Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

An apology and a goodbye to FFXIVFollow

#52 Oct 07 2010 at 7:24 PM Rating: Good
13 posts
The amount of nerd rage from people defending FFXIV shows their insecurities towards the game. Refusing to admit how terrible the game currently is, is killing them inside. God help you all :/ <3

Yes! Goldsmithing at level 13! Time to make more Copper Chokers! :)
____________________________


#53 Oct 07 2010 at 7:27 PM Rating: Default
*
151 posts
people aint refusing to admit that the game is bad, they just not childish to take a paddy smash the game up then scream till they get a new game but rather stick with it and hope they fix it.
#54 Oct 07 2010 at 7:33 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
600 posts
Pikko wrote:
I should sticky a quitting thread so that we don't have tons of them. =\


{YES PLEASE}
____________________________

Quote:
Fiddle Faddle!

#55 Oct 07 2010 at 7:34 PM Rating: Decent
13 posts
debodeebs wrote:
people aint refusing to admit that the game is bad, they just not childish to take a paddy smash the game up then scream till they get a new game but rather stick with it and hope they fix it.


Why hope? The gear that squeaks gets oiled. If you just sit around and pretend you're having fun, they wont change anything. Complain, complain, complain. It's sad to say that it's the only way. It's how we got our way in FFXI, and it's how we'll get our way here.
____________________________


#56 Oct 07 2010 at 7:36 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
186 posts
Pikko wrote:
I should sticky a quitting thread so that we don't have tons of them. =\


Is there a quitting thread in the FFXI forums?
#57 Oct 07 2010 at 7:43 PM Rating: Good
9 posts
LordAshal wrote:
Pikko wrote:
I should sticky a quitting thread so that we don't have tons of them. =\


Is there a quitting thread in the FFXI forums?


Not one containing this many people, that's for sure.

For those who want an idea on what Japanese gamers think about FFXIV:

4Gamer: 42/100 score on user reviews (116 comments at the time of this post)
http://www.4gamer.net/games/092/G009287/index_userreview.html

Amazon Japan: 1.5/5 stars on user reviews (146 comments at the time of this post)
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A7%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BB%E3%82%A8%E3%83%8B%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9-%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BF%E3%82%B8%E3%83%BCXIV-%E3%82%B3%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AF%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA%E3%82%A8%E3%83%87%E3%82%A3%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3/dp/B003UHVPDG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1286350431&sr=8-2

A large volume of the bad user reviews are quite lengthy, just like ours, which is grounds for valid concern.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/finalfantasy14/players.html?tag=scoresummary%3Buser-score

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 9:50pm by Excorcism
#58 Oct 07 2010 at 9:46 PM Rating: Decent
**
415 posts
Nylianna wrote:
Very funny that all the quitting threads come out the same time the Gamespot review comes out... Coincidence? I think not.


You know what I was going to log in last night but after reading the Gamespot review my heart sanked. That review was the final nail in the coffin for me. I don't think I will ever be logging back in now. I know I won't be renewing my subscription until the issues get worked out. The menu lag just baffles me but the sever lag is something I don't think will ever get fixed because it is the exact same way in FF XI. I don't know why people are trying to defend this fail of a game. A 4.0 game is not something you buy I don't care how big of a fan of a game you are. I had a couple of guys ask me at work about how the game was last week because they were thinking of getting it and I couldn't recommend it them. The Gamespot review just further proved that.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 12:28am by jakarai
____________________________
http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=3571 - Mind Control Theories Used By Mass Media
#59 Oct 07 2010 at 9:48 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
152 posts
doubleax wrote:
The issues in FFXIV are huge and if you think it isn't , you're in a big denial. More will be leaving then playing when their one month is up. The useless response of good riddance does more harm than people posting why they are leaving. It shows the reason someone is leaving is correct due to such a useless weak response. There is no counter to the:
Lack of content.
Horrible interface.
No game market.
No direction.

