Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

Here's to you all leaving ^^bFollow

#1 Oct 07 2010 at 12:18 PM Rating: Default
38 posts
Quote:
Everyone is so negative and doubtful. I am staying postive until the free month of play is over. The place holders are to obvious and even promotional material release by SE shows things not yet in the game, cutscenes, quest, etc.

There are Chocobo placeholders, Airship placeholders, small city like areas close to every major city, new town and guild area place holders, etc. This is content that is activly being worked on NOW and will be released. Not content they plan to start to develope someday... SE has a long history of playing it tight lipped until it something is 100% ready and they often do not hint at anything until it is 100%, nor do they release it.

This may not be the patch that adds in a lot of the updates and "in development" content and fixes, but they are coming.

On 5/16/2002 FFXI went on sale and service began. The job max was 50, there where no NMs, No Auction House, and many jobs we no in FFXI, including SMN where not in the game at all. There where so many server issues, disconnects, etc. that they extended the free play month to make up for all the issues which they eventually fixed.

On 5/23/2002 they did a small patch, with 2 really small and insignificant quick fixes... sound familiar yet?

On 6/11/2002 The first major update was released, less than a month after service began. This saw the implementation of the Auction House, Notorious Monsters, HQ Crafting results, and a bunch of fixes and adjustments. The first of many such changes.



FFXIV is NOT FFXI. You can not say that because these things have been done right in FFXI for 8 years now, they should have been in to start FFXIV off with. FFXIV is a completely new game with new features, a new engine, and a lot of programing differences and challenges. It is not simply reusing code with minor updates... Any programmer should know this. You may be able, as a programmer/dev, to look at FFXI and say that this works great and we want it in FFXIV but that is just the start of the process, you still have to make it FFXIV compatible.

The first 4 months of FFXI in JP saw a major patch every month and numerous other small patch fixes and improvements as well. The 50 cap was also raised be 5 levels as well, and all of this was, free content, of course. I am willing to bet that the devs where just a tight lipped back then as well, and that a bunch of these issues where complained about up to the fix, then new issues where complained about after as well. Thus is the life of a MMO. FFXIV is a new born baby and has not let learned to craw, let alone run yet. Life has just begun, and the game is far from dead. SE may never hit WoW sub numbers and may even suffer some sub loss due to day 1 problems turning people off, but they do still have time to fix many of the issues before they completely alienate their fans. They also have the money and power to do so if they choose, especially with the PS3 version yet to be released... Not to mention the next Xbox and the PS4, etc. What they lose on PC due to release issues, they can make up if they do it properly. I for one, choose to have faith for now... that may make me a fanboy, but I am playing for free right now and enjoying all my time in game as well, despite all the issues.


^ This. First of all
I don't not post much, i am a long time mmo player, i've played both ffxi and wow (both to endgame content) and obviously not every but most mmo's inbetween.

People who find it necessary to start threads about themselves quitting this horrid game and how they are saying goodbye to the FFXIV make me so incredibly joyful one could not understand. Individuals who will play a game for 2 weeks after launch and decide that it is the most irreputable undesirable game i do NOT want on my server. I am so happy that you individuals are being washed out of this mmo it makes me smile from ear to ear.

That being said a lot of issues need to be adressed, I am by no means a SE fanboy and believe this will without a doubt be the messiah of mmo's, but i am one who has the abillity to withhold judgement beyond one month of a company who has a 8 year long running successful mmo. And i don't want you instant satisfaction cry babies returning to this mmo if SE puts its act together because you bring nothing to the server besides complaints and little understanding for how this game actually works. Please stay away i don't want this game to hit 10 mil subs because i don't believe there is that much intellegence in the world to go around to be on this mmo for it not to have absolute immature idiotic players. Not to bash WoW, despite the flames thrown at it, the game is good for its market. Players who like instant gratifaction, not a large emphasis on graphics, gameplay design, or extensive strategic thinking, that game is for you. It's not an insult its for a certain market. However, the different kind of thinking required to fully understand the game mechanics behind this particular mmo and the foundation and structure it has laid out for it requires a different kind of individual to play with successful in parties and instances etc. Not the one who spams the same key cycle repeatedly regardless the encounter or dungeon.

I am not an elitist, don't get me wrong, if you wanna role play, make your own class, explore, have fun. Just the individuals who bring nothing but complaints and an unwillingness to accept no ideas please leave the game when you see you can't jump or swim and don't return so those of us who want to see different issues addressed and believe in a more involved gameplay system can enjoy a potentially good product.

#2 Oct 07 2010 at 12:23 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
568 posts
It's hard to make an exceptionally smug, ***-hole post around here, but you pulled it off beautifully.

Rate up.
#3 Oct 07 2010 at 12:26 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
852 posts
Here's to all of you staying, hoping against hope your game will improve!

*PITY*
____________________________
#4 Oct 07 2010 at 12:27 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
259 posts
To those who are leaving, can I have your gil?
#5 Oct 07 2010 at 12:29 PM Rating: Good
***
1,636 posts
Quote:

People who find it necessary to start threads about themselves quitting this horrid game and how they are saying goodbye to the FFXIV make me so incredibly joyful one could not understand. Individuals who will play a game for 2 weeks after launch and decide that it is the most irreputable undesirable game i do NOT want on my server. I am so happy that you individuals are being washed out of this mmo it makes me smile from ear to ear.



I like people who post threads complaining about what people said in another thread.
____________________________


#6 Oct 07 2010 at 12:30 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
Wow, and here I thought I was the only one who is happy all these people are leaving.
#7 Oct 07 2010 at 12:32 PM Rating: Decent
38 posts
KujaKoF wrote:
Quote:

People who find it necessary to start threads about themselves quitting this horrid game and how they are saying goodbye to the FFXIV make me so incredibly joyful one could not understand. Individuals who will play a game for 2 weeks after launch and decide that it is the most irreputable undesirable game i do NOT want on my server. I am so happy that you individuals are being washed out of this mmo it makes me smile from ear to ear.



I like people who post threads complaining about what people said in another thread.


I apologize i think you misunderstood my op. I am not complaining whatsoever about people's post bout leaving. Im actually doing the opposite, did not mean to be smug or sarcastic, i am genuinly enthused about the fact that they are indeed leaving. Im just pointing out the fact that some people have the abillity to withhold judgement on certain matters and that for most individuals i have spoken with on my server, those going out with their farewell speeches will not be missed for they provided nothing but complaints and headache's.
#8 Oct 07 2010 at 12:34 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,636 posts
Johnsmith129 wrote:
KujaKoF wrote:
Quote:

People who find it necessary to start threads about themselves quitting this horrid game and how they are saying goodbye to the FFXIV make me so incredibly joyful one could not understand. Individuals who will play a game for 2 weeks after launch and decide that it is the most irreputable undesirable game i do NOT want on my server. I am so happy that you individuals are being washed out of this mmo it makes me smile from ear to ear.



