Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

My first PC game RMAFollow

#1 Oct 05 2010 at 3:55 PM Rating: Decent
*
83 posts
I really had high hopes of this game due to it being a Final fantasy game, and also because it is from Square.
I bought a GTX 480 and a new 27 inch monitor for this game.

Due to all of the negative problems/reason listed on this forum I am returning this game to amazon for a refund. I have my RMA set up and I just need to mail it. I have never returned a PC game EVER. I am 30 and I have been playing since 14.4kbps modems were awesome.

There is only one thing I liked about the game...the graphics.

Everything else I see was implemented to be a horrible time sink, and quite frankly just not fun. Basic things from not having chat channels, not having a recipe book for tradeskills, inventpry issues, combat issues and lack of mouse/kb support are just.....stunning. Yes it was a great launch from a technical stand point as there were very few crashes, but I believe that is due to how few people are actually playing.

This game just lacks so much of everything/anything.

I wish this community the best of luck. This will be sadly the last Square game I purchase.



Edited, Oct 5th 2010 7:12pm by Remidi
#2 Oct 05 2010 at 5:23 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
386 posts
Sounds like someone didn't play FFXI.
#3 Oct 05 2010 at 5:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
630 posts
BaseVilliN wrote:
Sounds like someone didn't play FFXI.


What does this have to do with him not liking XIV??
#4 Oct 05 2010 at 5:57 PM Rating: Default
*
219 posts
100% a WOW player, and not a FFXI player.

How does that related?

FFXI NEVER HAVE a recipe BOOK as well. Crafting is 100% more difficult then now.

He call this a time sink when WoW isn't a time sink ? I am pretty sure half of your life is a time sink when you play a game.

Chat channels? Does FFXI ever have that? That's just WoW's thing as a well. Everyone shout @ whitegate here.

Mouse keyboard support is there, i never have problem with it. He just have no idea how to config a keyboard after being an age 30 old man who have no experiences with computers.

RMA a PC game? It proves he is an old man already, now get off that gaming already and start loving your children, old man, your gaming life is DONE.

"too few people actually playing" lol...he didn't even click on party in the menu to see lindblum having 3700 people on-line.

Lock this thread already, another idiot came here and rant and telling others "come play wow, and raid 5 day a week 8 hours a night, until next expansion and throw all your armor out and redo the process".

Edited, Oct 5th 2010 7:58pm by wrongfeifong
#5 Oct 05 2010 at 6:07 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
3,226 posts
Quote:
I really had high hopes of this game due to it being a Final fantasy game

You are about 8 months behind if you had "high hopes" for a game based on the Final Fantasy name alone.

Also, attention *****, new thread about the same ****, etc.
____________________________
w(°o°)w
#6 Oct 05 2010 at 6:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
630 posts
It doesn't matter though, just because you are more familiar with the game because it has much in common with XI doesn't mean he should enjoy the game less because he didn't play XI. You shouldn't have to play XI to like XIV. A successful game will draw the attention of users who have never heard of the game before and keep their attention with engaging play. Being in a genre where players jump ship to new MMOs all the time you really do need to have engaging gameplay to capture attention. Obviously for this poster the game has failed to do so.
#7 Oct 05 2010 at 6:37 PM Rating: Default
*
158 posts
Almalexia wrote:

You are about 8 months behind if you had "high hopes" for a game based on the Final Fantasy name alone.


*10 years


#8 Oct 05 2010 at 6:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,801 posts
Quote:
Everything else I see was implemented to be a horrible time sink, and quite frankly just not fun. Basic things from not having chat channels, not having a recipe book for tradeskills, inventpry issues, combat issues and lack of mouse/kb support are just.....stunning.


