Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

Quitters Never Prosper.Follow

#1 Oct 07 2010 at 10:04 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
315 posts
This is to all the people who have had enough and have decided to quit. I know I am gonna get flamed/defaulted for this but I don't care I don't use the rating system anyway so I could care less if its taken away it needs to be said.

We get that you're unhappy and we know there are problems, but does there have to be a new thread every ten minutes. It is boring seeing the same recycled speech over and over again. Just quit and be done with it there's no need for every single person to announce to the world they are quitting especially in a brand new thread every time. I am not here to convince you things will get better and that you should stick around for the hope they will fix it. But there are people who are actually enjoying the game and who would like to use these boards for information/discussion for this game. Every other thread on the front page is a Declaration of the Quit. The rest are complaints about something or another.

So in short if you want to quit then do it we don't need to know. Everyone knows about the problems the game has and we understand you are frustrated. I just want my forum back.
#2 Oct 07 2010 at 10:08 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
152 posts
ScaryTrees wrote:
This is to all the people who have had enough and have decided to quit. I know I am gonna get flamed/defaulted for this but I don't care I don't use the rating system anyway so I could care less if its taken away it needs to be said.

We get that you're unhappy and we know there are problems, but does there have to be a new thread every ten minutes. It is boring seeing the same recycled speech over and over again. Just quit and be done with it there's no need for every single person to announce to the world they are quitting especially in a brand new thread every time. I am not here to convince you things will get better and that you should stick around for the hope they will fix it. But there are people who are actually enjoying the game and who would like to use these boards for information/discussion for this game. Every other thread on the front page is a Declaration of the Quit. The rest are complaints about something or another.

So in short if you want to quit then do it we don't need to know. Everyone knows about the problems the game has and we understand you are frustrated. I just want my forum back.


If the front page of the forums is that overrun with people voicing their concerns over the state of the game, then that's an indication that the game is in a bad state, not an indication that the boards are broken, or that the posters are out of line.

You should ask SE to fix their product. Then, we'll stop posting about how broken it is, and how upset we are that we had to pay for it.
#3 Oct 07 2010 at 10:09 PM Rating: Decent
**
409 posts
Like I said in another thread just like this, is there something you want to ask or are you just complaining because everyone else is complaining too?

It's very simple, if you want to see posts and threads about helpful stuff, then make one instead of making yet another thread complaining about complaints.
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#4 Oct 07 2010 at 10:10 PM Rating: Good
***
1,566 posts
Quote:
Quitters Never Prosper.


Neither do half-assed designed games.


People are free to start a new thread to express their discontent just as you are free to start a new thread about your discontent with people starting new threads to express their discontent...
#5 Oct 07 2010 at 10:13 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
If the game was good, people wouldn't quit.
____________________________

Melaahna Valiera
#6 Oct 07 2010 at 10:15 PM Rating: Good
I quit pooping at home. I now exclusively do it at work.

I am getting paid to use someone else's water, sewage, and toilet paper.

I think I prospered because I quit pooping at home.

Your argument is now invalid.

Good day sir.

PS: I am also tired of the quit threads, but am now too tired to fight. From now on, my posts in these threads will be as helpful as the rest of them, which is to say...not really helpful at all.
____________________________
#7 Oct 07 2010 at 10:17 PM Rating: Decent
**
409 posts
Yabusame LLC, both hilarious and disgusting.
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#8 Oct 07 2010 at 10:22 PM Rating: Decent
Party Pooper
*****
12,232 posts
Me too.

We call it "PTO". Poo Time Off.

It's actually kind of a sin to use the restrooms on your break at work.
____________________________
[sm]FFXI: Flix 75THF/RNG/NIN/WAR/MNK/DRK/SAM/DRG/BLM Retired: Sept 2009.
SW:TOR Maim (Assassin) Sai'kou (Sniper) GM: Ultimatum. Retired: When 1.2 failed miserably.
FFXIV: Flix Skyfall (Behemoth) 50BRD: River of Blood for dayzzzzzz


#9 Oct 07 2010 at 10:23 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,080 posts
ScaryTrees wrote:
This is to all the people who have had enough and have decided to quit. I know I am gonna get flamed/defaulted for this but I don't care I don't use the rating system anyway so I could care less if its taken away it needs to be said.

We get that you're unhappy and we know there are problems, but does there have to be a new thread every ten minutes. It is boring seeing the same recycled speech over and over again. Just quit and be done with it there's no need for every single person to announce to the world they are quitting especially in a brand new thread every time. I am not here to convince you things will get better and that you should stick around for the hope they will fix it. But there are people who are actually enjoying the game and who would like to use these boards for information/discussion for this game. Every other thread on the front page is a Declaration of the Quit. The rest are complaints about something or another.