I like people who post threads complaining about what people said in another thread.


I apologize i think you misunderstood my op. I am not complaining whatsoever about people's post bout leaving. Im actually doing the opposite, did not mean to be smug or sarcastic, i am genuinly enthused about the fact that they are indeed leaving. Im just pointing out the fact that some people have the abillity to withhold judgement on certain matters and that for most individuals i have spoken with on my server, those going out with their farewell speeches will not be missed for they provided nothing but complaints and headache's.


and I was just noting that instead of simplying replying to the person you quoted, you made your own thread about it. I didnt misunderstand your post. I don't think anyone could. You insulted people who don't agree with you and stated you're happy they wont be around you anymore.

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 2:35pm by KujaKoF
____________________________


#9 Oct 07 2010 at 12:38 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
384 posts
they dont release stuff unless it's 100%

um...then what do you call this clusterf*ck of an mmo attempt called FFXIV?
____________________________
Naeo & Loury
PUP73 & BRD78
both retired.
R.I.P
Bismarck Server - 8 years in the making.

Upset about XIV? Stop complaining, and join the solution
ffxiah thread
ZAM thread
BG, Gamespot, and other sites are being utilized as well.
#10 Oct 07 2010 at 12:39 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
247 posts
We will see how happy you are about folks leaving when they consolidate servers and start pulling dev support because nobody is paying monthly fees. When you see a copy of FFXIV in the bargain bin at Best Buy for $5 we will see how great you think the game still is.

You can act like you are somehow a superior MMO player because you are willing to play a seriously flawed game, but in the end all you will be playing is an abandoned game with a skeleton dev crew and a small handful of servers behind it.

Trust me, I know how it works after playing Vanguard for years.
#11 Oct 07 2010 at 12:40 PM Rating: Default
38 posts
KujaKoF wrote:
Johnsmith129 wrote:
KujaKoF wrote:
Quote:

People who find it necessary to start threads about themselves quitting this horrid game and how they are saying goodbye to the FFXIV make me so incredibly joyful one could not understand. Individuals who will play a game for 2 weeks after launch and decide that it is the most irreputable undesirable game i do NOT want on my server. I am so happy that you individuals are being washed out of this mmo it makes me smile from ear to ear.



I like people who post threads complaining about what people said in another thread.


I apologize i think you misunderstood my op. I am not complaining whatsoever about people's post bout leaving. Im actually doing the opposite, did not mean to be smug or sarcastic, i am genuinly enthused about the fact that they are indeed leaving. Im just pointing out the fact that some people have the abillity to withhold judgement on certain matters and that for most individuals i have spoken with on my server, those going out with their farewell speeches will not be missed for they provided nothing but complaints and headache's.


and I was just noting that instead of simplying replying to the person you quoted, you made your own thread about it. I didnt misunderstand your post. I don't think anyone could. You insulted people who don't agree with you and stated you're happy they wont be around you anymore.

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 2:35pm by KujaKoF


You clearly did misunderstand it and still continue to do so.
I did not insult anyone who did not agree with my opinion, i do not see how you come to that conclusion. I actually made a point to note people who enjoy different types of mmos such as WoW, which even i did at one point, is totally acceptable. I am 100% accepting to people with different trains of thought and who disagree, i do not insult their point of view. I am saying that it is indeed a DIFFERENT point of view that obviously does not mold well with this gamestyle so they will continue to not like it and complain about it so they should just leave to something more fitting to their playstyle. How is that an insult? So i re-state that you misunderstood me or your dellusional and im assuming it is not the latter of the two.
#12 Oct 07 2010 at 12:43 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
247 posts
We will see how happy you are about folks leaving when they consolidate servers and start pulling dev support because nobody is paying monthly fees. When you see a copy of FFXIV in the bargain bin at Best Buy for $5 we will see how great you think the game still is.

You can act like you are somehow a superior MMO player because you are willing to play a seriously flawed game, but in the end all you will be playing is an abandoned game with a skeleton dev crew and a small handful of servers behind it.

Trust me, I know how it works after playing Vanguard for years.
#13 Oct 07 2010 at 12:43 PM Rating: Default
38 posts
Enscheff wrote:
We will see how happy you are about folks leaving when they consolidate servers and start pulling dev support because nobody is paying monthly fees. When you see a copy of FFXIV in the bargain bin at Best Buy for $5 we will see how great you think the game still is.

You can act like you are somehow a superior MMO player because you are willing to play a seriously flawed game, but in the end all you will be playing is an abandoned game with a skeleton dev crew and a small handful of servers behind it.

Trust me, I know how it works after playing Vanguard for years.


Indeed a good point.

However due to the numerous SE fanboys, apparant daily on these forums, the game will no doubt maintain at least 100k+ subs with the final fantasy genre followers and ps3 release to keep this from happening.

Did i say i was a superior MMO player? This is why i post seldom because the level of insinuation created by posters on these forums.

Please respond to the merit of a post not some assumption you got from similar trains of thought.
#14 Oct 07 2010 at 12:47 PM Rating: Default
*
151 posts
to the op well said :)
#15 Oct 07 2010 at 12:53 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,636 posts
Johnsmith129 wrote:
KujaKoF wrote:
Johnsmith129 wrote:
KujaKoF wrote:
Quote:

People who find it necessary to start threads about themselves quitting this horrid game and how they are saying goodbye to the FFXIV make me so incredibly joyful one could not understand. Individuals who will play a game for 2 weeks after launch and decide that it is the most irreputable undesirable game i do NOT want on my server. I am so happy that you individuals are being washed out of this mmo it makes me smile from ear to ear.



I like people who post threads complaining about what people said in another thread.


I apologize i think you misunderstood my op. I am not complaining whatsoever about people's post bout leaving. Im actually doing the opposite, did not mean to be smug or sarcastic, i am genuinly enthused about the fact that they are indeed leaving. Im just pointing out the fact that some people have the abillity to withhold judgement on certain matters and that for most individuals i have spoken with on my server, those going out with their farewell speeches will not be missed for they provided nothing but complaints and headache's.


and I was just noting that instead of simplying replying to the person you quoted, you made your own thread about it. I didnt misunderstand your post. I don't think anyone could. You insulted people who don't agree with you and stated you're happy they wont be around you anymore.

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 2:35pm by KujaKoF


You clearly did misunderstand it and still continue to do so.
I did not insult anyone who did not agree with my opinion, i do not see how you come to that conclusion. I actually made a point to note people who enjoy different types of mmos such as WoW, which even i did at one point, is totally acceptable. I am 100% accepting to people with different trains of thought and who disagree, i do not insult their point of view. I am saying that it is indeed a DIFFERENT point of view that obviously does not mold well with this gamestyle so they will continue to not like it and complain about it so they should just leave to something more fitting to their playstyle. How is that an insult? So i re-state that you misunderstood me or your dellusional and im assuming it is not the latter of the two.


