Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

No EXP penalty = Guildleves ZergFollow

#1 Oct 03 2010 at 12:06 PM Rating: Sub-Default
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Since there is no EXP penalty in FFXIV, our guildleve has perfectionated the new beat-it-all
tactics of "Guildleve Zombie-Zerg". We trade in guildleves far beyond our level, and when we
die we simply run back and keep on smacking the mob. Works 100%, no other tactics required as
long as at least 1 member is always engaged with the mob (to prevent healing).

***** battle regimens, skillchains and magic bursts. Just zerg it!
#2 Oct 03 2010 at 12:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
133 posts
Worked a lot better before they implemented double weakness and 10 minute aetheryte cooldown.
#3 Oct 03 2010 at 12:45 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
Eldonia wrote:
Worked a lot better before they implemented double weakness and 10 minute aetheryte cooldown.


I've never had weakness last longer than 1m30s with Onion Helm? When did this come in?
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#4 Oct 03 2010 at 12:50 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Double weakness also doesn't change a thing for us ^^
Tha basic idea is: get in a few hits, and then be prepared to die anyway.
#5 Oct 03 2010 at 1:04 PM Rating: Excellent
**
265 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Double weakness also doesn't change a thing for us ^^
Tha basic idea is: get in a few hits, and then be prepared to die anyway.

and it'll stop working once you start getting leves that one shot your entire group and regen to full before you can run back to it.

and on the topic of onion helm, the death penalty reduction stops working at rank 10.
#6 Oct 03 2010 at 1:54 PM Rating: Excellent
*
183 posts
No experience loss is a good thing. I find myself taking more risks then I did with 11. And when I succeed at pulling off a risky manuver, I find myself a happier person for it. As for zerg swarming, I don't see that as a very productive way to play.
#7 Oct 03 2010 at 3:50 PM Rating: Default
**
602 posts
This is a great way to get gil and Physical exp that's it. When you return it erases all your SP(skill points) you earned on that mob. If all your after is gil and Physical exp this works well. As for me I do the Guild Leves for SP.
____________________________
BANNED

#8 Oct 03 2010 at 4:10 PM Rating: Good
***
2,815 posts
Not to mention the gear damage will start getting really expensive around lvl 20. There IS a death penalty and it is huge equipment damage.
____________________________
Minecraft : My anti-MMO
Terraria : My anti-Minecraft
#9 Oct 03 2010 at 4:27 PM Rating: Good
**
429 posts
This stops working when you start paying 8000-16000 gil per piece of armor that needs to be repaired.
#10 Oct 03 2010 at 4:33 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
575 posts
Hey if it works more power to you, but I'll say this. I don't think that's how SE intended you to do leves. And you know what happens when SE think you're doing something in way they didn't intend...
#11 Oct 03 2010 at 4:46 PM Rating: Decent
*
121 posts
Wolfums wrote:
This stops working when you start paying 8000-16000 gil per piece of armor that needs to be repaired.


Weird considering I'm R32 and I've never spent more then 1k on a piece of gear - when exactly does what your proposed start happening?
____________________________
+-[OMGItsJez]-+
#12 Oct 03 2010 at 5:06 PM Rating: Good
**
429 posts
loyaltrekie wrote:
Weird considering I'm R32 and I've never spent more then 1k on a piece of gear - when exactly does what your proposed start happening?


http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3070/ffxivgame20101003190251.jpg

When you get gear higher than rank 6.
#13 Oct 03 2010 at 5:41 PM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
loyaltrekie wrote:
Wolfums wrote:
This stops working when you start paying 8000-16000 gil per piece of armor that needs to be repaired.


Weird considering I'm R32 and I've never spent more then 1k on a piece of gear - when exactly does what your proposed start happening?

r32 in weathered gear? 1337sauce
#14 Oct 03 2010 at 7:18 PM Rating: Decent
**
445 posts
why use the repair NPC?
just use your bazzar or retainer, someone will just fix your equip for like..1k?
____________________________
Timfung (Alexander) 75WHM72RDM46PUP Cooking81 (retired)

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1662475
#15 Oct 03 2010 at 7:25 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
421 posts
timmyofalex wrote:
why use the repair NPC?
just use your bazzar or retainer, someone will just fix your equip for like..1k?



alot of crafters in my linkshell was complaining because the repair reward ppls are putting is normaly 1,000gil but the item needed it cost just as much lol..
____________________________
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="guild hosting"><img src="http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/39704_48d6215903dff562.png"></a>
#16 Oct 03 2010 at 8:14 PM Rating: Default
*
80 posts
You realize that any skill that you happen to generate during the fight you don't receive if you die. If you're just going for the rewards that seems pretty pointless.
____________________________
Darkstrx
Server Seraph
Job Drk 75/ Thf 37
LS

#17 Oct 03 2010 at 8:30 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Well if you die and you don't return, and someone from your party kill the mob you DO RECEIVE the SP/EXP.
____________________________




This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)