Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Crafting fix MY A$$!Follow

#1 Sep 30 2010 at 4:07 PM Rating: Default
**
409 posts
What the **** did SE do this time? It's gotten EVEN WORSE! As a rank 12 Weaver with crafting support spamming rapid synth I can't even complete a Hempen Cloth anymore! Three times in a row I failed a freaking hempen cloth.

SE, why do you seem so intent on destroying the system that's the lynchpin of your video game?
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#2 Sep 30 2010 at 4:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Try standard?
#3 Sep 30 2010 at 4:09 PM Rating: Excellent
*
80 posts
Yea... if you're rank 12 and you're still spamming rapid, that's your fault imo ;x. Also the patch increased the dura loss on a failed rapid attempt.
#4 Sep 30 2010 at 4:09 PM Rating: Default
**
269 posts
Try reading the patch notes beforeraging
____________________________
MUTED
#5 Sep 30 2010 at 4:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
167 posts
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
What the **** did SE do this time? It's gotten EVEN WORSE! As a rank 12 Weaver with crafting support spamming rapid synth I can't even complete a Hempen Cloth anymore! Three times in a row I failed a freaking hempen cloth.

SE, why do you seem so intent on destroying the system that's the lynchpin of your video game?


I'm pretty sure they made it to where rapid was not as easy. They didn't want people just using rapid all the way through, so they increased the durability loss from using rapid.
#6 Sep 30 2010 at 4:11 PM Rating: Good
*
51 posts
lol i failed it 14 times in a row yesterday.. i needed inventory space anyways so i dont mind that much.. was only going to surprise my brother with a few hempen items.. just not going to now.. lol

i did however after the fact figure out that it was not totally my fault.. but i have not tried to craft today yet.
____________________________
Maka Albarn of Saronia
Conjurer & Botanist
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=2547214

"It was my right to murder you anywhere and steal your house!, then Trammel came along and wrecked all the fun."
- Me of course.
#7 Sep 30 2010 at 4:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
Crafting fix MY A$$!

Yeah crafting fixed my *** too... it was WAY too tight before.


Edited, Sep 30th 2010 10:26pm by Timorith
____________________________

Melaahna Valiera
#8 Sep 30 2010 at 4:35 PM Rating: Good
*
127 posts
Timorith wrote:
Yeah crafting fixed my *** too... it was WAY too tight before.


So that's where all those bronze raising hammers people have been searching for are at...
#9 Sep 30 2010 at 4:48 PM Rating: Default
**
412 posts
...it's even harder to make anything now.
Standard and rapid have the the same amount of durability loss.
Standard still gives you 10 dura 10 progress when it succeeds...and it still fails just as often.

Dodo Leather are still impossible to make at level 15.
____________________________
They appeared from the sky, the one without a heart... "Omega"...And the one who followed it..."Shinryuu"...
Final Fantasy 5
#10 Sep 30 2010 at 4:52 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
3,005 posts
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
What the **** did SE do this time? It's gotten EVEN WORSE! As a rank 12 Weaver with crafting support spamming rapid synth I can't even complete a Hempen Cloth anymore! Three times in a row I failed a freaking hempen cloth.

SE, why do you seem so intent on destroying the system that's the lynchpin of your video game?



You must be doing it wrong. I just made beeswax as a rank 5 Alchemist five times in a row with no botches (although it was close a few times). That's with a weathered alembic and no crafting gear or support.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 6:53pm by ChrisMattern
____________________________
Chris Mattern
#11 Sep 30 2010 at 4:55 PM Rating: Good
*
121 posts
ChrisMattern wrote:

You must be doing it wrong. I just made beeswax as a rank 5 Alchemist five times in a row with no botches (although it was close a few times). That's with a weathered alembic and no crafting gear or support.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 6:53pm by ChrisMattern


You're doing it wrong if you don't think that crafting has a blind luck factor - there are way too many unknown variables in the crafting system right now to be calling anyones perception wrong right now.
____________________________
+-[OMGItsJez]-+
#12 Sep 30 2010 at 5:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
575 posts
loyaltrekie wrote:
ChrisMattern wrote:

You must be doing it wrong. I just made beeswax as a rank 5 Alchemist five times in a row with no botches (although it was close a few times). That's with a weathered alembic and no crafting gear or support.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 6:53pm by ChrisMattern


You're doing it wrong if you don't think that crafting has a blind luck factor - there are way too many unknown variables in the crafting system right now to be calling anyones perception wrong right now.


I'll admit there is luck involved, but don't take the unknown variables too far. There probably isn't really much else to it than what we already know and luck. This kind of thinking led FFXI players to follow factless directional facing apps, crafting only at certain hours, moon phases or a bunch of other nonsense that had no relationship to the success of a synth.
#13 Sep 30 2010 at 5:30 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
ChrisMattern wrote:
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
What the **** did SE do this time? It's gotten EVEN WORSE! As a rank 12 Weaver with crafting support spamming rapid synth I can't even complete a Hempen Cloth anymore! Three times in a row I failed a freaking hempen cloth.

SE, why do you seem so intent on destroying the system that's the lynchpin of your video game?



You must be doing it wrong. I just made beeswax as a rank 5 Alchemist five times in a row with no botches (although it was close a few times). That's with a weathered alembic and no crafting gear or support.



beeswax is easy synth. In beta I made beeswax as a level 1 alchemist almost without fail.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 4:31pm by Olorinus
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#14 Sep 30 2010 at 5:40 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
46 posts
I'm level 10 weaver and I can even make a friggin rope belt, much less hempen cloth. this is bull.
#15 Sep 30 2010 at 5:42 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
46 posts
geoncic wrote:
I'm level 10 weaver and I can even make a friggin rope belt, much less hempen cloth. this is bull.


And I have a level 7 needle
#16 Sep 30 2010 at 5:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
463 posts
Vawn43 wrote:
loyaltrekie wrote:
ChrisMattern wrote:

You must be doing it wrong. I just made beeswax as a rank 5 Alchemist five times in a row with no botches (although it was close a few times). That's with a weathered alembic and no crafting gear or support.

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 6:53pm by ChrisMattern


You're doing it wrong if you don't think that crafting has a blind luck factor - there are way too many unknown variables in the crafting system right now to be calling anyones perception wrong right now.


I'll admit there is luck involved, but don't take the unknown variables too far. There probably isn't really much else to it than what we already know and luck. This kind of thinking led FFXI players to follow factless directional facing apps, crafting only at certain hours, moon phases or a bunch of other nonsense that had no relationship to the success of a synth.


werent there like a million simulations and spreadsheets put out that showed all the factors you just said were nonsense were in fact true? correct me if im wrong as its been a while since i played xi but i definately followed at least the direction and moon phase guidelines for my crafting/gardening.

***edit*** already found alot about elemental compasses and calendars and etc on quite a few other sites, seems probable that these same hidden influences will remain in xiv.

http://www.ffxivorigin.com/crafting-general/1268-elemental-theory.html

Edited, Sep 30th 2010 6:54pm by Elamille
____________________________
Gadhelyn wrote:
This one time at FFXIV camp I tried to get a 3 person party going, but just ended up as a Disciple of the Hand.


#17 Sep 30 2010 at 8:30 PM Rating: Decent
**
658 posts
I thought that those spreadsheets turned out to be a hoax.
____________________________
[ffxisig]121077[/ffxisig]
#18 Sep 30 2010 at 8:35 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Pretty much everything about crafting outside of moon phase made essentially no difference, IIRC. Of course, that was settled like, 4 years ago, so I don't really have a handy link for all that stuff.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)