From what I’ve seen on this board people aren’t just flaming away at the game on their departure. They genuinely wanted the game to succeed and posted reason for why they are leaving in hope that SE will hear these cry and fix the game.

It should be very alarming to SE that so many pre-order will be quitting. These are the people who will be spreading the news to other potential customer. These are the people who plop down a good chunk of change for a new rig and who spent the extra bucks on pre-order . These are serious players who wanted FFXIV to succeed. The type of paying customer SE dreams of.

I was this guinea pig for my band game playing friends. I won’t be extending my subscription and will not recommend it to anyone of my friends. There were a few who played on my account for a few days just to see for themselves and needless to say they will not be buying this game anytime soon.


Exactly. We're expressing concerns for the game as we exit, because there was hope there. I just don't want to remain a paying customer until they fix those issues, and SE's lack of any type of response to customers' concerns is not a very good sign that they care whether we spend our money on their product.

If they had come out and stated, "Listen, we know a, b, and c are issues we're going to improve, because we know they're issues hindering gameplay", then I'd have been more inclined to wait it out. But SE 'can't do wrong' in some people's eyes. Especially their own.
#60 Oct 07 2010 at 9:53 PM Rating: Excellent
**
409 posts
jehryn55 wrote:
debodeebs wrote:
people aint refusing to admit that the game is bad, they just not childish to take a paddy smash the game up then scream till they get a new game but rather stick with it and hope they fix it.


Why hope? The gear that squeaks gets oiled. If you just sit around and pretend you're having fun, they wont change anything. Complain, complain, complain. It's sad to say that it's the only way. It's how we got our way in FFXI, and it's how we'll get our way here.


There was an interesting post a while back on the forums about why SE doesn't feel the need to respond to it's customers and the difference between american and japanese culture I think it went :

"In America there's a saying that the wheel that squeaks loudest gets oiled first. In Japan there's a saying that the nail that sticks up gets hammered down."

Food for thought.



~edited for grammar, me and my stupid fingers~

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 12:05am by SickleSageKiroh
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#61 Oct 07 2010 at 9:53 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
152 posts
jehryn55 wrote:
The amount of nerd rage from people defending FFXIV shows their insecurities towards the game. Refusing to admit how terrible the game currently is, is killing them inside. God help you all :/ <3

Yes! Goldsmithing at level 13! Time to make more Copper Chokers! :)


I had that nerd rage for the last few weeks, but then I realized I was more angry at myself for having invested so much money into what I had hoped would be a game worth playing for years.

At least I now have a much better system for graphic design work and music editing. Still, my gripe is legitimate.
#62 Oct 07 2010 at 9:57 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
152 posts
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
jehryn55 wrote:
debodeebs wrote:
people aint refusing to admit that the game is bad, they just not childish to take a paddy smash the game up then scream till they get a new game but rather stick with it and hope they fix it.


Why hope? The gear that squeaks gets oiled. If you just sit around and pretend you're having fun, they wont change anything. Complain, complain, complain. It's sad to say that it's the only way. It's how we got our way in FFXI, and it's how we'll get our way here.


There was an interesting post a while back on the forums about why SE doesn't feel the need to respond to it's customers and the difference between american and japanese culture I think it went :

"In America there's a saying that the wheel that squeaks gets oiled first. In Japan there's a saying that the nail that sticks up gets hammered down."

Food for though.

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 11:54pm by SickleSageKiroh


If SE abides by that saying, that's a sad company policy. I work for a company, and our mission statement is "pleasing people". It's a good business policy(even though our customers are effing morons in most cases, and our management are drones). Still, we abide by that policy and the company has flourished.

FFXIV will not flourish, however, if they hammer us all down just because we're angry and refusing to continue to pay for a faulty product backed by disappointing customer support.
#63 Oct 07 2010 at 10:07 PM Rating: Good
***
3,450 posts
SickleSageKiroh wrote:

"In America there's a saying that the wheel that squeaks loudest gets oiled first. In Japan there's a saying that the nail that sticks up gets hammered down."


