Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Hard Battle? Don't forget your CraftersFollow

#1 Oct 05 2010 at 9:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
253 posts
Just seen something pretty interesting, Pugilist soloing red mobs with 3 fishers in his party. From what I could tell the Fishers were able to keep the mob completely stunned, the entire time, with that ability wrist flick. So next time you need some help with a leve or something don't forget your crafters lol.
____________________________
Fishing 100 Ebisu got
#2 Oct 05 2010 at 9:35 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,005 posts
Avebian wrote:
Just seen something pretty interesting, Pugilist soloing red mobs with 3 fishers in his party. From what I could tell the Fishers were able to keep the mob completely stunned, the entire time, with that ability wrist flick. So next time you need some help with a leve or something don't forget your crafters lol.


I just had a vision of a party with a blacksmith, goldsmith and leatherworker using wrist flick to keep the mob down and repairing the party's gear to boot (note that you must be a Disciple of the Land or Hand to use wrist flick). A vision of the future?
____________________________
Chris Mattern
#3 Oct 05 2010 at 9:37 AM Rating: Good
Avebian wrote:
Just seen something pretty interesting, Pugilist soloing red mobs with 3 fishers in his party. From what I could tell the Fishers were able to keep the mob completely stunned, the entire time, with that ability wrist flick. So next time you need some help with a leve or something don't forget your crafters lol.


This is brilliant, time to level my miner this way :-)

+1 to you sir.
____________________________
FFXIV

Estur Leone - Gysahl

#4 Oct 05 2010 at 9:55 AM Rating: Default
wht the.. OF COURSE ! omg this brings new depth to party. tanks Healer nuker DD and .. OMG crafters? flippin cool!
#5 Oct 05 2010 at 10:03 AM Rating: Decent
**
519 posts
i took forever killin a wharf rat as a blacksmith i got no skill exp so while this may help the pt the crafter himself gains nothing

unless ofc u work out a deal so the crafter gets drops he needs for his crafts and ofc maybe some crystals/shards from the other pt members a a bonus incentive
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#6 Oct 05 2010 at 11:05 AM Rating: Excellent
**
394 posts
I'm sure there were always plans for crafters to have some limited role in battle. This probably wasn't it. Wrist flick was a rather late beta addition, probably to make crafters feel less battle-useless, but I doubt SE counted on this type of thing happening. Expect to see extreme diminishing returns on the stun effect if they aren't already there.

I love when I switch from Thaumaturge to Culinarean, my HP pool goes up. Them cooks are hard-boiled.
#7 Oct 05 2010 at 11:05 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,652 posts
EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE ROLLBACK AND BANNING INBOUND
#8 Oct 05 2010 at 11:08 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,005 posts
Galkaholics wrote:
i took forever killin a wharf rat as a blacksmith i got no skill exp so while this may help the pt the crafter himself gains nothing

unless ofc u work out a deal so the crafter gets drops he needs for his crafts and ofc maybe some crystals/shards from the other pt members a a bonus incentive


Unless I'm mistaken a crafter gets rank/exp points from doing repairs. So he gets to level up some from his field repairs.
____________________________
Chris Mattern
#9 Oct 05 2010 at 12:31 PM Rating: Decent
ChrisMattern wrote:
Galkaholics wrote:
i took forever killin a wharf rat as a blacksmith i got no skill exp so while this may help the pt the crafter himself gains nothing

unless ofc u work out a deal so the crafter gets drops he needs for his crafts and ofc maybe some crystals/shards from the other pt members a a bonus incentive


Unless I'm mistaken a crafter gets rank/exp points from doing repairs. So he gets to level up some from his field repairs.


You get maybe 50 skill points and zero xp from doing repairs.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 10 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (10)