Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

It just hit me, this game is for REALLY casual playersFollow

#52 Oct 04 2010 at 2:11 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
46 posts
Xclusive215 wrote:
1900's Ford T-models are sputtering down the few paved roads of the richest neighborhoods in America.
1940 the computer is invented. It takes up the space of a large room and uses more energy then 100 modern personal CPU's
1959 Americans land on the Moon
1980/90's commercial mmorpg's are released.
2010 FFXIV is released

the point of this timeline is this. In 1900 the Ford model T had an engine, wheels, doors, exhaust, etc.
in 2010 the cars out STILL resemble the original in some way. They have been upgraded over time, but nobody has attempted to re-invent the wheel.

Technology evolves and people become complacent or just plain expect higher standards. in 1900 it would probably take you 2 months to drive across the US. Now you can take a direct flight in 4 hours time.

I expected SE to keep at least a few of the basic strong points of FFXI, like the expected AH, the chat, and IMPROVE on them. I did not expect them to give me an incomplete game with square wheels, that is imho playing like a game from 1999. God forbid the internetz died one day and everyone had to use the post office or telephone to communicate in lieu of email. Now do you get the point? do you see that the point is not moot???

I'm not asking for some great FFXI v.II at release. I would like an MMO that meets 2010 launch standards at a minimum, anything more would just be a bonus.


I completely agree, there is also a reason every MMO has an AH or at least an adaptation of one, because it works, retainers are the worst idea I have ever seen in any game.
#53 Oct 04 2010 at 2:29 PM Rating: Excellent
**
415 posts
c0d3r wrote:

I completely agree, there is also a reason every MMO has an AH or at least an adaptation of one, because it works, retainers are the worst idea I have ever seen in any game.

Not every MMO has an AH, especially Asian MMO's. The AH concept actually wasn't present in most MMO's until FFXI, and then WoW. Before that, most trading was done through the merchant/bazaar system (EverQuest, Lineage, Ragnarok Online, etc). You guys have just become accustomed to it, which is why you think every MMO has an AH.

It's becoming more and more obvious to me that you guys have some kind of ideal MMO in your mind that you think FFXIV should be like. One guy thinks endgame content is present at the launch of every MMO, which it really isn't. Another thinks most MMO's have AH's, which is quite the opposite.

How interesting.

You should be asking for gameplay and system optimization fixes over content this early in the game.

Edited, Oct 4th 2010 4:33pm by SoumaKyou
#54 Oct 04 2010 at 2:33 PM Rating: Default
*
65 posts
SoumaKyou wrote:


And yeah your absolutely right about the mobs.... LMAO in Bastok starting[/b] area alone there were Worms, bees, Goblins (3 types), Quadavs(3 types), Fireflies, Lizards, and even a NM!!!plus the ones i'm forgetting. In FFXIV you have like 5 mob types for the first 20 levels?

My point is not moot, frankly because your not getting my point in the first place. This game lacks content. That is my point. It is merely a huge time sink game and it's hilarious how people rationalize this fact. It is almost as disgusting as how people confuse time with skill... OMG FFXIV is way harder then WoW.

Anyone that has killed LK on HM in WoW, will NEVER tell you that this incomplete game is harder then WoW.

The concept of static parties apparently eludes you. It's ok, it'll come to you eventually.

You're still sitting here comparing content between a year and a half old game by the time it was released to a barely one and a half week old game (not counting betas for either). Worms, Bees, Goblins, Quadavs, Fireflies, Lizards in one zone? OMG the variety!! Then again, you fail to mention the fact that those same exact mobs are present in pretty much every other zone in the game, which actually equates to... I dunno... a lack of variety? Oh, look, a paradox!

WoW is hard? Lmao. H LK25 is hard, sure. How long did it take for them to come up with any semi-hard raids (Prenerf Kil'jaeden, prenerf Yogg+0, H LK25)? Oh, I dunno... 3 years? Oh, there you go comparing a week-old game to already established games again.

You see where I'm going with this? You keep mentioning Sky when Sky wasn't even out for the original FFXI. It wasn't added until the Rise of the Zilart expansion. This means your point doesn't apply, and is, in fact, moot.

