Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

buyers remorseFollow

#1 Sep 30 2010 at 7:33 AM Rating: Default
38 posts
so...how many people built/bought new systems or bought new hardware in eager excitement to play FFXIV and are now regretting that decision because you have learned this game is just not worth it in it's present state?
#2 Sep 30 2010 at 7:34 AM Rating: Decent
Have you ever been around for the launch of a MMO before?
____________________________

<Pikko> /wrists now while you can still see through your tears!
Friar Whoads wrote:
Also, everyone knows that =60 is more dangerous than the OoT and Asylum combined. People have gone mad in here. The admins need to come back everyday to make sure that we haven't put a hole in the internets, or x/0, or something like that.

#3 Sep 30 2010 at 7:38 AM Rating: Default
38 posts
proably more than you. i started playing Ultima Online in 1997 and have experienced just about every launnch since. no game has ever required me to upgrade my system just to logon at 1st to find out how laggy/clunky/stupid it is before though. fortuneately i was able to cancel my pre-order before spending anymore for a game that is obviously not ready for prime time, nor will it be for perhaps 6 months.
#4 Sep 30 2010 at 7:49 AM Rating: Decent
*
75 posts
well look on the bright side... at least you have good PC =)


Totally off topic... But as a fellow UO player I thought you may enjoy this..
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/daoa8/ahh_ultima_online_wipes_nostalgic_tear/
#5 Sep 30 2010 at 7:53 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,100 posts
No regrets, I'm very happy. Also...

Quote:
fortuneately i was able to cancel my pre-order before spending anymore for a game that is obviously not ready for prime time, nor will it be for perhaps 6 months.


So you haven't played the game at release? So I'm assuming you spent money on a system that you regret buying because you bought it for a game you haven't played yet?

Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
Common sense is not so common -Voltaire
Wyne Aeros - Hyperion Server
ARRFishing.com

#6 Sep 30 2010 at 7:54 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,005 posts
Prittis wrote:
so...how many people built/bought new systems or bought new hardware in eager excitement to play FFXIV and are now regretting that decision because you have learned this game is just not worth it in it's present state?


Not me, because I haven't learned any such thing. I'm enjoying the game considerably; I'm sorry if you're not.
____________________________
Chris Mattern
#7 Sep 30 2010 at 7:58 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
84 posts
I am also enjoying the game.
#8 Sep 30 2010 at 8:01 AM Rating: Decent
38 posts
i played in the beta and found the things i didn't like. all these things are still in game and being discussed to no end on these boards, why would i play for a game i won't enjoy? the only problem i had that seems to be fixed is the software mouse, all other issues i had with the beta still exists. i did get a new comp but i had been intending to buy one anyway, so not that much remorse. if i had waited a few more months to purchase it i proably could have saved a hundred or two hundred dollars which isn't a huge deal to me since i am not a broke college kid trying to make ends meet. i am not mad at anyone who likes this game, was just asking if there are others who spent money for something and it didn't turn out as well as they had hoped. go back and play the game, you proably need to level another 2 or 3 craft skills to make that new weapon you need. ;/
#9 Sep 30 2010 at 8:04 AM Rating: Good
**
800 posts
Ryneguy wrote:
No regrets, I'm very happy. Also...

Quote:
fortuneately i was able to cancel my pre-order before spending anymore for a game that is obviously not ready for prime time, nor will it be for perhaps 6 months.


So you haven't played the game at release? So I'm assuming you spent money on a system that you regret buying because you bought it for a game you haven't played yet?

Smiley: oyvey


I thought the same thing. Much of the "clunkyness" he probably experienced in beta has been solved (at least on low population servers).

Back on topic, I'm loving it and don't regret buying the CE at all. Comparing cost to play-time even an MMO with very little content far surpasses any single player game. And MMOs only get more content as time goes on. I fully knew I was paying to be one of the "I've been playing since beta" types. I've never had that opportunity and I'm really going to enjoy experiencing this game flesh out fist hand.
#10 Sep 30 2010 at 8:12 AM Rating: Good
***
1,446 posts
Prittis wrote:
why would i play for a game i won't enjoy?