I'll go ahead and bold a few things I felt were insulting

Quote:

That being said a lot of issues need to be adressed, I am by no means a SE fanboy and believe this will without a doubt be the messiah of mmo's, but i am one who has the abillity to withhold judgement beyond one month of a company who has a 8 year long running successful mmo. And i don't want you instant satisfaction cry babies returning to this mmo if SE puts its act together because you bring nothing to the server besides complaints and little understanding for how this game actually works. Please stay away i don't want this game to hit 10 mil subs because i don't believe there is that much intellegence in the world to go around to be on this mmo for it not to have absolute immature idiotic players. Not to bash WoW, despite the flames thrown at it, the game is good for its market. Players who like instant gratifaction, not a large emphasis on graphics, gameplay design, or extensive strategic thinking, that game is for you. It's not an insult its for a certain market. However, the different kind of thinking required to fully understand the game mechanics behind this particular mmo and the foundation and structure it has laid out for it requires a different kind of individual to play with successful in parties and instances etc. Not the one who spams the same key cycle repeatedly regardless the encounter or dungeon



You have implied that anyone who dislikes the game as of now is an instant satisfaction crybaby. You then go on to say that they simply don't understand how this game works. You claim not to bash wow, but you generalize its players as immature and idiotic. You're entitled to your opinion, however you are very insulting towards people who don't share yours. In fact you claim that I am misunderstood for finding you referring to people as immature and idiotic, or that I am delusional. You are a troll. You made this post to **** people off. Hiding it behind backhanded compliments doesn't change that.
____________________________


#16 Oct 07 2010 at 12:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
384 posts
i very highly doubt 100k+ people will pay for this game unless SE fixes their crap. Mostly because i doubt even half of that will remain after the next two months.

a paid beta is a bad opening to a game, with it's many flaws and bad reviews, PS3 users will think twice before picking up the product unless things are fixed.
____________________________
Naeo & Loury
PUP73 & BRD78
both retired.
R.I.P
Bismarck Server - 8 years in the making.

Upset about XIV? Stop complaining, and join the solution
ffxiah thread
ZAM thread
BG, Gamespot, and other sites are being utilized as well.
#17 Oct 07 2010 at 1:00 PM Rating: Default
38 posts
KujaKoF wrote:
Johnsmith129 wrote:
KujaKoF wrote:
Johnsmith129 wrote:
KujaKoF wrote:
Quote:

People who find it necessary to start threads about themselves quitting this horrid game and how they are saying goodbye to the FFXIV make me so incredibly joyful one could not understand. Individuals who will play a game for 2 weeks after launch and decide that it is the most irreputable undesirable game i do NOT want on my server. I am so happy that you individuals are being washed out of this mmo it makes me smile from ear to ear.



I like people who post threads complaining about what people said in another thread.


I apologize i think you misunderstood my op. I am not complaining whatsoever about people's post bout leaving. Im actually doing the opposite, did not mean to be smug or sarcastic, i am genuinly enthused about the fact that they are indeed leaving. Im just pointing out the fact that some people have the abillity to withhold judgement on certain matters and that for most individuals i have spoken with on my server, those going out with their farewell speeches will not be missed for they provided nothing but complaints and headache's.


and I was just noting that instead of simplying replying to the person you quoted, you made your own thread about it. I didnt misunderstand your post. I don't think anyone could. You insulted people who don't agree with you and stated you're happy they wont be around you anymore.

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 2:35pm by KujaKoF


You clearly did misunderstand it and still continue to do so.
I did not insult anyone who did not agree with my opinion, i do not see how you come to that conclusion. I actually made a point to note people who enjoy different types of mmos such as WoW, which even i did at one point, is totally acceptable. I am 100% accepting to people with different trains of thought and who disagree, i do not insult their point of view. I am saying that it is indeed a DIFFERENT point of view that obviously does not mold well with this gamestyle so they will continue to not like it and complain about it so they should just leave to something more fitting to their playstyle. How is that an insult? So i re-state that you misunderstood me or your dellusional and im assuming it is not the latter of the two.


I'll go ahead and bold a few things I felt were insulting

Quote:

That being said a lot of issues need to be adressed, I am by no means a SE fanboy and believe this will without a doubt be the messiah of mmo's, but i am one who has the abillity to withhold judgement beyond one month of a company who has a 8 year long running successful mmo. And i don't want you instant satisfaction cry babies returning to this mmo if SE puts its act together because you bring nothing to the server besides complaints and little understanding for how this game actually works. Please stay away i don't want this game to hit 10 mil subs because i don't believe there is that much intellegence in the world to go around to be on this mmo for it not to have absolute immature idiotic players. Not to bash WoW, despite the flames thrown at it, the game is good for its market. Players who like instant gratifaction, not a large emphasis on graphics, gameplay design, or extensive strategic thinking, that game is for you. It's not an insult its for a certain market. However, the different kind of thinking required to fully understand the game mechanics behind this particular mmo and the foundation and structure it has laid out for it requires a different kind of individual to play with successful in parties and instances etc. Not the one who spams the same key cycle repeatedly regardless the encounter or dungeon



You have implied that anyone who dislikes the game as of now is an instant satisfaction crybaby. You then go on to say that they simply don't understand how this game works. You claim not to bash wow, but you generalize its players as immature and idiotic. You're entitled to your opinion, however you are very insulting towards people who don't share yours. In fact you claim that I am misunderstood for finding you referring to people as immature and idiotic, or that I am delusional. You are a troll. You made this post to **** people off. Hiding it behind backhanded compliments doesn't change that.


Yes highlight certain aspects of the op takin out of context and re-word them, now they are insulting.

You ridiculous.

I never said people who play WoW are idiotic. I never said those who dislikes the game is an instant satisfaction crybaby.
I SAID that people who judge ANY game, even those who say started with WOW and quit 2 weeks in and quit, are instant satisfaction crybabies because they don't have the ability to withhold judgement such as your self implying im a troll. I am insulting no one you are making ridiculous assumptions.

I did not generalize WOW
s players as immature and idiotic, i generalized the players who leave a brand new MMO in 2 weeks as this and they should go play a game that is more-developed and less of a grind.

Wow i have never met someone so incable of interpreting a post. Jesus man you jump to conclusions and take things outta context.

Again i apologize for your confusion.
#18 Oct 07 2010 at 1:11 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,636 posts
Quote:
I never said people who play WoW are idiotic. I never said those who dislikes the game is an instant satisfaction crybaby.
I SAID that people who judge ANY game, even those who say started with WOW and quit 2 weeks in and quit, are instant satisfaction crybabies because they don't have the ability to withhold judgement such as your self implying im a troll. I am insulting no one you are making ridiculous assumptions.


I'll ignore what you've posted before. You can re clarify and reinterpret what you'd said, I don't want to argue. however, based on your most recent clarification, you are now insulting people who have decided that they do not like a product after 2 weeks, by calling them instant satisfaction crybabies.

