Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

very peed of and i quit this gameFollow

#1 Oct 05 2010 at 11:41 AM Rating: Sub-Default
*
151 posts
a guy is level 31 already and i asked him how he got there so quick and he said crafting. he said its quicker then fighting WTF. so people are spending there time fighting tuff mobs "earning the exp and skill points" but a crafter can just sit there and level up sooo quick and then just walk up 2 a mob that u cant kill yet and he wipes it out.

what is the point in fighting mobs to get stronger if u can do it by crafting and alot lot lot quicker.


SERIOUS WHAT THE ****. thats made me quit and ive been on it solid for a week
#2 Oct 05 2010 at 11:44 AM Rating: Good
**
394 posts
No one cares. Also you're wrong. The stat bonuses provided by your physical level are negligible at best anyway, and they are even further scaled down by your current rank. A level 31 rank 6 class isn't going to "wipe out" mobs any faster than a level 6 rank 6 class.
#3 Oct 05 2010 at 11:44 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
315 posts
We should start taking shots everytime a thread like this pops up.
#4 Oct 05 2010 at 11:45 AM Rating: Good
ScaryTrees wrote:
We should start taking shots everytime a thread like this pops up.


I don't think I have enough alcohol for that....

EDIT: Jacking this thread, it is now about what kinds of liquor you have in your fridge/freezer/cabinet.
I have Vodka, and some Loco.

Edited, Oct 5th 2010 1:46pm by WeedjediRedux
____________________________
I'm back, not to cause trouble. And anyone who knows the original Weedjedi.....please don't karma bomb me. Just saying.
I'm 20 now, more mature and less stupid. And the only reason I didn't use the original weedjedi is because I can't remember it's login details.
#5 Oct 05 2010 at 11:46 AM Rating: Good
17 posts
or just be glad that ignorant hot tempered people like the OP are going to quit and leave us with an amazing community of players that want to work together and enjoy the game.
#6 Oct 05 2010 at 11:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Peed of what?

A møøse once bit my sister.
____________________________
Kaup wrote:
Exp is kind of like bacon.

No matter how much it is, more is always better.
#7debodeebs, Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 11:47 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) i dont care that no one cares im stating a dam fact jeez. and your wrong because when you think about it its all down to gear. all that level 31 guy needs to do is go to the market ward and by lvl 30 gear so then he is gunna wipe out mobs that someone has spent along time fighting to that stage.
#8 Oct 05 2010 at 11:50 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,636 posts
I dont think you understand how physical level works. Gear is based on class rank. Skills are based on class rank. Physical level (what you gain from crafting) only determines how much str/vit/dex/int/mnd/pie points you can spend. Those points are capped for every class rank. Its a small advantage that one really wouldn't notice. Its no big deal.
____________________________


#9 Oct 05 2010 at 11:51 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,442 posts
debodeebs wrote:
i dont care that no one cares im stating a dam fact jeez. and your wrong because when you think about it its all down to gear. all that level 31 guy needs to do is go to the market ward and by lvl 30 gear so then he is gunna wipe out mobs that someone has spent along time fighting to that stage.


That caused me physical pain to read

møøse bites can be really bad

____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#10debodeebs, Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 11:51 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) i take it your one of those crafter too then. im not having a war im just wanting to know why people are leveling up so quick just by crafting and people like me are at 18 thats done every quest and every levequest and traveled around the world.
#11 Oct 05 2010 at 11:52 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
135 posts
Rank 30 gear is **** useless when your class rank is like 6... You get practically no benefit at all. And like people above said, your class rank determines how much of your stats you actually get use of. Like a rank 1 would see zero difference between 40 str or 80 str.

EDIT: Do you grind? The crafters don't just do leves, they "grind" their crafts up to get there.

Edited, Oct 5th 2010 1:54pm by ispanolfw
#12 Oct 05 2010 at 11:55 AM Rating: Default
*
151 posts
not if your level 31 like i said all the crafter has got to do is go buy gear thats close to his level because all this game is down to is your gear anyways. "well most of it" look guys ive done my best defending this game to people that keeps slagging it off but i now start to feel its a waste and i was really into it like xi.
ispanolfw wrote:
Rank 30 gear is **** useless when your class rank is like 6... You get practically no benefit at all. And like people above said, your class rank determines how much of your stats you actually get use of. Like a rank 1 would see zero difference between 40 str or 80 str.