Why would you come to a board and complain about a game you don't play?
____________________________
Kyansaroo - Kujata
Windurst Rank 10
Tarutaru
BLM 75 / WHM 75 / BST 75 / RDM 75 / BRD 75
Next to 75: COR 47 / SCH 58
RotZ: Complete
CoP: Complete
ToAU: In-Progress
WoTG: In-Progress
#11 Sep 30 2010 at 8:14 AM Rating: Good
**
263 posts
Cuz he be Trollin'.
#12 Sep 30 2010 at 8:20 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
283 posts
is a tad sick of whining in the threads. Will the people who enjoy the game put the controller/keyboard down for a moment and spam some positive threads, please?

BTW, I have never been part of any launch of ANYTHING (game, work, real life) that went entirely smoothly. Maybe its just my bad luck, but I do think its putting the horse in front of the carriage when we say we regret playing a game for 1 Week that, by its very nature, relies on the long time, continued interactions of dedicated players to develop an economy, play styles, forge friendships and to provide meaningful feed back to developers to make the game more enjoyable.



____________________________


#13 Sep 30 2010 at 8:23 AM Rating: Good
I'm not regretting my decision to purchase this game at all. Sure the game needs work, but all games do when they're freshly introduced to the public. This isn't like XI or even Aion where the game was live in other country for some time before being released to the western player base. On the point of building a new system for the game, I can't complain since I'm playing on my 4 yo pc, but I do plan to build a new rig in the coming months. Just not specifically for XIV, I play other games on my pc, fps, rpgs, Df. As well as use my pc to watch movies, photoshop, and holds my music collection. So if you built a new rig for this, yet don't like the game, don't complain. You should have a decent rig capable of playing other games. Just think of it as an investment.
____________________________
Guns dont kill people. Rangers and Hunters with guns kill people.
Jefro420 wrote:
I won't be checking anyone in the BC ward that doesn't have star over their head from now on.





#14 Sep 30 2010 at 8:29 AM Rating: Good
Prittis wrote:
proably more than you. i started playing Ultima Online in 1997 and have experienced just about every launnch since. no game has ever required me to upgrade my system just to logon at 1st to find out how laggy/clunky/stupid it is before though. fortuneately i was able to cancel my pre-order before spending anymore for a game that is obviously not ready for prime time, nor will it be for perhaps 6 months.


Since you have never had to upgrade your system to find the game clunky when it came out, I'm going to assume that means you skipped Everquest 2, Vanguard, Age of Conan, and Darkfall, because from my memory, just about everyone who picked up those games at launch needed to upgrade at least their graphics card, if not most of their system since they were all pretty big step-ups from what was around at the time, not to mention they were all pretty clunky on release even for the people with good systems.

Or were you just pulling my string because you went UO -> WoW -> Warhammer?
____________________________

<Pikko> /wrists now while you can still see through your tears!
Friar Whoads wrote:
Also, everyone knows that =60 is more dangerous than the OoT and Asylum combined. People have gone mad in here. The admins need to come back everyday to make sure that we haven't put a hole in the internets, or x/0, or something like that.

#15 Sep 30 2010 at 8:35 AM Rating: Decent
*
108 posts
I needed a new computer. If this game got me to buy a decent computer, I should thank it whether it was any good or not. My old computer, bless it's CPU, was a real load.
____________________________
#16 Sep 30 2010 at 8:44 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,536 posts
Prittis wrote:
i played in the beta and found the things i didn't like. all these things are still in game and being discussed to no end on these boards, why would i play for a game i won't enjoy? the only problem i had that seems to be fixed is the software mouse, all other issues i had with the beta still exists. i did get a new comp but i had been intending to buy one anyway, so not that much remorse. if i had waited a few more months to purchase it i proably could have saved a hundred or two hundred dollars which isn't a huge deal to me since i am not a broke college kid trying to make ends meet. i am not mad at anyone who likes this game, was just asking if there are others who spent money for something and it didn't turn out as well as they had hoped. go back and play the game, you proably need to level another 2 or 3 craft skills to make that new weapon you need. ;/


So you're just a cheap ***? I think its bad decision making on your part tbh, you could have just as easily waited 'til the game was released, gauged people's reactions and then decided to get a new PC or not. Aside from that, for someone who has been playing MMOs at release since UO, what were you really expecting for FFXIV? I don't know dude, I'm not buying you're even old enough to have played UO, you're indecisive, your grammar sucks and twice you've clearly tried to get a reaction out of people because you're upset with your purchase; at least try a little harder. This said, the game is a mess in its current state but I don't think its unplayable.
____________________________
MUTED
#17 Sep 30 2010 at 8:44 AM Rating: Good
**
557 posts
I'm really glad I took time to play the beta, because I was considering throwing in a new GPU to replace my already decent 5770 (I play every other game at max, and they look fantastic). My beta experience convinced me not to, and not to plop $75 on the CE.