You were expecting a game for 2010. SE made a game for 1990 (with 2010+ grapics).
____________________________
WoW -- Zaia -- Dragonmaw -- Mage 80 BABY! Alchemy 450
Also... Hunter 62, Rogue 52, Warrior 66, Warlock 43, Death Knight 70, Shaman Who Cares? ;)

FFXI -- Caia -- Retired/Deleted -- Blm 75, Alchemy 97
Pandimonium server - Rank 10 - Bastok

Zaela Rdm -- 35, Alchemy 45 -- Forced into retirement because I didn't have the right kind of credit card. Hope it was worth 18 bucks a month, SE.

#9 Oct 05 2010 at 7:12 PM Rating: Decent
*
182 posts
BaseVilliN wrote:
Sounds like someone didn't play FFXI.


Exactly... and of course if he did he would laugh about and be happy about SE doing the same **** again and again.
Just because excuses are so easy to find. -.-
#10 Oct 05 2010 at 7:18 PM Rating: Decent
Did you use your game codes? If so I'm afraid you're not entitled for a refund. I posted this in a different thread some time back:

Quote:
...for those who want to return the game once the game has been opened stores will not take it back. Additionally, while you can write for a refund to Square Enix, if any of the codes have been used then it completely voids your chances of a refund right there. In the back of the NA manual it states that if:

Quote:
(a) your place of purchase is unwilling to accept returns or exchanges of opened software AND
(b) you have not accepted this Agreement during installation process AND
(c) you have not entered the Registration Code contained with the Licensed Software packaging AND
(d) it has been less than 30 days since you purchased your software, AND
(e) you purchased your copy of the Licensed Software in, and are currently located in, the United States or Canada,

THEN you may contact your Region's SQUARE ENIX affiliate and request a full refund of your purchase price for the Licensed Software, not including taxes or shipping and handling charges.


They go on to say how it's their discretion and they will only make decision to refund or not if you show copy of receipt, the complete undamaged package and all contents the game came in, and they've made confirmation that the Registration Code included has not been used. If you threw something away (Inserts, the box, token, etc.) then you're outta luck. Same goes if you registered everything before setting up payment.


I don't know how Amazon's return policies are but I'm betting that they'll probably contact SE or something since it has one-time use registration codes included. They'll check if they've been used and if they have been will probably write back to you stating that they cannot issue a refund for this reason.

Edited, Oct 5th 2010 6:21pm by SamusKnight
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV Roleplayer

Sair Gammonari - Hyur Midlander Male - Conjurer (Somewhat retired.)
Mihana Zhralyia - Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun Female - Archer



#11 Oct 05 2010 at 9:09 PM Rating: Good
It's Just a Flesh Wound
******
22,699 posts
Quote:
Everything else I see was implemented to be a horrible time sink

BaseVilliN wrote:
Sounds like someone didn't play any MMO ever.

ftfy
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#12 Oct 05 2010 at 9:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Deadgye wrote:
Quote:
Everything else I see was implemented to be a horrible time sink
BaseVilliN wrote:
Sounds like someone didn't play any MMO ever.
ftfy
There are fun timesinks and there are bad timesinks.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#13 Oct 05 2010 at 9:32 PM Rating: Excellent
**
900 posts
Eh, all mmo's are time-sinks.

It's true. Some people like the challenge, the grind, the in-depth nature of Final Fantasy's mmo's.

Some people like WoW's laid back nature, it's pvp, it's ease and casual setting.

I still haven't gotten that far into final fantasy 14, I wouldn't say it's bad, from any standpoint, it's just different. If you played for years and years on one mmo, invariably when you switch, you're going to have problems with another. Playing any mmo for one week is hardly enough time to determine whether it sucks or not.

Also, if for no other reason whatsoever, Final Fantasy 13 should have taught you not to buy a game just because it is titled Final Fantasy.

