Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

RE: "its not the game its your pc"Follow

#1 Sep 29 2010 at 10:19 PM Rating: Decent
**
519 posts
okay alot of ppl complain about massive lag and load times when zoning ect. the common responce is "its not the game its your pc"

a few times now ive been on right after maintenance

im running on the extreme low end.. core i7 1.3ghz, gforce 230m, 4gig ddr 3 ram laptop. its an hp. can u play it site says i cant even play. but i can on decent settings i just lag alot

but i know now 100% proof positive its NOT my laptop its the GAME contrary to what hundreds of posts say.. my proof is this

the last two maintenances i logged on right when maintenance ended. i was able to play perfectly 0 lag monsters showed up immediatly on map as did people. when fishing or mining the icon stopped when i hit the button not 2 seconds later. crafting loaded fast..

after 3+ hours when everyone has logged back on im back to my several second lag horrible crafting lag. impossible to fish or mine correctly lag. monsters and players take 30 sec to 2 minits to load when im running around. aka it appears nothing is there but if i stand still eventually the white and yellow dots on minimap start popping up


this is all 100% without a doubt server/game related and has nothing to do with my laptop..

it also seems to me they capped the send/recieve very low. almost like at 56k for ffxi......

i think this is the culprit. i have 10mbps internet connec i can recieve and send much more info then the game is allowing..

and on top of all that. monitering resources. even during extreme lag ffxiv is using less then half to 1 gig of ram and 10 to 15% cpu.. this also cant be blamed on my laptop. its the game


so just a heads up to everyone who thinks they need to invest $1000 in upgrades to play.. ITS NOT YOU ITS THE GAME THATS BROKEN



Edited, Sep 29th 2010 11:40pm by Galkaholics
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#2 Sep 29 2010 at 10:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
135 posts
While you are right on the server part you are wrong on the "it can't be my laptop" part.

When you are "alone" and noone else is around you your video card does not need to render additional people around you because well, they aren't there.

Also I would think (someone who knows how MMO's work would know better) but I am assuming that the server is also continuously sending you data that player X, Y and Z are moving towards you while players A, B, C are moving away from you. The more players on means more information is being sent to your PC which means your CPU would have to work harder to try and keep up.

Just my $0.02 and I could be completely wrong but meh..
#3 Sep 29 2010 at 10:23 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Its still your PC...
____________________________
MUTED
#4 Sep 29 2010 at 10:25 PM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
as i said the cpu hasnt gone past 15% even once unless im multi tasking. if its just ffxiv it only uses avg 10% cpu with or without lag
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#5 Sep 29 2010 at 10:28 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
135 posts
Try updating your drivers?

Out of my quad Usually 1 is around 70% usage, and the other three bounce between 30% and 50%

Didn't check RAM.. if 4 GIGS isn't enough..

>.>
<.<
#6 Sep 29 2010 at 10:31 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
377 posts
You have 230m, buy a laptop with a gaming GPU.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

Need to be in the top 30 to run this game well.
#7 Sep 29 2010 at 10:32 PM Rating: Good
*
71 posts
XellossM wrote:
You have 230m, buy a laptop with a gaming GPU.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

Need to be in the top 30 to run this game well.


Mine is number 121 and I run it fine with candy turned off.
#8 Sep 29 2010 at 10:32 PM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
Tanstalas1 wrote:
While you are right on the server part you are wrong on the "it can't be my laptop" part.

When you are "alone" and noone else is around you your video card does not need to render additional people around you because well, they aren't there.

Also I would think (someone who knows how MMO's work would know better) but I am assuming that the server is also continuously sending you data that player X, Y and Z are moving towards you while players A, B, C are moving away from you. The more players on means more information is being sent to your PC which means your CPU would have to work harder to try and keep up.

Just my $0.02 and I could be completely wrong but meh..


this would make sence if it were true. but no i have been "alone" farming with no one else in sight and i still have the massive lag i can say this with confidence as i am a 15 fisher and have traveled to places no one else is within 1000yalms from and i still get the fishing lag when servers full but not after a restart
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#9Galkaholics, Posted: Sep 29 2010 at 10:38 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) looks like you saw 230m and did the standard "go spend $1000+" responce.. and didnt read my post entirely
#10 Sep 29 2010 at 10:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
751 posts
Im running a pretty powerful gaming rig and the only lag that i get is NPC vendor lag.