So in short if you want to quit then do it we don't need to know. Everyone knows about the problems the game has and we understand you are frustrated. I just want my forum back.


This is the general forum. To talk about specific stuff in the game, there are forums on specific servers and classes, the wiki contains all things about gear, crafting, leves, the battle systems and everything else.
I've rarely seen the mods strictly enforce topics. They have moved a few things to the feedback forum lately. But... we need to vent.
I've been around this forum since FFXI began in 2003, I think I started posting in 2004. I've never considered it MY forum, me and my pitiful 500-odd posts.

It's OUR forum, and **** it, we're po'd.

____________________________
A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one. - George R.R. Martin
#10 Oct 07 2010 at 10:23 PM Rating: Decent
I made about $5.40 because of my quitting today.

Was awesome.
____________________________
#11 Oct 07 2010 at 10:48 PM Rating: Good
***
2,815 posts
I'm always disgusted by the disrespect/hate people like the OP have for people essentially doing activism that will pay off for people like the OP in the long run. Then they'll sit back smugly once the problems are resolved BECAUSE OF LOST SUBSCIPTIONS and say "See everything turned out ok, you didn't have to quit you babies"...

Such short sighted people make my heart ache for humanity.

OP, What are you DOING to help things change? Nothing. What actions are you taking to be a force for improvement? Before you say "giving them money"; giving a dog a treat when he's doing the trick wrong will teach it to do the trick wrong.

It's you who is pathetic, in your little dream world that everything is ok if we silence complaints. Even more pathetic that you think coming out and announcing this proudly will somehow make you look like something other than a complete assbag.

BTW if you don't need to know someone's quitting, how about a little self control on not clicking the thread? That's right you can't help it, because you actually love getting worked up over it.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 12:51am by RattyBatty
____________________________
Minecraft : My anti-MMO
Terraria : My anti-Minecraft
#12Tenfooterten, Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 10:50 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) QFT.
#13 Oct 07 2010 at 10:56 PM Rating: Default
RattyBatty wrote:
I'm always disgusted by the disrespect/hate people like the OP have for people essentially doing activism that will pay off for people like the OP in the long run. Then they'll sit back smugly once the problems are resolved BECAUSE OF LOST SUBSCIPTIONS and say "See everything turned out ok, you didn't have to quit you babies"...

Such short sighted people make my heart ache for humanity.

OP, What are you DOING to help things change? Nothing. What actions are you taking to be a force for improvement? Before you say "giving them money"; giving a dog a treat when he's doing the trick wrong will teach it to do the trick wrong.

It's you who is pathetic, in your little dream world that everything is ok if we silence complaints. Even more pathetic that you think coming out and announcing this proudly will somehow make you look like something other than a complete assbag.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 12:50am by RattyBatty

It isn't Activism anymore. It's a bunch of kindergarten kids crying because they had to play duck,duck, goose at recess instead of dodgeball.
It was activism, now it's just annoying whining. A bunch of kids screaming in the grocery store because mom wouldn't buy some candy.

This is the image all of the "Activists" have now. Should have quit while they had a little respect.

P.S. Just because you spew the same line of BS over and over again, it doesn't make you an activist.
Your crying isn't helping anyone, nor will it. People like you disgust me, who think they are so **** self important, and arrogant. Your opinion doesn't mean squat to people, so stop pretending it does.
#14 Oct 07 2010 at 11:02 PM Rating: Good
***
2,815 posts
Quote:
It isn't Activism anymore. It's a bunch of kindergarten kids

Wow I'd love to see someone that young express well informed, factual and logical comments like most of the 'complaining' I've seen and written have been. What genius kindergarten class are you referring to, because clearly people like you and the OP didn't attend it.

Anyone that points to people voicing legitimate problems in society, industry, politics, economics, consumerism etc as "cry-baby"... Maybe you should ask yourselves who really is being immature, and who is having an adult conversation.

Quote:
Just because you spew the same line of BS over and over again, it doesn't make you an activist.

You're right, repeating the truth over and over is such a cheap dirty tactic. How dare I!

Quote:
Your opinion doesn't mean squat to people, so stop pretending it does.

Let's see... RattyBatty, Excellent - Tenfooterten, Sub-Default. I think you got me there!

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 1:09am by RattyBatty
____________________________
Minecraft : My anti-MMO
Terraria : My anti-Minecraft
#15 Oct 07 2010 at 11:03 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
152 posts
RattyBatty wrote:
I'm always disgusted by the disrespect/hate people like the OP have for people essentially doing activism that will pay off for people like the OP in the long run. Then they'll sit back smugly once the problems are resolved BECAUSE OF LOST SUBSCIPTIONS and say "See everything turned out ok, you didn't have to quit you babies"...