I'm still considering picking up the SE but not till well after the PS3 release, which is disappointing because I wanted to get into the game when it was starting, but there's no way I'd bother playing it at its current content-less state.
____________________________


#18 Sep 30 2010 at 8:49 AM Rating: Decent
3 posts
Loving it so far. I don't remember the last time I stayed up so many late nights in a row.
#19 Sep 30 2010 at 8:57 AM Rating: Decent
*
105 posts
I'm sad that I didn't have to upgrade my pc, I was looking forward to it. But the game runs too smooth on my machine to justify it, **** me for working in the IT field and keeping up to date.

Sorry you have quarrels with the game that prevent you from wanting to play, I am sure in the future they will be fixed.
#20 Sep 30 2010 at 10:07 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
704 posts
I love this game so far! I see a lot of post about lag, but I get very little lag unless I am literally in the starter camps. However, even the lag in the start camps has improved a ton lately. Menus are a little slow, but it is not too big a deal really, definitely not a game breaker.

I see people complain about getting "target already engaged" messages, but I only get these for other people leve quest targets, which seems to be WAI to me. It would be nice if other peoples leve targets showed up with some sort of marker you can see, but it is pretty easy to spot these mobs once you know the area around the camp.

All in all, having experience several MMO releases, I give FFXIV release a 4 out of 5 so far. Very few game breaking bugs, very few server down times (at least compared to some other major MMO releases), and not a single que once my character was made on a high-pop server.

Having followed and anticipated some major MMO release before, like WAR or Vanguard... This is how I would prefer all releases to be. Rather than site and watch release dates get push further and further out, or watch a much larger game be release with tons of bugs, crashes, and broken content. I would rather they release a smaller and stable game with enough stable content that I can begin to play while I watch the game grow and evolve around me. It does not make me feel like I paid for a incomplete game because a lot of this content update will come via free updates. It also makes it feel like I am part of a growing world, just like it did in FFXI when I started on NA PC release.
#21 Sep 30 2010 at 10:13 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
315 posts
Loving it! Haven't experienced any lag and the game runs awesome. The content that is already in the game is fun to explore and I'm looking forward to the additions to come. I honestly don't get what all the whine is about. I literally have no complaints.
____________________________
FFXI 2003-2007: Elaron ~Phoenix
FFXIV 2010-> : Gus Morgan ~Wutai

#22 Sep 30 2010 at 10:17 AM Rating: Good
**
284 posts
Having a blast myself. Didnt think I would care for thaumaturge or conjurer but I recently got them both to 8 and find that I can take red mobs due to shockspikes and stoneskin.

Also just made my bronze hatchet for my botanist right before logging out for maintenance.

Sure there could be more to do but to be honest there is plenty to do already. One should really use this time to "prep" for the future ie lvl those crafts so you can make your own low lvl stuff atleast. No greater satisfaction than to see a need and fix it yourself. Also finally got some flax to make linseed oil so i could use it with my slate-gray scale bugs to make slate grey sheep leather. Was the last thing keeping me from makin my own harness. Made 2 kept one sold other in bazaar for 7k.

So in a word... buyer's remorse? NOPE.
#23 Sep 30 2010 at 11:03 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
199 posts
I like the game. Now if only all the people who posted that they like they game in this thread posted in the other 127 topics about people hating the game...

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 1:03pm by PinkMermaid
____________________________
PS3 - Lil_Mermaid_Girl
#24 Sep 30 2010 at 11:26 AM Rating: Decent
16 posts
Prittis wrote:
so...how many people built/bought new systems or bought new hardware in eager excitement to play FFXIV and are now regretting that decision because you have learned this game is just not worth it in it's present state?



I, for one, am absolutely disgusted by the content of this post. You come to a place where the faithful gather together to worship our benevolent benefactors and you have the absolute gall to criticize their kind offering to us.