Good luck with your RMA though, if you installed it and registered, you're probably not going to get anything back, but good luck anyway.
____________________________
Anjin of Leviathan server
Papajay of Belgoth's Beacon: 50 Jedi Sentinel(retired)
Anjin Papajay -- Ultros -- 50 Gladiator / Paladin (retired)

#14 Oct 05 2010 at 10:46 PM Rating: Decent
*
116 posts
LOL awfully niave mindset for someone your age. If i stopped playing every companies games that released a game that someone else thought was sub par, well.. id be without games considering there are more games popping up than new dev companies 10 fold or better.

that said - he'll buy another Square game lol. Actually he still has this one =P
#15 Oct 05 2010 at 10:51 PM Rating: Excellent
I'm seriously not going to buy another SE game until I see reviews that are positive first. I just can't trust them anymore. I loved the Final Fantasy series. I grew up on it. They were always the best games in the collection. I even liked XII(despite the wtf were they thinking license system the game was still a good game. I liked all 4 of the characters)

I was excited when XIII was coming out, but more and more I didn't like how it looked, I decided to hold off a little, and I still haven't bought it. I don't think I'd like it, simply put.

And this game, I did buy and I'm so let down.

I just feel like they've grown too presumptive of their own success. They've stopped striving to do things that are the best and started assuming whatever they do will define the best, and that **** just doesn't fly.
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#16 Oct 06 2010 at 1:42 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
386 posts
digitalcraft, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
I'm seriously not going to buy another SE game until I see reviews that are positive first. I just can't trust them anymore. I loved the Final Fantasy series. I grew up on it. They were always the best games in the collection. I even liked XII(despite the wtf were they thinking license system the game was still a good game. I liked all 4 of the characters)

I was excited when XIII was coming out, but more and more I didn't like how it looked, I decided to hold off a little, and I still haven't bought it. I don't think I'd like it, simply put.

And this game, I did buy and I'm so let down.

I just feel like they've grown too presumptive of their own success. They've stopped striving to do things that are the best and started assuming whatever they do will define the best, and that sh*t just doesn't fly.


Their greatest flaw, by far, is hubris.
#17 Oct 06 2010 at 1:46 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
386 posts
burtonsnow wrote:
BaseVilliN wrote:
Sounds like someone didn't play FFXI.


What does this have to do with him not liking XIV??


Just saying he didn't have a clue that XI and XIV are completely different from other FF games.
#18 Oct 06 2010 at 1:52 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
30 posts
BaseVilliN wrote:
burtonsnow wrote:
BaseVilliN wrote:
Sounds like someone didn't play FFXI.


What does this have to do with him not liking XIV??


Just saying he didn't have a clue that XI and XIV are completely different from other FF games.


Seriously i keep seeing posts of comparing XI and XIV. These 2 are different series, although all came from SE. Those who thinks XI so great then go back there. Those who thinks XIV not up to standard and not nice then don't play it. Stop comparing, it wont give you any good results. Even XIV have similar functions etc like XI it will just become another version of XI, then what's the use of XIV? So play or not to play is up to personal. No use comparing as most likely SE will ignore too.

Just my own view. Sorry if i offend anyone. Peace :)


Edited, Oct 6th 2010 3:52am by tianyue
#19 Oct 06 2010 at 8:42 AM Rating: Good
*
83 posts
Ill bite.

I played FFXI for 6 months, and what does this game have to do with XI. So far they are very different. XI works and is fun. I have played EQOA, EQ2, GW, AOC, EVE, EQ1, WOW, and there are some others I can not think of, so imo I have lots of experience in the MMO field.

The game can be returned because it is a defective product. I am not going to list why it is considered defective, because that is obvious. With the 480 cards there is a directx bug some of us are getting but its being kept quiet as well. In the US ANY product can be returned within 30 days. Do I know where to find these laws...no. Did I use my game codes...yep sure did. I also do not want people to think they are stuck with this game. YOU CAN RETURN THIS GAME IT IS DEFECTIVE. You may have to be a little pushy.

I am not being a attention *****, I am posting with my thoughts. I hope this will add to the fodder and show SE what they did wrong.
#20 Oct 06 2010 at 8:43 AM Rating: Decent
*
83 posts
BaseVilliN wrote:
burtonsnow wrote:
BaseVilliN wrote:
Sounds like someone didn't play FFXI.


What does this have to do with him not liking XIV??