Such short sighted people make my heart ache for humanity.

OP, What are you DOING to help things change? Nothing. What actions are you taking to be a force for improvement? Before you say "giving them money"; giving a dog a treat when he's doing the trick wrong will teach it to do the trick wrong.

It's you who is pathetic, in your little dream world that everything is ok if we silence complaints. Even more pathetic that you think coming out and announcing this proudly will somehow make you look like something other than a complete assbag.

BTW if you don't need to know someone's quitting, how about a little self control on not clicking the thread? That's right you can't help it, because you actually love getting worked up over it.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 12:51am by RattyBatty


VERY WELL PUT!!! That deserved all Caps, because that was what a lot of people need to be reminded of.

They'll have a better game, these sit back and just toss money at the SE machine types, while we did all the complaining that got them to fix the broken game in the first place.
#16 Oct 07 2010 at 11:06 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
152 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
RattyBatty wrote:
I'm always disgusted by the disrespect/hate people like the OP have for people essentially doing activism that will pay off for people like the OP in the long run. Then they'll sit back smugly once the problems are resolved BECAUSE OF LOST SUBSCIPTIONS and say "See everything turned out ok, you didn't have to quit you babies"...

Such short sighted people make my heart ache for humanity.

OP, What are you DOING to help things change? Nothing. What actions are you taking to be a force for improvement? Before you say "giving them money"; giving a dog a treat when he's doing the trick wrong will teach it to do the trick wrong.

It's you who is pathetic, in your little dream world that everything is ok if we silence complaints. Even more pathetic that you think coming out and announcing this proudly will somehow make you look like something other than a complete assbag.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 12:50am by RattyBatty

It isn't Activism anymore. It's a bunch of kindergarten kids crying because they had to play duck,duck, goose at recess instead of dodgeball.
It was activism, now it's just annoying whining. A bunch of kids screaming in the grocery store because mom wouldn't buy some candy.

This is the image all of the "Activists" have now. Should have quit while they had a little respect.

P.S. Just because you spew the same line of BS over and over again, it doesn't make you an activist.
Your crying isn't helping anyone, nor will it. People like you disgust me, who think they are so **** self important, and arrogant. Your opinion doesn't mean squat to people, so stop pretending it does.


Because we've been upset for more than a week it's suddenly no longer qualifiable as activism? You, sir, have lost your clue. If you need help finding your clue, many of us could tell you where to get a clue.
#17 Oct 07 2010 at 11:08 PM Rating: Default
RattyBatty wrote:
Quote:
It isn't Activism anymore. It's a bunch of kindergarten kids

Wow I'd love to see someone that young express well informed, factual and logical comments like most of the 'complaining' I've seen and written have been. What genius kindergarten class are you referring to, because clearly people like you and the OP didn't attend it.

Anyone that points to people voicing legitimate problems in society, industry, politics, economics, consumerism etc as "cry-baby"... Maybe you should ask yourselves who really is being immature, and who is having an adult conversation.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 1:03am by RattyBatty


Conversation? I know if i called you at your home, to discuss flaws in FF XIV, i'd call you once. If i called you 10,000 times, you would probably have me arrested. You see what i'm getting at here? An adfult would say, "Hmmm, i don't really like this."
a 5 year old would say the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Is that any clearer to you now, or are you still holding on to that silly notion about this type of behavior being constructive?
#18 Oct 07 2010 at 11:10 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,815 posts
Quote:
Conversation? I know if i called you at your home, to discuss flaws in FF XIV, i'd call you once. If i called you 10,000 times, you would probably have me arrested. You see what i'm getting at here? An adfult would say, "Hmmm, i don't really like this."
a 5 year old would say the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

You heard it here folks! Abolishing slavery and equalizing womens' rights were won by 5 year olds!!!! Gold Star!

I'm done replying to you by the way because at this point, you're losing the argument for me.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 1:13am by RattyBatty
____________________________
Minecraft : My anti-MMO
Terraria : My anti-Minecraft
#19 Oct 07 2010 at 11:12 PM Rating: Default
ButterflyM wrote:
Tenfooterten wrote:
RattyBatty wrote:
I'm always disgusted by the disrespect/hate people like the OP have for people essentially doing activism that will pay off for people like the OP in the long run. Then they'll sit back smugly once the problems are resolved BECAUSE OF LOST SUBSCIPTIONS and say "See everything turned out ok, you didn't have to quit you babies"...

Such short sighted people make my heart ache for humanity.

OP, What are you DOING to help things change? Nothing. What actions are you taking to be a force for improvement? Before you say "giving them money"; giving a dog a treat when he's doing the trick wrong will teach it to do the trick wrong.