You even stated that you have played many MMO's dating from Ultima Online. Well, I too began my journey with Ultima Online and I can assure you that at no point in the history of this glorious art form has there ever been a company who offered us the chance to bask in their unparalleled brilliance. You should be thankful...

I will concur with those who before me stated that if you are not happy in Oz then you should just leave it. In short, you are not welcome here. We would all appreciate it if you would take your blasphemous words elsewhere.
#25 Sep 30 2010 at 11:27 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,083 posts
I never have remorse when it comes to buying shiny new PC equipment ^.^
____________________________
Wada: "There may be some areas of testing that were lacking or too rigid."
#26 Sep 30 2010 at 11:36 AM Rating: Good
Prittis wrote:
proably more than you. i started playing Ultima Online in 1997 and have experienced just about every launnch since. no game has ever required me to upgrade my system just to logon at 1st to find out how laggy/clunky/stupid it is before though. fortuneately i was able to cancel my pre-order before spending anymore for a game that is obviously not ready for prime time, nor will it be for perhaps 6 months.


Must not feed the troll...argh! Servers are down, bad timing Prittis.

I am glad you canceled, congratulations. Now GTFO and play with your lego.

KJ
~Troll BBQ~
____________________________
#27 Sep 30 2010 at 11:36 AM Rating: Default
4 posts
I am enjoying the game, even thought the interface has to be the worst released by a mainstream mmo in the last decade.

Only thing that kinda worries me is that noone can tell me what kind of endgame ffxiv has. I mean, leveling up and gearing up, and enjoying the journey is great and all, but exactly why am I doing it? Are there difficult endgame PvE raids or PvP contents? Is my guild going to be able to build a city line in AoC or claim a keep like in Aion, or carve out our own territory of domination like in EvE? The intro seemed to indicate some kind of dragon war. Maybe my character will be involved in some dynamic war of territory with them?
#28 Sep 30 2010 at 11:37 AM Rating: Good
Never feed the trolls guys.....
____________________________
I'm back, not to cause trouble. And anyone who knows the original Weedjedi.....please don't karma bomb me. Just saying.
I'm 20 now, more mature and less stupid. And the only reason I didn't use the original weedjedi is because I can't remember it's login details.
#29 Sep 30 2010 at 11:38 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
46 posts
Prittis wrote:
i played in the beta and found the things i didn't like. all these things are still in game and being discussed to no end on these boards, why would i play for a game i won't enjoy? the only problem i had that seems to be fixed is the software mouse, all other issues i had with the beta still exists. i did get a new comp but i had been intending to buy one anyway, so not that much remorse. if i had waited a few more months to purchase it i proably could have saved a hundred or two hundred dollars which isn't a huge deal to me since i am not a broke college kid trying to make ends meet. i am not mad at anyone who likes this game, was just asking if there are others who spent money for something and it didn't turn out as well as they had hoped. go back and play the game, you proably need to level another 2 or 3 craft skills to make that new weapon you need. ;/


Then don't buy the game and move on. Lots of us are really enjoying ourselves. Nothing in the game (or features not yet in the game) are game-breaking. These will be added.

You played the beta and made your decision based on that. Your loss.

People view these retarded threads as just trying to stir up the community, so you will see many negative remakes directed at you.
____________________________


#30 Sep 30 2010 at 11:38 AM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
This thread buffed me with Readers Remorse.
#31 Sep 30 2010 at 11:42 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
No buyer's remorse for me! I would have never built a PC myself if it wasn't for wanting to play this game. But my crummy old laptop couldn't even open the benchmark - so I knew if I wanted to play I'd have to buck up and get a new rig. Because of this community I went from planning to buy a new rig off the shelf to planning to pay someone to build me one to building one myself.

And I love the game. I love the fact that I'm going to be able to do so many of the things I was never able to do in FFXI - get to end game - be a good crafter - see a lot of the content - because I'm going to start from the beginning and grow with the world. Sure, things aren't perfect - but the game is fun! And being at the front of the pack is fun too. I'm enjoying it while I can - and that won't be for long since I have a lot of other things going on in life. But it is nice to have a game again.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#32 Sep 30 2010 at 11:45 AM Rating: Decent
dheron wrote:
I am enjoying the game, even thought the interface has to be the worst released by a mainstream mmo in the last decade.