I therefore conlude that it is almost certainly your PC. I have a laptop as well which lags terribly - so bad that the only thing I do on my laptop is craft. Shortly after maintenence it seems a bit better, but my rig is fine all the time.

Dont know why it happens that way, but it does!
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#11 Sep 29 2010 at 11:03 PM Rating: Default
**
269 posts
Dude its your laptop because it aint as good as a pc.
____________________________
MUTED
#12 Sep 29 2010 at 11:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,970 posts
I have not yet played the game so I am not yet able to formally make a full opinion on the statement posted by the OP. However, being as I feel Galkaholics presented his case logically enough and based off the extent of his PC knowledge I rated him up.

I have heard both extremes of this issue. I have a bunch of friends from World of Warcraft who played the game during beta and a few who are now currently logged in early to the live servers having preordered their collector's editions beforehand.

Some place their opinion on the positive end. Game runs fine, minimal lag except where it is to be expected (crowded areas and whatnot).

Others place their opinion at the extreme negative end, describing conditions as virtually unplayable.

Both opinions come from people with a wide range of PCs and laptops both current and a few years old. It's really across the board, as is the conditions within which they play.

It should also be noted that the notion of SE capping the game at 56k is not entirely unreasonable. Considering how many things they got wrong with FFXI I wouldn't put it past them. At all. Of course, after seeing what SE did to my beloved beastmaster back in 2005 you may find that my opinion of them is a bit jaded. Nonetheless, tomorrow I'm running over to Best Buy to get myself a copy if I have the money.

Overall I do not feel we as a community should entirely discount what the OP is saying, as the playability conditions of the game thus far have fallen on a wide spectrum of opinions based off a wide range of machines both new and outdated. Not to mention it is a game manufactured by a company with, at best, an average ability at producing MMORPGs (and what I remember as being a horrendous customer service department).

Having kept tabs on this and other forums I can say with certainty that SE has gotten some things right from their initial foray into the world of MMOs with FFXI. However other things they have still missed the mark entirely but that's okay, you can't run without having learned to walk and you can't walk without having learned to crawl.

Ultimately I'll be able to weigh in more definitively sometime during early afternoon on Thursday, September 30th, 2010.
____________________________
Retired
Realm: Thrall
guild: The Aggro League (R.I.P.)
Èd, Night Elf Druid, lv 85, Feral DPS
#13 Sep 29 2010 at 11:36 PM Rating: Good
14 posts
Yea it is definitely your laptop, your laptop is NOT powerful at all, it isn't a gaming laptop not even CLOSE, no where near it, in terms of gaming it is a giant lump of "insert word here".

If it wasn't your laptop's fault why does my desktop run it perfectly fine? why do other people who have decent desktops or specs run it perfectly fine except you on your laptop, oh it isn't your laptop though right....

Even on the M11x (i have one) this game doesn't run that smoothly and that has a 330M which is FAR FAR FAR more powerful than your 230M. So again, it is your laptop...

Get a real gaming PC/Laptop if you want to stand a chance at running this nice and smooth at all times. (I know mine does)

On a note on your "resource monitoring", did it ever occur to you that the game uses your GPU!!!! your CPU doesn't have to be maxed out for your GPU to be sweating balls and keeling over dying! also your most likely seeing a 15-20% utilisation of CPU because by default single and double threaded apps are spanned across all cores (assuming your i7 is a quad) so 15-20% across 4 cores for a 1thread or 2thread application sounds quite right to me.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 1:39am by kpop
#14 Sep 29 2010 at 11:46 PM Rating: Default
*
121 posts
Lol, I have a 3,800~ USD Alienware notebook, and I still get a bit of issues even with my CPU OC'd. I really don't think SE did throttling and scaling very well.

Quote:
On a note on your "resource monitoring", did it ever occur to you that the game uses your GPU!!!! your CPU doesn't have to be maxed out for your GPU to be sweating balls and keeling over dying! also your most likely seeing a 15-20% utilisation of CPU because by default single and double threaded apps are spanned across all cores (assuming your i7 is a quad) so 15-20% across 4 cores for a 1thread or 2thread application sounds quite right to me.