The only real content I can see XIV missing is the Auction House and LFG system. Complaining about any missing endgame content is just dumb this early into release.

Edited, Oct 4th 2010 4:14pm by SoumaKyou [/quote]

So I'm sure you were in Ensidia right or Sk Gaming or Paragon through all the world firsts right?? I can only speak for TBC and on, and [b]Hyjal
and BT was difficult, with Sunwell being added after, in WotLK the focus was on leveling and exploring with Ulduar, Colliseum, and ICC being added on later. You also probably did 3 drakes first shot too right? The things in bold is what I focused on in my guild, and i'm not talking the normal modes.

I never complained about endgame, I'm not level 50.

You think crafting is fine tuned? Higher level ingredients for lower level synths? Really?
You think the UI is good too? LMAO!
You like going into town, running to crystal, and doing same leves until you move to next crystal.. wash/rinse/repeat
You like the chat system?
You like the repair system/durability?
You like the random SP gains?
You like having no trasportation, i.e. chocobos, airship, teleports... just anima thats limited?
You like the fact that Crafters are main jobs in FFXIV?

You my friend are Hardcore. You are a Hardcore Fanboy.

#55Olorinus the Vile, Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 2:48 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I am fine with the game, if you are not, oh well. What can I do about it? Nothing.
#56 Oct 04 2010 at 2:51 PM Rating: Decent
**
415 posts
Xclusive215 wrote:

So I'm sure you were in Ensidia right or Sk Gaming or Paragon through all the world firsts right?? I can only speak for TBC and on, and Hyjal and BT was difficult, with Sunwell being added after, in WotLK the focus was on leveling and exploring with Ulduar, Colliseum, and ICC being added on later. You also probably did 3 drakes first shot too right? The things in bold is what I focused on in my guild, and i'm not talking the normal modes.

I never complained about endgame, I'm not level 50.

You think crafting is fine tuned? Higher level ingredients for lower level synths? Really?
You think the UI is good too? LMAO!
You like going into town, running to crystal, and doing same leves until you move to next crystal.. wash/rinse/repeat
You like the chat system?
You like the repair system/durability?
You like the random SP gains?
You like having no trasportation, i.e. chocobos, airship, teleports... just anima thats limited?
You like the fact that Crafters are main jobs in FFXIV?

You my friend are Hardcore. You are a Hardcore Fanboy.

I was in Void on Mug'thol since WoW patch 1.8 up until I quit (on FFXIV release). We've cleared MC, BWL, AQ40, Naxx40, Hyjal, BT, Sunwell, Naxx25, Uld, ToGC, and H ICC25 including H LK25. Fairly sure the only difficult fights in WoW were prenerf Kil'jaeden, prenerf Yogg+0, and H LK25. Otherwise there wouldn't be thousands of guilds farming 25H ICC up to Sindragosa.

As for your questions that make it obvious you fail at reading comprehension:

1. Read my previous posts.
2. Read my previous posts.
3. Please tell me how that's any more tedious than simply grinding.
4. Oh, look, you found a valid complaint.
5. Yes, actually. The repair system is better than having to run back to an NPC every time you break something.
6. I've seen much worse.
7. Welcome to the early game. You seem to have forgotten the fact that you couldn't rent Chocobos or use the Airship until you got to Jueno, and even the Airship wasn't used outside of traveling from main city to main city until you got past Qufim. Add to the fact that you couldn't even get mounts until Lv30 and Lv60 on WoW. How is FFXIV the only one at fault here?
8. Yes, I do. There are a ton of players who care more about playing the economy rather than killing the next big boss. FFXIV allows this group of players to enjoy their own endgame. This is bad, why?

You're way too closed-minded for your own good. You do realize there are other ways to enjoy a game outside of killing X monster for Y gear, right? You're like one of those people who think that any country that isn't America is doing it wrong, and completely disregards the fact that other cultures do things differently.

