Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Constant Negativity Follow

#1 Oct 07 2010 at 3:11 PM Rating: Good
33 posts
I will make this post short and sweet, hopefully sweet.

I was visiting these forums before the CE was released and I was excited about the game. After getting the game and playing it I realized there were a few issues I didnt find appealing but overall I did enjoy playing the game.

I see posts about some issues with the game, some of them valid, others just nitpicking, just overwhelming. I understand some people dislike the game and want to move on, but I want to continue playing the game and its hard to get legit questions answered with all of this crap being posted.

I will do like many others that like the game and just find my answers via the wiki or searching for it elsewhere. I visit a few different forums, this one was the most information but as of late the trolling has become boring. I will check back later on and see if the moderation of this nonsense has been dealt with a bit more strictly so we can get back to debating/discussion and less hateful negative bickering.

catch me in the game :)

be back in a couple of weeks... maybe

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 5:12pm by djairrick
#2 Oct 07 2010 at 3:15 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,431 posts
Go play a few other MMO's that were released in the past few years. You'll see why everyone is complaining. What's "expected" is not there, and what they replaced it with is crap.

But i like the game, but i totally understand why others do not.
#3 Oct 07 2010 at 3:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
384 posts
the game is good at it's core, the state in which SE released it is what has players up in arms.

many things that should be automatically given in MMO's in today's day and age just aren't there.
____________________________
Naeo & Loury
PUP73 & BRD78
both retired.
R.I.P
Bismarck Server - 8 years in the making.

Upset about XIV? Stop complaining, and join the solution
ffxiah thread
ZAM thread
BG, Gamespot, and other sites are being utilized as well.
#4 Oct 07 2010 at 3:22 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
256 posts
sideways wrote:
Go play a few other MMO's that were released in the past few years. You'll see why everyone is complaining. What's "expected" is not there, and what they replaced it with is crap.

But i like the game, but i totally understand why others do not.

This is understood. Like the OP, I see myself avoiding these boards quite often just b/c all the useful information is constantly being washed away in light of all the complaining (which is also very very very annoying to sift through). Yeah, we get it, the game needs some polishing. The argument is if we don't complain, it won't be fixed. Well at this point the players know about the problems, prospective buyers know about them, SE knows about them. If you don't like the game quit. It is the most productive thing you can do to get your point across... Just stop telling the world about it. We don't care.
____________________________
*Retired :: August 2002 - December 2005*
Raion
Ragnarok Server
Linkshells: DigitalBackSpin, DBSDynamis, CKofVD
PLD75-WAR45-RDM30-BLM30-WHM25-NIN25-THF25-RNG10-BST9
Goldsmith 85, Blacksmith 30
#5 Oct 07 2010 at 3:26 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
Well, I just wish that our friends over at SE would just come and set some things straight. We keep rehashing the same things because people are frustrated and can literally do nothing. Oh, we can wade through some menus ans sent an email to some obscure mailbox and get a canned reply. People come here for news, for discussion, and every day that we come here there is no news. No news? Well then we have discussions. There are simply more negative things than positives and that's why those things are focused on right now.

SE addressing the community's concerns would do a LOT to limit the negativity. When there are lots of positive things to discuss and not so many *basic* negatives, the trend will shift.
#6 Oct 07 2010 at 3:27 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
384 posts
the most productive thing one can do...is do nothing?

doesn't that somehow break the 4th dimension with it's irony?
the links in my sig are for those who want to try and do something -__- sitting around doing nothing isn't the best option
____________________________
Naeo & Loury
PUP73 & BRD78
both retired.
R.I.P
Bismarck Server - 8 years in the making.

Upset about XIV? Stop complaining, and join the solution
ffxiah thread
ZAM thread
BG, Gamespot, and other sites are being utilized as well.
#7 Oct 07 2010 at 3:29 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
685 posts
< joke >

Oooo if we create some really bad rumor about aspects of the game we don't like and spread it around the Interweb maybe Tanaka will tweet about Western forums causing a huge uproar followed by Komoto releasing a letter letting everyone know that they're working on a fix.

< /joke >
____________________________

Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#8 Oct 07 2010 at 3:31 PM Rating: Decent
I'm on this boat as well.

I'm sorry, ZAM, but these boards, at least the ones on FFXIV, are not being moderated well enough, and your approach to 'let it slide because some of these arguments are valid' is essentially letting the inmates rule the asylum.

There cannot be an actual discussion about this game in the main forum without someone spreading rampant negativity around and turning it into an argument about the state of the game. In my view, this means the Forum ceases to function for its intended purpose.

As I've no intent at all in going back to the FFXI boards, then that's all for me till this whole thing blows over. IF it blows over.
#9 Oct 07 2010 at 3:38 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
704 posts
sideways wrote:
Go play a few other MMO's that were released in the past few years. You'll see why everyone is complaining. What's "expected" is not there, and what they replaced it with is crap.

But i like the game, but I totally understand why others do not.