Just saying he didn't have a clue that XI and XIV are completely different from other FF games.



Nice of you to assume.
#21 Oct 06 2010 at 8:44 AM Rating: Decent
*
83 posts
klepp6761 wrote:
LOL awfully niave mindset for someone your age. If i stopped playing every companies games that released a game that someone else thought was sub par, well.. id be without games considering there are more games popping up than new dev companies 10 fold or better.

that said - he'll buy another Square game lol. Actually he still has this one =P



How is this naive? Perhaps it is you who is naive maybe? I refuse to support a company that release a bad product. I am not going by other opinions, I am going by mine.
#22 Oct 06 2010 at 8:48 AM Rating: Decent
*
83 posts
My point of this thread was not to offend the community but to relay a message of a incomplete and broken game to would be buyers. In that way I am also telling SE they did a horrible...horrible job with this game.

How do you think I feel? I bought a bunch of fancy hardware for nothing. I had a GTX295 coop before this, that runs everything else nicely.
#23 Oct 06 2010 at 8:50 AM Rating: Good
*
147 posts
Remidi wrote:


The game can be returned because it is a defective product.


unless its still in the unopened sealed package then you will not be getting any money back.

but good luck anyway.
#24 Oct 06 2010 at 9:00 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
428 posts
Remidi wrote:

The game can be returned because it is a defective product. I am not going to list why it is considered defective, because that is obvious. With the 480 cards there is a directx bug some of us are getting but its being kept quiet as well. In the US ANY product can be returned within 30 days. Do I know where to find these laws...no. Did I use my game codes...yep sure did. I also do not want people to think they are stuck with this game. YOU CAN RETURN THIS GAME IT IS DEFECTIVE. You may have to be a little pushy.


Returning Consumer Purchases

It is not true that consumers have a right to return almost anything they buy in a store. Although there are laws to protect consumers who buy defective products or who are led to make purchases based on misleading advertising, there is generally no rule or law that absolutely requires merchants to offer refunds, exchanges or credits on the items they sell.

There are four basic principles customers should know about returning goods they purchase in a store:

1. Merchants can set their own policies on refunds and exchanges. Generally, consumers are not entitled to either a refund or an exchange.
2. Although merchants are not required to do it, many of them will exchange non-sale items whether customers paid for them with cash, check, or credit.
3. Sale items are commonly exempt from merchants' refund and exchange policies.
4. If customers exchange a product for another one that costs less, the store can require the customers to spend the difference in cost in their store.

Because it makes their stores more attractive to customers, most retailers do offer refunds, exchanges, or credits voluntarily, although they usually impose a "reasonable time" condition for these refunds, exchanges, or credits.

http://www.enotes.com/everyday-law-encyclopedia/purchases-and-returns



You will not be able to prove that the game is defective simply by saying that the UI is broken or anything like that. It would probably take a massive class action suit for a judge to even decide to sit down and try to understand your argument for the game being broken and misleading to consumers.

Edited, Oct 6th 2010 11:03am by OnyxFFXI
#25 Oct 06 2010 at 9:19 AM Rating: Decent
**
900 posts
Quote:
I really had high hopes of this game due to it being a Final fantasy game, and also because it is from Square.
I bought a GTX 480 and a new 27 inch monitor for this game.

Due to all of the negative problems/reason listed on this forum I am returning this game to amazon for a refund. I have my RMA set up and I just need to mail it. I have never returned a PC game EVER. I am 30 and I have been playing since 14.4kbps modems were awesome.

There is only one thing I liked about the game...the graphics.

Everything else I see was implemented to be a horrible time sink, and quite frankly just not fun. Basic things from not having chat channels, not having a recipe book for tradeskills, inventpry issues, combat issues and lack of mouse/kb support are just.....stunning. Yes it was a great launch from a technical stand point as there were very few crashes, but I believe that is due to how few people are actually playing.

This game just lacks so much of everything/anything.

I wish this community the best of luck. This will be sadly the last Square game I purchase.


