Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

Here's to you all leaving ^^bFollow

#52 Oct 07 2010 at 4:52 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Gadhelyn wrote:
Ok, I will cede that such things may have a similar impact and may be what that poster was saying. But if you combine what that post said with the general "The devs never listen to us and the things we want fixed won't be fixed" attitude it seems many in the community adopt, it can be seen how I came to the conclusion I had posted.


I'm not faulting you for coming to that conclusion here. Well, I guess technically I am, but I don't think it's a strike against your character or anything. Just a misunderstanding.

In general, I suspect that people use the word "devs" as a generalized term for the "people in control of what happens to the game." I don't think they usually mean say, the little guy that's got to code all of the item logos. To them, "dev" might mean anyone all the way up to Tanaka (or higher than him, even). Just the people who develop the game, in the loosest possible sense. I know that I sometimes use the word like that. Like it's a synonym for SE.

That's my guess, at least. But all in all, there's just a lot of general frustration here. I wouldn't be shocked to see people lashing out in a lot of arbitrary directions.

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 6:53pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#53 Oct 07 2010 at 5:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
554 posts
Enscheff wrote:
We will see how happy you are about folks leaving when they consolidate servers and start pulling dev support because nobody is paying monthly fees. When you see a copy of FFXIV in the bargain bin at Best Buy for $5 we will see how great you think the game still is.

You can act like you are somehow a superior MMO player because you are willing to play a seriously flawed game, but in the end all you will be playing is an abandoned game with a skeleton dev crew and a small handful of servers behind it.

Trust me, I know how it works after playing Vanguard for years.


Bolded part is so true about Vanguard O.o I remember how bad the playerbase there was at driving people away from the game, sigh... and now I see ffxiv playerbase is following down the same path.


#54 Oct 07 2010 at 5:11 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Devildawgs wrote:
Bolded part is so true about Vanguard O.o I remember how bad the playerbase there was at driving people away from the game, sigh... and now I see ffxiv playerbase is following down the same path.


I got into that game really, really late, and played for about a month. It was freaky. Just this gigantic, empty world.

It was so impressively large, it was kind of depressing to see it in disuse. Like an abandoned mansion that's become a ruin.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#55RamseySylph, Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 5:34 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) People will continue to expect massive amounts of content right from the beginning, and they'll never get it, in any MMO. People who enjoyed FFXI from the start are too dumb to realize the game had already been out a year before it hit the shelves in the US, and 3(?) years before it hit the shelves in Europe.
#56 Oct 07 2010 at 5:49 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,145 posts
RamseySylph wrote:
People will continue to expect massive amounts of content right from the beginning, and they'll never get it, in any MMO. People who enjoyed FFXI from the start are too dumb to realize the game had already been out a year before it hit the shelves in the US, and 3(?) years before it hit the shelves in Europe.


The major issues with this game have nothing at all to do with content. If you were to make a list, a huge list of all of the issues that are wrong with this game right now, it would remain nearly the same if you removed everything regarding how much content is available. The major issues I see all the time are related to controls or lack thereof, mechanics that don't work like party SP, and dozens of other issues like poor chat functions, inability to add people to groups unless you're standing on top of them... so on.


The biggest content issue would probably be the lack of an auction house which could be remedied(for the most part) by adding a simple search feature to the market wards. It's ironic that things so small and simple were overlooked by the devs. The most elementary aspects of gameplay that make the problems so glaring and obvious.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#57 Oct 07 2010 at 5:59 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
16 posts
lmfao, so im to take it that all the people who like this game r ok with the whole leave system...
vodkafusion ramuh server 75blm 75bst 75pld 72whm 70bst 75rng
#58 Oct 07 2010 at 7:04 PM Rating: Excellent
*
158 posts
Naeo wrote:
i very highly doubt 100k+ people will pay for this game unless SE fixes their crap. Mostly because i doubt even half of that will remain after the next two months.



There's how many billions of people on the internet these days? How many millions with a Ps3?

There'll always be atleast 100k of anybody interested in any sort of niche thing on the internet and wherever else.

I'm sure if you could tally the internet-going world population, you could find atleast 100K people that like to eat paint chips. You could probably find 100,000 people that like to hit their heads against various hard surfaces, or ...

...****... I bet you could find more than 100,000 people that like Michael Bay films, and that's scary.

