Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Best Class (fun thread)Follow

#652 Oct 07 2010 at 6:13 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
167 posts
Archer is screwed.

-3 Archer....
#653 Oct 07 2010 at 6:24 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,500 posts
Nylianna wrote:
Archer is screwed.

-3 Archer....
You can't be sure enough!
Archer +3

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 12:24pm by kenage
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#654 Oct 07 2010 at 7:00 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,811 posts
Archer +3
____________________________

Quote:
The Path to **** is paved with good intentions.
#655 Oct 07 2010 at 7:17 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
*
227 posts
Whoops, didn't read too closely earlier--+3 Archer.
#656 Oct 07 2010 at 7:38 AM Rating: Good
**
711 posts
Gladiator +3
____________________________
春天不是讀書天,
夏日炎炎正好眠,
等到秋來冬又至,
收拾書包好過年。

#657 Oct 07 2010 at 7:48 AM Rating: Good
Guru
**
254 posts
Build a bridge out of 'er!

Archer +3
____________________________
FFXI: Shassa (Sylph) 75 THF/NIN, THF/RNG, retired '08 ** EQ2: Shassia (Lucan D'Lere) 80 SK, retired '06 ** EQ: Shassa (Bertoxx/Terris Thule) 50 SK, retired '02
#658 Oct 07 2010 at 8:15 AM Rating: Default
*
86 posts
PGL+3
#659 Oct 07 2010 at 8:21 AM Rating: Good
*****
16,959 posts
Archer +3
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#660 Oct 07 2010 at 8:27 AM Rating: Good
*
95 posts
Archer +3 :P
____________________________
FFXIV Server: Masamune
Character: Biggs Beoulve
Jobs: 50 PLD, 50 WAR, 50 DRG
#661 Oct 07 2010 at 9:00 AM Rating: Excellent
*
131 posts
Archer +2
Pug +1


I have a feeling that we won't be seeing the Archer next round . . .

OR WILL WE!? Dum dum dummmm
____________________________
Aurelius wrote:
I too recall the days of my childhood when an empty cardboard box and a little imagination could be one of the most entertaining things in the world. Of course, as my experiences evolved so too did my interests and my tastes in entertainment and while I could probably still find limited entertainment value in a large enough empty cardboard box, I certainly wouldn't pay someone a monthly fee for the privilege of access to it.
#662 Oct 07 2010 at 9:04 AM Rating: Good
BlueDolphin wrote:
The highest NUMBER of votes that day (positive or negative), or the highest SCORE? Maybe its early, I just wanted to make sure.

It's the highest total score at the end of the day.
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#663 Oct 07 2010 at 9:07 AM Rating: Good
***
1,022 posts
+1 Archer
-1 Armorer
____________________________
Main character: AutumEmber
60blm/whm Rank 7 Windurst
Linkshell: SeraphsDarkside
Server: Bismarck
#664 Oct 07 2010 at 9:22 AM Rating: Excellent
*
131 posts
Will the last rule mean that the last person to rate up the highest class (ultimately delivering the killing blow) get that kill added to their kill count? You know, for that rule that said 3 kills = more points to distribute.
____________________________
Aurelius wrote:
I too recall the days of my childhood when an empty cardboard box and a little imagination could be one of the most entertaining things in the world. Of course, as my experiences evolved so too did my interests and my tastes in entertainment and while I could probably still find limited entertainment value in a large enough empty cardboard box, I certainly wouldn't pay someone a monthly fee for the privilege of access to it.
#665 Oct 07 2010 at 9:47 AM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
armor - 3.. death to DoH
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#666 Oct 07 2010 at 9:54 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
167 posts
I do not like this rule one bit. lol
#667 Oct 07 2010 at 9:56 AM Rating: Good
KingKon wrote:
Will the last rule mean that the last person to rate up the highest class (ultimately delivering the killing blow) get that kill added to their kill count? You know, for that rule that said 3 kills = more points to distribute.