Edited, Oct 4th 2010 4:54pm by SoumaKyou
#57 Oct 04 2010 at 2:55 PM Rating: Decent
**
415 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
c0d3r wrote:
For the last week I've been trying to get the feeling for this game, and at first it was quite frustrating with the lack of in-game community help, the lack of direction the game doesn't appear to give much in that respect but I pressed on hoping I would love the game, so I did whatever I could, did guildleves, grinded, tried to level some crafts, it did seem to me like it was not really aimed at the casual player, but more the hardcore player, so this morning I collected another bunch of local and regional guildlevels, and I did the regional ones, then did the local ones for crafting and grinded a little, and then it hit me I did not feel like doing anything else so I logged out, I think this is what SE are actually trying to achieve, I do not feel like I wanna run around the zones for 10-20 minutes at a time hoping I'll stumble across a spawned mob, and I don't want to spend an hour going through bazaars and retainers to find items I need for crafting, I now feel like I don't want to log in until I have more guildleves active, maybe this is not exactly what they had in mind but that's the way it's heading for me, I honestly don't want to login now until I can collect some guildleves so that's in 1 and ½ days time, I think at aiming to casual players they have made it too casual if you go alone with what they have given us, everything they have given us can be done within an hour or 2 per 36 hours, however if you don't like what they have given us you will end up having to work harder and longer and therefor become a hardcore gamer so they have totally missed the point imo.

I will continue to play very casually now and keep my hopes up that something dramatic will change otherwise I fear I will be bored bu the time my 30 days is up :(


This is without a doubt the longest sentence I have ever seen. I think perhaps that the only way you could make this sentence even more epic would be to add a comma or two for effect.


LMAO back on topic though but this is what I have been saying. This game is more casual then WoW.
____________________________
http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=3571 - Mind Control Theories Used By Mass Media
#58 Oct 04 2010 at 3:07 PM Rating: Decent
*
65 posts
Quote:
I was in Void on Mug'thol since WoW patch 1.8 up until I quit (on FFXIV release). We've cleared MC, BWL, AQ40, Naxx40, Hyjal, BT, Sunwell, Naxx25, Uld, ToGC, and H ICC25 including H LK25. Fairly sure the only difficult fights in WoW were prenerf Kil'jaeden, prenerf Yogg+0, and H LK25. Otherwise there wouldn't be thousands of guilds farming 25H ICC up to Sindragosa.


Pretty cool how our guild never killed the "pre-nerf" bosses according to timestamps with
http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/mug-thol/Void
the only people that would even say that those fights are the "only" difficult ones could be elitist pricks in world first guilds, which you are not.

Quote:
As for your questions that make it obvious you fail at reading comprehension:

1. Read my previous posts.
2. Read my previous posts.
3. Please tell me how that's any more tedious than simply grinding.
4. Oh, look, you found a valid complaint.
5. Yes, actually. The repair system is better than having to run back to an NPC every time you break something.
6. I've seen much worse.
7. Welcome to the early game. You seem to have forgotten the fact that you couldn't rent Chocobos or use the Airship until you got to Jueno, and even the Airship wasn't used outside of traveling from main city to main city until you got past Qufim. Add to the fact that you couldn't even get mounts until Lv30 and Lv60 on WoW. How is FFXIV the only one at fault here?
8. Yes, I do. There are a ton of players who care more about playing the economy rather than killing the next big boss. FFXIV allows this group of players to enjoy their own endgame. This is bad, why?


I only responded to the posts that you wrote pertaining to what I addressed. I'm not interested in Necro'ing some random strangers previous posts to see their thoughts, sorry kuppo.

Quote:
ou're way too closed-minded for your own good. You do realize there are other ways to enjoy a game outside of killing X monster for Y gear, right? You're like one of those people who think that any country that isn't America is doing it wrong, and completely disregards the fact that other cultures do things differently.


Are you trying to win the internetz by blindly profiling me?? ok Let me try!!!!! You must be some crazy racist that thinks black people should still be subjected to slavery and women should not be allowed to vote!!Your also homophobic and believe that every muslim is a terrorist!!!