I haven't misunderstood your posts. You're glad that people who don't like the game are leaving. That's a completely fair point. While I did read it as insulting, you do at least admit that not every game is for every player, and I completely agree with that, I just don't look down on on other games as you come across.

anyways, you got me, I took the bait. Consider me trolled.
____________________________


#19 Oct 07 2010 at 1:16 PM Rating: Default
**
782 posts
Quote:
I am insulting no one you are making ridiculous assumptions.


Welcome to ZAM Johnsmith129!
#20 Oct 07 2010 at 1:21 PM Rating: Decent
40 posts
Johnsmith129 wrote:
Quote:
Everyone is so negative and doubtful. I am staying postive until the free month of play is over. The place holders are to obvious and even promotional material release by SE shows things not yet in the game, cutscenes, quest, etc.

There are Chocobo placeholders, Airship placeholders, small city like areas close to every major city, new town and guild area place holders, etc. This is content that is activly being worked on NOW and will be released. Not content they plan to start to develope someday... SE has a long history of playing it tight lipped until it something is 100% ready and they often do not hint at anything until it is 100%, nor do they release it.

This may not be the patch that adds in a lot of the updates and "in development" content and fixes, but they are coming.

On 5/16/2002 FFXI went on sale and service began. The job max was 50, there where no NMs, No Auction House, and many jobs we no in FFXI, including SMN where not in the game at all. There where so many server issues, disconnects, etc. that they extended the free play month to make up for all the issues which they eventually fixed.

On 5/23/2002 they did a small patch, with 2 really small and insignificant quick fixes... sound familiar yet?

On 6/11/2002 The first major update was released, less than a month after service began. This saw the implementation of the Auction House, Notorious Monsters, HQ Crafting results, and a bunch of fixes and adjustments. The first of many such changes.



FFXIV is NOT FFXI. You can not say that because these things have been done right in FFXI for 8 years now, they should have been in to start FFXIV off with. FFXIV is a completely new game with new features, a new engine, and a lot of programing differences and challenges. It is not simply reusing code with minor updates... Any programmer should know this. You may be able, as a programmer/dev, to look at FFXI and say that this works great and we want it in FFXIV but that is just the start of the process, you still have to make it FFXIV compatible.

The first 4 months of FFXI in JP saw a major patch every month and numerous other small patch fixes and improvements as well. The 50 cap was also raised be 5 levels as well, and all of this was, free content, of course. I am willing to bet that the devs where just a tight lipped back then as well, and that a bunch of these issues where complained about up to the fix, then new issues where complained about after as well. Thus is the life of a MMO. FFXIV is a new born baby and has not let learned to craw, let alone run yet. Life has just begun, and the game is far from dead. SE may never hit WoW sub numbers and may even suffer some sub loss due to day 1 problems turning people off, but they do still have time to fix many of the issues before they completely alienate their fans. They also have the money and power to do so if they choose, especially with the PS3 version yet to be released... Not to mention the next Xbox and the PS4, etc. What they lose on PC due to release issues, they can make up if they do it properly. I for one, choose to have faith for now... that may make me a fanboy, but I am playing for free right now and enjoying all my time in game as well, despite all the issues.


^ This. First of all
I don't not post much, i am a long time mmo player, i've played both ffxi and wow (both to endgame content) and obviously not every but most mmo's inbetween.

People who find it necessary to start threads about themselves quitting this horrid game and how they are saying goodbye to the FFXIV make me so incredibly joyful one could not understand. Individuals who will play a game for 2 weeks after launch and decide that it is the most irreputable undesirable game i do NOT want on my server. I am so happy that you individuals are being washed out of this mmo it makes me smile from ear to ear.

That being said a lot of issues need to be adressed, I am by no means a SE fanboy and believe this will without a doubt be the messiah of mmo's, but i am one who has the abillity to withhold judgement beyond one month of a company who has a 8 year long running successful mmo. And i don't want you instant satisfaction cry babies returning to this mmo if SE puts its act together because you bring nothing to the server besides complaints and little understanding for how this game actually works. Please stay away i don't want this game to hit 10 mil subs because i don't believe there is that much intellegence in the world to go around to be on this mmo for it not to have absolute immature idiotic players. Not to bash WoW, despite the flames thrown at it, the game is good for its market. Players who like instant gratifaction, not a large emphasis on graphics, gameplay design, or extensive strategic thinking, that game is for you. It's not an insult its for a certain market. However, the different kind of thinking required to fully understand the game mechanics behind this particular mmo and the foundation and structure it has laid out for it requires a different kind of individual to play with successful in parties and instances etc. Not the one who spams the same key cycle repeatedly regardless the encounter or dungeon.

I am not an elitist, don't get me wrong, if you wanna role play, make your own class, explore, have fun. Just the individuals who bring nothing but complaints and an unwillingness to accept no ideas please leave the game when you see you can't jump or swim and don't return so those of us who want to see different issues addressed and believe in a more involved gameplay system can enjoy a potentially good product.



umad?

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 3:22pm by DilemmaLevi
____________________________
FFXIV - Rabanastre - Fisherman
FFXI - Leviathan - 75 Beastmaster /37 NIN/40 THF/40 BLU
#21 Oct 07 2010 at 1:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
109 posts
This was a pretty smug post. Very unpleasant to read.

Instead of insulting people who are obviously hurt and severely disappointed, why not just make it a point to talk about how you like the game, as other folks have chosen to do? If you are truly _happy_ that people are, in your opinion, making the wrong decision, why? Because you get to feel like they are dumb and you are smart? Was this some obscure way to make people feel bad about themselves in the ways that they choose to feel about things? The people who come on here and complain are varied, but I have seen tons of quality posts that investigate the ways the game can dramatically improve. I have also seen topics in support of the game that put the failures in context. Both of these types of posts are incredibly valuable and are helping build this game into something I can dedicate myself to. Your post, however, does none of these things, as you instead choose to mock people for the reasons that they choose to be upset.

Do you honestly, truly think that there is anything more than ill will towards people in your post? As much as the people who irrationally whine on this forum, you make for a very dissatisfying poster. Rate down.
____________________________
Into Memoria - FFXIV Free Company
#22 Oct 07 2010 at 1:26 PM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Johnsmith129 wrote:
Yes highlight certain aspects of the op takin out of context and re-word them, now they are insulting.

You ridiculous.

I never said people who play WoW are idiotic. I never said those who dislikes the game is an instant satisfaction crybaby.
I SAID that people who judge ANY game, even those who say started with WOW and quit 2 weeks in and quit, are instant satisfaction crybabies because they don't have the ability to withhold judgement such as your self implying im a troll. I am insulting no one you are making ridiculous assumptions.

I did not generalize WOW
s players as immature and idiotic, i generalized the players who leave a brand new MMO in 2 weeks as this and they should go play a game that is more-developed and less of a grind.

Wow i have never met someone so incable of interpreting a post. Jesus man you jump to conclusions and take things outta context.