Quote:
Ill bite.

I played FFXI for 6 months, and what does this game have to do with XI. So far they are very different. XI works and is fun. I have played EQOA, EQ2, GW, AOC, EVE, EQ1, WOW, and there are some others I can not think of, so imo I have lots of experience in the MMO field.

The game can be returned because it is a defective product. I am not going to list why it is considered defective, because that is obvious. With the 480 cards there is a directx bug some of us are getting but its being kept quiet as well. In the US ANY product can be returned within 30 days. Do I know where to find these laws...no. Did I use my game codes...yep sure did. I also do not want people to think they are stuck with this game. YOU CAN RETURN THIS GAME IT IS DEFECTIVE. You may have to be a little pushy.

I am not being a attention *****, I am posting with my thoughts. I hope this will add to the fodder and show SE what they did wrong.



Unfortunately, sir, you're mincing words. The game isn't defective. To be deemed defective, it would have to have not worked (i.e. disk horribly scratched and/or mangled by some process of shipping or handling before you procured it), but by your own admission you liked the graphics, but not the rest. It's based on what you liked, vs what did or didn't work.

And you know what? Good riddance, the only person I feel sorry for is the poor customer service rep who has to deal with (and I quote from your own statement) a pushy 30-something who's throwing a tantrum over a video game that wasn't what he expected.


Edited, Oct 6th 2010 9:40am by papajay
____________________________
Anjin of Leviathan server
Papajay of Belgoth's Beacon: 50 Jedi Sentinel(retired)
Anjin Papajay -- Ultros -- 50 Gladiator / Paladin (retired)

#26 Oct 06 2010 at 9:35 AM Rating: Good
**
800 posts
Can you return an apple after you've eaten it? Can you return a soda after you've drank it? The same applies here. You've consumed the registration code and there is nothing you can do to return that code to its unconsumed state, just like you can't return an eaten apple to its unconsumed state.

This isn't even new to MMOs. Ever since PC games were able to be ripped you haven't been able to return an opened game for anything other than an exact exchange. You brag that you're a PC game veteran yet you clearly don't understand this basic concept.

#27 Oct 06 2010 at 9:45 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
Quote:
Can you return an apple after you've eaten it? Can you return a soda after you've drank it? The same applies here. You've consumed the registration code and there is nothing you can do to return that code to its unconsumed state, just like you can't return an eaten apple to its unconsumed state.


Thats not a good analogy is it :/

You've used up a code that is basically nothing, Square have billions of such codes and they can easily repackage the game with a new code if they wanted to. Also what if you bought a game and registered it and after playing for a few hours it failed due to a hardware error on the disk? Still can't return it?

I don't think he can return the game just because it's crap either however, I've bought lots of junk games in my time but that doesnt mean you can return it. You just have to accept you got suckered into buying crap and carry on, just don't pay any more money to them is all you can do. If you pay even one month's subs free for the travesty you are clinically retarded. This is the reason they didn't want reviews to happen, they wanted unhindered first month sales for what they knew was trash.
____________________________
BANNED
#28 Oct 06 2010 at 9:46 AM Rating: Decent
*
83 posts
Hydragyrum wrote:
Can you return an apple after you've eaten it? Can you return a soda after you've drank it? The same applies here. You've consumed the registration code and there is nothing you can do to return that code to its unconsumed state, just like you can't return an eaten apple to its unconsumed state.

This isn't even new to MMOs. Ever since PC games were able to be ripped you haven't been able to return an opened game for anything other than an exact exchange. You brag that you're a PC game veteran yet you clearly don't understand this basic concept.




Nice replies. And yes you can, read the back of manuals. Its defective because on 480's it crashes every 5 minutes. Hence defective. I do not understand why you fellas/ladies are replying with anger and insults. Relating eaten food and video games...you really will type anything to defend this game. I understand your anger it is that bad. Stop denying it.

Being pushy does not mean ragin out on someone. Since you typed it clearly you must act that way.

