rings anyone?. I know I get lucky on those rapids alot when my dura is low.

Also, I will wait out my synth untill my crystal is white again at all cost unless I'm like under 10% to complete

Edited, Sep 29th 2010 8:41am by nonameoflevi
#44 Sep 29 2010 at 8:21 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
149 posts
I did some BS work this morning and the only thing I noticed was that there were a lot more random/flux colors and also standard success was losing a lot more durability than before. I only failed 1/8 synths though, and that was the first one I did. Once I adjusted a little, it wasn't that big of a deal. I used to do a couple bolds towards the end to get quality up, but now it seems like you get more quality on a standard synth, so the bold isn't necessary at the end, so really it just saves time and makes the crafting go faster. :)
#45 Sep 29 2010 at 8:56 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,214 posts
It appears that control and craftsmanship now play a more significant role. I am assuming that SE is trying to say (in their silly not saying anything sort of way) Stop crafting in your skivvies.

I started having issues where one leve (same exact craft) I succeeded every craft, another leve, I failed 3 out of 4 times. I even did 1 synth from the failed leve to start, then switched to the other (which I then succeeded every time with), then switched back tot he other one, failed, succeeded (by 2 durability) and then failed again (with 7% progress).

The way that I was failing appears to be control related. Craftsmanship appears (this is based off of ~500 synths) to influence increase in quality and decrease in durability. Control seems to influence success over failure.

The other thing I noticed was that after the open beta durability loss was increased (from ~20 to ~30 for standard, ~30 to ~50 for rapid, and ~30 to ~70 for Bold, bold may be higher, but I have never lost more than 67 durability on a stable synth... Unstable synths do not appear to have a limit to their durability loss).

Yesterday (and this was only with ~20 synths) the amount of loss did not seem to increase (I was still getting 20-30 for my standard ceiling, and I got 45 once on a bold), what did increase is the chance of failure, and the amount of progress and quality gained in a failure. Even with Tender Touch, I could lose ~15 durability, but I would gain zero progress or quality. I never had so many failures that resulted in zero progress gain in a row.
The above mentioned Hora synth, I literally lost 67 durability in 3 standard synth attempts (15, 25, 27), and gained exactly 2% progress. Very frustrating, however, I know that I don't have good crafting gear (though I got the hora synth as a lvl 10, and I am lvl 10).

I had assumed that synth support would give me enough control and craftsmanship, however, yeah, no. I probably should have tried guild level support rather than basic (I was at a repair person).

Anyways, I am going to try and get my three remaining peices of synth gear tonight and try again (if I can), and will try and post my findings, however, based on how the failures are happening, I am quite sure everyone who doesn't notice a difference is wearing synth gear, and people who do not see the difference are not (and are probably not wearing any gear).
#46 Sep 29 2010 at 10:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
what did increase is the chance of failure


I noticed this as well. Not a huge increase but it was noticable. I craft with control+ gear so I would imagine without any gear it would be a pretty big increase.
#47 Sep 29 2010 at 11:53 AM Rating: Good
*
62 posts
rfolkker wrote:
It appears that control and craftsmanship now play a more significant role. I am assuming that SE is trying to say (in their silly not saying anything sort of way) Stop crafting in your skivvies.


Perhaps that's why I saw no change.
If anything, I'm noticing Bold is succeeding far more often for me. I had maybe 8 synths were Bold worked 80%+ (they were low level, however...and the element had to be stable).
#48 Sep 29 2010 at 12:13 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
*
205 posts
Ahh, so they increased the importance of having more control? looks like its time for me to seach for control+ gear. And a undyed canvas cloth...I really need a undyed canvas cloth.
#49 Sep 29 2010 at 3:38 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
8,779 posts
where would one obtain this +control gear? i havent seen any out there, but then again, ive hardly seen any gear at all anywhere.
____________________________
Quote:
The thing about me is that apparently it's very hard to tell when I'm drunk. So I feel like I'm walking sideways on a UFO and everyone else sees me doing the robot like a pro.
- MojoVIII
i have bathed in the blood of many. my life was spent well.
feral druids do it on all fours.
The One True Prophet of Tonkism.

http://therewillbebrawl.com/
#50 Sep 29 2010 at 3:44 PM Rating: Decent
Quor wrote:
where would one obtain this +control gear? i havent seen any out there, but then again, ive hardly seen any gear at all anywhere.


You can find it here and there. A bunch of the entry level hempen pieces (not the stuff you start with, the rank 3-5ish stuff you can make with weaver) has it, along with craftsmanship/magic craftsmanship, gathering, etc. etc. I have a real basic hempen set for my character...if nothing else, it's a break from the onion helm and dark starter stuff :P

ON a side note, he who produces dye shall be king. I was making some taupe sheep leather dye last night and all of a sudden I was the most popular person in U'dah.

Thasrite. Bow. Now.
#51 Sep 29 2010 at 3:45 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
378 posts
Coifs and half gloves add control and can be equipped by all classes. I've seen precious few so I took up weaver just so i could make my own crafting gear... Hempen doublets... are ungodly complex.
____________________________

Retainer: Ferthmart
FFXI: Ferth - Cerbereus Nee Hades Nee Leviathan.
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)