Point is, S-E could put seizure inducing flashy virus scripts on discs and call it "Final Fantasy," and atleast 100,000 people would love it.



Edited, Oct 7th 2010 9:05pm by ghosthacked
#59 Oct 07 2010 at 7:11 PM Rating: Decent
*
151 posts
ghosthacked wrote:
Naeo wrote:
i very highly doubt 100k+ people will pay for this game unless SE fixes their crap. Mostly because i doubt even half of that will remain after the next two months.



There's how many billions of people on the internet these days? How many millions with a Ps3?

There'll always be atleast 100k of anybody interested in any sort of niche thing on the internet and wherever else.

I'm sure if you could tally the internet-going world population, you could find atleast 100K people that like to eat paint chips. You could probably find 100,000 people that like to hit their heads against various hard surfaces, or ...

...****... I bet you could find more than 100,000 people that like Michael Bay films, and that's scary.

Point is, S-E could put seizure inducing flashy virus scripts on discs and call it "Final Fantasy," and atleast 100,000 people would love it.



Edited, Oct 7th 2010 9:05pm by ghosthacked


including me i soooo love them fantasy viruses
#60 Oct 07 2010 at 8:51 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,606 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
RamseySylph wrote:
People will continue to expect massive amounts of content right from the beginning, and they'll never get it, in any MMO. People who enjoyed FFXI from the start are too dumb to realize the game had already been out a year before it hit the shelves in the US, and 3(?) years before it hit the shelves in Europe.


The major issues with this game have nothing at all to do with content. If you were to make a list, a huge list of all of the issues that are wrong with this game right now, it would remain nearly the same if you removed everything regarding how much content is available. The major issues I see all the time are related to controls or lack thereof, mechanics that don't work like party SP, and dozens of other issues like poor chat functions, inability to add people to groups unless you're standing on top of them... so on.


The biggest content issue would probably be the lack of an auction house which could be remedied(for the most part) by adding a simple search feature to the market wards. It's ironic that things so small and simple were overlooked by the devs. The most elementary aspects of gameplay that make the problems so glaring and obvious.

It may be my OCD but I still think being able to sort should still pretty high on the list. Even if it's not a huge deal as a whole, it's a basic function of gaming that was left out for whatever reason. I find that it would fall under the category of demoralizing more than actually damaging game play. It leaves sort of a "God, if they can't even get a sort function working how the heck will they be able to get all the other problems fixed?" taste in one's mouth. I'm sure they can get it working but the fact it isn't already just feels like bad mojo.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 10:37pm by MrTalos
#61Clydey2Times, Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 9:22 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Add me to the list of people who are rejoicing at the sight of all these whining, petulant tossers quitting the game.
#62 Oct 08 2010 at 2:15 AM Rating: Good
****
4,145 posts
MrTalos wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
RamseySylph wrote:
People will continue to expect massive amounts of content right from the beginning, and they'll never get it, in any MMO. People who enjoyed FFXI from the start are too dumb to realize the game had already been out a year before it hit the shelves in the US, and 3(?) years before it hit the shelves in Europe.


The major issues with this game have nothing at all to do with content. If you were to make a list, a huge list of all of the issues that are wrong with this game right now, it would remain nearly the same if you removed everything regarding how much content is available. The major issues I see all the time are related to controls or lack thereof, mechanics that don't work like party SP, and dozens of other issues like poor chat functions, inability to add people to groups unless you're standing on top of them... so on.


The biggest content issue would probably be the lack of an auction house which could be remedied(for the most part) by adding a simple search feature to the market wards. It's ironic that things so small and simple were overlooked by the devs. The most elementary aspects of gameplay that make the problems so glaring and obvious.

It may be my OCD but I still think being able to sort should still pretty high on the list. Even if it's not a huge deal as a whole, it's a basic function of gaming that was left out for whatever reason. I find that it would fall under the category of demoralizing more than actually damaging game play. It leaves sort of a "god if they can't even get a sort function working how the heck will they be able to get all the other problems fixed) taste in one's mouth. I'm sure they can get it working but the fact it isn't already just feels like bad mojo.

Exactly my point. The problems that are ruining it for most of the players are small, simple things that just make you say...

At what point in 6 years of development do you not think to yourself "Maybe we should include some things that people really liked from our last effort" and leave you scratching your head.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
1 2 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 26 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (26)