Mik may have to correct me on this one, but I believe the kill rule only applies when you bring a class down to 0 points. Otherwise there's not really a way to determine who actually got the "kill", since the class could have been in last place well before the final vote. Here's an update with the morning votes:

Archer 91
Marauder 60
Gladiator 57
Pugilist 49
Armorer 23
Lancer 28

Archer has really skyrocketed upwards. Remember, you get 3 votes to use per post (for today only, but remember that the cooldown is still 4 hours), so any of the others could easily catch up if people put their minds to it. Happy voting!

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 10:57am by Daimakaicho
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#668 Oct 07 2010 at 10:00 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
167 posts
Daimakaicho, Eater of Souls wrote:
KingKon wrote:
Will the last rule mean that the last person to rate up the highest class (ultimately delivering the killing blow) get that kill added to their kill count? You know, for that rule that said 3 kills = more points to distribute.

Mik may have to correct me on this one, but I believe the kill rule only applies when you bring a class down to 0 points. Otherwise there's not really a way to determine who actually got the "kill", since the class could have been in last place well before the final vote. Here's an update with the morning votes:

Archer 91
Marauder 60
Gladiator 57
Pugilist 49
Armorer 23
Lancer 28

Archer has really skyrocketed upwards. Remember, you get 3 votes to use per post (for today only, but remember that the cooldown is still 4 hours), so any of the others could easily catch up if people put their minds to it. Happy voting!

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 10:57am by Daimakaicho


Holy Sh*t. After all that hard work voting for Archer, archer lovers get penalized for having the most votes at the start of the round. IMO the only way this rule is fair is if every class started at an even number, but it is what it is.
#669 Oct 07 2010 at 10:05 AM Rating: Excellent
*
131 posts
I gotta agree with you Nylianna, I dislike the rule aswell. But I need the Archers to lose, so im not really fighting over it either.

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 12:12pm by KingKon
____________________________
Aurelius wrote:
I too recall the days of my childhood when an empty cardboard box and a little imagination could be one of the most entertaining things in the world. Of course, as my experiences evolved so too did my interests and my tastes in entertainment and while I could probably still find limited entertainment value in a large enough empty cardboard box, I certainly wouldn't pay someone a monthly fee for the privilege of access to it.
#670 Oct 07 2010 at 10:11 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
167 posts
Well at least I can stop voting like a stalker every 4 hours to the second once Archer leaves.
#671 Oct 07 2010 at 10:17 AM Rating: Good
Nylianna wrote:
Holy Sh*t. After all that hard work voting for Archer, archer lovers get penalized for having the most votes at the start of the round. IMO the only way this rule is fair is if every class started at an even number, but it is what it is.

Archer started the day only 4 points ahead of gladiator (and 6 ahead of marauder). That's not a big lead at all. Mik and I decided to make the vote count 3 so that other classes could catch up more easily. It just so happens that most people this morning have been putting all their points into archer, causing the huge lead, but I don't really think that the rule is making it unfair. Everyone has an equal opportunity to take advantage of the new rule. The main goal here was to shake things up and give the underdogs a chance to come back. There's still plenty of time for this to go any way.
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#672 Oct 07 2010 at 10:26 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
167 posts
Daimakaicho, Eater of Souls wrote:
Nylianna wrote:
Holy Sh*t. After all that hard work voting for Archer, archer lovers get penalized for having the most votes at the start of the round. IMO the only way this rule is fair is if every class started at an even number, but it is what it is.

Archer started the day only 4 points ahead of gladiator (and 6 ahead of marauder). That's not a big lead at all. Mik and I decided to make the vote count 3 so that other classes could catch up more easily. It just so happens that most people this morning have been putting all their points into archer, causing the huge lead, but I don't really think that the rule is making it unfair. Everyone has an equal opportunity to take advantage of the new rule. The main goal here was to shake things up and give the underdogs a chance to come back. There's still plenty of time for this to go any way.