You are so dead on! When I compare this game to other highly anticipated releases like Vangaurd, Warhammer, Aion, Star Trek Online, Champions Online, Age of Conan, and Darkfall.... Just just can not see how FFXIV got it so wrong when the above got it so dead on! I played each of these except STO and Darkfall, and they where just so much more polished and issue free at launch, and now have the subs to prove how much better they where than FFXIV will ever be!!!!


/sarcasm off



Edited, Oct 7th 2010 5:39pm by Leodesol
#10 Oct 07 2010 at 4:42 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
685 posts
If I may quote Douglas Adams:

"In the beginning God created the Universe, but this caused a lot of problems and was generally regarded as a bad idea."
____________________________

Crafter Consortium Craftsman/Gatherers Linkshell
#11 Oct 07 2010 at 9:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
Give it 30 days then after 1st free trial is over no can say they was surprised and no more negative posting.The only thing keeping me playing is learning something new a day,it haven't failed me yet in this game.
____________________________





#12 Oct 07 2010 at 9:32 PM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
Naeo wrote:
the game is good at it's core, the state in which SE released it is what has players up in arms.

many things that should be automatically given in MMO's in today's day and age just aren't there.
noone bent you over a barrel and forced you to buy it day one. Beta was free testing time. I challenge YOU to make a better mmo you have 5 years Ready. Set. GO!
#13 Oct 07 2010 at 9:32 PM Rating: Good
**
409 posts
djairrick wrote:


I understand some people dislike the game and want to move on, but I want to continue playing the game and its hard to get legit questions answered with all of this crap being posted.



Well do you have a legitimate question or are you just complaining that everyone else is complaining? Maybe try asking something if you want an answer to it.
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#14 Oct 07 2010 at 9:37 PM Rating: Decent
**
472 posts
djairrick wrote:
I will make this post short and sweet, hopefully sweet.

I was visiting these forums before the CE was released and I was excited about the game. After getting the game and playing it I realized there were a few issues I didnt find appealing but overall I did enjoy playing the game.

I see posts about some issues with the game, some of them valid, others just nitpicking, just overwhelming. I understand some people dislike the game and want to move on, but I want to continue playing the game and its hard to get legit questions answered with all of this crap being posted.

I will do like many others that like the game and just find my answers via the wiki or searching for it elsewhere. I visit a few different forums, this one was the most information but as of late the trolling has become boring. I will check back later on and see if the moderation of this nonsense has been dealt with a bit more strictly so we can get back to debating/discussion and less hateful negative bickering.

catch me in the game :)

be back in a couple of weeks... maybe

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 5:12pm by djairrick


His/her paycheck is signed by square/enix.

Don't believe me, then prove it :)
#15 Oct 07 2010 at 10:26 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
106 posts
Naeo wrote:
the game is good at it's core, the state in which SE released it is what has players up in arms.

many things that should be automatically given in MMO's in today's day and age just aren't there.


I really don't think its good at its core, it just doesnt have that "Fun Factor" that some games have.
#16 Oct 07 2010 at 10:46 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
92 posts
WillCider wrote:
Naeo wrote:
the game is good at it's core, the state in which SE released it is what has players up in arms.

many things that should be automatically given in MMO's in today's day and age just aren't there.


I really don't think its good at its core, it just doesnt have that "Fun Factor" that some games have.


While that's totally your opinion, and it is valid... that's what it is, is your opinion.

Ya there's problems, but it's better than any release of any game out there thus far. I think the problem is this, exactly:

People assume that, because an MMO style of content release/gameplay/game style of enjoyment, are around in any given MMO that has been around for a year or so, that any game that is released now, should start OFF with that quality and level of game experience. This is simply un-reasonable.

The only way you are going to have this, is if you take a game that has been out for 12 months, copy the code, and make a new game with new graphics and a new world and change the name. You will not ever see this in our life time. It's impossible. Games are not made the year before, and the years during a games creation give way to the development of new features in existing games. The games in development will never be released if they have to keep upgrading things like, crafting systems, combat systems, exploration systems, world event handling, weather interaction, whatever... It just cannot be done while a game is in development, and the release is on time. it cannot be done. The game must be released in some stage, otherwise you will see "Duke Nukem Forever" games forever. ya it's being released, but how long has it been... would you like any game to take that long to come out? And knowing that Duke Nukem Forever will be as average and mediocre as any other FPS? what? Ya I said it... anyway....

Yes, all the players have standards set by other games, even ones that Square-Enix have released themselves. This game is different from other games they have released, but not so different that things in the same development cycle would have any worse/less bugs than we do right now.

I say, give it some time, let them do their jobs, and stop crying that the game sucks, no one is going to play it and they fail so hard at games... it's just their development cycle, and so far, it's the smoothest launch of an MMO I have ever been in. Warhammer Online had people unable to load the game, let alone select a character class to play for 3 months+, and some still cannot even launch the game without a CTD (Crash to Desktop).

Anyway, it's late, maintenance is soon, and I'm tired... I'm going to stop ranting...
____________________________
-[ If it doesn't hurt, you're not doing it right ]-
#17 Oct 07 2010 at 10:52 PM Rating: Default
Torrence wrote:
Well, I just wish that our friends over at SE would just come and set some things straight. We keep rehashing the same things because people are frustrated and can literally do nothing. Oh, we can wade through some menus ans sent an email to some obscure mailbox and get a canned reply. People come here for news, for discussion, and every day that we come here there is no news. No news? Well then we have discussions. There are simply more negative things than positives and that's why those things are focused on right now.

