Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Onion doublet sighted (Faction leve info)Follow

#1 Oct 03 2010 at 7:07 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,815 posts
Just saw someone with a pimping blue shirt. Checked him and was surprised to see him with a 'unique' onion doublet. He was nice enough to tell me it came from a faction levequest, that had to do with opo-opos.

So now we know where those other onion gears will be.

Update: He was nice enough to tell me more info about faction leves.
-Check Faction category daily, leves start appearing for lvl 20.
-All 3 nations show the same faction leve, so no need to check all 3 cities
-The onion doublet came from the faction leve from the faction with "Shield" in the name.
-The leve provided 40 minutes, and 1 star was somewhat more difficult than usual.
-He cleared it as 17 Gladiator, with 3 deaths and 10 minutes remaining.

Update2:
-All Faction categories will show as blank, until you reach 100+ points with a faction, then you will be allowed to see that faction's 100 point quests (and only those). So you're basically not allowed to peek until you can actually take one of the quests.

Edited, Oct 4th 2010 11:09am by RattyBatty

Edited, Oct 4th 2010 11:09am by RattyBatty
____________________________
Minecraft : My anti-MMO
Terraria : My anti-Minecraft
#2 Oct 03 2010 at 7:08 PM Rating: Default
**
265 posts
RattyBatty wrote:
Just saw someone with a pimping blue shirt. Checked him and was surprised to see him with a 'unique' opion doublet. He was nice enough to tell me it came from a faction levequest, that had to do with opo-opos.

So now we know where those other onion gears will be.

Awesome so instead of just having the short bus helmet you can have full short bus armor!
#3 Oct 03 2010 at 7:11 PM Rating: Good
***
2,815 posts
Actually it looked pretty nice, and had some crafting stats among others (he was out of sight too fast but i questionned him in /tell)
____________________________
Minecraft : My anti-MMO
Terraria : My anti-Minecraft
#4 Oct 03 2010 at 7:13 PM Rating: Default
**
265 posts
Interesting. Doesn't make up for the fact that the helmet makes you look like you should be walking around drooling.
#5 Oct 03 2010 at 8:32 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
One guy from my LS has it, apparently yea it only appear for certain faction leve. Another guy in my LS has a different faction leve with give 17k gil and that's it. Some trick people used to do these is getting someone to follow you and heal you and NOT partying with you, or so I heard, as these leve are locked to solo.
____________________________




#6 Oct 03 2010 at 10:53 PM Rating: Excellent
SudoNemesis wrote:
Interesting. Doesn't make up for the fact that the helmet makes you look like you should be walking around drooling.


Trust me, with some of the posts on here and how people 'liek 2 tipe n gaim', they need a helmet.
#7 Oct 04 2010 at 12:58 AM Rating: Good
***
1,608 posts
Reiterpallasch the Flawless Victor wrote:
SudoNemesis wrote:
Interesting. Doesn't make up for the fact that the helmet makes you look like you should be walking around drooling.


Trust me, with some of the posts on here and how people 'liek 2 tipe n gaim', they need a helmet.


Kinda hard to type properly when given the character limit given. It encourages bad typing habits people learned back in the day when texting charged per content amount.

Edited, Oct 4th 2010 1:58am by LyleVertigo
____________________________

#8 Oct 04 2010 at 1:33 AM Rating: Excellent
12 posts
I got one of these yesterday.

The quest is called 'Wanted: Rorogun the Tailtamer' and its a rank 20 faction leve for Azeyma's Shields.

The chest at the end also dropped a black tarred leather belt.

#9 Oct 04 2010 at 6:55 AM Rating: Good
*
175 posts
I see.. so they're like Mark Hunts in FFXII..
____________________________
| I still believe in FFXIV...
My name is pronounced "kai-neh" actually.. and yes, it is feminine..
#10 Oct 04 2010 at 7:06 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,041 posts
I'm around rank 20 and don't have it yet because I've slacked on leves lately for crafting so there's also the point requirement, which iirc was around 100 points.
#11 Oct 04 2010 at 7:23 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,566 posts
I heard the rest of it drops from the faction leve Operation: Taisai.
#12 Oct 04 2010 at 8:22 AM Rating: Decent
**
941 posts
So you have to be combat class to complete the Faction Leves then?

Why even offer Factions credits to me as a Botanist? Am I going to Triangulate people to death?
#13 Oct 04 2010 at 8:24 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
133 posts
Khornette wrote:
Some trick people used to do these is getting someone to follow you and heal you and NOT partying with you, or so I heard, as these leve are locked to solo.


What? That's not true at all, I did this with my girlfriend last night and she didn't have the leve and was in party.
#14 Oct 05 2010 at 12:46 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
22 posts
Screenshot or it didn't happen
____________________________

#15 Oct 05 2010 at 12:59 PM Rating: Decent
**
394 posts
EmotionBlues wrote:
So you have to be combat class to complete the Faction Leves then?

Why even offer Factions credits to me as a Botanist? Am I going to Triangulate people to death?


Because it gives combat classes who also craft/gather another way to earn points?
#16 Oct 05 2010 at 1:06 PM Rating: Decent
**
941 posts
Quote:
Because it gives combat classes who also craft/gather another way to earn points?


Except if you're completing Leves as Botanist you're not completing Battlecraft leves or vice versa, they're both Regional and share the same cooldown.

I can understand Crafting Leves providing Credits and then marching off on your GLD and doing something, sure.

However if every Faction Leve required you to kill something - you couldn't complete those as a Botanist, Miner or Fisherman.

The whole point of DoH/DoL was picking any path you wanted and being an intrugal part of the economy and structure of the game. If you required or wanted someone who wanted to do nothing but fell trees for a living - I'd think that would be outside the general model.

With all that in mind: It seems there are Faction activites that don't require battle (I think!) - I can't confirm but had read something breifly about it yesterday. I think you had to look for Crates inside the city or something.
#17 Oct 05 2010 at 1:10 PM Rating: Good
14 posts
EmotionBlues wrote:
So you have to be combat class to complete the Faction Leves then?

Why even offer Factions credits to me as a Botanist? Am I going to Triangulate people to death?

The Horn And Hand Factionleves involve no Fighting. Just walking around and searching for stuff. And you'll get a bonus for finishing the leve very fast, so your Triangulate will come in very handy. Those Factionleves are especially made for DoL Classes. :)


Edited, Oct 5th 2010 3:18pm by RatofDeath
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 14 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (14)