Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

something is starting to make senceFollow

#1 Oct 07 2010 at 7:22 PM Rating: Sub-Default
*
151 posts
we pc users get the beta and full game release months before the ps3 right? well when you look at it this way, ff has been on sony playstation for years and i believe that xi was the first ff on pc right?

well why do i get the feeling we are being used and that se is using us to moan and groan about the faults so that it gives them a few months to fix it for the ps3 version.

what do you guys think
#2 Oct 07 2010 at 7:29 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
148 posts
debodeebs wrote:
and i believe that xi was the first ff on pc right?
No. i have FFVII for PC..
There was also FFVIII for PC as well.. I believe both were done by Enix before Squaresoft and Enix got married.

debodeebs wrote:

well why do i get the feeling we are being used and that se is using us to moan and groan about the faults so that it gives them a few months to fix it for the ps3 version.

what do you guys think

Of course, you're right.. No doubt about that.. But think of it this way, SquareEnix gave people a CHOICE.. Try the Beta and then if you like it buy the game and play it after the beta is over.. OR you can just wait a few months and play it whenever.. SquareEnix could have just as easily denied everybody access to the game until March.. In a way, they're giving users a choice and a lot of users shoot themselves in the foot with that choice because that choice wasn't right for them and then they whine about it.

Should users have the choice to play as they are now? I absolutely think so. It is buyer's due diligence to research something before you buy it and it wouldn't have taken much research / playing the Open Beta to realize this game isn't finished. So I have absolutely zero sympathy for people who whine about the game and blame SquareEnix, they knew what they were buying and if not, it was their own fault for not doing their research.

Anybody can make a crap game and slap a $50 price tag on it these days. With the amount of outsourcing, even well known respected companies are making crap games. I'm not saying FFXIV is crap, but with the game industry the way it is, I just can't imagine anybody ever buying something without doing their research. Especially when there are great games out there for $10 like Team Fortress 2 was last weekend, Portal was a few months ago, and Left 4 Dead 2 is now.


Edited, Oct 7th 2010 9:35pm by Sidicas
#3 Oct 07 2010 at 7:33 PM Rating: Good
*
158 posts
Good day to you sir, have you read the papers? The Wright Brothers have created a vehicle that flies! It is called an "aero-plane", and it is truly the most magnificent piece of machinery I have seen in my life.





old news.


Edited, Oct 7th 2010 9:35pm by ghosthacked
#4debodeebs, Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 7:36 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) why must you just randomly spoil a dam post with your stupid random comments just to change the subject. if we cant speak about ff14 then why the heck is it a ff14 forum.
#5 Oct 07 2010 at 7:41 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
186 posts
debodeebs wrote:
ghosthacked wrote:
Good day to you sir, have you read the papers? The Wright Brothers have created a vehicle that flies! It is called an "aero-plane", and it is truly the most magnificent piece of machinery I have seen in my life.



why must you just randomly spoil a dam post with your stupid random comments just to change the subject. if we cant speak about ff14 then why the heck is it a ff14 forum.


This is a general discussion forum for FFXIV. I think that the admins should make a sticky that says what we are allowed to post about here instead of making asshat comments and baiting people.
#6 Oct 07 2010 at 7:42 PM Rating: Decent
*
158 posts
debodeebs wrote:
ghosthacked wrote:
Good day to you sir, have you read the papers? The Wright Brothers have created a vehicle that flies! It is called an "aero-plane", and it is truly the most magnificent piece of machinery I have seen in my life.



why must you just randomly spoil a dam post with your stupid random comments just to change the subject. if we cant speak about ff14 then why the heck is it a ff14 forum.


ok, ok. I'll make it a little more apparent for you:

"My god, I think you're on to something here! No one has brought up the "PC release is actually a paid beta" possibility on these forums before. How do you do that? You're a real visionary, pal!"
#7debodeebs, Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 7:50 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) oh "oooh"
#8 Oct 07 2010 at 7:58 PM Rating: Decent
**
263 posts
Right.. Because collecting the ire of thousands of gamers and dragging their reputation through **** is such good PR for PS3.
#9debodeebs, Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 8:07 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) true but how many ps3 users check the net for reviews. they have ps3's due to not having a high end pc so therefore like my self i see a game advertise or if i know them sort of game are good then i buy.
#10 Oct 07 2010 at 8:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
491 posts
debodeebs wrote:
true but how many ps3 users check the net for reviews. they have ps3's due to not having a high end pc so therefore like my self i see a game advertise or if i know them sort of game are good then i buy.

ps3 users are just going to see it as "oh ff online i love the ff games im so going to buy that tomorrow"


