Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Anyone have a successful group grinding experience?Follow

#1 Sep 29 2010 at 1:29 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
216 posts
Have any of you had a successful group grinding experience yet? By successful, I mean you got more XP than if you had soloed.

I just got out of another "failed" group attempt. I gathered 4 other people to try and take on some Aldgoat Nanny out in La Noscea. Most of the people were level 10s. As a level 12, the goats conned IT to me. I attempted to solo one. I was able to do about 10% damage, but the goat hit me for around 230, which quickly lead to me fleeing as I knew I was going to have to heal way too often to be able to kill it. I thought it would have been easily doable in a group, so I went searching for more members.

I was looking for lvl 10-14s and got mostly lvl 10s. I was aiming for 4 people total, but since everyone was lvl 10 except me and the only "tank" we had was at 600 HP, I accepted a lvl 16 archer into the group to make 5 of us. We got to the goats and they conned easy prey to us. They rewarded about 250 phys xp and would give me between 90-300 skill (I spent most of my time healing). I solo dodos for about 400-500 phys XP (I'm currently lvl 15 phys on this character) and often 150-250 skill.

So far, my experience with grouping has been awful. Most of the time I should have just been flying solo as I would have gained more XP. So this is why I ask you to leave your experiences, so we can all start finding these places. Where did you group up? What did you kill? How many people did you bring?
#2 Sep 29 2010 at 1:32 AM Rating: Good
***
1,888 posts
TheLufia wrote:
So far, my experience with grouping has been awful.


It's broken and pointless, at least in the starter zones.
____________________________
Reiginsei, San'doria Rank 8 Hume Male.
75RDM/75NIN/69BLM59PLD
[5/5 Duellist 01/17/08][4/5 Koga][0/5 Valor][CoP+RotZ]
Linkshells:
Europa/Wabbits/OmegaStoleMyBike
#3 Sep 29 2010 at 1:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
85 posts
Group experience definitely needs improving to make it worth while. The only succesful group I've had, if you can count a duo as a group that is, was at the giant crabs yesterday. Both level 16 rank, Thaumaturge and Gladiator, the experience felt better than soloing for both of us. I don't know if it's because I'm soloing the wrong mobs though. I can't seem to find anything that decent in Limsa atm. Roughly getting 180 rank exp per mob, 350ish as a duo
#4 Sep 29 2010 at 1:36 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,888 posts
To be more constructive: http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?game=268&mid=128567992015008855&page=1

____________________________
Reiginsei, San'doria Rank 8 Hume Male.
75RDM/75NIN/69BLM59PLD
[5/5 Duellist 01/17/08][4/5 Koga][0/5 Valor][CoP+RotZ]
Linkshells:
Europa/Wabbits/OmegaStoleMyBike
#5 Sep 29 2010 at 1:37 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
I've tried a couple groups also and yes, at this point in the game its so easy and efficient to solo (even regional leves) that other people are likely just going to slow you down.
____________________________

Melaahna Valiera
#6 Sep 29 2010 at 1:38 AM Rating: Good
**
602 posts
You also need to remember this, you might be getting less exp per mob but more per hour. Also you get so many items from mobs to sell/keep. Your armor also takes less damage in a group so you can be out their longer with better gear. All in all it depends what lvl group you have and wheir your fighting. Give it some time their will be some guides out their for what lvl groups to fight in what areas.
____________________________
BANNED

#7 Sep 29 2010 at 1:39 AM Rating: Good
**
588 posts
Its faster to find a cave ad solo the moles and fireflys grps are clunky time wasting voids of time that dont accomplish much yet. it wouldnt be so bad if they balanced the mobs in tiers like ffxi its a new game blah blah but it has a solid predacessor ther eis no reason they had to go back to drawing board completely disregarding a good template to draw ideas from in the FFXI game and its addons. Sure blatant copies is lame but they could have added more then 3 quests and 5 monter models and some leveling spots that are not just long empty hallways to nowhere...
____________________________