It's you who is pathetic, in your little dream world that everything is ok if we silence complaints. Even more pathetic that you think coming out and announcing this proudly will somehow make you look like something other than a complete assbag.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 12:50am by RattyBatty

It isn't Activism anymore. It's a bunch of kindergarten kids crying because they had to play duck,duck, goose at recess instead of dodgeball.
It was activism, now it's just annoying whining. A bunch of kids screaming in the grocery store because mom wouldn't buy some candy.

This is the image all of the "Activists" have now. Should have quit while they had a little respect.

P.S. Just because you spew the same line of BS over and over again, it doesn't make you an activist.
Your crying isn't helping anyone, nor will it. People like you disgust me, who think they are so **** self important, and arrogant. Your opinion doesn't mean squat to people, so stop pretending it does.


Because we've been upset for more than a week it's suddenly no longer qualifiable as activism? You, sir, have lost your clue. If you need help finding your clue, many of us could tell you where to get a clue.


ORLY? So you also believe that saying the same thing over and over will magically make SE bend to your will. By repeating the same crap over and over on some website, that some other company will look and think "Oh they must be serious, we better do everything they want!"
You sir, are the delusional one here. You people are shouting at people that have nothing to do with SE. WTF are you supposed to accomplish that way?
I think you guys need to lay off the pot...seriously.
#20 Oct 07 2010 at 11:16 PM Rating: Default
RattyBatty wrote:
Quote:
Conversation? I know if i called you at your home, to discuss flaws in FF XIV, i'd call you once. If i called you 10,000 times, you would probably have me arrested. You see what i'm getting at here? An adfult would say, "Hmmm, i don't really like this."
a 5 year old would say the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

You heard it here folks! Abolishing slavery and equalizing womens' rights were won by 5 year olds!!!! Gold Star!

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 1:11am by RattyBatty


Oh, i'm sorry. I didn't realize that constant ******** was the reason slavery was abolished. I'm also quite interested in knowing how the ZAM forums were responsible for women's rights. I'm pretty sure these problems weren't solved by incandescent ********* I'm pretty sure those had something to do with real activists. People that let their actions do the talking. You don't know jack about being an activist.
#21 Oct 07 2010 at 11:17 PM Rating: Good
**
409 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:

ORLY? So you also believe that saying the same thing over and over will magically make SE bend to your will. By repeating the same crap over and over on some website, that some other company will look and think "Oh they must be serious, we better do everything they want!"
You sir, are the delusional one here. You people are shouting at people that have nothing to do with SE. WTF are you supposed to accomplish that way?
I think you guys need to lay off the pot...seriously.


Do you think that repeating "I don't care what anyone else says, I love the game" is going to make anything better either? I could believe you if you were actually doing something to improve the game yourself instead of just attacking strangers on the internet who point out that your shiny new toy sucks because it doesn't work properly.

Show me what YOU'RE doing to make the game better, what YOU'RE doing to get SE to fix the issues.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 1:19am by SickleSageKiroh
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#22 Oct 07 2010 at 11:21 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,608 posts
I'm a born again alcoholic.
____________________________

#23 Oct 07 2010 at 11:22 PM Rating: Decent
**
415 posts
ButterflyM wrote:
ScaryTrees wrote:
This is to all the people who have had enough and have decided to quit. I know I am gonna get flamed/defaulted for this but I don't care I don't use the rating system anyway so I could care less if its taken away it needs to be said.

We get that you're unhappy and we know there are problems, but does there have to be a new thread every ten minutes. It is boring seeing the same recycled speech over and over again. Just quit and be done with it there's no need for every single person to announce to the world they are quitting especially in a brand new thread every time. I am not here to convince you things will get better and that you should stick around for the hope they will fix it. But there are people who are actually enjoying the game and who would like to use these boards for information/discussion for this game. Every other thread on the front page is a Declaration of the Quit. The rest are complaints about something or another.

So in short if you want to quit then do it we don't need to know. Everyone knows about the problems the game has and we understand you are frustrated. I just want my forum back.


If the front page of the forums is that overrun with people voicing their concerns over the state of the game, then that's an indication that the game is in a bad state, not an indication that the boards are broken, or that the posters are out of line.

You should ask SE to fix their product. Then, we'll stop posting about how broken it is, and how upset we are that we had to pay for it.

That's a dumb way to put it. You should see the outrage over the Cataclysm changes, yet they're probably going to be on live servers next week. Must mean Blizzard is unsuccessful.
#24 Oct 07 2010 at 11:26 PM Rating: Good
*
152 posts
Yabusame wrote:
I quit pooping at home.


Me too!

I quit for a different reason. I got tired of the cats watching me while I was on the toilet. It was just to creepy.


#25 Oct 07 2010 at 11:27 PM Rating: Good
***
1,608 posts
Brushy wrote:
Yabusame wrote:
I quit pooping at home.


