Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Underleveled WeaponFollow

#1 Oct 06 2010 at 5:00 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
100 posts
Are there any negative impacts on using an underleveled weapon apart from the obvious doing less damage to the mobs you're suppose to be fighting?

Also, would I get less job skill ups by using an underleveled weapon??
Other people seems to have gotten more skill points fighting the same mob. Is this purely random?

Edited, Oct 6th 2010 7:02am by hiyohiyo
#2 Oct 06 2010 at 5:03 AM Rating: Good
**
263 posts
Yes, weapons have accuracy on them aswell. Level 1 weapons have about 20 something less accuracy than their upgrades.

In addition, from observation I have been seeing that doing less damage gives less skill points.

Edited, Oct 6th 2010 7:09am by sylph19
#3 Oct 06 2010 at 5:07 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
100 posts
sylph19 wrote:
Yes, weapons have accuracy on them aswell. Level 1 weapons have about 20 something less accuracy than their upgrades.


when you said yes, are you refering to negative stuff or skill gains?
#4 Oct 06 2010 at 5:09 AM Rating: Good
**
263 posts
hiyohiyo wrote:
sylph19 wrote:
Yes, weapons have accuracy on them aswell. Level 1 weapons have about 20 something less accuracy than their upgrades.


when you said yes, are you refering to negative stuff or skill gains?


On both accounts, I'm going to say yes.
#5 Oct 06 2010 at 5:39 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
100 posts
could it be because the lesser acc of lower lv weapon make me miss more, and therefore skill up less?
#6 Oct 06 2010 at 5:43 AM Rating: Good
*
230 posts
hiyohiyo wrote:
could it be because the lesser acc of lower lv weapon make me miss more, and therefore skill up less?


Yes, as well as, doing 20 dmg may give 15 Skill points while doing 40 dmg with a higher lvl weapon will net 30 skill points. (numbers are for scenario not actual numbers)

Edited, Oct 6th 2010 7:43am by edge1006
____________________________
Tre Kensei [Wutai] Lalafell Con/Thaum/Miner/Glad
Perfection Linkshell
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1361071

Treize (Phoenix) -Retired Jan09-
Re-retired again now that I have [Hermes Shoes -1]
DRK75 SMN75 THF75
Alchemy 60 Clothcraft 40
#7 Oct 06 2010 at 5:59 AM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
edge1006 wrote:
hiyohiyo wrote:
could it be because the lesser acc of lower lv weapon make me miss more, and therefore skill up less?


Yes, as well as, doing 20 dmg may give 15 Skill points while doing 40 dmg with a higher lvl weapon will net 30 skill points. (numbers are for scenario not actual numbers)

Edited, Oct 6th 2010 7:43am by edge1006


all this = fact also having a higher lvl wep with more ACC means you hit more thus skill up faster compared to using a lvl 1 to whiff more and skill up much slower
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#8 Oct 06 2010 at 6:49 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
100 posts
Also, sometimes I notice I skill up during battle, but at the end of battle, I'm not credited for those skill ups......why is that?
#9 Oct 06 2010 at 6:51 AM Rating: Good
*
230 posts
hiyohiyo wrote:
Also, sometimes I notice I skill up during battle, but at the end of battle, I'm not credited for those skill ups......why is that?


Game bug alot of folks have seen this.
Tends to happen in parties of 3 or more.

Ive reported it everytime it happens to me.
Hopefully they will get the picture and look into this.
____________________________
Tre Kensei [Wutai] Lalafell Con/Thaum/Miner/Glad
Perfection Linkshell
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1361071

Treize (Phoenix) -Retired Jan09-
Re-retired again now that I have [Hermes Shoes -1]
DRK75 SMN75 THF75
Alchemy 60 Clothcraft 40
#10 Oct 06 2010 at 6:52 AM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
that only happenes in a party afaik and no one knows why. many many guesses but no actual proof or accepted answer

general accepted conclusion is that party mode aka 3+ ppl is bugged. as it doesnt seem to happen in a party of only 2

edit edge answered abt 30 sec before me while i was still typing lol

Edited, Oct 6th 2010 7:53am by Galkaholics
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#11 Oct 06 2010 at 7:00 AM Rating: Good
*
230 posts
Galkaholics wrote:
that only happenes in a party afaik and no one knows why. many many guesses but no actual proof or accepted answer

general accepted conclusion is that party mode aka 3+ ppl is bugged. as it doesnt seem to happen in a party of only 2

edit edge answered abt 30 sec before me while i was still typing lol

Edited, Oct 6th 2010 7:53am by Galkaholics


no worries..