Cornyboob Funnyname Wutai Phys 50 Conj 49 Weaver 49 LW 34 Alch 28 Pug 22 Archer 20 Glad 19 Thaum 20 GS 11 Bot 9 Miner 8 Shield 44 Maur 3

#8 Sep 29 2010 at 1:40 AM Rating: Decent
**
322 posts
I've grouped just fine, I've also solo grinded just fine. Hit 22 Gladiator today.
#9 Sep 29 2010 at 1:42 AM Rating: Good
**
588 posts
The hardest part is you cant see a monsters level to even decide what a good spot is the color coding system is useless ther eis no balance you go from all too easy to bother to too hard to solo in an instant. Respawn rated need increased by at least 300%
____________________________


Cornyboob Funnyname Wutai Phys 50 Conj 49 Weaver 49 LW 34 Alch 28 Pug 22 Archer 20 Glad 19 Thaum 20 GS 11 Bot 9 Miner 8 Shield 44 Maur 3

#10 Sep 29 2010 at 1:45 AM Rating: Decent
**
263 posts
I'm a LNC18 now, I group with a tank, who heals himself, and a healer. I feel like we can take on stuff that would be impossible otherwise.
When stuff gets harder, you'll start to see the advantages of having a designated tank and healer. Survival tools like subbed bloodbath/second wind are not going to mean anything against harder stuff. I doubt a group of ragtag 3x damage dealers could ever kill a orange con mob in party.

I should add that, the exp is good as killing stuff slow is fine in this game; just means more skill ups.

Edited, Sep 29th 2010 3:46am by sylph19
#11 Sep 29 2010 at 1:46 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
216 posts
I can chain kill dodos as a conjurer. I don't have any down time and I kill dodos about as quickly as we killed the goats. The only problem with killing dodos in terms of XP per hour is that they're overcamped and hard to find. The goats probably would have been better XP over time due to the fact no one else was out there killing them, but that's the only reason.

It seems to me that if I'm going to find a successful group, it's going to be a small one consisting of 2-4 people. It seems like 5+ people is overkill.

Quote:
I've grouped just fine, I've also solo grinded just fine. Hit 22 Gladiator today.


Why bother posting this if you aren't going to answer what I asked?

"Where did you group up? What did you kill? How many people did you bring?"

This isn't meant as a complaint topic. This is meant to find places to efficiently grind and no one seems to be willing to help, even the ones claiming they've done it.
#12 Sep 29 2010 at 1:49 AM Rating: Good
*
90 posts
TheLufia wrote:
Have any of you had a successful group grinding experience yet? By successful, I mean you got more XP than if you had soloed.

I just got out of another "failed" group attempt. I gathered 4 other people to try and take on some Aldgoat Nanny out in La Noscea. Most of the people were level 10s. As a level 12, the goats conned IT to me. I attempted to solo one. I was able to do about 10% damage, but the goat hit me for around 230, which quickly lead to me fleeing as I knew I was going to have to heal way too often to be able to kill it. I thought it would have been easily doable in a group, so I went searching for more members.

I was looking for lvl 10-14s and got mostly lvl 10s. I was aiming for 4 people total, but since everyone was lvl 10 except me and the only "tank" we had was at 600 HP, I accepted a lvl 16 archer into the group to make 5 of us. We got to the goats and they conned easy prey to us. They rewarded about 250 phys xp and would give me between 90-300 skill (I spent most of my time healing). I solo dodos for about 400-500 phys XP (I'm currently lvl 15 phys on this character) and often 150-250 skill.

So far, my experience with grouping has been awful. Most of the time I should have just been flying solo as I would have gained more XP. So this is why I ask you to leave your experiences, so we can all start finding these places. Where did you group up? What did you kill? How many people did you bring?




See now this is a thread worth watching buuuuut..... it will probably get burried since it doesnt have naked mithras or people over the internet screaming at each other.