Me too!

I quit for a different reason. I got tired of the cats watching me while I was on the toilet. It was just to creepy.




My ferret wants me to watch her ****. It's the only way she gets a treat!
____________________________

#26 Oct 07 2010 at 11:31 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
Gah, dont side track the conversation. Im interested in what Tenfooterten and Butterfly has to say.
#27 Oct 08 2010 at 12:07 AM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
ButterflyM wrote:
ScaryTrees wrote:
This is to all the people who have had enough and have decided to quit. I know I am gonna get flamed/defaulted for this but I don't care I don't use the rating system anyway so I could care less if its taken away it needs to be said.

We get that you're unhappy and we know there are problems, but does there have to be a new thread every ten minutes. It is boring seeing the same recycled speech over and over again. Just quit and be done with it there's no need for every single person to announce to the world they are quitting especially in a brand new thread every time. I am not here to convince you things will get better and that you should stick around for the hope they will fix it. But there are people who are actually enjoying the game and who would like to use these boards for information/discussion for this game. Every other thread on the front page is a Declaration of the Quit. The rest are complaints about something or another.

So in short if you want to quit then do it we don't need to know. Everyone knows about the problems the game has and we understand you are frustrated. I just want my forum back.


If the front page of the forums is that overrun with people voicing their concerns over the state of the game, then that's an indication that the game is in a bad state, not an indication that the boards are broken, or that the posters are out of line.

You should ask SE to fix their product. Then, we'll stop posting about how broken it is, and how upset we are that we had to pay for it.



You ever been in a raid going well and one person ******* then says they are tired and 6 other people agree and log out too? Yeah that. People love to latch onto what other people are doing if it makes them feel like they are not alone regardless of the problem. This is no different. It is simple to talk a large group of people into things if you can get just some of them voicing out in the right places. I would bet a good half the people really crying all of a sudden actually enjoyed the game until it was placed in their heads that they didn't.

You want examples? Ok, America.... a few people convinced an entire country to give up their bank to privately owned companies and now you actually see people defending it. A topic that would have gotten you thrown out of a room a few years prior. Really you can apply this almost anywhere in the government.

Another you say? I'm gonna hit low here and I don't mean to offend or support/not support any part of the system. Religion. I know at least 20 people who don't actually believe in crap but you see them at church 2-3 times a week trying to fit in with what they think is overwhelmingly popular. To not do it would make them feel outcast so they go.

I could keep going on and on with hundreds of examples of sheeple but needless to say this is no different. If gamespot had to tell you the game had problems and the 4.0 score that the half witted reviewer gave it actually swayed you against it... well, you're a sheeple. Sorry. It is human nature but you got pwnt with that aspect of it hardcore. Big words > you Reading comprehension > you
His post was actually terrible. Read it and think about each thing he says. You'll see what I mean. Half his complaints are about the FFXI components of the game and just generally being too slow to understand it. Then he just comes out of left field with some big words that aren't needed to mask that he actually says nothing. It sounds great if you just skim it. Means... literally nothing.

The ones that have been going since the start... Yes there are some pretty big problems but they have been said. Get over it. SE isn't going to fix it in a week or 2. You couldn't fix it in a week given the same team. It isn't possible to fix some things that fast.

You cannot physically get a team of that size to pool together, come up with fixes, design how they would be implemented, Look for flaws and new problems that are apparent with the change, smoke out code, and bug test it in a short amount of time. Cause some of these problems would take the most organized of teams a few months to totally iron out.
#28 Oct 08 2010 at 12:14 AM Rating: Good
**
409 posts
zoltanrs wrote:

You ever been in a raid going well and one person ******* then says they are tired and 6 other people agree and log out too? Yeah that. People love to latch onto what other people are doing if it makes them feel like they are not alone regardless of the problem. This is no different. It is simple to talk a large group of people into things if you can get just some of them voicing out in the right places. I would bet a good half the people really crying all of a sudden actually enjoyed the game until it was placed in their heads that they didn't.


So it's up to you to tell them whether or not they feel that way and if and when they should be allowed to complain about it?
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#29 Oct 08 2010 at 12:17 AM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:

You ever been in a raid going well and one person ******* then says they are tired and 6 other people agree and log out too? Yeah that. People love to latch onto what other people are doing if it makes them feel like they are not alone regardless of the problem. This is no different. It is simple to talk a large group of people into things if you can get just some of them voicing out in the right places. I would bet a good half the people really crying all of a sudden actually enjoyed the game until it was placed in their heads that they didn't.