#13 Oct 05 2010 at 11:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
debodeebs wrote:
people like me are at 18 thats done every quest and every levequest and traveled around the world.
Spend less time exploring and more time leveling?

debodeebs wrote:
not if your level 31 like i said all the crafter has got to do is go buy gear thats close to his level because all this game is down to is your gear anyways. "well most of it" look guys ive done my best defending this game to people that keeps slagging it off but i now start to feel its a waste and i was really into it like xi.
Take more time to form complete sentences and appear to be an intelligent being? That'll probably help you get your point across.

Edited, Oct 5th 2010 12:57pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#14 Oct 05 2010 at 11:56 AM Rating: Excellent
8 posts
It actually pains me to read your posts since you don't know very much about the game. Gear is based off your rank, not your physical level. So like others have mentionned, you couldn't just have a low rank and use level 30 gear to your advantage since you'd get very minimal results.

I'm a rank 17 lancer with a level 20 physical and I'm much more efficient in battle compared to someone who would be a rank 10 lancer with 30 physical.
#15 Oct 05 2010 at 11:59 AM Rating: Excellent
debodeebs wrote:
not if your level 31 like i said all the crafter has got to do is go buy gear thats close to his level because all this game is down to is your gear anyways. "well most of it" look guys ive done my best defending this game to people that keeps slagging it off but i now start to feel its a waste and i was really into it like xi.


You sound funny.

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse
with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given
her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and
star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo
Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst
Nordfink".
____________________________
Kaup wrote:
Exp is kind of like bacon.

No matter how much it is, more is always better.
#16 Oct 05 2010 at 12:00 PM Rating: Excellent
*
151 posts
you know what guys im wrong and im tired :( i see now that when you have equiped crafting gear the rank bar isnt your class bar. i forgot about that.

so if the guy is physical lvl 31 and lets say he is gs rank 27. his actual class lets say thm is probably 1-6 if all he does is craft.

i apologise for my mistake.
#17 Oct 05 2010 at 12:04 PM Rating: Good
WeedjediRedux wrote:
Jacking this thread, it is now about what kinds of liquor you have in your fridge/freezer/cabinet.
I have Vodka, and some Loco.


Root beer schnapps, peppermint schnapps, SoCo, Triple Sec, Harpoon IPA, Sam Adams, Seagram's Calypso Colada, Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila, Capt. Morgan 100 proof, Godiva chocolate nips and white chocolate nips, Bailey's nips, assorted wines, and the always-wonderful Bacardi 151. Smiley: boozing
____________________________
Steam: Xavier1216
FFXI: Astyanax (Bismarck)


#18 Oct 05 2010 at 12:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
575 posts
WeedjediRedux wrote:
ScaryTrees wrote:
We should start taking shots everytime a thread like this pops up.


I don't think I have enough alcohol for that....


I don't think I hae enough liver.
#19 Oct 05 2010 at 12:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
**
254 posts
The admins of the website hired to continue the thread after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked.

The thread has been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute.
____________________________
FFXI: Shassa (Sylph) 75 THF/NIN, THF/RNG, retired '08 ** EQ2: Shassia (Lucan D'Lere) 80 SK, retired '06 ** EQ: Shassa (Bertoxx/Terris Thule) 50 SK, retired '02
#20 Oct 05 2010 at 12:07 PM Rating: Excellent
debodeebs wrote:
you know what guys im wrong and im tired :( i see now that when you have equiped crafting gear the rank bar isnt your class bar. i forgot about that.

so if the guy is physical lvl 31 and lets say he is gs rank 27. his actual class lets say thm is probably 1-6 if all he does is craft.

i apologise for my mistake.


Takes a lot to come back and say that, man. It's all good!