If your nails all fall out, your house falls down
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#64 Oct 07 2010 at 10:20 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
152 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
SickleSageKiroh wrote:

"In America there's a saying that the wheel that squeaks loudest gets oiled first. In Japan there's a saying that the nail that sticks up gets hammered down."


If your nails all fall out, your house falls down


SE's house is falling down. The company will succeed, because they are in every gaming market currently, but this title will fail if their customer support and communication with their customer base dooesn't improve.
#65 Oct 07 2010 at 10:37 PM Rating: Good
**
327 posts
Quote:
but this title will fail if their customer support and communication with their customer base dooesn't improve.


An oldie but a goodie popped into my head after this post

Q: How many Square-Enix employees does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: None, It's working as intended
____________________________



#66 Oct 07 2010 at 10:42 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
152 posts
marsupialboy wrote:
Quote:
but this title will fail if their customer support and communication with their customer base dooesn't improve.


An oldie but a goodie popped into my head after this post

Q: How many Square-Enix employees does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: None, It's working as intended


LOL! It's funny because it's true! and it's also sad because it's true:/ I'm laughing as I'm crying:(
#67Tenfooterten, Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 10:46 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Man i really hate when i have to push buttons doing something where i push a lot of buttons.
#68 Oct 07 2010 at 10:56 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
152 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
Man i really hate when i have to push buttons doing something where i push a lot of buttons.

I bet having those options will be nice when you can craft 100 different items. Nothing like losing some super rare crafting item because there wasn't a window that asked if you were ok with it first.

Oh, and see ya. Hope you enjoy whatever it is you do instead. But, beware, if it's another MMO, you'll probably have to push more buttons. You have been warned.


You could have argued any other point in my OP, but had to go with the excessive confirmation window issue, which makes you look the fool, because even players who enjoy the game hate having that many confirmation windows.

And what SUPER rare crafting item do you speak of? The marmot ******* +3? Seriously, I doubt they've even implemented a decent piece of crafting loot in the item database yet. They're waiting till crafters hit 40+ before they add those in.

Like I said, I've ENJOYED crafting in numerous MMOS prior to this. I don't wear a white helmet to school and need to be warned 4-8 times before doing something in a game. They didn't put these things in place to keep morons from wasting rare loot. They did it to make it harder for hackers to write bots for the game.

The thing is, no hacker is going to waste their time, because getting ahead in a game that has no player base after a month or two is pointless.

Your argument is flawed. It's Ad Hominum.
#69Tenfooterten, Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 11:04 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Your biggest mistake, is in thinking that i give a rats azz what other people opinions are. I enjoy the game, and i also don't care that i have to hit the x button a couple of times.
#70 Oct 07 2010 at 11:15 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
152 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
ButterflyM wrote:
Tenfooterten wrote:
Man i really hate when i have to push buttons doing something where i push a lot of buttons.

I bet having those options will be nice when you can craft 100 different items. Nothing like losing some super rare crafting item because there wasn't a window that asked if you were ok with it first.

Oh, and see ya. Hope you enjoy whatever it is you do instead. But, beware, if it's another MMO, you'll probably have to push more buttons. You have been warned.


You could have argued any other point in my OP, but had to go with the excessive confirmation window issue, which makes you look the fool, because even players who enjoy the game hate having that many confirmation windows.

And what SUPER rare crafting item do you speak of? The marmot ******* +3? Seriously, I doubt they've even implemented a decent piece of crafting loot in the item database yet. They're waiting till crafters hit 40+ before they add those in.

Like I said, I've ENJOYED crafting in numerous MMOS prior to this. I don't wear a white helmet to school and need to be warned 4-8 times before doing something in a game. They didn't put these things in place to keep morons from wasting rare loot. They did it to make it harder for hackers to write bots for the game.

The thing is, no hacker is going to waste their time, because getting ahead in a game that has no player base after a month or two is pointless.

Your argument is flawed. It's Ad Hominum.