So it's up to you to tell them whether or not they feel that way and if and when they should be allowed to complain about it?


zoltanrs wrote:
Reading comprehension > you


^that
#30 Oct 08 2010 at 12:20 AM Rating: Good
**
409 posts
InternationalInternetTrolls wrote:

And when all reasoning and sound argument fails (or when you're just too lazy to think of one) insult the other poster's intelligence, this is a sure a swift victory ensuring no one ever dares to challenge your awesome leetness again!


^This.




Edited, Oct 8th 2010 2:21am by SickleSageKiroh
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#31 Oct 08 2010 at 12:22 AM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
InternationalInternetTrolls wrote:

And when all reasoning and sound argument fails (or when your just too lazy to thing of one) insult the other poster's intelligence, this is a sure a swift victory ensuring no one ever dares to challenge your awesome leetness again!


^This.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 2:20am by SickleSageKiroh


That'd be great, except I didn't insult it. You laid it out on the line and I pointed to it. Kinda like when you get some crap in your mustache.
#32 Oct 08 2010 at 12:25 AM Rating: Good
**
409 posts
zoltanrs wrote:
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
InternationalInternetTrolls wrote:

And when all reasoning and sound argument fails (or when your just too lazy to thing of one) insult the other poster's intelligence, this is a sure a swift victory ensuring no one ever dares to challenge your awesome leetness again!


^This.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 2:20am by SickleSageKiroh


That'd be great, except I didn't insult it. You laid it out on the line and I pointed to it. Kinda like when you get some crap in your mustache.


No see I pointed out that you're telling people when they should and shouldn't be able to feel a way about something because you believe they don't really feel the way the feel and that it's other people influencing them that make them feel that way.

It's kind of like when a salesman tells another person not to let other people tell them what to think so they'll buy their product instead.

~Edited for vulgar language so I don't offend anyone's delicate sensibilities~

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 2:31am by SickleSageKiroh
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#33 Oct 08 2010 at 12:28 AM Rating: Decent
*
152 posts
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
InternationalInternetTrolls wrote:

And when all reasoning and sound argument fails (or when your just too lazy to thing of one) insult the other poster's intelligence, this is a sure a swift victory ensuring no one ever dares to challenge your awesome leetness again!


^This.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 2:20am by SickleSageKiroh


That'd be great, except I didn't insult it. You laid it out on the line and I pointed to it. Kinda like when you get some crap in your mustache.


No see I pointed out that you're telling people when they should and shouldn't be able to feel a way about something because you believe they don't really feel the way the feel and that it's other people influencing them that make them feel that way.

It's kind of like a rapist telling a @#%^phile not to force themselves on others sexually.


I think your taking this to far.
#34 Oct 08 2010 at 12:28 AM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
InternationalInternetTrolls wrote:

And when all reasoning and sound argument fails (or when your just too lazy to thing of one) insult the other poster's intelligence, this is a sure a swift victory ensuring no one ever dares to challenge your awesome leetness again!


^This.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 2:20am by SickleSageKiroh


That'd be great, except I didn't insult it. You laid it out on the line and I pointed to it. Kinda like when you get some crap in your mustache.


No see I pointed out that you're telling people when they should and shouldn't be able to feel a way about something because you believe they don't really feel the way the feel and that it's other people influencing them that make them feel that way.

It's kind of like a rapist telling a @#%^phile not to force themselves on others sexually.



That is kind of the problem. I didn't tell you crap about what to believe. The proof that people are doing that is there. I didn't say they had to beleive crap tho. which brings us back to square one.
#35 Oct 08 2010 at 12:29 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
152 posts
zoltanrs wrote:
ButterflyM wrote:
ScaryTrees wrote:
This is to all the people who have had enough and have decided to quit. I know I am gonna get flamed/defaulted for this but I don't care I don't use the rating system anyway so I could care less if its taken away it needs to be said.

We get that you're unhappy and we know there are problems, but does there have to be a new thread every ten minutes. It is boring seeing the same recycled speech over and over again. Just quit and be done with it there's no need for every single person to announce to the world they are quitting especially in a brand new thread every time. I am not here to convince you things will get better and that you should stick around for the hope they will fix it. But there are people who are actually enjoying the game and who would like to use these boards for information/discussion for this game. Every other thread on the front page is a Declaration of the Quit. The rest are complaints about something or another.

So in short if you want to quit then do it we don't need to know. Everyone knows about the problems the game has and we understand you are frustrated. I just want my forum back.


If the front page of the forums is that overrun with people voicing their concerns over the state of the game, then that's an indication that the game is in a bad state, not an indication that the boards are broken, or that the posters are out of line.

You should ask SE to fix their product. Then, we'll stop posting about how broken it is, and how upset we are that we had to pay for it.