From my experience Ive mainly seen it when I play as CON and I nuke and heal.
If I only nuke I get skillz.
If I only heal I get skillz.
But when I do both during safe fight... I get the shaft.
____________________________
Tre Kensei [Wutai] Lalafell Con/Thaum/Miner/Glad
Perfection Linkshell
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1361071

Treize (Phoenix) -Retired Jan09-
Re-retired again now that I have [Hermes Shoes -1]
DRK75 SMN75 THF75
Alchemy 60 Clothcraft 40
#12 Oct 06 2010 at 7:11 AM Rating: Decent
**
548 posts
Yeah, the party bug is crippling. In a sick party last night, 3xCON nuking everything in sight, and I tried to figure out wtf is going on by testing out a variety of play styles to see how it affected my SP yields: (nuke) v. (heal) v. (nuke + heal) v. (nuke + buff) v. (heal + buff) etc. etc.

The only thing my parsing confirmed is that I should be soloing.
____________________________
MUTED
#13 Oct 06 2010 at 7:55 AM Rating: Default
**
519 posts
edge1006 wrote:
Galkaholics wrote:
that only happenes in a party afaik and no one knows why. many many guesses but no actual proof or accepted answer

general accepted conclusion is that party mode aka 3+ ppl is bugged. as it doesnt seem to happen in a party of only 2

edit edge answered abt 30 sec before me while i was still typing lol

Edited, Oct 6th 2010 7:53am by Galkaholics


no worries..

From my experience Ive mainly seen it when I play as CON and I nuke and heal.
If I only nuke I get skillz.
If I only heal I get skillz.
But when I do both during safe fight... I get the shaft.

hmm this sounds peculiar im wondering if it has to do with the 500 sp max per fight cap

aka nuking and healing passes 500 sp the "fix" they implimented to stop the conjurors infinite sp glitch thus gives you no exp... its sounds possible
____________________________
FFXI 75rdm 75 war 37 blm 37whm 56mnk 32 blu (Temporarily Retired)

FFXIV Rabanastre: Lolita Conplex deleted. misfits ls used me gave em all my stuff being a good guildie then they riddiculed me til i quit.. stay away from

#14 Oct 06 2010 at 8:01 AM Rating: Good
edge1006 wrote:
hiyohiyo wrote:
Also, sometimes I notice I skill up during battle, but at the end of battle, I'm not credited for those skill ups......why is that?


Game bug alot of folks have seen this.
Tends to happen in parties of 3 or more.


Hmmm didn't even know about that one. Closest I ever had to that was one time I killed a mob, and then it just turned yellow with 0 HP. It stood there for a few mins, then just kinda fell over and I got no exp or SP for it Smiley: disappointed
#15 Oct 06 2010 at 8:09 AM Rating: Good
*
230 posts
Galkaholics wrote:
edge1006 wrote:
Galkaholics wrote:
that only happenes in a party afaik and no one knows why. many many guesses but no actual proof or accepted answer

general accepted conclusion is that party mode aka 3+ ppl is bugged. as it doesnt seem to happen in a party of only 2

edit edge answered abt 30 sec before me while i was still typing lol

Edited, Oct 6th 2010 7:53am by Galkaholics


no worries..

From my experience Ive mainly seen it when I play as CON and I nuke and heal.
If I only nuke I get skillz.
If I only heal I get skillz.
But when I do both during safe fight... I get the shaft.

hmm this sounds peculiar im wondering if it has to do with the 500 sp max per fight cap

aka nuking and healing passes 500 sp the "fix" they implimented to stop the conjurors infinite sp glitch thus gives you no exp... its sounds possible



I thought this for awhile too. However, I can assure you that it has happened to me in battles where i was nowhere near 500 SP. More on the order of 75-100 SP.

____________________________
Tre Kensei [Wutai] Lalafell Con/Thaum/Miner/Glad
Perfection Linkshell
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1361071

Treize (Phoenix) -Retired Jan09-
Re-retired again now that I have [Hermes Shoes -1]
DRK75 SMN75 THF75
Alchemy 60 Clothcraft 40
#16 Oct 06 2010 at 8:59 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,214 posts
There are two things here that I found out that may help people.
To the OP, there are three penalties for underleveled weapons. They take more damage from higher level mobs, the miss more, and they do less damage. The last two cause a 4th problem in that they have a slower skill gain.

As for the issue with the phantom skill ups. This appears to happen after SE changed the log so you now only see your skill and Exp. You still get the skill (unless a party member is in a different zone). The cause appears to be related to non-mob related abilities triggered at the time of the mobs death. Either way if you check your stats you will still have gained the exp. It just doesn't show it.
#17 Oct 06 2010 at 9:02 AM Rating: Good
*
230 posts
rfolkker wrote:
There are two things here that I found out that may help people.
To the OP, there are three penalties for underleveled weapons. They take more damage from higher level mobs, the miss more, and they do less damage. The last two cause a 4th problem in that they have a slower skill gain.