Actually depending on how the game is coded certain cores can be dedicated to certain tasks - IE: Like BF:BC2.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 1:47am by loyaltrekie
#15 Sep 29 2010 at 11:53 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
135 posts
loyaltrekie wrote:
Lol, I have a 3,800~ USD Alienware notebook, and I still get a bit of issues even with my CPU OC'd. I really don't think SE did throttling and scaling very well.


$3,800 alienware notebook means nothing if you bought it 5 years ago :P
#16 Sep 29 2010 at 11:54 PM Rating: Decent
*
111 posts
Everyone's so quick to dismiss the problem as people's computers, it's a bit ridiculous to think that all these computers are the problem and the game isn't.. Usually, when you're the one saying everyone else is wrong, it's generally you that is wrong..

I know you all think you're trying to preserve the name of the game, but the fact that the lag is there doesn't change anything.. Sure, the machine is extremely cpu/gpu dependent, however, if everyone is complaining of the massive amounts of menu lag, crafting lag, etc, maybe you should stop and think, maybe it really is the game. It's almost like me saying I'm good and the rest of you are bad when it could also mean the exact opposite, it's just me that's worse than all of you.

Don't be so quick to dismiss every single problem as a specific persons pc, especially if they have a machine capable of playing it.
____________________________
Name: Fanelan
Server: Phoenix
Nation: Windurst
Rank: 10
ZM: Complete
COP: Complete
ToAU: 30
WotG: 3

Job Levels: 75RDM, 75BRD, 75BLM, 72PLD, 61NIN, 52THF, 44WHM, 60SCH, 47BST, 52SAM 37WAR, 37SMN, 37BLU, 37DRK
#17 Sep 30 2010 at 12:06 AM Rating: Decent
14 posts
The reason is valid to attack someone's PC as being able to play or not the OP's laptop isn't suited for any gaming! it'd be low res, low details and maybe he can run something but not FFXIV. Also if you have depth of field/ambient occlusion some google would have told you to turn this off!

Everyone does complain about lag and on the more populated servers there is a problem with lag, however having poor frame rates especially when others are around are very different to "ui lag" "menu's taking a few seconds to change" etc etc, poor frame rates and from what it sounds like from the OP is "90-95%" of the time for him then yes it is his laptop, again it is his laptop.

Seriously how do you think you could run this game decently or any brand new graphically intensive game decently with a laptop that is in no way designed for games? it's like saying OMG my HTPC that uses a ATI 5450 or GT220 or "insert low end card here" is struggling therefore it is the game and not my PC....

So why buy better gaming hardware? clearly it isn't needed we can all run games on NON gaming LOW END hardware just fine right? it's just developers need to make their games properly because if i lag it's their fault..

THERE IS PROBLEMS WITH LAG ON POPULATED SERVERS, THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

Also maybe you should post your settings, if your running this on anything but THE LOWEST possible settings with any sort of candy/filtering off then you definitely don't stand half a chance with that laptop.

If it was the game's problem I dunno how my desktop runs fine..



Edited, Sep 30th 2010 2:07am by kpop
#18 Sep 30 2010 at 12:25 AM Rating: Decent
**
519 posts
funny how so many jump on the " oh you need a extreme gaming rig your laptop sux"

i played at my friends house the other day he has core i7 3ghz 8gig ddr3 1666 ram and radeon hd 5970 vid card rig he recently built.. playing on the same 720p settings as me windowed he had the same lag


and you cant deny the fact there are hundreds of threads here and on ffxivcore ect of ppl with "high end" rig who also suffer extreme lag


my poor brother cant even play on his pc which is far superior to my laptop. the benchmark wont even run and ffxivboot.exe just crashes whenever he trys to open it

weve done everything from updating drivers upgraded him from xp pro to win 7 and even tried to open via batch file yet the game wont even open he cant get past ffxivboot at all
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#19 Sep 30 2010 at 12:41 AM Rating: Decent
14 posts
Galkaholics wrote:
funny how so many jump on the " oh you need a extreme gaming rig your laptop sux"

i played at my friends house the other day he has core i7 3ghz 8gig ddr3 1666 ram and radeon hd 5970 vid card rig he recently built.. playing on the same 720p settings as me windowed he had the same lag

and you cant deny the fact there are hundreds of threads here and on ffxivcore ect of ppl with "high end" rig who also suffer extreme lag


funny how you don't even post your settings as you most likely have something stupid like settings turned up on that pitiful excuse of a laptop (for gaming). Also your friend #1 mistake a 5970 is crossfire, him running windowed mode means he is only using 1 GPU so performance is of 5850 performance, im assuming because he sounds like a noob like you that he has turned settings up which again would cause poor frame rates seeing as his card can only use 1 GPU...

and that windowed mode no crossfire thing is not a FFXIV design it is how multi GPU works, you need full screen.

i'm starting to think your either extremely stupid or your just trolling.

and as i've said before LAG is different from poor frame rates....