You ever been in a raid going well and one person ******* then says they are tired and 6 other people agree and log out too? Yeah that. People love to latch onto what other people are doing if it makes them feel like they are not alone regardless of the problem. This is no different. It is simple to talk a large group of people into things if you can get just some of them voicing out in the right places. I would bet a good half the people really crying all of a sudden actually enjoyed the game until it was placed in their heads that they didn't.

You want examples? Ok, America.... a few people convinced an entire country to give up their bank to privately owned companies and now you actually see people defending it. A topic that would have gotten you thrown out of a room a few years prior. Really you can apply this almost anywhere in the government.

Another you say? I'm gonna hit low here and I don't mean to offend or support/not support any part of the system. Religion. I know at least 20 people who don't actually believe in crap but you see them at church 2-3 times a week trying to fit in with what they think is overwhelmingly popular. To not do it would make them feel outcast so they go.

I could keep going on and on with hundreds of examples of sheeple but needless to say this is no different. If gamespot had to tell you the game had problems and the 4.0 score that the half witted reviewer gave it actually swayed you against it... well, you're a sheeple. Sorry. It is human nature but you got pwnt with that aspect of it hardcore. Big words > you Reading comprehension > you
His post was actually terrible. Read it and think about each thing he says. You'll see what I mean. Half his complaints are about the FFXI components of the game and just generally being too slow to understand it. Then he just comes out of left field with some big words that aren't needed to mask that he actually says nothing. It sounds great if you just skim it. Means... literally nothing.

The ones that have been going since the start... Yes there are some pretty big problems but they have been said. Get over it. SE isn't going to fix it in a week or 2. You couldn't fix it in a week given the same team. It isn't possible to fix some things that fast.

You cannot physically get a team of that size to pool together, come up with fixes, design how they would be implemented, Look for flaws and new problems that are apparent with the change, smoke out code, and bug test it in a short amount of time. Cause some of these problems would take the most organized of teams a few months to totally iron out.




But it would take them 10 minutes to write a simple "we're working on fixing this broken game" statement.

Seriously, they're a multi-billion dollar company. They could put out a statement if they cared to, just to assuage some of us who are leaving. But they don't care to. That says something about SE.

I'm not deriding you(although you seem to feel your opinion is the final opinion and the only right one, based on how you have been replying to others' posts), but I am deriding SE for their shoddy communication to their customer base.

If the front page of the forums is that overrun with people voicing their concerns over the state of the game, then that's an indication that the game is in a bad state, not an indication that the boards are broken, or that the posters are out of line.

You should ask SE to fix their product. Then, we'll stop posting about how broken it is, and how upset we are that we had to pay for it.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 2:30am by ButterflyM
#36 Oct 08 2010 at 12:32 AM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
/facepalm
#37 Oct 08 2010 at 12:33 AM Rating: Good
**
409 posts
zoltanrs wrote:

That is kind of the problem. I didn't tell you crap about what to believe. The proof that people are doing that is there. I didn't say they had to beleive crap tho. which brings us back to square one.


No, you just assumed everyone else was influenced by other people because there's no POSSIBLE way this many people came to a decision on their own. Then you took it upon yourself to inform everyone that you believed they don't feel the way that they've clearly stated they feel.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 2:35am by SickleSageKiroh
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#38 Oct 08 2010 at 12:52 AM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
zoltanrs wrote:

That is kind of the problem. I didn't tell you crap about what to believe. The proof that people are doing that is there. I didn't say they had to beleive crap tho. which brings us back to square one.


No, you just assumed everyone else was influenced by other people because there's no POSSIBLE way this many people came to a decision on their own. Then you took it upon yourself to inform everyone that you believed they don't feel the way that they've clearly stated they feel.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 2:35am by SickleSageKiroh


Well I presented a sample of my evidence where is your counter evidence? I think this struck a nerve with you for the same reason now. You're def nerd raging too hard over it.
#39 Oct 08 2010 at 1:01 AM Rating: Good
**
409 posts
zoltanrs wrote:

Well I presented a sample of my evidence...


I'm sorry that I don't care for people who take generalized statements as irrefutable facts. It was my understanding of evidence that it's a truthful example based on relevant information about the subject material rather than assumptions based on anecdotal evidence.

So when you bring me an example of someone who has quit based on what other people say rather than their own experiences with the game, let me know.
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#40 Oct 08 2010 at 1:05 AM Rating: Good
***
1,457 posts
LyleVertigo wrote:
I'm a born again alcoholic.


Amen brother Lyle! Amen!
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#41 Oct 08 2010 at 1:28 AM Rating: Decent
49 posts
Quote:
But it would take them 10 minutes to write a simple "we're working on fixing this broken game" statement.

Seriously, they're a multi-billion dollar company. They could put out a statement if they cared to, just to assuage some of us who are leaving. But they don't care to. That says something about SE.