As for the issue with the phantom skill ups. This appears to happen after SE changed the log so you now only see your skill and Exp. You still get the skill (unless a party member is in a different zone). The cause appears to be related to non-mob related abilities triggered at the time of the mobs death. Either way if you check your stats you will still have gained the exp. It just doesn't show it.


I've seen skill up in log during battle. Not been shown tallied skill up at end of battle. And my skill points remain the same after battle is completed. ie: 1000/2200 before battle || skill during battle with no tallied result at end || 1000/2200 after battle.

Im sorry but I have seen your statement to be false.

I have heard of people not showing skill point tally at the end of a fight due to mob death via shockspikes or DoT spell. They however have points being added to their total rank points towards rank up.(Sorry I know that wording is horrible) - But that is a different glitch.

Edited, Oct 6th 2010 11:07am by edge1006
____________________________
Tre Kensei [Wutai] Lalafell Con/Thaum/Miner/Glad
Perfection Linkshell
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1361071

Treize (Phoenix) -Retired Jan09-
Re-retired again now that I have [Hermes Shoes -1]
DRK75 SMN75 THF75
Alchemy 60 Clothcraft 40
#18 Oct 06 2010 at 9:15 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,214 posts
edge1006 wrote:
rfolkker wrote:
There are two things here that I found out that may help people.
To the OP, there are three penalties for underleveled weapons. They take more damage from higher level mobs, the miss more, and they do less damage. The last two cause a 4th problem in that they have a slower skill gain.

As for the issue with the phantom skill ups. This appears to happen after SE changed the log so you now only see your skill and Exp. You still get the skill (unless a party member is in a different zone). The cause appears to be related to non-mob related abilities triggered at the time of the mobs death. Either way if you check your stats you will still have gained the exp. It just doesn't show it.


I've seen skill up in log during battle. Not been shown tallied skill up at end of battle. And my skill points remain the same after battle is completed. ie: 1000/2200 before battle || skill during battle with no tallied result at end || 1000/2200 after battle.

Im sorry but I have seen your statement to be false.

I have heard of people not showing skill point tally at the end of a fight due to mob death via shockspikes or DoT spell. They however have points being added to their total rank points towards rank up.(Sorry I know that wording is horrible) - But that is a different glitch.

Edited, Oct 6th 2010 11:07am by edge1006


Cool, I have partied with my wife from around 5-17 now, and I haven't seen the effect you are seeing. I am assuming this is probably newish and related to the fix for conjurer... Sorry, and thanx for the heads up on this.

I do know that if you are curing and dding as a con you can get 2 reports of skill back, I am wondering if this could be if both combined exceed 500... I will have to play around and see what happens.
#19 Oct 06 2010 at 9:20 AM Rating: Good
*
230 posts
rfolkker wrote:
edge1006 wrote:
rfolkker wrote:
There are two things here that I found out that may help people.
To the OP, there are three penalties for underleveled weapons. They take more damage from higher level mobs, the miss more, and they do less damage. The last two cause a 4th problem in that they have a slower skill gain.

As for the issue with the phantom skill ups. This appears to happen after SE changed the log so you now only see your skill and Exp. You still get the skill (unless a party member is in a different zone). The cause appears to be related to non-mob related abilities triggered at the time of the mobs death. Either way if you check your stats you will still have gained the exp. It just doesn't show it.


I've seen skill up in log during battle. Not been shown tallied skill up at end of battle. And my skill points remain the same after battle is completed. ie: 1000/2200 before battle || skill during battle with no tallied result at end || 1000/2200 after battle.

Im sorry but I have seen your statement to be false.

I have heard of people not showing skill point tally at the end of a fight due to mob death via shockspikes or DoT spell. They however have points being added to their total rank points towards rank up.(Sorry I know that wording is horrible) - But that is a different glitch.

Edited, Oct 6th 2010 11:07am by edge1006


Cool, I have partied with my wife from around 5-17 now, and I haven't seen the effect you are seeing. I am assuming this is probably newish and related to the fix for conjurer... Sorry, and thanx for the heads up on this.

I do know that if you are curing and dding as a con you can get 2 reports of skill back, I am wondering if this could be if both combined exceed 500... I will have to play around and see what happens.



Sure thing, no worries.
Its not a new thing, ive seen it since closed beta. (another thing they have not fixed)

You say you have partied with your wife and not seen it. When you guys party is it just the two of you?
Or do you have others partying as well? Ive only ever seen this glitch in groups of 3+ is the reason why I ask.

When I duo with just a GLA friend of mine... we never have this issue. But the second we add another LS member or random person it all goes to ****.
____________________________
Tre Kensei [Wutai] Lalafell Con/Thaum/Miner/Glad
Perfection Linkshell
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1361071

Treize (Phoenix) -Retired Jan09-
Re-retired again now that I have [Hermes Shoes -1]
DRK75 SMN75 THF75
Alchemy 60 Clothcraft 40
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)