Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Why SE didn't add AH. BLAME the FFXI'erFollow

#1 Oct 05 2010 at 7:13 PM Rating: Sub-Default
*
219 posts
Go outside of lower jeuno and see for yourself.

Does that make any sense at all that SE saw it and took it as the players didn't like AH, now they remove it completely.
#2 Oct 05 2010 at 7:15 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
wrongfeifong wrote:
Go outside of lower jeuno and see for yourself.

Does that make any sense at all that SE saw it and took it as the players didn't like AH, now they remove it completely.
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about using rolanmart on at least a weekly basis for several years.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#3 Oct 05 2010 at 7:16 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,448 posts
wrongfeifong wrote:
Go outside of lower jeuno and see for yourself.

Does that make any sense at all that SE saw it and took it as the players didn't like AH, now they remove it completely.


Alternatively, there are about a hundred items in FFXI that can't be auctioned but can still be sold in bazaar.

Bad strawman argument is bad
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#4 Oct 06 2010 at 4:32 AM Rating: Decent
try to be crafted hi end items in AH.. OH YOU CANT !!. Roalnbery has been happeing since day one in FFXI. it is the place to go for deals AH is for planing ahead or getting the daily items. ( AH is AWESOME for seeing what is available to you inthe future and What it MAY cost. Stop knocking hte AH it was the easiest way to buy and sell.
#5 Oct 06 2010 at 4:35 AM Rating: Good
***
2,987 posts
As stated before, the Bazaars were mostly used in FFXI for stuff that can't be sold in the AH, or things that would require paying such a humongous AH tax that it was preferable to put it into a bazaar.

The AH is still king there for anything crafted and especially lower level stuff (even though lower level gear is now really hard to find on the AH, but that's because FFXI is so top heavy now).
____________________________
=10 is about My Little Pony.
Some people say I'm the DEVIL.
Aluus wrote:
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU EVIL EVIL *******!!!!!!!!

KaneIsthara wrote:
You are the devil. Now it's gonna happen.

Kaolian wrote:
Also Tofu. We totally ban over Tofu as well.

My Brute - Valiarius
#6 Oct 06 2010 at 4:39 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
46 posts
wrongfeifong wrote:
Go outside of lower jeuno and see for yourself.

Does that make any sense at all that SE saw it and took it as the players didn't like AH, now they remove it completely.


Usually 3 types of players do that, RMT who are too stingy to pay for the AH tax, players who want to sell items that are not sellable on the AH, and players that have the AH full up already and want to efficiently sell items, there are more players using the AH in FFXI than players that aren't so your statement makes no sense.

Fact is AH is a very efficient way to buy and sell items, no MMO should be without one.

Edited, Oct 6th 2010 6:42am by c0d3r
#7 Oct 06 2010 at 5:10 AM Rating: Excellent
**
285 posts
Quote:
Go outside of lower jeuno and see for yourself.

Does that make any sense at all that SE saw it and took it as the players didn't like AH, now they remove it completely.


Soooo....SE saw that 20-40 people at a time were bazaaring stuff that can not be auctioned or would result in a high tax (95% of stuff in rolanmart was ancient currency) and decided that the playerbase must hate the AH despite it being the most used thing in the game.......yup makes sense to me ( ' . ' )b

Edited, Oct 6th 2010 7:11am by xxAnikalxx
____________________________


February 11, 1926 – November 28, 2010
Leslie Nielsen. Shirley, he will be missed.
#8 Oct 06 2010 at 5:12 AM Rating: Good
***
2,987 posts
xxAnikalxx wrote:
Quote:
Go outside of lower jeuno and see for yourself.

Does that make any sense at all that SE saw it and took it as the players didn't like AH, now they remove it completely.


Soooo....SE saw that 20-40 people at a time were bazaaring stuff that can not be auctioned or would result in a high tax (95% of stuff in rolanmart was ancient currency) and decided that the playerbase must hate the AH despite it being the most used thing in the game.......yup makes sense to me ( ' . ' )b


Would be funny if some variation of Pankration or Ballista got added to FFXIV before an actual AH.
____________________________
=10 is about My Little Pony.
Some people say I'm the DEVIL.
Aluus wrote:
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU EVIL EVIL *******!!!!!!!!

KaneIsthara wrote:
You are the devil. Now it's gonna happen.

Kaolian wrote:
Also Tofu. We totally ban over Tofu as well.

My Brute - Valiarius
#9 Oct 06 2010 at 5:19 AM Rating: Excellent
**
285 posts
Omg i hope so, just for the epic laughs!
____________________________


February 11, 1926 – November 28, 2010
Leslie Nielsen. Shirley, he will be missed.
#10Lonix, Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 5:38 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Every FFXI player will know FFXI was the reason for the current FFXIV AH crap. Thank the RMT's and the UPPd prices of AH fixers. I prefer the new system yes its annoying but once the update comes I will be much happier.
#11 Oct 06 2010 at 5:42 AM Rating: Good
***
2,987 posts
Lonix wrote:
Every FFXI player will know FFXI was the reason for the current FFXIV AH crap. Thank the RMT's and the UPPd prices of AH fixers. I prefer the new system yes its annoying but once the update comes I will be much happier.