The MAIN reason I am returning it is because after two pc's both using a different 480, it crashes "Unable to detect directx device". But the other reasons I listed to play a part. Something I should have out in the main post....



Edited, Oct 6th 2010 11:51am by Remidi
#29 Oct 06 2010 at 9:50 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
If you manage to get a refund please post your success here, I want my money back lol
____________________________
BANNED
#30 Oct 06 2010 at 9:51 AM Rating: Decent
*
83 posts
preludes wrote:
If you manage to get a refund please post your success here, I want my money back lol



I will post with the outcome. Even if it is denied.

I am mailing it back via UPS today.

Edited, Oct 6th 2010 11:52am by Remidi
#31 Oct 06 2010 at 9:52 AM Rating: Decent
Remidi wrote:
Hydragyrum wrote:
Can you return an apple after you've eaten it? Can you return a soda after you've drank it? The same applies here. You've consumed the registration code and there is nothing you can do to return that code to its unconsumed state, just like you can't return an eaten apple to its unconsumed state.

This isn't even new to MMOs. Ever since PC games were able to be ripped you haven't been able to return an opened game for anything other than an exact exchange. You brag that you're a PC game veteran yet you clearly don't understand this basic concept.




Nice replies. And yes you can, read the back of manuals. Its defective because on 480's it crashes every 5 minutes. Hence defective. I do not understand why you fellas/ladies are replying with anger and insults. Relating eaten food and video games...you really will type anything to defend this game. I understand your anger it is that bad. Stop denying it.

The MAIN reason I am returning it is because after two pc's both using a different 480, it crashes "Unable to detect directx device". But the other reasons I listed to play a part.


It's not defective. If it were, everyone with a 480 would be complaining about persistent crashes. They're not.

I've never heard of someone receiving a refund fr opened software, particularly software that involves a one-time use registration key. That's essentially what you paid for amidst all the other fluff...the registration key. You've used it. It's gone. You have nothing to return except the fluff. MMOs are buggy at launch. They all are. Your best bet might be to be prepared to have Amazaon tell you to stuff it and then wait out a patch or two. In the meantime, try to figure out what's wrong with your PC that's causing you to have issues most others have resolved.
#32 Oct 06 2010 at 9:52 AM Rating: Good
**
800 posts
Haha, I'm the one with anger? I was just trying to show you why what you want can't be done.

So you're basing your "defective" argument on the fact that it's crashing on your system. And you're blaming the GTX 480. Wouldn't that mean the GTX 480 is the defective product? Can you prove that somehow the game disc you bought is causing the game to crash. That is what an RMA is for.

I just don't want you to set yourself up for more disappointment.
#33 Oct 06 2010 at 9:54 AM Rating: Decent
*
83 posts
The One and Only Aurelius wrote:
Remidi wrote:
Hydragyrum wrote:
Can you return an apple after you've eaten it? Can you return a soda after you've drank it? The same applies here. You've consumed the registration code and there is nothing you can do to return that code to its unconsumed state, just like you can't return an eaten apple to its unconsumed state.

This isn't even new to MMOs. Ever since PC games were able to be ripped you haven't been able to return an opened game for anything other than an exact exchange. You brag that you're a PC game veteran yet you clearly don't understand this basic concept.




Nice replies. And yes you can, read the back of manuals. Its defective because on 480's it crashes every 5 minutes. Hence defective. I do not understand why you fellas/ladies are replying with anger and insults. Relating eaten food and video games...you really will type anything to defend this game. I understand your anger it is that bad. Stop denying it.

The MAIN reason I am returning it is because after two pc's both using a different 480, it crashes "Unable to detect directx device". But the other reasons I listed to play a part.


It's not defective. If it were, everyone with a 480 would be complaining about persistent crashes. They're not.




This is not true. Learn how things work.
#34 Oct 06 2010 at 9:54 AM Rating: Good
**
472 posts
"Any CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap): 50% of item's price."