Directed By
40 SPECIALLY TRAINED ECUADORIAN MOUNTAIN LLAMAS
6 VENEZUELAN RED LLAMAS
142 MEXICAN WHOOPING LLAMAS
14 NORTH CHILEAN GUANACOS (CLOSELY RELATED TO THE LLAMA)
REG LLAMA OF BRIXTON
76000 BATTERY LLAMAS FROM "LLAMA-FRESH" FARMS NEARE PARAGUAY




Edited, Oct 5th 2010 12:09pm by Thanacus
____________________________
Kaup wrote:
Exp is kind of like bacon.

No matter how much it is, more is always better.
#21 Oct 05 2010 at 12:08 PM Rating: Default
*
151 posts
1 more thing tho and thats if he is gaining that much physical points alot more then a fighter even if he is only level 6 on the fighting side he is gunna have god knows how much attribute points so then when he finally gets of his *** and fight he has 10x as much attributes then what a fighter would normally get.

and before some idiot starts to take the **** out if me dont bother cuz its just a normal question now and not flaming.
#22 Oct 05 2010 at 12:10 PM Rating: Good
*
151 posts
what the heck you talking about lol. :)
Shassa wrote:
The admins of the website hired to continue the thread after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked.

The thread has been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute.

#23 Oct 05 2010 at 12:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
debodeebs wrote:
and before some idiot starts to take the **** out if me
You have a strange infatuation with urine.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#24 Oct 05 2010 at 12:11 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,005 posts
debodeebs wrote:
i dont care that no one cares im stating a dam fact jeez. and your wrong because when you think about it its all down to gear. all that level 31 guy needs to do is go to the market ward and by lvl 30 gear so then he is gunna wipe out mobs that someone has spent along time fighting to that stage.


You're digging yourself in deeper. Gear is not rated by level, it's rated by *rank*. Unless he's raised a fighting class to rank 30, that *rank* 30 gear is useless to him when he assumes a fighting class.

Edited, Oct 5th 2010 2:12pm by ChrisMattern
____________________________
Chris Mattern
#25 Oct 05 2010 at 12:12 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,112 posts
debodeebs wrote:
i dont care that no one cares im stating a dam fact jeez. and your wrong because when you think about it its all down to gear. all that level 31 guy needs to do is go to the market ward and by lvl 30 gear so then he is gunna wipe out mobs that someone has spent along time fighting to that stage.


With what combat abilities? Flick wrist?
____________________________
To endanger the soul endangers all,
when the soul is endangered it must become a Warrior.
#26 Oct 05 2010 at 12:14 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,043 posts
debodeebs wrote:
what the heck you talking about lol. :)
Shassa wrote:
The admins of the website hired to continue the thread after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked.

The thread has been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute.



Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Comedy gold, trust me.
____________________________
Likibiki ~ 75 WHM ~ 75 SAM ~ 75 THF ~ 75 SMN ~ 74 NIN
Pandemonium Server, FFXI. Retired. Gone but not forgotten.
Cailey ~ 90 DNC ~ 90 RDM ~ 90 BLM
Asura Server, FFXI. Adventurer Extraordinaire.
#27 Oct 05 2010 at 12:17 PM Rating: Decent
*
151 posts
lmao i couldnt stop laughing when looking at it that way :)
Kordain wrote:
debodeebs wrote:
i dont care that no one cares im stating a dam fact jeez. and your wrong because when you think about it its all down to gear. all that level 31 guy needs to do is go to the market ward and by lvl 30 gear so then he is gunna wipe out mobs that someone has spent along time fighting to that stage.


With what combat abilities? Flick wrist?

#28 Oct 05 2010 at 12:18 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,005 posts
Kordain wrote:
debodeebs wrote:
i dont care that no one cares im stating a dam fact jeez. and your wrong because when you think about it its all down to gear. all that level 31 guy needs to do is go to the market ward and by lvl 30 gear so then he is gunna wipe out mobs that someone has spent along time fighting to that stage.


With what combat abilities? Flick wrist?


Flick Wrist is actually quite powerful. It's *stun*, and you can have several crafters lined up to keep the mob down. Of course, you *do* need some combat people to actually kill the thing while your crafters keep it pinned down.
____________________________
Chris Mattern
#29 Oct 05 2010 at 12:20 PM Rating: Decent
26 posts
Sorry but OP is kinda right, physical level matters alot.