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 2:42am by kpop
#20 Sep 30 2010 at 12:52 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
377 posts
Whats your Bro laptop specs?

My guess hes on ATI Card, what his Catalyst™ Control Center Version number under info center at the bottom.
#21 Sep 30 2010 at 1:13 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
364 posts
kpop wrote:
Yea it is definitely your laptop, your laptop is NOT powerful at all, it isn't a gaming laptop not even CLOSE, no where near it, in terms of gaming it is a giant lump of "insert word here".

If it wasn't your laptop's fault why does my desktop run it perfectly fine? why do other people who have decent desktops or specs run it perfectly fine except you on your laptop, oh it isn't your laptop though right....

Even on the M11x (i have one) this game doesn't run that smoothly and that has a 330M which is FAR FAR FAR more powerful than your 230M. So again, it is your laptop...

Get a real gaming PC/Laptop if you want to stand a chance at running this nice and smooth at all times. (I know mine does)

On a note on your "resource monitoring", did it ever occur to you that the game uses your GPU!!!! your CPU doesn't have to be maxed out for your GPU to be sweating balls and keeling over dying! also your most likely seeing a 15-20% utilisation of CPU because by default single and double threaded apps are spanned across all cores (assuming your i7 is a quad) so 15-20% across 4 cores for a 1thread or 2thread application sounds quite right to me.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 1:39am by kpop



The 330M is identical to the 230M, it's just mildly overclocked. The 335M is a slightly better card, but not dramatically so. I would hazard a guess that a i7 720qm (non-ULV model) and a fully overclocked 230M/330M would would outperform most M11x's configurations as they employ ULV CPU's and this same tier of GPU. The M11x's are not gaming laptops, they are gaming netbooks. They largely perform on par with these kind of entry level gaming notebooks.
#22 Sep 30 2010 at 1:29 AM Rating: Good
**
696 posts
Galkaholics wrote:
funny how so many jump on the " oh you need a extreme gaming rig your laptop sux"

i played at my friends house the other day he has core i7 3ghz 8gig ddr3 1666 ram and radeon hd 5970 vid card rig he recently built.. playing on the same 720p settings as me windowed he had the same lag


and you cant deny the fact there are hundreds of threads here and on ffxivcore ect of ppl with "high end" rig who also suffer extreme lag


my poor brother cant even play on his pc which is far superior to my laptop. the benchmark wont even run and ffxivboot.exe just crashes whenever he trys to open it

weve done everything from updating drivers upgraded him from xp pro to win 7 and even tried to open via batch file yet the game wont even open he cant get past ffxivboot at all


I can deny that fact because almost every time it is discovered that something on that players computer is jacked up. I won't say that most problems for this game are an easy fix. It is a resource hog. I have yet to read through a thread where a problem isn't found whether the poster wants to accept it or not or something is just not right i.e. OP making false claims, Settings that have an effect are claimed to have no effect(which is impossible), or they leave a key piece of info out and when asked never present it.

I would bet a large number of the people with decent rigs that are seeing problems have something dumb like Buffer size set to double etc, or the person thinks that have a processor that will just do a certain speed and doesn't realize that if it isn't turned on in the bios correctly it may not even be actually running half that speed. Processor rated speed =/= your speed if the settings are wrong.