Again i apologize for your confusion.


That's rich. Your OP is practically dripping with condescension.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#23 Oct 07 2010 at 1:27 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
46 posts
Johnsmith129 wrote:
KujaKoF wrote:
Johnsmith129 wrote:
KujaKoF wrote:
Johnsmith129 wrote:
KujaKoF wrote:
Quote:

People who find it necessary to start threads about themselves quitting this horrid game and how they are saying goodbye to the FFXIV make me so incredibly joyful one could not understand. Individuals who will play a game for 2 weeks after launch and decide that it is the most irreputable undesirable game i do NOT want on my server. I am so happy that you individuals are being washed out of this mmo it makes me smile from ear to ear.



I like people who post threads complaining about what people said in another thread.


I apologize i think you misunderstood my op. I am not complaining whatsoever about people's post bout leaving. Im actually doing the opposite, did not mean to be smug or sarcastic, i am genuinly enthused about the fact that they are indeed leaving. Im just pointing out the fact that some people have the abillity to withhold judgement on certain matters and that for most individuals i have spoken with on my server, those going out with their farewell speeches will not be missed for they provided nothing but complaints and headache's.


and I was just noting that instead of simplying replying to the person you quoted, you made your own thread about it. I didnt misunderstand your post. I don't think anyone could. You insulted people who don't agree with you and stated you're happy they wont be around you anymore.

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 2:35pm by KujaKoF


You clearly did misunderstand it and still continue to do so.
I did not insult anyone who did not agree with my opinion, i do not see how you come to that conclusion. I actually made a point to note people who enjoy different types of mmos such as WoW, which even i did at one point, is totally acceptable. I am 100% accepting to people with different trains of thought and who disagree, i do not insult their point of view. I am saying that it is indeed a DIFFERENT point of view that obviously does not mold well with this gamestyle so they will continue to not like it and complain about it so they should just leave to something more fitting to their playstyle. How is that an insult? So i re-state that you misunderstood me or your dellusional and im assuming it is not the latter of the two.


I'll go ahead and bold a few things I felt were insulting

Quote:

That being said a lot of issues need to be adressed, I am by no means a SE fanboy and believe this will without a doubt be the messiah of mmo's, but i am one who has the abillity to withhold judgement beyond one month of a company who has a 8 year long running successful mmo. And i don't want you instant satisfaction cry babies returning to this mmo if SE puts its act together because you bring nothing to the server besides complaints and little understanding for how this game actually works. Please stay away i don't want this game to hit 10 mil subs because i don't believe there is that much intellegence in the world to go around to be on this mmo for it not to have absolute immature idiotic players. Not to bash WoW, despite the flames thrown at it, the game is good for its market. Players who like instant gratifaction, not a large emphasis on graphics, gameplay design, or extensive strategic thinking, that game is for you. It's not an insult its for a certain market. However, the different kind of thinking required to fully understand the game mechanics behind this particular mmo and the foundation and structure it has laid out for it requires a different kind of individual to play with successful in parties and instances etc. Not the one who spams the same key cycle repeatedly regardless the encounter or dungeon



You have implied that anyone who dislikes the game as of now is an instant satisfaction crybaby. You then go on to say that they simply don't understand how this game works. You claim not to bash wow, but you generalize its players as immature and idiotic. You're entitled to your opinion, however you are very insulting towards people who don't share yours. In fact you claim that I am misunderstood for finding you referring to people as immature and idiotic, or that I am delusional. You are a troll. You made this post to **** people off. Hiding it behind backhanded compliments doesn't change that.


Yes highlight certain aspects of the op takin out of context and re-word them, now they are insulting.

You ridiculous.

I never said people who play WoW are idiotic. I never said those who dislikes the game is an instant satisfaction crybaby.
I SAID that people who judge ANY game, even those who say started with WOW and quit 2 weeks in and quit, are instant satisfaction crybabies because they don't have the ability to withhold judgement such as your self implying im a troll. I am insulting no one you are making ridiculous assumptions.

I did not generalize WOW
s players as immature and idiotic, i generalized the players who leave a brand new MMO in 2 weeks as this and they should go play a game that is more-developed and less of a grind.

Wow i have never met someone so incable of interpreting a post. Jesus man you jump to conclusions and take things outta context.

Again i apologize for your confusion.


I don't understand how you can continue to argue back and fourth about this, you were offensive in your post and The more you try to defend and manipulate what you actually said the more of an idiot you look.
#24 Oct 07 2010 at 1:34 PM Rating: Good
They added NM's, crafting HQ's, and an auction house... to a game that had fully functioning mechanics and a UI that worked! 99% do not care about content being added at this point, they just want the **** basics fixed. When are you morons going to understand that. Defend the game all you want, pay for it all you want, if they don't fix these basic things, they can add tons of content, no one will want to trudge through it!

Get your head out of your asses, most people complaining here are doing you guys a huge favor, they're trying to get something that's playable out. So in turn, they can play it and enjoy it without rose colored glasses. Quit thinking these people are attacking the content of this game, any normal person knows an MMO won't have excessive content at release, but it SHOULD have a ****** workin UI!
____________________________

#25 Oct 07 2010 at 1:34 PM Rating: Excellent
*
216 posts
Enscheff wrote:
We will see how happy you are about folks leaving when they consolidate servers and start pulling dev support because nobody is paying monthly fees. When you see a copy of FFXIV in the bargain bin at Best Buy for $5 we will see how great you think the game still is.

You can act like you are somehow a superior MMO player because you are willing to play a seriously flawed game, but in the end all you will be playing is an abandoned game with a skeleton dev crew and a small handful of servers behind it.
Indeed.

It is extremely shortsighted to celebrate players leaving. It may appeal to the elitist mentality of some to see players leave, since that only reinforces the idea that they're the "better player" because they're playing what others gave up on. But the reality of it is that paying customers leaving is never a good thing for anyone.

When the game earns less money, that is a smaller budget to get things fixed. That is a smaller budget to have new content developed. A smaller budget means it takes longer to get those fixes or additions. Less money coming in means it takes SE that much longer to recoup development costs, which until that happens they're not going to throw oodles of cash at the game for expansions.

So you guys can cheer all you want when you see paying customers leaving because they've been stuck with an incomplete product and no word from the developers on when it will be fixed. All that means is you'll be waiting longer for those fixes, and that you'll be making the FFXIV community look like elitist asses. That was a problem in XI, so I guess it's expected that it would repeat in XIV.
#26 Oct 07 2010 at 1:38 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
300 posts
Lol I'm just leaving because FFXIV is just going to be another addiction for me. Even with the warning of don't forget your family and friends I still do. So I'm gonna quit now while I barely got anywhere in the game. I do agree with this post though. I know all those things are going to be implemented. Just wish I could stick around to see it all.
#27 Oct 07 2010 at 1:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
109 posts
Montsegurnephcreep wrote:
They added NM's, crafting HQ's, and an auction house... to a game that had fully functioning mechanics and a UI that worked! 99% do not care about content being added at this point, they just want the **** basics fixed. When are you morons going to understand that. Defend the game all you want, pay for it all you want, if they don't fix these basic things, they can add tons of content, no one will want to trudge through it!