At Physical Level 20, I started Gladiator last night at Rank 1.

As for now, mob check symbols are based on your rank versus the mob level. So, I can go decimate mobs with a red 3-horned symbol and rank up every few kills pretty easily. As long as the mob is about level 12-14 or so, I can easily beat it down at rank 1 as long as physical is something like 15+.

And yes I crafted to Physical Level 20 then shot 3-4 jobs up 10 ranks in not more than an hour or so each.


#30windexy, Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 12:22 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Do you think A Clockwork Orange is a masterpiece too? Monty Python is garbage and everyone is much worse off for it.
#31 Oct 05 2010 at 12:23 PM Rating: Good
***
1,112 posts
ChrisMattern wrote:

Flick Wrist is actually quite powerful. It's *stun*, and you can have several crafters lined up to keep the mob down. Of course, you *do* need some combat people to actually kill the thing while your crafters keep it pinned down.


Quite aware of that mate :) But since we're talking about an "omnipotent level 30 crafter" going out and "owning everything", how many mobs do you think he can kill with just one stun?

You over complicate things by bringing up roles in parties.
____________________________
To endanger the soul endangers all,
when the soul is endangered it must become a Warrior.
#32 Oct 05 2010 at 12:27 PM Rating: Good
debodeebs wrote:
not if your level 31 like i said all the crafter has got to do is go buy gear thats close to his level because all this game is down to is your gear anyways. "well most of it" look guys ive done my best defending this game to people that keeps slagging it off but i now start to feel its a waste and i was really into it like xi.
ispanolfw wrote:
Rank 30 gear is **** useless when your class rank is like 6... You get practically no benefit at all. And like people above said, your class rank determines how much of your stats you actually get use of. Like a rank 1 would see zero difference between 40 str or 80 str.



Do you have any clue whatsoever about the amount of time it takes to get to that level as a crafter? Hours. Daily. They have to acquire the mats. They have to acquire the shards. They have to do the synthesis. I can sit down with the idea in mind that I want to make a couple of suits of bronze chainmail to put in my bazaar and 90 minutes later I'm done.

My physical level is 32. My highest non-crafting rank is 13. WTF makes you think you're so special that only what YOU do should allow someone to progress their character? Do you have any idea how many requests I field on a daily basis from people wanting gear but not wanting to invest any time into getting it? They just want the next battlecraft leve or the next behest gogogo okay now I'm rank 16 need new gear what can you make what can you make what can you make?!?! Half these numpties don't enough know WTF they need. They just ask me moronic questions like, "Can you make rank 13 pugilist legs?" **** you. Look it up yourself and give me a name of an item so I can check to see if I can make it. I'm not researching your gear for your class to see whether or not I can make it for you. And then if they finally figure out what they want, the expect it for next to nothing. Most finished gear pieces require dozens if not hundreds of shards, never mind the actual materials that go into it.

I enjoy crafting. I also enjoy combat, but I want to get myself squared away for gear first. That's what a smart player would do in a brand new MMO where the only people with the gear are the ones who are busting their bawls to make it. And those people making the gear you can't be bothered to make deserve to be rewarded for it. Everything you kill has a (very good) chance to drop something you could turn around and use to make something and if you were to actually do that, you'd be raking in the xp as well.
#33 Oct 05 2010 at 12:32 PM Rating: Default
*
151 posts
The One and Only Aurelius wrote:
debodeebs wrote:
not if your level 31 like i said all the crafter has got to do is go buy gear thats close to his level because all this game is down to is your gear anyways. "well most of it" look guys ive done my best defending this game to people that keeps slagging it off but i now start to feel its a waste and i was really into it like xi.
ispanolfw wrote:
Rank 30 gear is **** useless when your class rank is like 6... You get practically no benefit at all. And like people above said, your class rank determines how much of your stats you actually get use of. Like a rank 1 would see zero difference between 40 str or 80 str.



Do you have any clue whatsoever about the amount of time it takes to get to that level as a crafter? Hours. Daily. They have to acquire the mats. They have to acquire the shards. They have to do the synthesis. I can sit down with the idea in mind that I want to make a couple of suits of bronze chainmail to put in my bazaar and 90 minutes later I'm done.