Your friends computer:
Option 1. No he doesn't because you made that up.
Option 2. He needs to run cpu-z or something because he has his multiplier set at 1x
Option 3. Something is definitely wrong with his computer. No question about it

Your brother would have to have a crash report to say what was wrong. Drivers don't do **** for some problems this game crashes with like that.
#23 Sep 30 2010 at 1:31 AM Rating: Default
14 posts
Furia wrote:

The 330M is identical to the 230M, it's just mildly overclocked. The 335M is a slightly better card, but not dramatically so. I would hazard a guess that a i7 720qm (non-ULV model) and a fully overclocked 230M/330M would would outperform most M11x's configurations as they employ ULV CPU's and this same tier of GPU. The M11x's are not gaming laptops, they are gaming netbooks. They largely perform on par with these kind of entry level gaming notebooks.


yea i meant 335M as the m11x employs that, and i still said it doesn't run that smoothly at all, your right they are gaming netbooks but do perform quite well depending on the game, a entry level laptop with a discrete GPU (as the OP has) is still not as capable than the m11x.

Which brings back my point i was making, the m11x is more FFXIV capable, but it is still not that smooth! so how would you think a lesser machine would fair!

I have an assumption that someone is upping their settings, his friend included with the 5970 playing in windowed mode so effectively 5850 and im betting ambient occlusion is on!
#24 Sep 30 2010 at 1:45 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,408 posts
I have gone to places I didnt see a soul, even have a few screen shots of me standing on two little forts with a huge castle which has lights/flames on it in the background which I couldnt get to because the guards said they were waiting for some one?
Dragonhead being the nearest porter.

I Suffered with no lag and with mobs in the background. But standing next to the area with lots of people in does lag like ****.

I will be buying a new graphics card soon a top notch one to see if it fixes the problem :)

My processor/memory dont go through the wall when in lag areas so my guess is its that?
____________________________


If my velocity starts to make you sweat, then just don't
let go
#25 Sep 30 2010 at 2:07 AM Rating: Decent
14 posts
Lonix wrote:

I will be buying a new graphics card soon a top notch one to see if it fixes the problem :)

My processor/memory dont go through the wall when in lag areas so my guess is its that?


The issue is, when trouble shooting what exactly it is, well there is far too many variables and settings play a large part, if you just want to run the game smoothly on low or with a couple of settings on then a mid range desktop will do just fine say a quad i5/AMD with gtx460 or 5770 etc, if you want to turn everything up then that is where you need a heavy PC.

A "top notch" graphics card im assuming you mean either 5870/5970 or GTX470/GTX480, it isn't needed for the game to be on low-med but it certainly doesn't hurt and will let you turn up the settings even more.

It is highly subjective to your conditions and settings however as to how well anything will run on anything in the first place.
#26 Sep 30 2010 at 2:12 AM Rating: Decent
**
519 posts
http://epcron.com/hp-pavilion-dv6-2190us-laptop-us/
this is my laptop

and this is the error my bro is having
http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/829890-ffxiv-crashes-start-no-one-can.html

and my setting are the reccomended settings but with amulent occulsion depth of field ect all boxes unchecked shadows set to lowest everything else at default/high/highest for textures no msaa

and yes i know the diffrence in server lag and pc lag
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#27Galkaholics, Posted: Sep 30 2010 at 2:15 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) funny i though you FAR FAR FAR exceeded me.. not only slightly.... and whats up with the hostility you sound ******
#28 Sep 30 2010 at 2:30 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
135 posts
Not that I think this will fix your brothers problem but have you tried taking a card out? looks like he has 2 cards crossfired?

I assume you have uninstalled FFXIV and reinstalled it?
#29 Sep 30 2010 at 2:34 AM Rating: Decent
**
519 posts
yeah i even made a seperate partition just for ffxiv never tried taking a card out it never crossed my mind once but ill try it when he wakes up later today
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#30 Sep 30 2010 at 2:42 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
377 posts
Galkaholics wrote:
http://epcron.com/hp-pavilion-dv6-2190us-laptop-us/
this is my laptop

and this is the error my bro is having
http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/829890-ffxiv-crashes-start-no-one-can.html

and my setting are the reccomended settings but with amulent occulsion depth of field ect all boxes unchecked shadows set to lowest everything else at default/high/highest for textures no msaa

and yes i know the diffrence in server lag and pc lag


Your brothers cards Radeon x1950 are under the minimum spec to run FFXIV.