Man that so fun to talk out of my a$$ like you and act like i'm smart or something ^.^

Edited, Oct 4th 2010 4:54pm by SoumaKyou [/quote]
#59 Oct 04 2010 at 3:14 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,178 posts
I find that there is plenty of fun stuff to do when I have time. AND I can at least do something when I have less time.

Some days I'm the casual and some days I'm the even more casual.

Having a great time. Can't wait to see the reorganized market wards.

#60 Oct 04 2010 at 3:21 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
600 posts
Wint wrote:
I'm really enjoying the fact that I can log in for an hour, gain a bunch of experience, chat with friends, and log off feeling like I got something done. I'll be playing for a while to come Smiley: thumbsup


I feel the exact same way. I'm going to enjoy FFXIV for a long time I can tell.
____________________________

Quote:
Fiddle Faddle!

#61 Oct 04 2010 at 3:36 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
35 posts
Wint wrote:
I'm really enjoying the fact that I can log in for an hour, gain a bunch of experience, chat with friends, and log off feeling like I got something done. I'll be playing for a while to come Smiley: thumbsup


this.
____________________________
Yzoho 90 THF
Sylph
#62 Oct 04 2010 at 4:07 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,535 posts
SoumaKyou wrote:
Otherwise there wouldn't be thousands of guilds farming 25H ICC up to Sindragosa.


Such a statement is utterly meaningless without the proper context. Sure, saying that nearly 600 guilds have defeated the Lich King on 25-man Heroic may make it look easy - it looks very different when you point out that it's less than 1% of all raiding guilds.

"Thousands of guilds" doing something doesn't mean it's easy, when there are nearly 70,000 guilds engaged in raiding.
#63 Oct 04 2010 at 4:09 PM Rating: Decent
**
415 posts
Xclusive215 wrote:

Pretty cool how our guild never killed the "pre-nerf" bosses according to timestamps with
http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/mug-thol/Void
the only people that would even say that those fights are the "only" difficult ones could be elitist pricks in world first guilds, which you are not.

Obviously we didn't kill them prenerf, but we did kill them postnerf. Doesn't mean we weren't already at those bosses by the time the nerf hit them. Fact of the matter is, we were working on those kills before they were nerfed, and didn't happen to down them until after the nerf. The fact that we were doing those fights prenerf means we can say whether they were hard or not. You don't need to be in a world top 10 guild to do that, sorry to burst your bubble.

Quote:
Are you trying to win the internetz by blindly profiling me?? ok Let me try!!!!! You must be some crazy racist that thinks black people should still be subjected to slavery and women should not be allowed to vote!!Your also homophobic and believe that every muslim is a terrorist!!!

Man that so fun to talk out of my a$$ like you and act like i'm smart or something ^.^

This would work if your fun little analogy even came remotely close to what I said. Blindly profiling you? You make it obvious enough that you're a narrowminded tool.

Please do learn to make an argument before you try and call someone out, though. It'll help you in the future, I promise.

Quote:
Such a statement is utterly meaningless without the proper context. Sure, saying that nearly 600 guilds have defeated the Lich King on 25-man Heroic may make it look easy - it looks very different when you point out that it's less than 1% of all raiding guilds.

"Thousands of guilds" doing something doesn't mean it's easy, when there are nearly 70,000 guilds engaged in raiding.

You can't count super casual 10-man guilds or casual 25-man guilds who consider themselves "raiding" guilds but struggle to even get past 6/12 reg even with the 30% buff. Those types of players will never see endgame in any game, so they don't count. If you want it in its actual proper context, there are tens of thousands of "raiding" guilds, but really only several thousand progression guilds.

Edited, Oct 4th 2010 6:12pm by SoumaKyou

Edited, Oct 4th 2010 6:13pm by SoumaKyou
#64 Oct 04 2010 at 4:27 PM Rating: Decent
*
65 posts
Quote:
"Thousands of guilds" doing something doesn't mean it's easy, when there are nearly 70,000 guilds engaged in raiding.

