When fighting multiple monsters the target does not move to another mob after killing the current target. Instead the open ability menu must be closed in order to be able to attempt to target the next monster currently attacking you.
Let's expand that to the targeting system in general. The thing that you want to target 90% of the time--ie the thing that's right in front of you--is nearly impossible to target using tab/shift+tab (or L/R on the controller).[/quote]
+1 for me as well. The way the current next target options work using a game pad are also horrible. It cycles to the next visable target in the general direction you pressed using your character as the center. IRRELEVANT of distance. So you can kill one mob in a set of 2 or 3, hit next target on the right or left and end up targeting a mob that is at the end of your visual range, worse yet target another mob that's part of a separate social group and aggro that one as well.
For the moment i'm using mouse targeting as it's a slightly less glitchy bust still annoying.
I don't know if all of this belongs in the list but here goes.
1. Latency between talking to a NPC when trying to buy or sell. Latency in general for the majority of the things that you do in-game.
Any lag in the NPC interaction menu should go. this goes for NPC repair, levequests etc. Especially love the crafting leves were you request materials from the npc to be stopped where a 5 second video plays of them appearing to hand you something. Love the video, but should be skippable.
5. Lack of instructions anywhere throughout the entire UI. You can be in just about any layer of the UI and have little idea what you are supposed to do, unless you start trying things out. Normally in games if you hover your mouse above a menu option, it will describe what the function is all about.
Not a huge game breaking issue, but should be addressed. Some form of feedback on options etc, would be nice.
6. Lack of hot-keys. Normally you would be able to press the letter "I" for inventory in most games, enabling you to faster navigate to what you needed.
7. When you are auto-running, you cannot strafe, you are only able to turn left or right.
8. When you are fishing or doing other related jobs, you cannot cancel out of the action, until the actions made by your character are completely finished.
9. You cannot zoom in or out on the minimap. The full map you are unable to scroll around and look at things. And the fullmap does not display party members or mobs etc. Waypoints like crystals, take a while to load on the fullmap.
9 isn't necessarily a UI issue but yes yes yes. Especially being able to zoom out slightly in the mini-map. That's the only way to see mobs as you are walking trough areas since they can take 5-10 seconds to actually show sometimes in the world.
10. Chat menus... I won't go into detail with this one, I am sure this and most of what I have said already are redundant. You can only type a limited number of characters before it cuts you o__. Can I have a "F" Pat?
Twitter anyone? try giving explanations or directions in the 84 character limit... yikes.
11. The repair system: I have read how bad it is, so I just let stuff break, and I really don't care if it isn't working.
I actually like the repair system. I hate the interface for repairing your own equipment. Unequip, select Item, repair, insert random repair item... cancel/cancel/cancel since you equipped the wrong repair tools, yay!!
I do however LOVE the remote repair concept, they just need to make repair requests not count towards the total bazaar item count and figure a icon indication that you are seeking repairs.
12. When I run into people, it is just like FFXI, in that you pause for a bit and then run through them. Make up your mind, either let me run through everyone without pausing, or make it so that I have to go completely around their real estate of a toon. This adds nothing to the game.
So true.. and in busy areas you are constantly being stopped by invisible characters. Yay!!!
Add to that everything the OP stated. The UI needs some love big time!!
I'd love to be able to annotate the map This is HUGE for me, but we'll see
Add the general unintuitive flow of menu to another menu to another menu without an actual use for them intermediary menues except to display some pretty graphic. Leve selection and crafting screens come to mind. selecting Leves to replace for instance can be really confusing. Edited, Oct 4th 2010 3:31pm by Vladislaus Edited, Oct 4th 2010 3:34pm by Vladislaus