FFXIV is only support on ATI Drivers 10.6+ Otherwise they crash. He will never be able to run FFXIV on the latest supported drivers from ATI if they stopped at 10.2
#31 Sep 30 2010 at 2:43 AM Rating: Decent
14 posts
Galkaholics wrote:


funny i though you FAR FAR FAR exceeded me.. not only slightly.... and whats up with the hostility you sound ******

please dont call me a troll when your the one cyber bullying me.. e-peen much?


did you even read the post? you obviously didn't i'm filing you under troll now, GG you made up my mind for me

the m11x is more FFXIV capable than your laptop, and by quite a bit not just slightly i just accidentally put 330m instead of the 335m that the m11x uses, it isn't the world above the 230m but it is noticable and by a significant margin.

you mentioned you had some settings in particular textures on high and highest, how about you drop that down did that ever occur to you in your infinite wisdom? and if that doesn't work then obviously get a real PC, the fact still stands, me and my friends who play and have high end PC's do not experience poor frame rates and nothing of what you mention so how can it be server side? if that was the case everyone would experience the same.

I am not saying you need a high end PC, but that's what we have and so it rules your theory out and that's the point.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 4:45am by kpop
#32 Sep 30 2010 at 2:45 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
135 posts
maybe before you try that, launch the config program and change all settings to low or off and then play with the "buffer" setting changing it to half, three quarters, etc
#33Galkaholics, Posted: Sep 30 2010 at 3:04 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) ive lowered everything before all it did was make eerything look blocky and text unreadable and had the same lag thats why i keep my current settings.. and to the sock accout.. why do you feel it neccisary to keep saying how great you and "your friends" the imaginary ones i assume... pc's are? take a chill pill and stop harassing me. your making no point in relation to my original post at all..
#34 Sep 30 2010 at 3:10 AM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
XellossM wrote:
Galkaholics wrote:
http://epcron.com/hp-pavilion-dv6-2190us-laptop-us/
this is my laptop

and this is the error my bro is having
http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/829890-ffxiv-crashes-start-no-one-can.html

and my setting are the reccomended settings but with amulent occulsion depth of field ect all boxes unchecked shadows set to lowest everything else at default/high/highest for textures no msaa

and yes i know the diffrence in server lag and pc lag


Your brothers cards Radeon x1950 are under the minimum spec to run FFXIV.

FFXIV is only support on ATI Drivers 10.6+ Otherwise they crash. He will never be able to run FFXIV on the latest supported drivers from ATI if they stopped at 10.2

oh. can you reccomend a low priced vid card for him please as he and i have all but exausted our bank accouts buying him new ram cause someone said it was a memory fault and then i went and bought win 7 home for him cause i thought it might be that he was on a trial version of win 7

and ofc the cost of the game itself. hes made a pretty large invenstment in this and he can only play on my laptop when im sleeping. i sleep during the day usualy and he sleeps at night lol
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#35 Sep 30 2010 at 3:15 AM Rating: Good
I just can't believe people are still ******* around trying to prove that MMO servers barely a week into full service are lagggy on high population servers. Like...did you know the sky is up, too?
#36 Sep 30 2010 at 3:19 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
377 posts
Galkaholics wrote:
XellossM wrote:
Galkaholics wrote:
http://epcron.com/hp-pavilion-dv6-2190us-laptop-us/
this is my laptop

and this is the error my bro is having
http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/829890-ffxiv-crashes-start-no-one-can.html

and my setting are the reccomended settings but with amulent occulsion depth of field ect all boxes unchecked shadows set to lowest everything else at default/high/highest for textures no msaa

and yes i know the diffrence in server lag and pc lag


Your brothers cards Radeon x1950 are under the minimum spec to run FFXIV.

FFXIV is only support on ATI Drivers 10.6+ Otherwise they crash. He will never be able to run FFXIV on the latest supported drivers from ATI if they stopped at 10.2

oh. can you reccomend a low priced vid card for him please as he and i have all but exausted our bank accouts buying him new ram cause someone said it was a memory fault and then i went and bought win 7 home for him cause i thought it might be that he was on a trial version of win 7

and ofc the cost of the game itself. hes made a pretty large invenstment in this and he can only play on my laptop when im sleeping. i sleep during the day usualy and he sleeps at night lol


Thats the minimum I would go. 90 after rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150436
#37 Sep 30 2010 at 3:31 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
135 posts
^ What board does your brother have?
#38 Sep 30 2010 at 3:46 AM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
4006151R - Intel (Big Arm) 975X Viiv Motherboard
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#39 Sep 30 2010 at 3:56 AM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
XellossM wrote:
Galkaholics wrote:
XellossM wrote:
Galkaholics wrote:
http://epcron.com/hp-pavilion-dv6-2190us-laptop-us/
this is my laptop

and this is the error my bro is having
http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/829890-ffxiv-crashes-start-no-one-can.html

and my setting are the reccomended settings but with amulent occulsion depth of field ect all boxes unchecked shadows set to lowest everything else at default/high/highest for textures no msaa

and yes i know the diffrence in server lag and pc lag


Your brothers cards Radeon x1950 are under the minimum spec to run FFXIV.