You can't count super casual 10-man guilds or casual 25-man guilds who consider themselves "raiding" guilds but struggle to even get past 6/12 reg even with the 30% buff. Those types of players will never see endgame in any game, so they don't count. If you want it in its actual proper context, there are tens of thousands of "raiding" guilds, but really only several thousand progression guilds.[/quote]

And i'm the narrowminded one huh?

regardless of the level of difficulty, raiding is raiding. To discount the guilds that are not AS progressed as you, does not make them a non raiding guild. Jeez maybe you are one of those selfish elitist pricks that give the WoW community a bad name, I think your just some nobody from that server that thinks he's cool in posing how progressed you are. Can I have an armory link to your toon? I'm sure the achievements will note when you quit along with a few raiding kill logs to verify your claims.

http://www.wowprogress.com/

Only .70% of the WoW player base has killed LK HM.... it must be soooOOOOO easy if only .70% of 10 million accounts have the achievement.

actually there isn't even 50% of the playerbase that has completed one fight, not even heroic gunship which is a cake walk.

#65 Oct 04 2010 at 5:11 PM Rating: Default
**
415 posts
Xclusive215 wrote:
And i'm the narrowminded one huh?

regardless of the level of difficulty, raiding is raiding. To discount the guilds that are not AS progressed as you, does not make them a non raiding guild. Jeez maybe you are one of those selfish elitist pricks that give the WoW community a bad name, I think your just some nobody from that server that thinks he's cool in posing how progressed you are. Can I have an armory link to your toon? I'm sure the achievements will note when you quit along with a few raiding kill logs to verify your claims.

http://www.wowprogress.com/

Only .70% of the WoW player base has killed LK HM.... it must be soooOOOOO easy if only .70% of 10 million accounts have the achievement.

actually there isn't even 50% of the playerbase that has completed one fight, not even heroic gunship which is a cake walk.

LOL. Raiding is raiding? Please. Progression raiding is completely different from casual raiding, especially considering even pugs can clear 9/12 25 Heroic and kill regular Lich King within 8 hours (a good number of non-guild GDKP runs do this weekly on several servers).

Here's a little help, considering you're apparently good enough to know the difference between a difficult fight.

Eliminate H Marrowgar, H Lootship, H Rotface, H Fester, H Princes, H BQL, and H Dreamwalker. Any decent pug can clear those bosses. So that leaves us with the first actual semi-difficult boss fight in Heroic 25ICC, Saurfang. I'd say it's a valid starting point to gauge which guilds actually count in terms of what is considered "end game."

Guilds that have killed Saurfang: 9541
Guilds that have killed Sindragosa: 4571

That's 47% of progression guilds who can clear to the second-to-last boss in WoW's current endgame. I'd say that's a very good amount, and certainly qualifies within the "attainable" category.

When you get to H LK, that's when it drops drastically, which is why I say it's the only difficult fight in ICC unless your guild is especially terrible and can't even get to heroic Saurfang.

Posting my armory would be useless. Both you and I could call each other out and post the armories of anyone just to try and lolepeen this whole argument. I'll just say though, that I'm still currently a big contributor to Hunter theorycrafting/helping Hunters min/max, and I'm still very active on the WoW Hunter forums. My account doesn't expire until the 15th of this month.
#66 Oct 04 2010 at 5:34 PM Rating: Default
*
65 posts
SoumaKyou wrote:
Xclusive215 wrote:
And i'm the narrowminded one huh?

regardless of the level of difficulty, raiding is raiding. To discount the guilds that are not AS progressed as you, does not make them a non raiding guild. Jeez maybe you are one of those selfish elitist pricks that give the WoW community a bad name, I think your just some nobody from that server that thinks he's cool in posing how progressed you are. Can I have an armory link to your toon? I'm sure the achievements will note when you quit along with a few raiding kill logs to verify your claims.

http://www.wowprogress.com/

Only .70% of the WoW player base has killed LK HM.... it must be soooOOOOO easy if only .70% of 10 million accounts have the achievement.

actually there isn't even 50% of the playerbase that has completed one fight, not even heroic gunship which is a cake walk.