Only thing that kinda worries me is that noone can tell me what kind of endgame ffxiv has. I mean, leveling up and gearing up, and enjoying the journey is great and all, but exactly why am I doing it? Are there difficult endgame PvE raids or PvP contents? Is my guild going to be able to build a city line in AoC or claim a keep like in Aion, or carve out our own territory of domination like in EvE? The intro seemed to indicate some kind of dragon war. Maybe my character will be involved in some dynamic war of territory with them?


Not to spoil to much, but the intro happens before you enter the game. You continue that story as a player and uncover what this war is all about.

SE will not reveal anything, get used to it. So far we know there will be a "company". We can build boats, rocket launchers and cakes. What does all of this mean? I can't tell ya, that is what makes SE games so much fun. You learn all you need to know playing the game as the story and history unravels.

Do you really need to know all this to enjoy the game? Don't think too much about it, enjoy the ride.

KJ
~the cake is a lie~
____________________________
#33 Sep 30 2010 at 11:51 AM Rating: Decent
4 posts
KindjalFerrer, Tarutaru Murder Suspect wrote:

[snip]
Do you really need to know all this to enjoy the game? Don't think too much about it, enjoy the ride.

KJ
~the cake is a lie~


No but it would be nice to know they thought about it and put some effort into it. It was a bummer getting to cap on CoH and haveing nothing to do.. for example.

Building boats sounds pretty interesting. I loved mine in Vanguard.

Thanks for the heads up.
#34 Sep 30 2010 at 12:06 PM Rating: Good
**
602 posts
No remorse, game is fun, frustrating, easy and hard. If a game doesn't frustrate you, well then its to dam easy. I like how leves are easy to hard depending on what mob your attacking. You get to know if you can kick it up a notch next time you fight that enemy. I like being in at launch, great to see all the bad stuff and even better to see SE fix it. Best thing about this game its a constantly evolving, for the good or easy.

NOTE: Beat question asked in the game so far. "How do i save my game?" ... LMAO I love it.
____________________________
BANNED

#35 Sep 30 2010 at 12:14 PM Rating: Good
***
1,612 posts
I built a new system for this game, spent about $2.5k. While I don't completely love the game, I don't absolutely hate it. Plus, now that I've upgraded my system, I won't need to do it later when TERA Online releases. Oh and I can use DirectX 11 in LotRO now...not that I play it much lol.
____________________________
"Abashed, the devil stood, and felt how awful goodness is..."
#36 Sep 30 2010 at 12:18 PM Rating: Decent
I didn't build a new PC for FFXIV. I built a new PC as part of a plan for a new business and because working with high end consumer hardware gives me a bit of a chubby. It was just an added bonus that it has plenty of bawls to run XIV even though I don't have all settings maxed. And I'm enjoying the game because I don't focus on the things that aren't working so well right now, or the things I wish the game had that it doesn't have yet. And I don't hinge my hopes or the basis of my enjoyment on the game around SE delivering features that they haven't said they were going to deliver. It's amazing what an open mind and a little patience can do.
#37 Sep 30 2010 at 12:35 PM Rating: Decent
*
52 posts
The One and Only Aurelius wrote:
I didn't build a new PC for FFXIV. I built a new PC as part of a plan for a new business and because working with high end consumer hardware gives me a bit of a chubby. It was just an added bonus that it has plenty of bawls to run XIV even though I don't have all settings maxed. And I'm enjoying the game because I don't focus on the things that aren't working so well right now, or the things I wish the game had that it doesn't have yet. And I don't hinge my hopes or the basis of my enjoyment on the game around SE delivering features that they haven't said they were going to deliver. It's amazing what an open mind and a little patience can do.


Well said.
#38 Sep 30 2010 at 12:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
76 posts
irtehscarry wrote:
well look on the bright side... at least you have good PC =)


Totally off topic... But as a fellow UO player I thought you may enjoy this..
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/daoa8/ahh_ultima_online_wipes_nostalgic_tear/


Ahhhh the days of spending countless hours camping IDOC's... Indeed UO remains my favorite MMO of all, allthough I wouldn't play it now it's still my favorite. The sad part is I have yet to see any game since UO have all the features that UO offered...
#39 Sep 30 2010 at 1:17 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Frebaut wrote:
If a game doesn't frustrate you, well then its to dam easy.
Frustration isn't necessarily good, nor does it definitively determine gameplay difficulty. You can put a frustrating UI in place for a very easy game, in turn making the game take much longer to figure out because it's so unintuitive. That's not really a valuable difficulty, that's a needless complication in place of actual difficult gameplay.