RMT will always find ways around any measures implemented, especially in an environment with no AH. They can simply create a gazillion Bazaar mules, fill them up with whatever they want to sell, and clutter your screen in such a way you won't be able to compare prices for lack of time available to browse every single bazaar.
____________________________
=10 is about My Little Pony.
Some people say I'm the DEVIL.
Aluus wrote:
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU EVIL EVIL *******!!!!!!!!

KaneIsthara wrote:
You are the devil. Now it's gonna happen.

Kaolian wrote:
Also Tofu. We totally ban over Tofu as well.

My Brute - Valiarius
#12 Oct 06 2010 at 5:46 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,005 posts
wrongfeifong wrote:
Go outside of lower jeuno and see for yourself.


Actually, you won't see anything. The Jeuno bazaar tax was lifted some time ago (the Whitegate bazaar tax remains in place) and players' bazaars promptly migrated into Jeuno proper. On Leviathan, you see them in Upper Jeuno, mostly.

Quote:

Does that make any sense at all that SE saw it and took it as the players didn't like AH, now they remove it completely.


SE would have to be a special kind of idiot not to figure out that people didn't like AH *fees* (and also, that some things, by their own design, aren't auctionable).
____________________________
Chris Mattern
#13 Oct 06 2010 at 6:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
**
254 posts
Lonix wrote:
Every FFXI player will know FFXI was the reason for the current FFXIV AH crap. Thank the RMT's and the UPPd prices of AH fixers. I prefer the new system yes its annoying but once the update comes I will be much happier.


No Auction House deters RMTs? The gil sellers that are already spamming their websites on Besaid would like a word with you.

Lets call a duck a duck here, folks. The game isn't any easier or safer or sensible without an AH. It was a poor design choice, like many other decisions they made about this game. They will eventually put one in, I have no doubt in my mind, and hopefully sooner rather than later, but let's not make silly excuses for them. Even if you were one of the like, three people here that feels that no AH was a good idea, no, you want one too because if they stubbornly hold out on basic things like this then most people will run out of patience and leave.

And don't kid yourselves, those of you that feel that there is no way for Squeenix and FFXIV to fail. It has happened to bigger and better companies and MMOs. The history of business is rife with companies who thought themselves too dominant in their field, too tenured in their cushy positions to fail. There is no such thing, and pride comes before the fall.

Mind you, I'm not saying FFXIV is destined to fail. I am saying that if they don't make steady progress on the issues that are causing the general disapproval of their game, then I don't care if you personally don't mind the issue(s), they will over the course of time see more and more players leave, start shutting down servers, and then eventually stop service in the markets that are doing poorly. This isn't Neverwinter Nights (AoL), Meridian 59, Ultima Online or Everquest which all had turns being basically the only kid on the block.
____________________________
FFXI: Shassa (Sylph) 75 THF/NIN, THF/RNG, retired '08 ** EQ2: Shassia (Lucan D'Lere) 80 SK, retired '06 ** EQ: Shassa (Bertoxx/Terris Thule) 50 SK, retired '02
#14 Oct 06 2010 at 9:35 AM Rating: Default
Shassa wrote:
Lonix wrote:
Every FFXI player will know FFXI was the reason for the current FFXIV AH crap. Thank the RMT's and the UPPd prices of AH fixers. I prefer the new system yes its annoying but once the update comes I will be much happier.


No Auction House deters RMTs? The gil sellers that are already spamming their websites on Besaid would like a word with you.


"Deter" is not the same as "remove altogether." Just because the RMT are present doesn't mean SE didn't make certain design decisions to try and make the game less approachable for them. I'm not saying that's why there's no AH, I'm saying that if you're shocked to find RMT in XIV or think that their spamming is an indication nothing is being done about them, you're naive. RMT will be in every MMO. It's just a question of to what extent their activities will influence the legitimate players.
#15 Oct 06 2010 at 10:08 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
20 posts
People willing to trade their freedom for security deserve neither and will lose both.
#16 Oct 06 2010 at 10:37 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Lonix wrote:
Every FFXI player will know FFXI was the reason for the current FFXIV AH crap. Thank the RMT's and the UPPd prices of AH fixers. I prefer the new system yes its annoying but once the update comes I will be much happier.
The only reason the AH in FFXI was subject to price manipulation was because the price history was artificially cut off after a dozen or so sales. All you have to do is buy and sell the same thing at a high price a handful of times and suddenly you've completely rewritten the price history. That was one of the several poor implementation aspects. Leaving a complete AH history and not erasing old values would effectively end that problem.

Shassa wrote:
No Auction House deters RMTs? The gil sellers that are already spamming their websites on Besaid would like a word with you.
They're just RPing as RMT. :P

Edited, Oct 6th 2010 11:38am by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#17 Oct 06 2010 at 10:37 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
74 posts
Quote:
SE would have to be a special kind of idiot not to figure out that people didn't like AH *fees* (and also, that some things, by their own design, aren't auctionable).


Apparently they are some special kind of idiot then. There is a cut you gotta pay when selling through retainers. As if filling your screen with 100 NPCs that hold random item, which take more time than should be needed to look through(i mean what other purpose do these NPCs hold if they aren't yours?), wasn't a bad enough system, they kept the tax.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)