Amazon return policy, but yeah at least you will not be out of all of your money.
#35 Oct 06 2010 at 9:55 AM Rating: Good
*
83 posts
Hydragyrum wrote:
Haha, I'm the one with anger? I was just trying to show you why what you want can't be done.

So you're basing your "defective" argument on the fact that it's crashing on your system. And you're blaming the GTX 480. Wouldn't that mean the GTX 480 is the defective product? Can you prove that somehow the game disc you bought is causing the game to crash. That is what an RMA is for.

I just don't want you to set yourself up for more disappointment.


Read the post then think before you type. I tried two different pc's, two different 480's as I have rma'd this card. FFXIV is the only program that causes this issue. PC problems do not always affect everyone. You amongst others will clearly type whatever you can to defend this game. Does it hurt you personally when someone has valid points going against this game?

google it, some have been experiencing the problem since beta. I just wish I read that before hand.



Edited, Oct 6th 2010 11:57am by Remidi
#36 Oct 06 2010 at 10:00 AM Rating: Good
**
800 posts
Remidi wrote:
Read the post then think before you type. I tried two different pc's, two different 480's as I have rma'd this card. FFXIV is the only program that causes this issue. PC problems do not always affect everyone. You amongst others will clearly type whatever you can to defend this game. Does it hurt you personally when someone has valid points going against this gajme?


I'm just trying to be logical here. You report having compatibility problems with FFXIV and the GTX 480 that other people do not have. You even admit that this problem is localized to you. I'm going to assume that with all your experience you've already updated your graphics card drivers and updated your directx? Have you read the literature to see if this is a known compatibility problem with FFXIV and if a fix is available?

Computers are extremely complex and incompatibilities often arise. No software producer can predict 100% all of the problems that may arise. To bash a producer and threaten RMA is why we're calling you naive, especially if you haven't undergone the appropriate troubleshooting procedures.
#37 Oct 06 2010 at 12:05 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
61 posts
After 13 and this, I don't blame you, guy.

SE needs to pull their heads out of their asses and take a good look around. People aren't diggin' what they're selling this year. They need to hire a few chemists and come up with a new formula for real.
#38 Oct 06 2010 at 12:25 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
386 posts
Remidi wrote:
BaseVilliN wrote:
burtonsnow wrote:
BaseVilliN wrote:
Sounds like someone didn't play FFXI.


What does this have to do with him not liking XIV??


Just saying he didn't have a clue that XI and XIV are completely different from other FF games.



Nice of you to assume.


I'm going to quote you from earlier:

Quote:
There is only one thing I liked about the game...the graphics.

Everything else I see was implemented to be a horrible time sink, and quite frankly just not fun. Basic things from not having chat channels, not having a recipe book for tradeskills, inventpry issues, combat issues and lack of mouse/kb support are just.....stunning.


Horrible time sink, lack of chat channels, no recipe book, inventory issues, combat issues, lack of mouse+kb support. Those all describe FFXI.

Yes, they are all legitimate complaints. If you played FFXI I can't imagine why they would put you off to the game.

To me, FFXI was a game about wading through the ******** for a sense of accomplishment. Maybe I'm crazy.
#39 Oct 06 2010 at 12:30 PM Rating: Default
*
139 posts
wrongfeifong wrote:
100% a WOW player, and not a FFXI player.

How does that related?

FFXI NEVER HAVE a recipe BOOK as well. Crafting is 100% more difficult then now.

He call this a time sink when WoW isn't a time sink ? I am pretty sure half of your life is a time sink when you play a game.

Chat channels? Does FFXI ever have that? That's just WoW's thing as a well. Everyone shout @ whitegate here.

Mouse keyboard support is there, i never have problem with it. He just have no idea how to config a keyboard after being an age 30 old man who have no experiences with computers.

RMA a PC game? It proves he is an old man already, now get off that gaming already and start loving your children, old man, your gaming life is DONE.

"too few people actually playing" lol...he didn't even click on party in the menu to see lindblum having 3700 people on-line.