Ill give it a shot though. Before somebody spilled coffee on the servers i had a similar grp to you. Same target same area. We did have a Glad to tank for us though and i think we had 7 or 8 members all over 9 but under 12. Other then the goat getting bugged and making the fight waaaaaaaaaaaay longer then it really should of been we were taking down about 1 every 30 to 45 secs after engaging. Also the tank died twice b/c of that kick back move. It can do some serious damage. Id say IF we had gotten that party off the ground it would of been really nice i was averaging 250 arch skill per kill/dont really care how much phys but i think it was 300. I think you gotta take a look at a per/hr ratio then per mob. The benifit of partying is how fast you can kill a mob not neccesarilly how much xp its giving you. Regretably after about 20 mins our whole server crashed and went offline. Needless to say i didnt get to see how good that party would of been but it was looking promising

Also a good tank makes or breaks the party honestly. Im not sure but i think that the rams charge move can be dodged much like the puks backflip move can be simply by moving behind it when it readies the move. Alot of people are still catching on to this. If they are from FFXI its new(was new to me) and is a change for SE. In XI it didnt matter at all you position relative to the mob (other then thf) but in this game it would seem it means alot.
#13 Sep 29 2010 at 1:50 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
191 posts
I've had success in group grinding NOT doing leves like the developer suggests. Specifically the Nanny goats. Fast exp and faster skill ups then leve quests at the time.

Edit: Have a gladiator for the goats other wise don't bother.

Edited, Sep 29th 2010 3:51am by Moxley
____________________________


#14 Sep 29 2010 at 1:52 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,888 posts
Moxley wrote:
I've had success in group grinding NOT doing leves like the developer suggests. Specifically the Nanny goats. Fast exp and faster skill ups then leve quests at the time.

Edit: Have a gladiator for the goats other wise don't bother.

Edited, Sep 29th 2010 3:51am by Moxley


At what levels? PT Set up?

If we can get some details down there can be at least a compilation of basic info for beginners. Might be more useful than the 100,000 maintenance posts that have been on here.

____________________________
Reiginsei, San'doria Rank 8 Hume Male.
75RDM/75NIN/69BLM59PLD
[5/5 Duellist 01/17/08][4/5 Koga][0/5 Valor][CoP+RotZ]
Linkshells:
Europa/Wabbits/OmegaStoleMyBike
#15 Sep 29 2010 at 1:54 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
cornyboob wrote:
The hardest part is you cant see a monsters level to even decide what a good spot is the color coding system is useless ther eis no balance you go from all too easy to bother to too hard to solo in an instant. Respawn rated need increased by at least 300%

This is true too. The 'blue' mobs are basically Too Weak but 'red' could mean anything from 'possible to solo if youre smart' to 'NFW, go somewhere else'. Its impossible to Gauge, er i mean tell.
____________________________

Melaahna Valiera
#16 Sep 29 2010 at 1:55 AM Rating: Good
Trio on Nanny Goats.

GLD 13 (me), CON 11, CON 11.

Both Conjures hit 12, and one said she was halfway through 12.
We only partied for an hour and things were slow because a large party of about 5-7 came and basically camped on top of us.
I averaged about 360 Sword a fight and 237 Shield a fight.
The fights picked up a lot once the CONs got the DoT/Debuff spells.
____________________________
Nyla Dreshi - Istory 
Linkshell: Rebirth 
ARM-[22] / ALC-[15] / GLA-[15] / THM-[14] / Phys 30
#17 Sep 29 2010 at 1:58 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
191 posts
Hmm I can't be positive of everyones levels but it was a group of 4 which didn't even seem optimal and it still worked.

2 gladiators one was 14 I think the other 12. I was 12 pugilist but higher physical level probably 17 or even 18, and we either had a THM or CON who also was around 12ish.