My physical level is 32. My highest non-crafting rank is 13. WTF makes you think you're so special that only what YOU do should allow someone to progress their character? Do you have any idea how many requests I field on a daily basis from people wanting gear but not wanting to invest any time into getting it? They just want the next battlecraft leve or the next behest gogogo okay now I'm rank 16 need new gear what can you make what can you make what can you make?!?! Half these numpties don't enough know WTF they need. They just ask me moronic questions like, "Can you make rank 13 pugilist legs?" @#%^ you. Look it up yourself and give me a name of an item so I can check to see if I can make it. I'm not researching your gear for your class to see whether or not I can make it for you. And then if they finally figure out what they want, the expect it for next to nothing. Most finished gear pieces require dozens if not hundreds of shards, never mind the actual materials that go into it.

I enjoy crafting. I also enjoy combat, but I want to get myself squared away for gear first. That's what a smart player would do in a brand new MMO where the only people with the gear are the ones who are busting their bawls to make it. And those people making the gear you can't be bothered to make deserve to be rewarded for it. Everything you kill has a (very good) chance to drop something you could turn around and use to make something and if you were to actually do that, you'd be raking in the xp as well.

jeeez dude calm down your going on like im calling all the crafters out there. im peed with the game designers on how they have done things. i know how hard it is to craft its alot of time and patience and thats the reason why i dont craft. but let me ask you something, how long has it took you to get to level 32. and how long would it take a non crafter to get to level 32? 3 times longer then a crafter so if you think about it people like me have to work as hard as u crafters if u think about it that way.
#34 Oct 05 2010 at 12:41 PM Rating: Default
**
782 posts
Quote:
Do you have any clue whatsoever about the amount of time it takes to get to that level as a crafter? Hours. Daily. They have to acquire the mats. They have to acquire the shards. They have to do the synthesis. I can sit down with the idea in mind that I want to make a couple of suits of bronze chainmail to put in my bazaar and 90 minutes later I'm done.

[SNIP]

I enjoy crafting. I also enjoy combat, but I want to get myself squared away for gear first. That's what a smart player would do in a brand new MMO where the only people with the gear are the ones who are busting their bawls to make it. And those people making the gear you can't be bothered to make deserve to be rewarded for it. Everything you kill has a (very good) chance to drop something you could turn around and use to make something and if you were to actually do that, you'd be raking in the xp as well.


Since were on the subject of idiots in game being idiots... what about the idiots who ask what your paying for an item?

IE:

ME: <shout> WTB Copper Ore
Idiot: <tell> how much are you paying?
ME: <insert lowball price>
Idiot: your stupid your never going to buy it for that price idiot HAHAH good luck!

WTF *** wipe you were supposed to give me a price to start with.... IM SHOUTING for something, YOU have the god damned leverage to name a price!
#35 Oct 05 2010 at 12:44 PM Rating: Good
*
152 posts
WeedjediRedux wrote:
ScaryTrees wrote:
We should start taking shots everytime a thread like this pops up.


I don't think I have enough alcohol for that....

EDIT: Jacking this thread, it is now about what kinds of liquor you have in your fridge/freezer/cabinet.
I have Vodka, and some Loco.

Edited, Oct 5th 2010 1:46pm by WeedjediRedux


I have vodka and coconut rum.
#36 Oct 05 2010 at 12:47 PM Rating: Decent
*
151 posts
windexy wrote:


Since were on the subject of idiots in game being idiots... what about the idiots who ask what your paying for an item?

IE:

ME: <shout> WTB Copper Ore
Idiot: <tell> how much are you paying?
ME: <insert lowball price>
Idiot: your stupid your never going to buy it for that price idiot HAHAH good luck!

WTF *** wipe you were supposed to give me a price to start with.... IM SHOUTING for something, YOU have the god damned leverage to name a price!

you got issues mate
#37 Oct 05 2010 at 12:50 PM Rating: Default
**
782 posts
Quote:
you got issues mate


Yeah issues with idiots who couldn't find there way out of a plastic bag such as the ones I described.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 24 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (24)