Whew, for a minute there I thought my 360 purchase was unjustified since I own a high end PC. Good to see it is only PS3 users that make their choice to play on a console because they have no other option.
#11debodeebs, Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 8:21 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) so your saying that if you got a console then you have a pc erm i mean gaming rig. what i was applying at is there is more console freaks then pc freaks and then there are people that like both but not got a gaming rig.
#12 Oct 07 2010 at 8:31 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
260 posts
Also bear in mind march is a long way off yet. With nearly a full 6 months to get a handle on the current crop of complaints you can figure that the PS3 version will come out much more polished and complete that what we have been presented with. I guess as disappointed as I am with the game as it stands if someone had told me a month before it came out: Hey dude... wanna be in the ffxiv beta? For 13 bucks a month I can get you in. I would have jumped in a second. So other than the 75 bucks I paid for the CE and the fact that I feel I was outrightly ripped off in that regard maybe being in a paid beta isn't so bad after all

-Teeg
____________________________
Why do gnats drop rat tails and lemurs drop gnat wings?
#13debodeebs, Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 8:37 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) or another reason on why the game is so bad and shipped out so early may be because SE is running out of money or there workers quit? why else ship the game out too early, its either they have gave in and said well we aint just sat there and made this game for note, get your ***** out there and sell my dam game. or they using our money to help pay towards getting the game fixed.
#14 Oct 07 2010 at 9:14 PM Rating: Default
**
595 posts
SE stocks are doing quite good, thank you :D
agreed that is just a perception issue.

Ppl have choice but don't realize it and then complain.

I would have paid to play the beta for 6months too, especially if I were to keep my char for launch after :)
The game is good, I'm having good time and can't find enough time to do all I want (possibly because some stuff takes more time that warranted but well ^^), Some tweek are needed of course but will come in due time.

If by PS3 release the main issues are still not corrected, then I will reconsider my position. for now I'm paying to play a beta version of a really good game and quite happy with that lol.
#15 Oct 07 2010 at 9:54 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
debodeebs wrote:
ghosthacked wrote:
debodeebs wrote:
ghosthacked wrote:
Good day to you sir, have you read the papers? The Wright Brothers have created a vehicle that flies! It is called an "aero-plane", and it is truly the most magnificent piece of machinery I have seen in my life.



why must you just randomly spoil a dam post with your stupid random comments just to change the subject. if we cant speak about ff14 then why the heck is it a ff14 forum.


ok, ok. I'll make it a little more apparent for you:

"My god, I think you're on to something here! No one has brought up the "PC release is actually a paid beta" possibility on these forums before. How do you do that? You're a real visionary, pal!"


oh "oooh"
ok then if you want to play them games!!!!!

"my god, i really thought i was allowed to ask a question regarding ff14, ok well ill tell you what, ill stop posting untill an admin or moderator or anyone who has the rights to tell me what i can and cant do on this site then let it be.

i asked a question without any rude comments about something that ive not seen my self on here and it just popped up in my head. so hey "i decided to post it"

my point is, stop being an idiot trying to start an argument "which by the way you have so im just as low as u"

there ya go pal!


its the internet. it's an MMO forum on the internet.

you can't repeat the same thing thats been said over and over and over again on multiple threads, claiming it as a sudden revelation that you JUST had, and not expect SOMEone to **** with you.

and he even ****** with you in a civilized and hilarious fashion. you just didn't get it.
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#16 Oct 07 2010 at 10:01 PM Rating: Good
*
139 posts
debodeebs wrote:
or another reason on why the game is so bad and shipped out so early may be because SE is running out of money or there workers quit? why else ship the game out too early, its either they have gave in and said well we aint just sat there and made this game for note, get your ***** out there and sell my dam game. or they using our money to help pay towards getting the game fixed.

oh dear id hate to think that was true


What? No.
#17 Oct 08 2010 at 11:48 AM Rating: Good
*
62 posts
sylph19 wrote:
Right.. Because collecting the ire of thousands of gamers and dragging their reputation through sh*t is such good PR for PS3.


You might be surprised how little interest console gaming companies like SE have in how "PC" gamers think of them.

SE is interested in PS3 launch, and probably very little else.
#18 Oct 08 2010 at 12:51 PM Rating: Default
*
139 posts
ixion13 wrote:
sylph19 wrote:
Right.. Because collecting the ire of thousands of gamers and dragging their reputation through sh*t is such good PR for PS3.


You might be surprised how little interest console gaming companies like SE have in how "PC" gamers think of them.

SE is interested in PS3 launch, and probably very little else.


That makes sence.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 15 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (15)