I need to be real with myself and admit that they messed this game up. It's not that good at all.
1) No Auction house: Big mistake. It shouldnt be this hard to trade. Needed an AH from the jump.
2) WEAK questing system: Was expecting a lot of NPCs to tell cool stories and give tons quests similar to FFXI
3) Starting jobs are a joke: Crafting system is WACK. Weak classes with less than impressive special moves.
4) Battle system is WACKER and too glitchy.
5) Failed to draw me in. The lore is WEAK.
No need for anyone to get offended. These are my opinions. I wanted this game to be better than FFXI but it's not. No need for me to convince myself that FFXIV is better. SE has been working on this one for years. No excuses. They dropped the ball. I'll keep my eye on this one over time and I hope that it improves.