I'm not going to argue the rule. I'm playing the game. It just doesn't sit well with me personally.
#673 Oct 07 2010 at 10:47 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,673 posts
Archer -3

Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
So now I have suddenly gotten a giant load thrust upon me and have been unable to get on here at all.


I bet you like having giant loads thrust upon you.

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 12:53pm by Geffe
#674 Oct 07 2010 at 10:49 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
167 posts
Geffe the Meaningless wrote:
Archer +3


I thought you liked archer? The new rule gets rid of the highest vote class.
#675 Oct 07 2010 at 10:49 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
556 posts
AHh!!! Archer-3 Top Dog gets the axe at Midnight!!!!
____________________________
Jayy Submor-Hyperion-Slash Flex
#676 Oct 07 2010 at 10:52 AM Rating: Good
***
1,673 posts
I am a robot. Fixing it now.
#677 Oct 07 2010 at 10:55 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
167 posts
Archer -3
#678 Oct 07 2010 at 11:12 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
742 posts
Lancer +3
the massacre of archer seems to be safe in others hands
____________________________
This is another bizarre and thankless situation you've gotten us in.
#679 Oct 07 2010 at 12:20 PM Rating: Good
**
419 posts
Gladiator+2 Archer+1
____________________________


#680 Oct 07 2010 at 12:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
531 posts
Lancer +3!
____________________________






#681 Oct 07 2010 at 1:04 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Daimakaicho, Eater of Souls wrote:
BlueDolphin wrote:
The highest NUMBER of votes that day (positive or negative), or the highest SCORE? Maybe its early, I just wanted to make sure.

It's the highest total score at the end of the day.


Correct.

Daimakaicho, Eater of Souls wrote:
KingKon wrote:
Will the last rule mean that the last person to rate up the highest class (ultimately delivering the killing blow) get that kill added to their kill count? You know, for that rule that said 3 kills = more points to distribute.

Mik may have to correct me on this one, but I believe the kill rule only applies when you bring a class down to 0 points. Otherwise there's not really a way to determine who actually got the "kill", since the class could have been in last place well before the final vote.


Also correct.

Daimakaicho, Eater of Souls wrote:
Nylianna wrote:
Holy Sh*t. After all that hard work voting for Archer, archer lovers get penalized for having the most votes at the start of the round. IMO the only way this rule is fair is if every class started at an even number, but it is what it is.

Archer started the day only 4 points ahead of gladiator (and 6 ahead of marauder). That's not a big lead at all. Mik and I decided to make the vote count 3 so that other classes could catch up more easily. It just so happens that most people this morning have been putting all their points into archer, causing the huge lead, but I don't really think that the rule is making it unfair. Everyone has an equal opportunity to take advantage of the new rule. The main goal here was to shake things up and give the underdogs a chance to come back. There's still plenty of time for this to go any way.


Yeah, I was figuring when I picked this rule that it would cause the classes on top to get voted down and the classes on the bottom to get voted up and throw off the equilibrium. I didn't expect everyone to dogpile the one already on top.

Geffe the Meaningless wrote:
Archer -3

Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
So now I have suddenly gotten a giant load thrust upon me and have been unable to get on here at all.


I bet you like having giant loads thrust upon you.

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 12:53pm by Geffe


I hate you.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#682 Oct 07 2010 at 1:06 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Archer      83 
Marauder    60    
Gladiator   59  
Pugilist    49   
Lancer      34  
Armorer     23 

____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#683 Oct 07 2010 at 1:19 PM Rating: Excellent
**
711 posts
Gladiator +3
____________________________
春天不是讀書天,
夏日炎炎正好眠,
等到秋來冬又至,
收拾書包好過年。

#684 Oct 07 2010 at 1:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
*
227 posts
ARC -2/PGL+1
#685 Oct 07 2010 at 1:48 PM Rating: Decent
**
519 posts
Weaver -3 gtfo nyuka lol


