EDIT: Thought, I should note that I really do love SE, even though I know they don't love me back.
So SE has added even more hidden stats. I'd rather have a number than a star-code system.
I am pretty sure the SE dev process breaks down like this:
1) Concept (This step is easy, It's final fantasy, dragon quest or "Square-Enix made that game? I thought they only did Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest") 2 days
2) Story (Drop a lot of acid and write down what ever your "heart-mind" hears from the "life-stream") 4-5 trips
3) Graphics (Maybe if we make it pretty enough people will forget that they could never like this one nearly as much as anything before FF X.) Design and generation: 20,000 man-hours // Optimization: Lolwut?
4) Music (Can we get Nubuo to do it? no?...=(...maybe just one track?) Nobuo: As much time as he needs // Anyone else: Who cares?
5) Gameplay (Reinvent everything!(read: the wheel) [Ed. Note: http://www.captainsquid.com/go/UniqueDemotivator.jpg]) 6 months to develop, 2.5 years to explain
Most companies would be ready for release right now, but not SE, they have an extra special last step!
6) Cram as much random, hidden BS into the game as possible and don't tell anyone about it. What do you think they are doing during all that time they try to explain their ridiculous new gameplay mechanics? Edited, Sep 30th 2010 12:26am by alexonfyre Edited, Sep 30th 2010 12:26am by alexonfyre