Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Crafting Leve, didnt receive require material??Follow

#1 Oct 02 2010 at 10:58 AM Rating: Decent
38 posts
So I have just picked up crafting leves for the first time, and of the 6 I picked up, each gave the statement that the required material was received. However after looking up the ingredients for the leve items, I dont have any of the ingredients at all. It would seem I received nothing at all, and my backpack is not full.
#2 Oct 02 2010 at 11:00 AM Rating: Decent
*
86 posts
DontCountToday wrote:
So I have just picked up crafting leves for the first time, and of the 6 I picked up, each gave the statement that the required material was received. However after looking up the ingredients for the leve items, I dont have any of the ingredients at all. It would seem I received nothing at all, and my backpack is not full.




When you take crafting leves the items are kind of assigned as "key items" not items. They don't get into your backpack anywhere. What happens is this: You click synthesize and you get into the position. Now you have the options to input the items you want to craft with Click the "Requested Items" button at the top. Your leves will be located there.

Edited, Oct 2nd 2010 1:01pm by withyouforyou
#3 Oct 02 2010 at 11:04 AM Rating: Decent
38 posts
Thanks for the quick response, got that figured out.

A quick followup question:

Do you need the secondary crafting tools for all items crafted? I assume its for certain items, but just in case it increases chance of success i thought i would ask
#4 Oct 02 2010 at 11:08 AM Rating: Decent
*
86 posts
DontCountToday wrote:
Thanks for the quick response, got that figured out.

A quick followup question:

Do you need the secondary crafting tools for all items crafted? I assume its for certain items, but just in case it increases chance of success i thought i would ask



For certain things it helps. I haven't encountered any craftleves that actually used the secondary tool though. The secondary tool for say, weaver, would be used when making yarn. The grinding wheel would be for rocks, etc. That's really just about all I know about it. Some synths will say "Requires larger accomodations". With those you want to get support unless you're like 15 ranks above the recipe.
#5 Oct 02 2010 at 11:15 AM Rating: Decent
38 posts
thanks again

Also, after finishing a crafting leve, you have to turn in the items before doing another leve?? I just finished my first and it wont seem to let me start any new ones, so I assume I must drop off the items from the first
#6 Oct 02 2010 at 11:19 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,005 posts
withyouforyou wrote:
DontCountToday wrote:
Thanks for the quick response, got that figured out.

A quick followup question:

Do you need the secondary crafting tools for all items crafted? I assume its for certain items, but just in case it increases chance of success i thought i would ask



For certain things it helps. I haven't encountered any craftleves that actually used the secondary tool though. The secondary tool for say, weaver, would be used when making yarn. The grinding wheel would be for rocks, etc. That's really just about all I know about it. Some synths will say "Requires larger accomodations". With those you want to get support unless you're like 15 ranks above the recipe.


I'm still not sure about how off-hand crafting tools work, but I got a number of alchemy local leves that I felt more comfortable using the bronze mortar for: grinding cornmeal, table salt, and so on. I also got carpentry leves I decided I wanted to use the hammer for: making sandals, for one.
____________________________
Chris Mattern
#7 Oct 02 2010 at 11:20 AM Rating: Decent
*
86 posts
DontCountToday wrote:
thanks again

Also, after finishing a crafting leve, you have to turn in the items before doing another leve?? I just finished my first and it wont seem to let me start any new ones, so I assume I must drop off the items from the first



I'm not too sure what you mean by this. Every time my leves reset I pick up 8 local leves. I usually run from town to Camp Bearded Rock, or wherever. Most of my leves will give me the materials. Some will require me to talk to NPCs. I gather all my materials and I usually craft ALL of the items for ALL 8 of my leves. At this point I run to each NPC listed in the leve and I turn all of my leves in for rewards.

TL:DR Yes, you must turn them in. The NPCs act as "Aethyrite" for local leves.
#8 Oct 02 2010 at 11:21 AM Rating: Decent
38 posts
oops nm found out some of the leves require you to pick up the items first thats the message i was getting
#9 Oct 02 2010 at 11:21 AM Rating: Decent
*
86 posts
ChrisMattern wrote:
I'm still not sure about how off-hand crafting tools work, but I got a number of alchemy local leves that I felt more comfortable using the bronze mortar for: grinding cornmeal, table salt, and so on. I also got carpentry leves I decided I wanted to use the hammer for: making sandals, for one.



That's pretty much what I was getting at. If it makes logical sense then the chances are that it's the way it is.
#10 Oct 02 2010 at 12:11 PM Rating: Decent
14 posts
The devs at SE have been surprisingly forthcoming about some aspects of synthing.
Quote:
Q. I am able to choose between using my main hand or off hand tool when beginning a synthesis. What is the difference?
A. Main hand and off hand tools have varying characteristics which manifest themselves in different ways when a high-quality result is achieved while synthesizing. There are many possible outcomes. For instance, a successful synthesis with a main hand tool may result in a +1 or +2 item, while the result obtained with an off hand tool may be a higher yield of regular quality items.

The rest of their Q&A on synthesizing can be found here, http://ffxiv.zam.com/story.html?story=23493.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)