Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Gamepad problemsFollow

#1 Oct 04 2010 at 8:33 AM Rating: Default
23 posts
hello everyone,

can some1 help me with the gamepad? I have been able to do everything up to the point where you pick how to move. I have a ps3 controller and when i try to use the analog sticks to choose move, nothing pops up.

Does any1 have a way to solving this? I mean i got the setup down its just that i dont have a move or camera view
#2 Oct 04 2010 at 10:00 AM Rating: Decent
*
54 posts
Did you luanch FFXIV Config to map the controller buttons before starting the FFXIV game?

Edited, Oct 4th 2010 12:01pm by McDomination
____________________________

#3 Oct 04 2010 at 10:15 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
421 posts
Are you using MotioninJoy with the ps3 controller?

If you are make sure you select "Analog Gamepad 1 (POV Joysticks)".
____________________________
FFXIV: Dennis Galen - FSH 50 | CRP 38 | LEA 27 | WEA 25 | CON 9 - Selbina server
FFXIV: Dennis Ramuh - CON 7 | ALC 7 - Selbina server
FFXI: Dennis - Hume Rank 10 Bastok - Ramuh server - LS: PandemoniumKnights
60 Summoner
75 Black Mage | 75 White Mage
75 Red Mage | AlchaFisherMage
Alchemy 93,1 +2 | Fish 100 | Gold 32
Wood 22 | Cooking 15 | Smith 14 | Leather 9
#4 Oct 04 2010 at 10:18 AM Rating: Decent
**
265 posts
DJvGalen wrote:
Are you using MotioninJoy with the ps3 controller?

If you are make sure you select "Analog Gamepad 1 (POV Joysticks)".

You mean analog gamepad 2. With it set to 1, the dpad controls movement, not the analog.
#5 Oct 04 2010 at 10:25 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
421 posts
SudoNemesis wrote:
DJvGalen wrote:
Are you using MotioninJoy with the ps3 controller?

If you are make sure you select "Analog Gamepad 1 (POV Joysticks)".

You mean analog gamepad 2. With it set to 1, the dpad controls movement, not the analog.

I have mine set on analog 1 and used the config tool to map everything, dpad for menus, left stick for movement, right stick for camera control, start for map, triangle for menu, top right shoulder for active/passive mode, etc. I wasn't sure what the analog trigger meant on analog 2 so I tried analog 1 and works perfectly.
____________________________
FFXIV: Dennis Galen - FSH 50 | CRP 38 | LEA 27 | WEA 25 | CON 9 - Selbina server
FFXIV: Dennis Ramuh - CON 7 | ALC 7 - Selbina server
FFXI: Dennis - Hume Rank 10 Bastok - Ramuh server - LS: PandemoniumKnights
60 Summoner
75 Black Mage | 75 White Mage
75 Red Mage | AlchaFisherMage
Alchemy 93,1 +2 | Fish 100 | Gold 32
Wood 22 | Cooking 15 | Smith 14 | Leather 9
#6 Oct 04 2010 at 10:35 AM Rating: Decent
**
265 posts
DJvGalen wrote:
SudoNemesis wrote:
DJvGalen wrote:
Are you using MotioninJoy with the ps3 controller?

If you are make sure you select "Analog Gamepad 1 (POV Joysticks)".

You mean analog gamepad 2. With it set to 1, the dpad controls movement, not the analog.

I have mine set on analog 1 and used the config tool to map everything, dpad for menus, left stick for movement, right stick for camera control, start for map, triangle for menu, top right shoulder for active/passive mode, etc. I wasn't sure what the analog trigger meant on analog 2 so I tried analog 1 and works perfectly.

weird. With mine set to 1 my left analog does nothing. O.o very strange.
#7 Oct 04 2010 at 11:02 AM Rating: Default
23 posts
finally got it, when i went to doing the dseo, it didnt save the first time. when i redid all the steps that I found online, it worked perfectly
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)