Get your head out of your asses, most people complaining here are doing you guys a huge favor, they're trying to get something that's playable out. So in turn, they can play it and enjoy it without rose colored glasses. Quit thinking these people are attacking the content of this game, any normal person knows an MMO won't have excessive content at release, but it SHOULD have a @#%^in workin UI!

I totally agree with what you are saying, minus how you are saying it. Almost everyone who is on here every day in heated argument wants to love the game, and they have varying levels of undying dedication and love for the franchise. I think both sides are heavily influenced by hurt feelings. For every "moron" who defends the game, there is an equally irrational "hater" who demonizes even the excellent parts of the game.

Besides my issue with the way people are at each other's throats, I agree that this is not an issue of content or certain superficial levels of logic (such as experience return), but more fundamental issues about the interface and how the player interacts with the game. It is clunky and very unpleasant.
____________________________
Into Memoria - FFXIV Free Company
#28 Oct 07 2010 at 1:45 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,652 posts
People love to have some unbridled rancor about something, ANYTHING.

Just look at any single ZAM forum they are a cesspool of hate.

People hating people, hating games, hating ideas, anything they can.

It's like hate is the current fad in stress relief.

Because well let's face it. It's easier to blame something or someone else for your life's miseries than come to terms with your own short comings.

Just so happens FFXIV was in the right place at the wrong time.

Not to say some of the concerns are not warranted but really it's not that bad overall.



TLDR: Get a grip.
#29 Oct 07 2010 at 1:50 PM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
**
362 posts
Smelly wrote:
Because well let's face it. It's easier to blame something or someone else for your life's miseries than come to terms with your own short comings.

Just so happens FFXIV was in the right place at the wrong time.

Not to say some of the concerns are not warranted but really it's not that bad overall.

So which is it, are the concerns warranted, or are people miserable and taking it out on XIV? Seems like a pretty smug response from someone telling people to get a grip.
____________________________
Anakte Grey
BLM 50 SMN/SCH 50 WHM 40
MRD 26 DRG 30 MNK 30 GLA 25

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/416469141_Vt5aq-XL-2.jpg
#30 Oct 07 2010 at 1:57 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,652 posts
Anakte wrote:
Smelly wrote:
Because well let's face it. It's easier to blame something or someone else for your life's miseries than come to terms with your own short comings.

Just so happens FFXIV was in the right place at the wrong time.

Not to say some of the concerns are not warranted but really it's not that bad overall.

So which is it, are the concerns warranted, or are people miserable and taking it out on XIV? Seems like a pretty smug response from someone telling people to get a grip.


Think you missed the word "some". Either that or the world is black and white to you which is a hard way to live. If that's the case then really I have nothing to say to you other than good luck!
#31 Oct 07 2010 at 1:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
**
254 posts
Let me summarize the OP.
Quote:
Don't let the door hit your **** on the way out.


To which I reply:
Quote:
A mass exodus away from an MMO is never a good thing for the developer or the players left behind.
____________________________
FFXI: Shassa (Sylph) 75 THF/NIN, THF/RNG, retired '08 ** EQ2: Shassia (Lucan D'Lere) 80 SK, retired '06 ** EQ: Shassa (Bertoxx/Terris Thule) 50 SK, retired '02
#32 Oct 07 2010 at 2:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
327 posts
For someone so happy to see people quit, I'm surprised you couldn't man up and post on your main account. Also, it's foolsih to want to see people quit this game, as phew good things can come from a permanent low subscription base. I really hope not many people quit and that those who do come back after things are fixed.

I don't know about you, sock, but I don't want to see this game fail :(

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 1:25pm by Ridere
____________________________
Ridere Tirose
All the Lalafell...
None of the bad aftertaste...
FFXIV Server: Trabia


#33 Oct 07 2010 at 2:22 PM Rating: Good
40 posts
OP is delusional. That is all.
#34 Oct 07 2010 at 2:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
685 posts
I am very sad that so many people aren't willing to give the development team the time they should have had if it weren't for the suits in marketing and such to work on the game. It's obvious that it was rushed out. I won't deny it. The parts that I do play, yeah, I enjoy. I'll enjoy it more once they polish what they have up a bit. By PS3 release they'll probably have a very nifty game. But there are people who only see the here and now and think because what we currently have doesn't live up to their expectations that it won't get any better.

To those who think that the development team is horrible, why not apply for a job at SE? You might get the chance to voice your opinion internally. Think of this as a grassroots candidates running for Congress because they are tired of speaking out and not being heard.

If you are so stubborn in your opinion about the game being horrible with no future for improvement, then I invite you to leave. I am sad to see such players go, no one should ever be so absolute in their thoughts on what might happen. But please don't try to pull those of us that are willing to give SE a chance.

People have called me a fanboy for saying that. Here's the thing, I have no interest in other MMOs. I don't want to play WoW or EVE or even go back to XI. If XIV sinks, then I will not play another MMO, unless SE makes another attempt. I liked XI back before all my friends started quitting. Also, I want to be a part of an MMO from the beginning, not starting in the middle when everyone's a high level. Starting from the beginning means I can explore the game from the beginning and understand how each update will affect gameplay. Lastly, I spent so much money already so I can play from release, I would not want that money to end up being wasted.

So I'm going to hold out and see what they do with it. Those who wish to patiently wait with me, I appreciate the company. Those who want to be Negative Nancies, please just go.
____________________________

Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#35 Oct 07 2010 at 2:43 PM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
**
362 posts
I don't think people are saying the development team is horrible, i think most people are united on the idea that this game was clearly rushed and put out when it was for business reasons and not because the game was done. Sadly I think they wanted to beat cataclysm and in reality with the fan base SE has they would've been better off delaying the game for 4-6 months and most people would have been ok with that if they just came out and said 'we need more time, but we'll give you a better game experience with it'.
____________________________
Anakte Grey
BLM 50 SMN/SCH 50 WHM 40
MRD 26 DRG 30 MNK 30 GLA 25

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/416469141_Vt5aq-XL-2.jpg
#36 Oct 07 2010 at 2:45 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
685 posts
Anakte wrote:
I don't think people are saying the development team is horrible, i think most people are united on the idea that this game was clearly rushed and put out when it was for business reasons and not because the game was done. Sadly I think they wanted to beat cataclysm and in reality with the fan base SE has they would've been better off delaying the game for 4-6 months and most people would have been ok with that if they just came out and said 'we need more time, but we'll give you a better game experience with it'.