FFXIV is only support on ATI Drivers 10.6+ Otherwise they crash. He will never be able to run FFXIV on the latest supported drivers from ATI if they stopped at 10.2

oh. can you reccomend a low priced vid card for him please as he and i have all but exausted our bank accouts buying him new ram cause someone said it was a memory fault and then i went and bought win 7 home for him cause i thought it might be that he was on a trial version of win 7

and ofc the cost of the game itself. hes made a pretty large invenstment in this and he can only play on my laptop when im sleeping. i sleep during the day usualy and he sleeps at night lol


Thats the minimum I would go. 90 after rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150436


ordered now should be here by saturday or monday did 2 day ship and rush processing
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#40 Sep 30 2010 at 4:04 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
135 posts
Your brother should be "ok" after that

Currently I have a 4850 card and a Quad core 2.67

So my CPU is slightly faster and that new card will be slightly better than the one I have now

In windowed mode x768 with everything on HIGH I can get 15-25 fps in town and 50ish fps in the wilderness

(in x1080-fullscreen though even with everything on LOW it sucks hard getting ~20-30 FPS in wilderness, scared to go to town in x1080)
#41 Sep 30 2010 at 4:12 AM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
cool im hoping itll run 1080p fullscreen with lowered settings and ofc shadows at lowest and all check boxes ambient occulsion ect off

also i OC'd hid quad to 3.2 the good thing about q6600 is u can safely oc them to 4ghz but that was running to hot. i disabled all my overclocks ecttrying to get ffxiv to work but now that i know it wont boot cause its the vid card im hoping ill be able to re overclock the proc. if i still get ffxivexe.boot crash after this im gonna take a sledgehammer to his pc and file an insurance claim to buy him a new one... gotta love home rental insurance.. it covers everything lol
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#42 Sep 30 2010 at 5:35 AM Rating: Decent
15 posts
I feel better now. I was worried my comp wouldn't be able to run the game at all. If your laptop can play it on low settings mine should be able to. Hope things work out for you though OP. While I'm glad SE made a game that would last, I kind of wish they had been able to accommodate the average gamer and his/her pc.
____________________________
-Favorite jobs?-
Brd,Dnc,and Pup
Ironically, a music/theatre major
#43 Sep 30 2010 at 5:41 AM Rating: Decent
12 posts
I got a quad core q6600, gtx 260 black 216core, 6gb and it runs like a dream wherever I am all settings to highest apart from sampling which I think is either at 12 or 16x. Only thing I notice is that the trade menu takes a while to appear upon acceptance.

I cannot accept that its anything BUT your pc
#44 Sep 30 2010 at 6:14 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
120 posts
I have a better than recommended PC & have the same issues. While some of it might be your laptop, the majority of it is server lag. I still get slow loading menu's, UI. When more people are logged on it takes 2-3 seconds for my character to stop running after I release 'W'. And it takes about 8 seconds to trade items with retainer.

/wrist

Funny thing though, if I use the controller for running around town I notice I stop right away. Unfortunately after the controller sleeps the game doesn;t pick it back up and I don;t feel like restarting 20 times a day. I leave it running all day & come & go :/
#45 Sep 30 2010 at 7:13 AM Rating: Good
***
1,446 posts
Sorry it's your PC. I run core i7 1.6 with dual crossfire 5870s with 4 gig ram laptop with the highest settings all around and it runs perfectly. My old PC which is just a dual core with 8700gt M nVidia cards runs well too. Not sure what to tell you other than update drivers and clean out malware/viruses.
____________________________
Kyansaroo - Kujata
Windurst Rank 10
Tarutaru
BLM 75 / WHM 75 / BST 75 / RDM 75 / BRD 75
Next to 75: COR 47 / SCH 58
RotZ: Complete
CoP: Complete
ToAU: In-Progress
WoTG: In-Progress
#46 Sep 30 2010 at 7:25 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
257 posts
Its you pc/laptop, i'm running a 2.7GHz dual core and a 512MB graphics card and 4GB RAM and if i set buffer size to 3 quarters i dont lag too much, this is on a laptop btw.