The Nanny goat fights range from easy to oh **** (beserk used early). If that happens you will need to off tank for the gladiator but we never had a death just some really close calls. I think an ideal set up would be 1 healer 1 gladiator and 2-3 dmg dealers one being able to off tank.
____________________________


#18 Sep 29 2010 at 2:00 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,888 posts
Swagtronica the Lion Hearted wrote:
Trio on Nanny Goats.

GLD 13 (me), CON 11, CON 11.

Both Conjures hit 12, and one said she was halfway through 12.
We only partied for an hour and things were slow because a large party of about 5-7 came and basically camped on top of us.
I averaged about 360 Sword a fight and 237 Shield a fight.
The fights picked up a lot once the CONs got the DoT/Debuff spells.


So, PT is looking like 12+? That would make sense of the jump in mob strength in Thanalan for the most part.

I'm only concerned about the rediculous damage these mobs can do and the difficulty some healers have with single target spells.
____________________________
Reiginsei, San'doria Rank 8 Hume Male.
75RDM/75NIN/69BLM59PLD
[5/5 Duellist 01/17/08][4/5 Koga][0/5 Valor][CoP+RotZ]
Linkshells:
Europa/Wabbits/OmegaStoleMyBike
#19 Sep 29 2010 at 2:01 AM Rating: Excellent
*
227 posts
Swagtronica the Lion Hearted wrote:
Trio on Nanny Goats.


Seconded. Actually we were in a larger party, about 5, fighting nanny goats by camp bloodshore for fun. I was surprised to see at the end of the fight I racked up about 400-500 skill points.

The chat log was interesting too, wish I saved it... in my xp/sp summary, it listed my sp 4 times. I'm thinking I got points for: Damage, AOE heals, AOE buffs, and enfeebling.

Definately needs more testing. I just wish there was a better system like FFXI's where you could just take X party to Y camp.
____________________________
Astral Descent Homepage
#20 Sep 29 2010 at 2:05 AM Rating: Good
OneFromSilverLight wrote:
Swagtronica the Lion Hearted wrote:
Trio on Nanny Goats.

GLD 13 (me), CON 11, CON 11.

Both Conjures hit 12, and one said she was halfway through 12.
We only partied for an hour and things were slow because a large party of about 5-7 came and basically camped on top of us.
I averaged about 360 Sword a fight and 237 Shield a fight.
The fights picked up a lot once the CONs got the DoT/Debuff spells.


So, PT is looking like 12+? That would make sense of the jump in mob strength in Thanalan for the most part.

I'm only concerned about the rediculous damage these mobs can do and the difficulty some healers have with single target spells.


Yeah, the amount of damage dealt can be crippling.
Shield up, Rampart on and 117+ Def, nannys were head butting me for 283 w/o zerk 389-441 with zerk.
It was a bit insane, glad I pumped my stats into VIT mostly, that 1K+ HP came in handy with the heals.
Also I noticed even after provoking and countering with Phalanx, once the smallest mage used her spirit dart the goat would turn to her and stand running. Not sure if enmity is screwy or what but, no way should that pull it off after those two actions.
____________________________
Nyla Dreshi - Istory 
Linkshell: Rebirth 
ARM-[22] / ALC-[15] / GLA-[15] / THM-[14] / Phys 30
#21 Sep 29 2010 at 2:10 AM Rating: Excellent
*
211 posts
I tried trio'ing nanny goats a couple of times with some linkshell buddies, and it seemed to go pretty well. Not sure if the exp was better or worse than solo, but I did get exp, and I had fun, so I'm content with the experience. I of course would love to see SE put more emphasis on party play, but even if they don't, I'll still do it for the fun.

I played healer as a conjurer btw, and I think I was 12-13 or so, while the other two melee chars were 13-14 I believe.

And I want to mention, that while I do miss the strong emphasis on full party gameplay of FFXI, I do like the idea of party numbers being flexible, so that parties can be 2-6 people and still be effective, instead of 6 or bust... Solo'ing isn't really what I want to do for exp, but I don't mind doing crafting and gathering and such solo.