LOL. Raiding is raiding? Please. Progression raiding is completely different from casual raiding, especially considering even pugs can clear 9/12 25 Heroic and kill regular Lich King within 8 hours (a good number of non-guild GDKP runs do this weekly on several servers).

Here's a little help, considering you're apparently good enough to know the difference between a difficult fight.

Eliminate H Marrowgar, H Lootship, H Rotface, H Fester, H Princes, H BQL, and H Dreamwalker. Any decent pug can clear those bosses. So that leaves us with the first actual semi-difficult boss fight in Heroic 25ICC, Saurfang. I'd say it's a valid starting point to gauge which guilds actually count in terms of what is considered "end game."

Guilds that have killed Saurfang: 9541
Guilds that have killed Sindragosa: 4571

That's 47% of progression guilds who can clear to the second-to-last boss in WoW's current endgame. I'd say that's a very good amount, and certainly qualifies within the "attainable" category.

When you get to H LK, that's when it drops drastically, which is why I say it's the only difficult fight in ICC unless your guild is especially terrible and can't even get to heroic Saurfang.

Posting my armory would be useless. Both you and I could call each other out and post the armories of anyone just to try and lolepeen this whole argument. I'll just say though, that I'm still currently a big contributor to Hunter theorycrafting/helping Hunters min/max, and I'm still very active on the WoW Hunter forums. My account doesn't expire until the 15th of this month.


Where do you get your numbers at? 47% of progression raiding guilds? You think 4,571 is alot of guilds when there are over 11 million accounts??? Hypothectically speaking, lets say only half (5.5mil)of the wow playerbase raided at some level. 4,571 guilds x25 members is 95,991 people with the Sindragosa achievement. Hmm that would be a whopping 1.75% of players raiding. Just because a guild on your server can down (H)ICC in two nights, doesn't mean that the mass or majority of the playerbase can also. The reason is the difficulty level and skill level required has a direct impact on the outcome, scripted encounter or not.

Posting your Armory shows the facts, and any player as successful and elitist as you, would have jumped at the opportunity. Gratz on being some scrub doing GDKP runs and acting like your some hot shot sponsored player. I have a few players on servers with top 100 guilds too, but sadly i wasn't in Premonition, Exodus, or Ascent.

Imagine Michael Jordan doing an interview saying "Dunking from the foul line is easy sauce..I can do it, if you can't your noob, GTFO off the court, your not a basketball player." Thats how you sound when talking about (H)ICC, if you can't clear to (H)LK, your not a raider..lol.



#67 Oct 04 2010 at 6:00 PM Rating: Good
**
415 posts
Oh please. There you go completely failing to understand a perfectly written post yet again. Feel free to post on the Hunter forums and I'll be glad to show you who I am. Until you're smart enough to understand the simple concept of "endgame," please refrain from making stupid analogies that don't even touch on my original post.
#68 Oct 04 2010 at 8:25 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
751 posts
c0d3r wrote:
I'm on Watai a high populated server and it's basically that way, I don't think it matters what server you go on sadly :(


I am also on Wutai and have played as much as i possibly could for the first 2 weeks mostly grouping with LS people for leves.

In addition to leves, I have found it pretty important to group in general to play the game.

There is no need to group until you get to lvl 15 but after that, I am pretty much unable to solo so have only grouped. In the last week, i have du'od, and tri'od for excellent exp with random strangers who I just asked to join up with. I have also partied in groups of 6-10 for great exp against very tough mobs.

Yes, this involves grinding which may not be your thing. BUt if you loved FFXI - you can play this game exactly the same way but with more flexibility in composition of groups which adds a greater degree of freedom.

By far best exp is in groups bringing down tougher mobs. Thankfully my experience of the game so far has been different to yours. Are you sure you are making enough of an effort to find groups. I have never had to look for more than 10 minutes. Dont wait for others to invite you - get your own parties together. Most people I have asked have said yes as we are all in the same boat.

Edited, Oct 4th 2010 10:26pm by HallieXIV
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#69 Oct 04 2010 at 8:39 PM Rating: Good
*
139 posts
I forgot what this thread was about.
1 2 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)