Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

benchmark score?Follow

#1 Oct 01 2010 at 9:26 AM Rating: Decent
28 posts
Not sure what a good or bad score is.. I got a 2250? Running a 9600 gt. Do i need to upgrade my vid card?


Thanks in advance!
#2 Oct 01 2010 at 9:30 AM Rating: Default
*
108 posts
kushing wrote:
Not sure what a good or bad score is.. I got a 2250? Running a 9600 gt. Do i need to upgrade my vid card?


Thanks in advance!


Was that on Low or High settings? What is your CPU?
____________________________
#3 Oct 01 2010 at 9:36 AM Rating: Decent
28 posts
that was on low. Im running a intel core 2 duo. 3.0
#4 Oct 01 2010 at 9:48 AM Rating: Default
*
108 posts
kushing wrote:
that was on low. Im running a intel core 2 duo. 3.0


Oh dear. That's not good at all. :( Check out the Computer building Thread. That will give you a good idea on what to upgrade. My advice would be to upgrade both your video card and your CPU.
____________________________
#5 Oct 01 2010 at 9:55 AM Rating: Decent
28 posts
so should i even bother getting the game yet? Im assuming i should wait till i upgrade
#6 Oct 01 2010 at 9:58 AM Rating: Default
*
108 posts
kushing wrote:
so should i even bother getting the game yet? Im assuming i should wait till i upgrade


If you don't care about playing on medium or high settings, you could try to play the game now on low settings. :) But if playing on nedium or high settings matters to you, you should wait till you upgrade.
____________________________
#7 Oct 01 2010 at 10:12 AM Rating: Good
You can play the game fine on that score, especially on low settings. I play the game on my laptop whenever I can't access my desktop, and my laptop scored a 600, yes, a 600 :)

You will be fine with that score. You're still going to find the UI slow, but pretty much everyone does, and load times for npcs and other characters in busy areas might take a little bit, but again, almost everyone is dealing with that.

You will be fine :) Hop in the game and enjoy it with the rest of us! Or come back here and gripe about it on the forums... whatever your thing is :)
____________________________
http://www.pbpmap.com/ - play by post rpgs at their best!


#8 Oct 01 2010 at 11:04 AM Rating: Decent
*
175 posts
I pay with a score of 990

Only problem is NPC load times and animation lag.

I am currently trying to upgrade still
____________________________

Skills & Levels: lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1355392
Bazaar: ffxiv.yg.com/bazaar?fl&mn=Shounin&srv=17
100 local levequests completed!
100 regional levequests completed!
2000 enemies defeated!
#9 Oct 01 2010 at 11:05 AM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
kushing wrote:
so should i even bother getting the game yet? Im assuming i should wait till i upgrade
You can get by just fine on low settings with that score. Don't expect anything amazing, but it will run with what you have now.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#10 Oct 01 2010 at 11:15 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
514 posts
jwhite1083 wrote:
kushing wrote:
that was on low. Im running a intel core 2 duo. 3.0



Oh dear. That's not good at all. :( Check out the Computer building Thread. That will give you a good idea on what to upgrade. My advice would be to upgrade both your video card and your CPU.


For now, your CPU is fine, if you want to upgrade anything, I would advise to start with your GPU. I benched 1350-1380 on low with a Core2 duo 2.93GHz and a GT220 and ran the OB with minor lag. If you are on a budget, I've been reading a lot of good post about Core2 Duo's paired with HD 5770's which is what I will be getting next week.
____________________________
DemonAdrastos of Titan(Retired)
PLD83, THF79, NIN85, WAR45, RDM45, SMN31, DRK37, DRG25
Windurst 10, Promathia COMPLETE, Zilart COMPLETE, ToAU 20

Paladin ~ Deimos Adrastos of Behemoth
#11 Oct 01 2010 at 1:04 PM Rating: Decent
28 posts
Sweet thanks.

And as far as a gamepad is concered,can i just use a ps3 controller? Ive never played a pc game with a gamepad so im kinda lost on that subject.
#12 Oct 01 2010 at 1:04 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
kushing wrote:
Sweet thanks.

And as far as a gamepad is concered,can i just use a ps3 controller? Ive never played a pc game with a gamepad so im kinda lost on that subject.
Why start now? The game works just as well on a keyboard as it does on a controller.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#13 Oct 01 2010 at 1:10 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
153 posts
disagreed. Until they add party targeting on keyboard, the gamepad is far better.
____________________________
FFXI :Fenrir / Gael / 75 THF
FFXIV : Figaro / Devan Glasio / XX Conj
My Conjurer Guide
Small Durability and Optimal Rank Guide
#14 Oct 01 2010 at 1:16 PM Rating: Default
28 posts
so this means i can or cant use a ps3 controller?
#15 Oct 01 2010 at 1:18 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Yeah you can use a ps3 controller on a PC.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 24 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (24)