Your biggest mistake, is in thinking that i give a rats azz what other people opinions are. I enjoy the game, and i also don't care that i have to hit the x button a couple of times.

Rare crafting items may or may not be around. You probably wouldn't find one anyway. I'd imasgine there are, or will be when you get to cap. But, i still don't care. This wasn't an argument in the first place. I just think your post was whinny, and i'm happy to see you leave. My argument was invalid because there wasn't one. Don't go away mad, just go away.


You may be the reason why they never change the game for the better. Just pushing buttons because they tell you to, not because you have to. You also aren't playing the way SE intended. It's supposed to be the circle button!

All I can say is, I guess we both wait and see. If SE changes things and improves the game, gets it up to spec, then I eat my words and the game is a better place. However, you'll still have me to thank as one of the people who got SE to fix the broken game in the first place.

IF not a single person complained since beta ended and live release happened, or over the course of the coming months, then SE would not change a **** thing about their game, because they'd have the subscribers and no need to adjust the game.

However, if nothing changes(in the way of that x button pressing you love, or the AH, or UI lag, or whatever the issue is<<and there are many>>), then you'll need to eat your words, because the game will be reduced to a server or two(because I can't imagine there being more than ten people out there who could put together as brilliant an argument as you did, and you'll be the only ten left playing).


Edited, Oct 8th 2010 1:17am by ButterflyM
#71Tenfooterten, Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 11:21 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Lol, i may be the reason they never change the game? Are you huffing glue? You think the game will stay just like it is? Wow. I like the fact that you think 10,000 ******** posts will change SE's mind on things, but then you say 1 person will keep them from doing so. So which is it? How many posts on one forum does it take to get some game company to bow down to your ***** fest?
#72 Oct 07 2010 at 11:23 PM Rating: Default
***
1,608 posts
When you off yourself, make sure you have the FFXIV logo on you somewhere.
____________________________

#73 Oct 07 2010 at 11:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
152 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
ButterflyM wrote:
Tenfooterten wrote:
ButterflyM wrote:
Tenfooterten wrote:
Man i really hate when i have to push buttons doing something where i push a lot of buttons.

I bet having those options will be nice when you can craft 100 different items. Nothing like losing some super rare crafting item because there wasn't a window that asked if you were ok with it first.

Oh, and see ya. Hope you enjoy whatever it is you do instead. But, beware, if it's another MMO, you'll probably have to push more buttons. You have been warned.


You could have argued any other point in my OP, but had to go with the excessive confirmation window issue, which makes you look the fool, because even players who enjoy the game hate having that many confirmation windows.

And what SUPER rare crafting item do you speak of? The marmot ******* +3? Seriously, I doubt they've even implemented a decent piece of crafting loot in the item database yet. They're waiting till crafters hit 40+ before they add those in.

Like I said, I've ENJOYED crafting in numerous MMOS prior to this. I don't wear a white helmet to school and need to be warned 4-8 times before doing something in a game. They didn't put these things in place to keep morons from wasting rare loot. They did it to make it harder for hackers to write bots for the game.

The thing is, no hacker is going to waste their time, because getting ahead in a game that has no player base after a month or two is pointless.

Your argument is flawed. It's Ad Hominum.


Your biggest mistake, is in thinking that i give a rats azz what other people opinions are. I enjoy the game, and i also don't care that i have to hit the x button a couple of times.

Rare crafting items may or may not be around. You probably wouldn't find one anyway. I'd imasgine there are, or will be when you get to cap. But, i still don't care. This wasn't an argument in the first place. I just think your post was whinny, and i'm happy to see you leave. My argument was invalid because there wasn't one. Don't go away mad, just go away.


You may be the reason why they never change the game for the better. Just pushing buttons because they tell you to, not because you have to. You also aren't playing the way SE intended. It's supposed to be the circle button!

All I can say is, I guess we both wait and see. If SE changes things and improves the game, gets it up to spec, then I eat my words and the game is a better place. However, you'll still have me to thank as one of the people who got SE to fix the broken game in the first place.