Lock this thread already, another idiot came here and rant and telling others "come play wow, and raid 5 day a week 8 hours a night, until next expansion and throw all your armor out and redo the process".

Edited, Oct 5th 2010 7:58pm by wrongfeifong


Best post in this thread.
#40 Oct 06 2010 at 2:23 PM Rating: Good
**
394 posts
So basically, what this thread boils down to is "I needed to make a thread about how this is the first PC game I've ever returned, and by impressing everyone with what an incredible authority on PC gaming I obviously am, I will succeed in convincing everyone that Square is such a horrible company that when they inevitably lead the charge in driving SE bankrupt due to what a horrible failure this game was, they will all look back and remember that I galvanized the uprising with my post, showering me with praise and eternal glory for my pivotal contribution to the downfall of one of gaming's giants, which they clearly deserve for tying me down and forcing me to purchase new expensive hardware to run their evil game."

Sorry to hear that your hardware investments are now going to waste because one game disappointed you. I'll throw you a hundred for that 480 since you're obviously quitting PC gaming forever and won't be needing it.

For someone trying to impress all of us by boasting about how long you've been playing games, especially PC games online, you don't sound like someone who actually plays games. Also, if you're that disgusted with FFXIV, why are you sad that it will be your last Square purchase? Also, calling this game defective because all PC games work with all new hardware all the time always? Also, being incredibly condescending in virtually all of your posts because you're getting smacked down for your utterly useless thread isn't winning you any points. Also, karma bombing going on in this thread. Also, I keep reading your username as "remedial" in my head, which seems oddly appropriate. Also, get out.
#41Remidi, Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 12:48 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I quickly browsed through the reply's and all I can say is...sigh. I am not trying to impress anyone, I am just giving out as much info as I feel appropriate. Enjoy your broken game.
#42 Oct 08 2010 at 2:21 PM Rating: Decent
Remidi wrote:
I just listed it as defective, and said it crashed my computer. Thats it. I mailed it back via UPS a couple days ago.


Wow, people at Amazon.com must be idiots... Sorry, but they are. If you can just take a product, use the code, and then just claim its defective and get your money back then you're pretty much getting a free game here. I'm not saying that's entirely what you did here but technically it kind of is. If you managed to install the game and play it then guess what, it's not defective. Crashing PCs, ****, that happens with any program. FFXIV's problem is it was shipped as an unfinished game. It's not defective, just unfinished which patches are fixing. I'm not defending the game here as there's so many issues with it the thought isn't even funny.

Either way you've now got the game and your money back. Though honestly I hope Amazon puts two and two together and then realizes this had a code you used then revokes your refund. This really isn't sticking it to SE as they've got their money for the game, it's Amazon that'll eat the loss on this one. It just shows how stupid Amazon as a company must be...
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV Roleplayer

Sair Gammonari - Hyur Midlander Male - Conjurer (Somewhat retired.)
Mihana Zhralyia - Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun Female - Archer



#43 Oct 08 2010 at 2:48 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
BaseVilliN wrote:
Horrible time sink, lack of chat channels, no recipe book, inventory issues, combat issues, lack of mouse+kb support. Those all describe FFXI.
The problem is that FFXIV does most of these things worse than FFXI ever did. The chat system worked better in ffxi, there was always an inventory sorting feature even if it wasn't automatic, and the biggest for me is that FFXI had monumentally better keyboard support for the game. FFXI was designed to be used by either a controller and keyboard or just a keyboard. FFXIV seems to be designed for a controller with keyboard controls only added in a minimalistic state for people who don't own controllers. The mouse is kinda a joke, but more necessary in FFXIV due to how little functionality the keyboard has.

By the way, "designed for a controller" doesn't mean that it's any better using a controller. The controller is already very limited in what it can do, but so is the UI, so they go together well. You don't feel like you're missing out on anything with the controller, because you can't do things like ctrl+I to open the inventory without going through the main menu. The keyboard is by far the most dynamic type of controller, but there are so few options designed to utilize it.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 13 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (13)