PinkMermaid wrote:
I like the game. Now if only all the people who posted that they like they game in this thread posted in the other 127 topics about people hating the game...
I've yet to see a negative thread that didn't include a bunch of people defending the game.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 2:33pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#40 Sep 30 2010 at 1:28 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
84 posts
PinkMermaid wrote:
I like the game. Now if only all the people who posted that they like they game in this thread posted in the other 127 topics about people hating the game...

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 1:03pm by PinkMermaid

I don't post in those threads cuz some of those threads make me mad. And I'd rather be happy. See? People are gonna either love the game, like the game, be "meh" about the game ... or they're gonna hate it. Let them feel how they are gonna feel. I liked it and that's enough for me!
#41 Sep 30 2010 at 1:35 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Prittis wrote:
proably more than you. i started playing Ultima Online in 1997 and have experienced just about every launnch since. no game has ever required me to upgrade my system just to logon at 1st to find out how laggy/clunky/stupid it is before though. fortuneately i was able to cancel my pre-order before spending anymore for a game that is obviously not ready for prime time, nor will it be for perhaps 6 months.


Absolutely loving the game. You can't be all that ****** since it sounds like you upgraded your pc to "top of the line" from 4 years ago. I bought a new pc and new video card, spent 700 total, and the game runs beautifully with few hiccups.

Sucks that you A) thought the beta was a demo, B) upgraded your pc without looking at the reccomended specs, C) upgraded a pc for a game you didnt know you were going to like, and D) were so bored that you thought we wanted to hear all about it.

If you hated ffxi, you shoulda stayed far away.
____________________________


#42 Sep 30 2010 at 1:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
510 posts
I bought a new graphics card because my old one died. The new (2nd hand one) was a dud and kept overheating. Not only that, it wasn't really up to FFXIV anyway. So in the end I went and bought a 5770 and a new 600W PSU. All in all, plus the £50 for the CE, I've spent near £300. Was it worth it? Good God no!
If people are happy and enjoying this game then all power to them. I'm personally not. I keep coming back time and time again because £300 is a lot to spend on anything you don't like, but I'm just not getting it. I'm tired of marmots. It's as buggy as ****. I don't care for crafting, but feel I very well may have to in order to bring in an income. There's no real *story*.

I've been playing XI on and off since the UK PC release. I'm honestly thinking about going back. Something about XIV just isn't clicking for me.
The only mate I have which is interested in getting the game is waiting for the PS3 release. I might join him and cancel my account until then.

I'll give the 30 day trial a go. I might aswell. But if I'm still not enjoying it like I was XI, WoW or even ROSE Online then it's goodbye for now and see you next year. Yeah, the game's new and has teething problems etc. etc. etc. But my £10 per month can either go to a game which functions correctly or one that doesn't. I'd rather choose the former.

Again, if you're enjoying it then fair play to you. I'm certainly not going to attempt to say 'You're wrong', but whether we're unhappy with the system, miss FFXI/WoW/Whatever too much or are just whiney old gamers with nothing better to do with our time, there's far too many people not enjoying this game and it's very discouraging.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 7:41pm by Unohana
#43 Sep 30 2010 at 1:40 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Louiscool wrote:
Sucks that you A) thought the beta was a demo
Barely anything changed from the open beta to the release. Rest of your points apply though.

Parsalyn wrote:
This thread buffed me with Readers Remorse.
lol



Edited, Sep 30th 2010 2:41pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#44 Sep 30 2010 at 1:46 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
bsphil wrote:
Louiscool wrote:
Sucks that you A) thought the beta was a demo
Barely anything changed from the open beta to the release. Rest of your points apply though.