Then please explain how people think that the game was rushed, yet say things like "Watch them consolidate the servers and remove the dev team because no one will be playing it." That attitude sounds like those saying such things believe that the dev team is horrible and will never fix the flaws.
____________________________

Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#37 Oct 07 2010 at 2:48 PM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
**
362 posts
Well, the consolidate servers is a comment based on population. If population falls they have to consolidate servers to keep the remaining populations interactive. As far as firing the dev team well, I don't know what post you're referring to, but I would take that to mean firing people as a scapegoat, like when middle management gets fired because they couldn't pull off the impossible, which is what it seems like. 'Developers' doesn't have to mean the base level guys actually programming, it could mean Tanaka or whoever, but again, I don't know what post you're referring to.
____________________________
Anakte Grey
BLM 50 SMN/SCH 50 WHM 40
MRD 26 DRG 30 MNK 30 GLA 25

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/416469141_Vt5aq-XL-2.jpg
#38 Oct 07 2010 at 2:50 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
685 posts
Anakte wrote:
Well, the consolidate servers is a comment based on population. If population falls they have to consolidate servers to keep the remaining populations interactive. As far as firing the dev team well, I don't know what post you're referring to, but I would take that to mean firing people as a scapegoat, like when middle management gets fired because they couldn't pull off the impossible, which is what it seems like. 'Developers' doesn't have to mean the base level guys actually programming, it could mean Tanaka or whoever, but again, I don't know what post you're referring to.


Enscheff wrote:
We will see how happy you are about folks leaving when they consolidate servers and start pulling dev support because nobody is paying monthly fees. When you see a copy of FFXIV in the bargain bin at Best Buy for $5 we will see how great you think the game still is.

You can act like you are somehow a superior MMO player because you are willing to play a seriously flawed game, but in the end all you will be playing is an abandoned game with a skeleton dev crew and a small handful of servers behind it.

Trust me, I know how it works after playing Vanguard for years.


Here you go
____________________________

Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#39 Oct 07 2010 at 2:52 PM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
**
362 posts
Removing dev support doesn't mean they think the debs are bad, it means if the game isn't producing a profit, they need to trim their operating costs. The more people play, the more money they have to sink into support, updates, content, etc.
____________________________
Anakte Grey
BLM 50 SMN/SCH 50 WHM 40
MRD 26 DRG 30 MNK 30 GLA 25

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/416469141_Vt5aq-XL-2.jpg
#40 Oct 07 2010 at 2:56 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Gadhelyn wrote:
Enscheff wrote:
We will see how happy you are about folks leaving when they consolidate servers and start pulling dev support because nobody is paying monthly fees. When you see a copy of FFXIV in the bargain bin at Best Buy for $5 we will see how great you think the game still is.

You can act like you are somehow a superior MMO player because you are willing to play a seriously flawed game, but in the end all you will be playing is an abandoned game with a skeleton dev crew and a small handful of servers behind it.

Trust me, I know how it works after playing Vanguard for years.


Here you go


There's nothing in this post that implies this:

Quote:
That attitude sounds like those saying such things believe that the dev team is horrible and will never fix the flaws.


I don't get what you're saying. That post, in context, is lashing back at the OP for the condescending attitude he has towards players leaving. It really doesn't have anything at all to do with slamming the devs. What it is saying, is that without a miracle fix soon, so many players will leave the game that funding and support for it will disappear.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#41 Oct 07 2010 at 2:56 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
685 posts
Anakte wrote:
Removing dev support doesn't mean they think the debs are bad, it means if the game isn't producing a profit, they need to trim their operating costs. The more people play, the more money they have to sink into support, updates, content, etc.


I see it as "The devs have failed, will continue to fail, no one will want to play the game, so the devs will be removed, servers will be removed, until the entire thing's canned"
____________________________

Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#42 Oct 07 2010 at 2:59 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,153 posts
Johnsmith129 wrote:
That being said a lot of issues need to be adressed, I am by no means a SE fanboy and believe this will without a doubt be the messiah of mmo's, but i am one who has the abillity to withhold judgement beyond one month of a company who has a 8 year long running successful mmo.

It has been much longer than one month. I feel this needs to be pointed out. You cannot give them credit for being a company who has run a successful MMO for 8 years unless you also apply that 8 years as experience that counts against their shortcomings in future projects. Namely, this one. I don't want a rehash of what FFXI has become, but I would gladly take the working mechanics from FFXI instead of the broken ones here. At least with that I could say we have something that works for the time being until the new mechanics have been tested and implemented.

Not touching your poor stab at an argument vs WoW. At this point XIV is it's own worst enemy. Pointing out anything negative about another MMO just seems like slinging mud at this point. Get your **** together before you start criticizing others.


____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#43 Oct 07 2010 at 3:00 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Gadhelyn wrote:
Anakte wrote:
Removing dev support doesn't mean they think the debs are bad, it means if the game isn't producing a profit, they need to trim their operating costs. The more people play, the more money they have to sink into support, updates, content, etc.


I see it as "The devs have failed, will continue to fail, no one will want to play the game, so the devs will be removed, servers will be removed, until the entire thing's canned"


No offense, but you're really stretching there. Trimming staff isn't necessarily an indictment of the dev team. An indictment of the game as a whole, perhaps, especially this early in the game's lifespan.

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 5:01pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#44 Oct 07 2010 at 3:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
685 posts
Eske, Star Breaker wrote:
Gadhelyn wrote:
Anakte wrote:
Removing dev support doesn't mean they think the debs are bad, it means if the game isn't producing a profit, they need to trim their operating costs. The more people play, the more money they have to sink into support, updates, content, etc.


I see it as "The devs have failed, will continue to fail, no one will want to play the game, so the devs will be removed, servers will be removed, until the entire thing's canned"


No offense, but you're really stretching there.


Guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. The only way I see XIV ending up $5 in the bargain bin, as that poster had said, would be in a decade when it really is in a huge decline due to next gen MMOs coming out or the dev team failing to address the things in the game that make it so difficult for so many to tolerate.
____________________________

Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#45 Oct 07 2010 at 3:37 PM Rating: Excellent
40 posts
Gadhelyn wrote:
I am very sad that so many people aren't willing to give the development team the time they should have had if it weren't for the suits in marketing and such to work on the game. It's obvious that it was rushed out. I won't deny it. The parts that I do play, yeah, I enjoy. I'll enjoy it more once they polish what they have up a bit. By PS3 release they'll probably have a very nifty game. But there are people who only see the here and now and think because what we currently have doesn't live up to their expectations that it won't get any better.


Sorry bro, they released the game in stores last week. It's not in beta testing anymore, at least not OFFICIALLY. All of these problems should have been squashed during the testing phase, not in an indefinite amount AFTER the game release. I understand that MMOs always have an ongoing development process, but I have NEVER seen an MMO released as incomplete as this game. I've beta tested many MMOs that were more fleshed out in every regard than FFXIV.