IF not a single person complained since beta ended and live release happened, or over the course of the coming months, then SE would not change a **** thing about their game, because they'd have the subscribers and no need to adjust the game.

However, if nothing changes(in the way of that x button pressing you love, or the AH, or UI lag, or whatever the issue is<<and there are many>>), then you'll need to eat your words, because the game will be reduced to a server or two(because I can't imagine there being more than ten people out there who could put together as brilliant an argument as you did, and you'll be the only ten left playing).


Edited, Oct 8th 2010 1:17am by ButterflyM


Lol, i may be the reason they never change the game? Are you huffing glue? You think the game will stay just like it is? Wow. I like the fact that you think 10,000 ******** posts will change SE's mind on things, but then you say 1 person will keep them from doing so. So which is it? How many posts one one forum does it take to get some game company to bow down to your ***** fest?


When I said 'you may be the reason', I didn't mean 'just you', but I can see how you could interpret it that way. What I meant was, sheep...I mean people... like you who just push the buttons that SE puts in front of them and say things like "I don't mind push 'x' 14 times make cloth!'.

Sorry if there was confusion.
#77 Oct 07 2010 at 11:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,911 posts
SkidHarvey the verymuchso banned wrote:
see ya ___


No, You really wont...

Administrator Kaolian
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#78 Oct 07 2010 at 11:41 PM Rating: Decent
**
409 posts
Pumpkin Lörd Kaolian wrote:
SkidHarvey the verymuchso banned wrote:
see ya ___


No, You really wont...

Administrator Kaolian


Thank you.

/bow
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#79 Oct 07 2010 at 11:42 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
152 posts
Pumpkin Lörd Kaolian wrote:
SkidHarvey the verymuchso banned wrote:
see ya ___


No, You really wont...

Administrator Kaolian


Another /thank you.
#80 Oct 08 2010 at 12:49 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
152 posts
It'd be nice if SE came out and did something...anything.

But we haven't gotten a single line of code since the 28th of september. And this game is flawed enough to have merited more that even that in the last week and a half.
#81 Oct 08 2010 at 1:39 AM Rating: Decent
*****
12,622 posts
Geffe the Meaningless wrote:
Pikko wrote:
I should sticky a quitting thread so that we don't have tons of them. =\


A few thread title ideas:

I'm taking my ball and leaving.
I quit, who's coming with me? (Jerry Maguire style)
KTHNXBAI!

I could think of a few more but you get the idea.


So long, and thanks for all the fish.
____________________________
Blah
#82 Oct 08 2010 at 2:09 AM Rating: Decent
**
588 posts
trebor1950 wrote:
Vega62a wrote:
They made you click a lot of buttons? How many buttons? That's horrible. That's way too many buttons to click. You shouldn't have to click buttons. Clicking buttons is way too hard. Inconvenience is the height of despair.

Have fun doing whatever you decide to do. I wish you the best, and hope it treats you better. With fewer buttons.

There are way too many menus and sub menus and sub menus.................................no need. OP is spot on.



If only we could perform actions while in the sub menus it wouldnt be so terrible and why can twe chat while crafting omfg wtf
____________________________


Cornyboob Funnyname Wutai Phys 50 Conj 49 Weaver 49 LW 34 Alch 28 Pug 22 Archer 20 Glad 19 Thaum 20 GS 11 Bot 9 Miner 8 Shield 44 Maur 3

#83 Oct 08 2010 at 2:45 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,339 posts
jehryn55 wrote:
God help you all :/ <3


I remember him.

What a boring boss fight, kinda like the rest of Dragon Quest VII. Thank god 8 and 9 were infinitely more enjoyable.

It's good to know that even some that arrive with horrendous flaws, SE can still make some good games. It's just this time (with this management crew, I should say) wasn't one of them.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 4:49am by StrijderVechter
1 2 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 23 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (23)