SE addressing the community's concerns would do a LOT to limit the negativity. When there are lots of positive things to discuss and not so many *basic* negatives, the trend will shift.


You just don't listen, do you? The things the players are asking for/demanding take time to implement. Your voice has been heard. Now stop using it and give SE the time they need.
#18 Oct 07 2010 at 11:28 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
There are plenty of informative posts that are discussed and answered, you just hate the fact that people make posts you dont like. There are negative posts because the game is in a horrible state, if you dont care about that then fine but does not follow others share that state of mind.

Once Square take positive action to start fixing things or the large portion of the playerbase that is unhappy simply gives up and quits you will have your wish. Until then you have to accept the game is bad and the playerbase is unhappy. Alla has never worked in the way you want it to anyway, the userbase of the forum did most of the moderating by the rating system.
____________________________
BANNED
#19 Oct 07 2010 at 11:36 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,608 posts
The internet is nothing but negativity now. It fuels the 13 ghosts and soon they will open the seal to the apocolypse.

You can save yourself by jerking my crystal bro!

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2009/10/23/16/jerk-off-crystal-for-bros-14073-1256330310-2.jpg

but you can't jerk it unless you have one of your own, that's what makes it glow.
____________________________

#20 Oct 07 2010 at 11:38 PM Rating: Good
**
409 posts
LyleVertigo wrote:
The internet is nothing but negativity now. It fuels the 13 ghosts and soon they will open the seal to the apocolypse.

You can save yourself by jerking my crystal bro!

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2009/10/23/16/jerk-off-crystal-for-bros-14073-1256330310-2.jpg

but you can't jerk it unless you have one of your own, that's what makes it glow.


Where did....when did you even...
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#21 Oct 07 2010 at 11:44 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
djairrick wrote:
its hard to get legit questions answered with all of this crap being posted.
No offense, but are you f*cking kidding me? Most of the threads in the forum have nothing to do with complaining or complaining about complaining.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#22 Oct 07 2010 at 11:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
510 posts
"I forgot to quote the first time so edited but forgot their name" wrote:
You just don't listen, do you? The things the players are asking for/demanding take time to implement. Your voice has been heard. Now stop using it and give SE the time they need.


There's far too many people looking at this game through rose-tinted glasses.

Now the reviews from the websites are coming out. And they're coming out badly. Other MMOs are also reviewed close to their release date and the big boys which we know today got vastly different scores to FFXIV.
So, even if SquareEnix do what you *need* them to do, they're still never going to get past that 4/10 (Gamespot) hurdle, people will see the reviews and see that it isn't worth playing. Bad reviews will ensure this game never really gets lifted off the ground.
In fact, I will be as bold as to say that this game will be remembered for being a colossal ****-up.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 5:50am by Unohana
#23 Oct 07 2010 at 11:54 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
152 posts
The One and Only Aurelius wrote:
Torrence wrote:
Well, I just wish that our friends over at SE would just come and set some things straight. We keep rehashing the same things because people are frustrated and can literally do nothing. Oh, we can wade through some menus ans sent an email to some obscure mailbox and get a canned reply. People come here for news, for discussion, and every day that we come here there is no news. No news? Well then we have discussions. There are simply more negative things than positives and that's why those things are focused on right now.

SE addressing the community's concerns would do a LOT to limit the negativity. When there are lots of positive things to discuss and not so many *basic* negatives, the trend will shift.


You just don't listen, do you? The things the players are asking for/demanding take time to implement. Your voice has been heard. Now stop using it and give SE the time they need.


It'd be nice to see someone official from SE come out and say they're working on these things. But they don't...which is why we still complain.
#24 Oct 08 2010 at 12:09 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,996 posts
I really don't see the point of complaining. The backbone of a game of this magnitude takes years to develop. Right or wrong there is a whole lot of stuff that isn't changing now. Ever.

If you have a gripe about targeting, then voice it once then zip it. It can be fixed fairly easily.

If your gripe is about the crafting system as a whole, a 'fun factor', a 'time sink', or anything that would take a complete revamping of the game then just leave.

At its core, all this complaining is because people feel entitled to the game they were expecting. But maybe the game wasn't made for you. And if it isn't then move one step to your left or right in gamestop and pick one that is.

But if you think for one second that voicing your opinion on a messageboard is going to spring a company that kept Fafnir relevant for 6 years into action you have another thing coming.
____________________________


#25 Oct 08 2010 at 12:10 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
13 posts
I think it's going to get better over the next couple of months...
____________________________
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="guild hosting"><img src="http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/39838_e201fe3ed112f055.png"></a>
#26 Oct 08 2010 at 12:10 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
991 posts
Sad thing is
every new game has this level if not worst complaining when it comes out

and tomorow, the LU complaining start son their forums, oh wait no it wont, they fully moderate every post!
____________________________


This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 13 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (13)