Just downloaded fraps at uni so when i get home i will check fps (dont have security token with me) but i think it will be around 20-30 fps, which isnt bad for the specs of my laptop. hopefully when i get more money i will beable to get prefrably a high end pc, or a better laptop.

____________________________
FFXI (Long since retired)
Delsus
Server: Cerberus

FFXIV
Delsus Highwind
Server: Ragnarok
#47 Oct 06 2010 at 9:43 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
38 posts
I have had horrible problems even getting past the FFXIVBOOT.EXE error on launch, and have to run in 98/ME mode just to get past that error. My computer blows away several of yours that are running fine so I can assuredly say some of these people may also have grounds to blame it on the game. I have terrible lag issues, so much so it's not even worth playing right now. I've contacted SE support and they basically said gee, your system should definitely have no problems, that blows...can't help you have a nice day.

System Configuration:
System ordered new...less than 1 month old
Processor(s): 2x Xeon E5620 Westmere's @ 2.40 GHz (Dual Quad-Core CPUs)
Memory: 6GB of 1GHz ECC DDR3 SDRAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 5870 with 1GB GDDR5 memory

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. The FFXIVConfig file settings for resolution and texture quality have no effect on the minuscule window the game plays in which still lags. I can set it to 800x600 and it doesn't even change from it's widescreen window mode. Set to low textures, still looks amazing. It's like it ignores the settings. My frustration level trying to get this POS to work since Open Beta is beyond my patience, and SE's lack of interest to help me out (at all) has left a bad taste in my mouth. So moral of the post, don't be so quick to tell someone it's "not the game, it's their system", or discount it as a video card issue...it may not be. I have another thread posted on these forums about all of the hoops I've jumped through to try and get this working (drivers to OS's to VM's you name it). The game needs to bake in the oven a little longer before it's ready.
#48 Oct 06 2010 at 9:55 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,408 posts
I have a spec PC that just matches the MINIMUM, with dropped resolutions/graphics and some options in GAME (config i believe). Works alright. Works well in less populated areas.

Have just bought a GTX 480 which is one chunky Graphics card. Have also stuck in a new SATA Hard Drive and PSU will arrive tomorrow.

Hopefully when I got all this in I will install this on my SATA HD with Windows 7. And with the new card see how it goes on both XP and windows 7.

Problem is it IS a chunky eatting game. This is the next Generation of games.
I have run all sorts of games and never had trouble, Mass Effect 2 ran perfect on high. I only had to drop a few settings down from highest to high or high to medium. Ran perfect after that. See how it goes but I still think half the lag is the PC you may get some lag in high populated areas.
____________________________


If my velocity starts to make you sweat, then just don't
let go
#49 Oct 06 2010 at 10:00 AM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
too ture as ive said in other threads i finally got the game running smoothly with no more 5 minit loading times on my laptop. i dint upgrade anything as i really cant cause its a boutique laptop all i did was install the beta nvidia drivers and that fixed the uber long loading times. also ive changed the buffer ect to low settings ive done half and 3/4th and 1/4th and even with sand shadows ect everything disabled during peak times there is massive ui lag ect and i still have the exact same fps as i do using buffer at resolution

so sacraficing quality so it looks like a lego brick game doesnt decrease lag at all its 100% the server

ive also noticed in the past week during non prime times when the server isnt full and theres no login que the game itself runs much smoother same laptop same settings

making it 100% most definatly the game
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#50 Oct 06 2010 at 10:56 AM Rating: Decent
*
120 posts
SolidMack wrote:
Its still your PC...


So true...
____________________________
Check out my awesome adventure at http://fantaji.com/-/5Bc . If you don't know about Fantaji then you're missing out!
#51 Oct 06 2010 at 11:05 AM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
actualy you know what now that i think abt it and how it was updating my drivers to a beta to fix alot of lag then yes it was my pc not the game.. at least for loading cutscenes so ill admit to that like a man

i was wrong
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 30 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (30)