Also, I don't care how much exp I get in parties. I get tons of it from said crafting and gathering... It's the rank points that are important imo.
____________________________
PvR fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KYqooGHd2g




#22 Sep 29 2010 at 2:29 AM Rating: Decent
**
602 posts
last night we had a healer, ME as tank lvl 18 PGL, lvl 12 pgl, 16 LNC. We were killing Crabs in LL and at one of the little towers we killed Raiders that were their as well. After about an hour we killed all the crabs in one area. We had to wait 5 min for them to repop. At times we were taking on 2 at a time.. love those aoe's.

Note: after party split up was walking back and a party of 2 were killed by the Raider. They had it down to 10% i walked over and killed it. I was surprised to get 200 SP and 600 exp for it. I fore see this as being a way to lvl low lvl jobs faster. I'm sure people have figured out this glitch. All you need is a high lvl to att a dodo ( or a mob your friend can kill) get health low run mob will dissengage and your buddie (who is not in your party) attacks it for fast exp and some rank points. From this method you get fast exp but not fast Rank Points.
____________________________
BANNED

#23 Sep 29 2010 at 2:39 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
188 posts
I'm having an extremely difficult time finding mobs that are consistent to grind.

I'm a rank 12 gladiator, using a rank 9 dagger, and my only piece of armor are the copper barbut, sheepskin harness, and sheepskin gloves. Haven't been able to get a shield yet.

The only mobs I can find that I can kill efficiently are green/blue ones and they give me wildly random SP. One time they'll give me 200, the next they'll give me 0. It's really frustrating, makes me not want to play.
#24 Sep 29 2010 at 2:39 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
764 posts
Friend and I went form rank 3-10 in about 1 1/2 hours in a LL cave and we regularly grind together to fight tougher or more damaging enemies so they go down faster when solo we may not have been able to. The only enemy proven tough is cactuars since a string of misses = thousand needles which is hard to dodge.

Grouping for leveling in small groups at least is fine, just don't go picking on weak enemies. For larger groups I am not sure outside of guildleves (my ls does rank 20 leve runs daily even when we are way below that rank <.< usually 5-8 people).

My problem more than anything else is finding a grinding spot.

Mykha, get a shield makes glad WAY better. Maybe try nab second wind from getting pug to rank 6 too which takes no time at all, then at about 10 try fighting dodo's and side stepping their breath attacks. I was getting 400-500 sp a kill on my pug, if they are too hard group up with someone of similar rank (or do that anyways).

Problem with shields is everyone tries to price gouge with them right now...seen them for 10k recently though, which shouldn't be hard to get.

Edited, Sep 29th 2010 4:42am by Silverwyrm
____________________________


#25 Sep 29 2010 at 2:45 AM Rating: Good
FYI for nanny Goats I suggest taking a Archer they have a skill at level 12 that removes a enhancement affect of a mob. Not sure if any other class has this but I group as Glad / Archer / Conj ( Im the archer) I can remove zerk and we get Awesome xp and never have an issue.
____________________________
"Reason itself is fallible, and this fallibility must find a place in our logic."
-Nicola Abbagnano-
#26 Sep 30 2010 at 12:01 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
216 posts
Bumping this topic. Can anyone suggest something for levels 15+?

Before the server went offline, I was in a 15 Galdiator/14 Con/14 Con group killing Aldgoat. The XP didn't seem all that spectacular, but the Aldgoat were appearing as EP to us. We killed a few EM crabs, though the other two seemed reluctant to keep killing those (granted, they were slow kills and were probably rewarding less phys xp over time). I wanted to keep killing crabs since I think longer fights are better than shorter fights for skill XP simply because you spend less time running around finding an enemy to kill. The only slight issue was that crabs did more damage, thus put more strain on both our MP pool to heal.

I suggested us go check out what enemies conned to us in Casseopeia Hollow, but they didn't want to. I went down there right after the group and noticed a level 21 conjurer soloing Casseopeia down there, which made me wonder if we could have taken some on.

