Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

At what rank does the chain of storyline quests start ?Follow

#1 Oct 01 2010 at 5:02 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
31 posts
I finished the beginning chain of quests and i was wondering at what rank does the next chain of them start?


Also, how do I check to see which of my equips is the damaged one? I removed all of my gear and the damaged gear symbol is still on my screen. Where do i get it fixed?
#2 Oct 01 2010 at 5:11 PM Rating: Default
****
9,526 posts
at Rank 10 I believe. I haven't done them though.

There are repair npcs in each city. Which city are you in?
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#3 Oct 01 2010 at 5:13 PM Rating: Good
***
2,883 posts
Kiwwa wrote:
I finished the beginning chain of quests and i was wondering at what rank does the next chain of them start?


Also, how do I check to see which of my equips is the damaged one? I removed all of my gear and the damaged gear symbol is still on my screen. Where do i get it fixed?


The begining city chain quests start at rank 1 and you are eligible for the next part at rank 10.
Depending on city, your quest will be either Court in the Sands (Ul'dah), Treasure of the Main (Limsa Liminsa), or Souls gone Wild (Gridania). Check your Journal after your first CS when starting the game and it should give you some instructions.

As far as damaged gear, your undergarments which you cannot trade, can be damaged. You can get it repaired by many of the repair NPC's in the main cities. When you talk to them, they will tell you which pieces of gear are damaged and will repair it for you for a fee.
____________________________


Return1 argued with Mellowy and wrote:

Seriously, you won't be @#%^ing happy until SE releases a full sized Bahamut avatar you can @#%^ing ride and use to kill players that annoy you, one shot AV/PW/Shinryuu, and burn the FFXI nations to the @#%^ing ground for fun. All while actually restoring mp used instead of costing any.

#4 Oct 01 2010 at 7:23 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,005 posts
ImmortalAlchemist wrote:
Kiwwa wrote:
I finished the beginning chain of quests and i was wondering at what rank does the next chain of them start?


Also, how do I check to see which of my equips is the damaged one? I removed all of my gear and the damaged gear symbol is still on my screen. Where do i get it fixed?


The begining city chain quests start at rank 1 and you are eligible for the next part at rank 10.
Depending on city, your quest will be either Court in the Sands (Ul'dah), Treasure of the Main (Limsa Liminsa), or Souls gone Wild (Gridania). Check your Journal after your first CS when starting the game and it should give you some instructions.

As far as damaged gear, your undergarments which you cannot trade, can be damaged. You can get it repaired by many of the repair NPC's in the main cities. When you talk to them, they will tell you which pieces of gear are damaged and will repair it for you for a fee.


I got Court in the Sands at Thaumaturge Rank 7; I believe this is a discount given to Thaumaturges because the quest concerns itself a great deal with thaumaturgy. I suspect that the other two cities also each have a favored class that gets the Rank 10 quest early, but, if so, I have no clue as to what the classes might be.
____________________________
Chris Mattern
#5 Oct 01 2010 at 7:32 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,416 posts
1 > 6 > 11 > 16 > 21 > 26 > end.

20~ also starts class specific quests.

Quote:
I believe this is a discount given to Thaumaturges because the quest concerns itself a great deal with thaumaturgy.


=/

Edited, Oct 2nd 2010 1:33am by Hyanmen
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#6 Oct 01 2010 at 7:49 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
463 posts
and just to confirm these quests are avaliable at physical level or class rank? if i were guessing i would say physical as your class rank varies and you may be eligible on one class but not another. but far stranger things have happened.
____________________________
Gadhelyn wrote:
This one time at FFXIV camp I tried to get a 3 person party going, but just ended up as a Disciple of the Hand.


#7 Oct 01 2010 at 8:14 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
188 posts
Hyanmen wrote:
1 > 6 > 11 > 16 > 21 > 26 > end.

20~ also starts class specific quests.


Edited, Oct 2nd 2010 1:33am by Hyanmen


Do the class specific quests have stories, or are they more like guildleves?

This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)