True, but my major gripe with the beta was the slowga menu. while still slow.. it's a bit faster! Btw Phil, no more premium!? no more anime boob avatar!?! :Sad panda face:
____________________________


#45 Sep 30 2010 at 1:50 PM Rating: Good
**
800 posts
Unohana wrote:

Again, if you're enjoying it then fair play to you. I'm certainly not going to attempt to say 'You're wrong', but whether we're unhappy with the system, miss FFXI/WoW/Whatever too much or are just whiney old gamers with nothing better to do with our time, there's far too many people not enjoying this game and it's very discouraging.


The problem is that the majority of people who dislike the game will come and complain about it on the forums. The majority of people who enjoy the game are actually playing the game. So while it seems like a lot of people are unhappy with it that is a very disproportionate appearance. I suggest logging in, joining a party and asking people in game if you truly want an accurate account of how much people are enjoying it.

And believe it or not, there are many people here trying to convince us that we are indeed wrong for enjoying FFXIV; that if a game doesn't fit their pre-conceived notion of what makes a good game it cannot possibly appeal to anyone else.



Edited, Sep 30th 2010 2:51pm by Hydragyrum
#46 Sep 30 2010 at 2:16 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
510 posts
Hydragyrum wrote:
And believe it or not, there are many people here trying to convince us that we are indeed wrong for enjoying FFXIV; that if a game doesn't fit their pre-conceived notion of what makes a good game it cannot possibly appeal to anyone else.


This is sadly true. I've been airing my gripes on this forum for a while now. Just because I'm honestly finding it less and less appealing to log in. I'm not looking to come on with the intention to slate the game, but when a topic like this pops up (and there's quite a few) I feel like adding my comments. However, I do try to do so from a personal point of view and without attempting to get people to jump on the hate/love bandwagon... perhaps with the exception of my post about the lack of creature diversity.

I'm getting rated down left, right and centre for it though.
#47 Sep 30 2010 at 3:47 PM Rating: Default
38 posts
No regrets here, this game is awesome and will continue to evolve. I am very happy to be part of the launch.
#48 Sep 30 2010 at 3:54 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
278 posts
Sometimes I wonder if Blizzard hires a specialized marketing team to make posts like this. I just dealt with more clunkyness trying to post this from my iPod then I have dealt with in entirety since launch.
#49 Sep 30 2010 at 4:01 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Louiscool wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Louiscool wrote:
Sucks that you A) thought the beta was a demo
Barely anything changed from the open beta to the release. Rest of your points apply though.
True, but my major gripe with the beta was the slowga menu. while still slow.. it's a bit faster! Btw Phil, no more premium!? no more anime boob avatar!?! :Sad panda face:
Sure you aren't thinking lolgaxe? :P

I'm not getting premium again until the forums support (or at least give the option to enable support) for widescreen monitors. It's such a trivially easy thing to do that since they're not doing it I'm refusing to pay them money.

Hydragyrum wrote:
Unohana wrote:
Again, if you're enjoying it then fair play to you. I'm certainly not going to attempt to say 'You're wrong', but whether we're unhappy with the system, miss FFXI/WoW/Whatever too much or are just whiney old gamers with nothing better to do with our time, there's far too many people not enjoying this game and it's very discouraging.
The problem is that the majority of people who dislike the game will come and complain about it on the forums. The majority of people who enjoy the game are actually playing the game. So while it seems like a lot of people are unhappy with it that is a very disproportionate appearance. I suggest logging in, joining a party and asking people in game if you truly want an accurate account of how much people are enjoying it.

And believe it or not, there are many people here trying to convince us that we are indeed wrong for enjoying FFXIV; that if a game doesn't fit their pre-conceived notion of what makes a good game it cannot possibly appeal to anyone else.
Well the same problem is going to exist in the opposing direction if you go in-game and talk to people in a group about how they like the game. You'll find mostly people who love it, because the people that are frustrated with it are less likely to be playing.

I haven't seen many people trying to convince others that you're wrong for enjoying the game. There is a significant difference between people complaining about faults in the game and people arguing that others are "wrong" for having fun. I don't have a doubt in my mind that there are plenty of people having fun as the game exists right now. Just keep in mind that there's a significant number of people that aren't, and just because you're on one side doesn't mean the other doesn't exist or is misguided or is full of idiots, etc.



Edited, Sep 30th 2010 5:11pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#50 Sep 30 2010 at 4:09 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
double'd

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 5:09pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 15 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (15)