Is there anyone on Rabanastre that is adventurous (aka doesn't give a crap if you die trying to find mobs to grind) and wants to group up with me? I'm a 14 conjurer right now, about 1/3rd of the way to 15. I sit around Bloodshore in La Noscea shouting for groups, but almost never get a response. It doesn't help that most of the people there are crafters, and there's typically only 10-15 people around the crystal. Everyone is still stuck on bearded rock and skull valley.
#27 Sep 30 2010 at 12:21 PM Rating: Decent
**
518 posts
In my experience and what i've seen within my LS, you'll do the best skill(who gives a **** about XP)per hour duo or trio'n mobs.

The closer, and in turn less skill points(~150-200 per mob) you can duo with x2 DD. The higher level, and more skill points(200-300) you'll need to trio and i'd recomend tank/DD/mage, tank don't have to be glad just someone to taunt/voke ect...

Past 20 I can't help you, but i'd say 15+ duo on goats till ~17 or 18 depending on jobs than move to crabs till ~20. If you want to do them earlier you'll need to trio. Then again there is always the solo option. Just not sure what is faster in this game.
#28 Sep 30 2010 at 12:29 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
TheLufia wrote:

Is there anyone on Rabanastre that is adventurous (aka doesn't give a crap if you die trying to find mobs to grind) and wants to group up with me? I'm a 14 conjurer right now, about 1/3rd of the way to 15. I sit around Bloodshore in La Noscea shouting for groups, but almost never get a response. It doesn't help that most of the people there are crafters, and there's typically only 10-15 people around the crystal. Everyone is still stuck on bearded rock and skull valley.


I am a 17 con... but yeah I'd be up for partying sometime. you'll prolly catch up fast.

My LS does a lot of dinking around - doing leves on hardmode etc. We have some really good folks. You would prolly be welcome to join up if you don't already have one. Also I'm willing to make a shield for the wind crystals, and 1K if you get me the bronze plate.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 11:30am by Olorinus
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#29 Sep 30 2010 at 12:51 PM Rating: Decent
*
242 posts
I have had some awesome group grinding experiences, often getting in excess of 6k xp / hour (without exploiting at all).

I level with a guy who writes a leveling guide. He's always experimenting with new zones / leveling areas / mobs to grind. We've found some pretty successful spots, and tanked a couple of times. Nice to grind with someone who investigates what they're doing.

Did Jellyfish last night for hours and hours, getting good XP.
____________________________


#30 Sep 30 2010 at 1:05 PM Rating: Default
**
518 posts
JayRams wrote:
I have had some awesome group grinding experiences, often getting in excess of 6k xp / hour (without exploiting at all).

I level with a guy who writes a leveling guide. He's always experimenting with new zones / leveling areas / mobs to grind. We've found some pretty successful spots, and tanked a couple of times. Nice to grind with someone who investigates what they're doing.

Did Jellyfish last night for hours and hours, getting good XP.




are you talking about skill points, or XP points? cause they are independent of each other. I don't give a @#%^ if you phys level is skyrocketing while you are still a rank 15 what ever.

If you talking about netting 6k skill points per hour than i wanna know where and what you killing.

P.S.S

Also love how you link a guy selling a guide to get to 50 max gil and do all this **** and the game has been out for about a week now. He knows as much as the rest of us....gent bent!


Edited, Sep 30th 2010 1:08pm by EzellLangor
#31 Sep 30 2010 at 1:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
216 posts
I'm a little disheartened at hearing people getting only 3000-6000 XP per hour. 5000 XP per hour was considered good in FFXI. To hear that we're getting the same amount in a game where the XP to level is considerably greater isn't music to my ears.

If I were getting 6k XP at level 14, that would put me at just over 50% of the way to 15. Two hours for just one level in the teens? I can't imagine how long it's gonna take when we get into the 40s.
#32 Sep 30 2010 at 1:11 PM Rating: Decent
**
518 posts
TheLufia wrote:
I'm a little disheartened at hearing people getting only 3000-6000 XP per hour. 5000 XP per hour was considered good in FFXI. To hear that we're getting the same amount in a game where the XP to level is considerably greater isn't music to my ears.