It is very common for MMOs to have trouble in the first couple weeks of release, but it is usually server instability due to the massive influx of new players hammering the server. That is not the problem with FFXIV, servers seem to be staying up just fine. It's just that there is no GAME there. Just a bunch of random assorted tasks that you do over, and over, and over. It's just insulting that a game developer would release something like this expecting rational, non-square-fanboys to enjoy it. It is insulting that the developers have not said ANYTHING regarding the issues this game is having, instead releasing updates about game mechanics that only a small fraction of a fraction of people actually care about. It is insulting that, in the whole week I've experienced this game, there has not been a single patch addressing any of the issues, while other MMOs do whatever is in their power to get their game working properly after release.

I'm not leaving the game, I have too many RL friends playing and too much faith in Square Enix to just jump ship, but I have played MMOs for a long time, since practically the beginning, and I haven't ever seen a trainwreck as massive as this. And I played Auto Assault. I played Darkfall. I played Anarchy Online, which had a very very rocky beta and release, but was fixed very promptly with a lot of updates from the developers.

I can sit here and encourage a sub-par product, but I prefer to encourage them to actually make it better.
#46 Oct 07 2010 at 3:45 PM Rating: Decent
**
254 posts
Enjoy eating your pizza with no cheese. Because that's what FFXIV is exactly.

I apologise but I have no problem taking my money to the place that offers cheese on their pizza. If you're content with just eating dry cheeseless pizza then by all means, keep enjoying. But just remember...The grass is greener almost everywhere else you go. Heck the other places offered cheese on their pizza from day 1. This is 2010, there's no reason for a place to sell you pizza without ANY cheese at all.

FFXIV = Pizza without cheese.
#47 Oct 07 2010 at 3:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
685 posts
I honestly believe right now that the game is as incomplete as it is because marketing or some other department not related to the dev team wanted it out as soon as possible and rushed it. If these problems still exist by PS3 release I might be singing a different tune. If the dev team got to call all shots the game might have been held for possibly a Christmas release, if not concurrent with PS3.

Edit: And I should explain one thing: I play almost entirely DoH/DoL so I haven't encountered the same problems as those who spend most of their time on DoW/DoM. Although it'd be nice to not have to spend 3 mins to log a tree 4 times.

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 4:48pm by Gadhelyn
____________________________

Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#48 Oct 07 2010 at 3:54 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
704 posts
Montsegurnephcreep wrote:
They added NM's, crafting HQ's, and an auction house... to a game that had fully functioning mechanics and a UI that worked! 99% do not care about content being added at this point, they just want the **** basics fixed. When are you morons going to understand that. Defend the game all you want, pay for it all you want, if they don't fix these basic things, they can add tons of content, no one will want to trudge through it!

Get your head out of your asses, most people complaining here are doing you guys a huge favor, they're trying to get something that's playable out. So in turn, they can play it and enjoy it without rose colored glasses. Quit thinking these people are attacking the content of this game, any normal person knows an MMO won't have excessive content at release, but it SHOULD have a @#%^in workin UI!


When FFXI release for the PC in North America, years after people started paying to play in Japan. The FFXI forums out there exploded with negative post about the UI. Pages upon Pages of post about how much it sucks and arguments about mouse/keyboard versus controller and why we could not do this or that with it. There was no auto sort of inventory so people would LOSE (and no recovery help from GMs) valuable drops or items because their inventory would be full of stacks of 1 earth crystals, etc.

Many of the chat filters where not yet in, and many other chat features, such as putting a hold delay on tells where not in either. Do not get me started about the ******** about storage slots when you started either.

Either you like the basic game, despite the issues and are willing to hope and wait for the fixes to things that obviously will be fixed, or you do not like the game and are not willing to pay while you wait. If you do not like the game and can not afford the sub while waiting on fixes, fine. But most of us and almost everyone of the 30-50 people I hang out with in my LS every night I play are pleased as **** we get to play now versus waiting for PS3 or more polish, etc.

Many NA FFXI players watched with envy as videos and information flowed out of Japan, wishing we could play despite all the issues.

There used to be a few people who posted on ZAM who imported FFXI before it came out in North America. Any of you still around to comment on what things where like for you back then? What are your thoughts on FFXIV in it's current state?
#49 Oct 07 2010 at 4:16 PM Rating: Excellent
40 posts
The excuse that FFXI started without the same features is asinine. Developers are supposed to learn from their mistakes, and then not make them again. Not make the same mistakes over and over and expect us to be okay with it because they fixed it last time. Seriously, guys? Come on.
#50 Oct 07 2010 at 4:20 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Gadhelyn wrote:
Eske, Star Breaker wrote:
Gadhelyn wrote:
Anakte wrote:
Removing dev support doesn't mean they think the debs are bad, it means if the game isn't producing a profit, they need to trim their operating costs. The more people play, the more money they have to sink into support, updates, content, etc.


I see it as "The devs have failed, will continue to fail, no one will want to play the game, so the devs will be removed, servers will be removed, until the entire thing's canned"


No offense, but you're really stretching there.


Guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. The only way I see XIV ending up $5 in the bargain bin, as that poster had said, would be in a decade when it really is in a huge decline due to next gen MMOs coming out or the dev team failing to address the things in the game that make it so difficult for so many to tolerate.


Err...it's not really an "agree to disagree" kind of thing. You suggested that the poster was indicting the dev team with their comment. I'm telling you that there's no grounds for that assumption. Objectively, there are plenty of examples of an MMORPG folding for reasons other than an inept dev team. In this case, it's entirely reasonable to assume that fault lies more with the executive who decided that the game must be released in its current state. The poster that you quoted could very well be suggesting that. You don't really have any way of knowing.

There's really no logical basis for the way that you're paraphrasing his wording, and then running with it. Objectively speaking. I hope you know that I don't mean any offense by any of this.

In regards to your original point: I don't think that you can lump everyone who's complaining about the game into "People who think the game is horrible and has no chance to get better." In some cases, people are thinking that the game will fail not because it "will not get better" but rather because it's bad initial impression will smother any chance it has to really take off. Sometimes a poor release dooms a game to a vicious cycle of players leaving, lowering producer investment, which in turns makes players leave, and on and on. I think that's a reasonable take here, whether or not I agree with it. Many MMORPGs fail due to nothing more than an ill-timed release. In my case, I don't doubt that the game will get better with time. But how much time? I have to make a value judgement based upon the date and frequency of upcoming patches, and what they decide to fix. And I wouldn't blame anybody for being skeptical of SE addressing issues in a timely manner, because their track record in FFXI wasn't very good for that. The game is likely to grow and develop...I doubt many believe that to be entirely untrue. But how much will it grow? How fast? Will it be too late?

All very legitimate questions to ask, I think. I don't feel that asking them means that you're not giving the game a fair shake.

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 6:25pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#51 Oct 07 2010 at 4:38 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
685 posts
Ok, I will cede that such things may have a similar impact and may be what that poster was saying. But if you combine what that post said with the general "The devs never listen to us and the things we want fixed won't be fixed" attitude it seems many in the community adopt, it can be seen how I came to the conclusion I had posted.
____________________________

Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 11 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (11)