I'M RICK JAMES BIOTCH!

not anymore....
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#686 Oct 07 2010 at 2:05 PM Rating: Excellent
*
131 posts
Marauder -3
____________________________
Aurelius wrote:
I too recall the days of my childhood when an empty cardboard box and a little imagination could be one of the most entertaining things in the world. Of course, as my experiences evolved so too did my interests and my tastes in entertainment and while I could probably still find limited entertainment value in a large enough empty cardboard box, I certainly wouldn't pay someone a monthly fee for the privilege of access to it.
#687 Oct 07 2010 at 2:21 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
54 posts
GLA +3
#688 Oct 07 2010 at 2:28 PM Rating: Good
***
1,673 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
I didn't expect everyone to dogpile the one already on top.


I bet you wish you were the one on top.

You are making this far too easy.
#689 Oct 07 2010 at 2:33 PM Rating: Excellent
*
95 posts
Archer +2, Marauder +1
____________________________
FFXIV Server: Masamune
Character: Biggs Beoulve
Jobs: 50 PLD, 50 WAR, 50 DRG
#690 Oct 07 2010 at 3:09 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
16,959 posts
Gladiator -3
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#691 Oct 07 2010 at 3:11 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Geffe the Meaningless wrote:
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
I didn't expect everyone to dogpile the one already on top.


I bet you wish you were the one on top.

You are making this far too easy.


Actually, I...

...nah. Not gonna go there.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#692 Oct 07 2010 at 3:13 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
 
Archer      80 
Marauder    56    
Gladiator   62  
Pugilist    50   
Lancer      34  
Armorer     23 


I have not one, but TWO earth-shattering rules planned for after tonight's midnight update.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#693 Oct 07 2010 at 3:17 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,811 posts
Archer +1
Gladiator -2

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 5:18pm by Kyoshindi
____________________________

Quote:
The Path to **** is paved with good intentions.
#694 Oct 07 2010 at 3:24 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
****
8,779 posts
gla -3!
____________________________
Quote:
The thing about me is that apparently it's very hard to tell when I'm drunk. So I feel like I'm walking sideways on a UFO and everyone else sees me doing the robot like a pro.
- MojoVIII
i have bathed in the blood of many. my life was spent well.
feral druids do it on all fours.
The One True Prophet of Tonkism.

http://therewillbebrawl.com/
#695 Oct 07 2010 at 3:38 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
167 posts
Archer -3
#696 Oct 07 2010 at 3:40 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,673 posts
Archer -3
#697 Oct 07 2010 at 4:14 PM Rating: Good
**
419 posts
Archer +3
____________________________


#698 Oct 07 2010 at 4:39 PM Rating: Excellent
**
929 posts
Mikhalia the Picky wrote:
The winner is:

Magnesium02 wrote:
Rule Suggestion: At end of day tally the class with the highest vote will get eliminated.


Magnesium02's next vote is TRIPLED as a reward.



Muahahahaha I have power!

Archer +3 = +9
#699 Oct 07 2010 at 6:08 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,017 posts
GLA +3 (now that we cant catch up to archer its safe to use a +3 for gla)
____________________________
-Character Name: Djinnrb (old)
-Server: CaitSith
-Jobs:BLU75 BRD75 THF67 PLD 44 DRG 44 DNC39 NIN37
----------------------------------
-Character Name: Lightpalm
-Asura
-Jobs: WAR54 WHM53 RNG35 SAM70 RUN70
----------------------------------


http://ffxiv.zam.com/wiki/FFXIV_Leveling_Guide

Mithsavvy wrote:
Everything Square Enix does puts out a vibe that says, "I was programmed by someone who read C++ for Dummies after obtaining my degree in MIS"
#700 Oct 07 2010 at 6:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
777 posts
Armorer -3

F'n zombies.
#701 Oct 07 2010 at 6:24 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Armorer - 3. Get that thing outta here!
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 13 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (13)