If I were getting 6k XP at level 14, that would put me at just over 50% of the way to 15. Two hours for just one level in the teens? I can't imagine how long it's gonna take when we get into the 40s.



We need to make the differnce between skill and Xp, there is a difference. If you are grinding mobs for physical(XP) level you are doing it wrong and should stop playing right now cause you are retarded.

We're talking about skill(rank) points. Where to get the best rank points.
#33 Sep 30 2010 at 1:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
216 posts
I know what we're talking about and I'm talking about skill XP. It takes 11k skill XP to hit rank 15. If he's only getting 6k physical XP, then that means he's probably getting much less skill XP, considering phys XP comes in larger quantity. So either way it doesn't sound good, but I'm gonna assume he was talking about skill XP.
#34 Sep 30 2010 at 1:24 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
22 congrats!
#35 Sep 30 2010 at 1:40 PM Rating: Decent
12 posts
I found group exp to be higher per hour than solo exp, and it's more fun as well, imo.

We did adgoat nannys with 4 people, had a 15 conj, 13 lnc (me), 12 arc and 14 mau. SP per kill averaged 15ish, but we killed them so fast, that I ended up getting about 4k in a little over an hour. Seemed pretty good to me, though tbh I haven't done much soloing.

CNJ/THM can probably get as much soloing as grouped, but not sure about the other classes. Also remains to be seen what happens as we go up in level, as one person already mentioned.
#36 Sep 30 2010 at 1:51 PM Rating: Good
*
242 posts
Quote:
are you talking about skill points, or XP points? cause they are independent of each other. I don't give a @#%^ if you phys level is skyrocketing while you are still a rank 15 what ever.

If you talking about netting 6k skill points per hour than i wanna know where and what you killing.


I am talking about 6k conjurer skill points per hour, and that was with rank 3 surplus. My friend, whose surplus had already reset, was getting closer to 7k.

If you want to know where and what I'm killing, you probably shouldn't tell me to "gent bent." My buddies and I spend the time investigating camps and working together based on our combined skills. I'm not keen on sharing the fruits of the labor with rude folks.
____________________________


#37 Sep 30 2010 at 1:52 PM Rating: Decent
*
52 posts
actually i just hit lvl 12 yesterday and wandered off into camp drybone near uldah. some of the mobs were kinda tough getting passed, but once i got there i was able to group up with 2 others, and was able to grind out exp a bit more efficiently that i would have solo. my suggestion is to try the party matching system and see what comes up. if not, just ask around.
#38 Sep 30 2010 at 2:12 PM Rating: Default
**
518 posts
JayRams wrote:
Quote:
are you talking about skill points, or XP points? cause they are independent of each other. I don't give a @#%^ if you phys level is skyrocketing while you are still a rank 15 what ever.

If you talking about netting 6k skill points per hour than i wanna know where and what you killing.


I am talking about 6k conjurer skill points per hour, and that was with rank 3 surplus. My friend, whose surplus had already reset, was getting closer to 7k.

If you want to know where and what I'm killing, you probably shouldn't tell me to "gent bent." My buddies and I spend the time investigating camps and working together based on our combined skills. I'm not keen on sharing the fruits of the labor with rude folks.



You're right, i'll just buy your uncompleted guide
#39 Sep 30 2010 at 2:50 PM Rating: Good
*
242 posts
Quote:

You're right, i'll just buy your uncompleted guide


It's not my guide, it's an acquaintance's guide. And for the group of people who would want a guide, it's being completed at a much faster pace than they'll need.

Anyhow, I successfully group for in excess of 6k for sustained periods of time. So for the thread's topic, again I reiterate that I've had several very successful group grinding experiences. :)
____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 24 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (24)