I'm not deriding you(although you seem to feel your opinion is the final opinion and the only right one, based on how you have been replying to others' posts), but I am deriding SE for their shoddy communication to their customer base.

If the front page of the forums is that overrun with people voicing their concerns over the state of the game, then that's an indication that the game is in a bad state, not an indication that the boards are broken, or that the posters are out of line.

You should ask SE to fix their product. Then, we'll stop posting about how broken it is, and how upset we are that we had to pay for it.


You people talk as if you have little to no concept of things taking time. You're like: This is broken, and this, and that, and more of this, more of that, THIS THAT THIS THAT AND THAT AND THIS AND THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT!!!! SE doesn't have to answer for unreasonable requests. Everyone wanted this game out ASAP, and everyone got what the begged for. That's why you're not getting any answers, and it bothers me not the least that SE haven't publicly acknowledged what is obvious. If you have no patience, no faith, or nothing better to do than hate, then go make a "I HATE SE FOR RUINING MY LIFE" forum where you all can cry in your own corners.
#42 Oct 08 2010 at 1:31 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,408 posts
Quote:
This is to all the people who have had enough and have decided to quit. I know I am gonna get flamed/defaulted for this but I don't care I don't use the rating system anyway so I could care less if its taken away it needs to be said.

We get that you're unhappy and we know there are problems, but does there have to be a new thread every ten minutes. It is boring seeing the same recycled speech over and over again. Just quit and be done with it there's no need for every single person to announce to the world they are quitting especially in a brand new thread every time. I am not here to convince you things will get better and that you should stick around for the hope they will fix it. But there are people who are actually enjoying the game and who would like to use these boards for information/discussion for this game. Every other thread on the front page is a Declaration of the Quit. The rest are complaints about something or another.

So in short if you want to quit then do it we don't need to know. Everyone knows about the problems the game has and we understand you are frustrated. I just want my forum back.


I agree.
____________________________


If my velocity starts to make you sweat, then just don't
let go
#43 Oct 08 2010 at 1:35 AM Rating: Default
****
4,144 posts
ButterflyM wrote:
You should ask SE to fix their product. Then, we'll stop posting about how broken it is, and how upset we are that we had to pay for it.


Can you spot the problem?
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#44 Oct 08 2010 at 1:54 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
510 posts
CunningLinguist wrote:
Quote:
But it would take them 10 minutes to write a simple "we're working on fixing this broken game" statement.

Seriously, they're a multi-billion dollar company. They could put out a statement if they cared to, just to assuage some of us who are leaving. But they don't care to. That says something about SE.

I'm not deriding you(although you seem to feel your opinion is the final opinion and the only right one, based on how you have been replying to others' posts), but I am deriding SE for their shoddy communication to their customer base.

If the front page of the forums is that overrun with people voicing their concerns over the state of the game, then that's an indication that the game is in a bad state, not an indication that the boards are broken, or that the posters are out of line.

You should ask SE to fix their product. Then, we'll stop posting about how broken it is, and how upset we are that we had to pay for it.


You people talk as if you have little to no concept of things taking time. You're like: This is broken, and this, and that, and more of this, more of that, THIS THAT THIS THAT AND THAT AND THIS AND THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT!!!! SE doesn't have to answer for unreasonable requests. Everyone wanted this game out ASAP, and everyone got what the begged for. That's why you're not getting any answers, and it bothers me not the least that SE haven't publicly acknowledged what is obvious. If you have no patience, no faith, or nothing better to do than hate, then go make a "I HATE SE FOR RUINING MY LIFE" forum where you all can cry in your own corners.


Developers don't release games on specific dates because their fans say so. They do because they're on budgets and deadlines. They're not your friends, they want your money and your loyalty so you will give them more money in the future.
#45 Oct 08 2010 at 2:08 AM Rating: Good
****
4,144 posts
CunningLinguist wrote:
You people talk as if you have little to no concept of things taking time. You're like: This is broken, and this, and that, and more of this, more of that, THIS THAT THIS THAT AND THAT AND THIS AND THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT!!!! SE doesn't have to answer for unreasonable requests. Everyone wanted this game out ASAP, and everyone got what the begged for. That's why you're not getting any answers, and it bothers me not the least that SE haven't publicly acknowledged what is obvious. If you have no patience, no faith, or nothing better to do than hate, then go make a "I HATE SE FOR RUINING MY LIFE" forum where you all can cry in your own corners.

Speaking of time... Almost 30 years of game developing experience, 8 years of MMO experience, 6 years of development for this specific product and this is what comes from all of that? You somehow feel it is unreasonable to ask that a company provide a product that their customers should come to expect based on all this experience?

Faith? You must be religious to believe that this will turn into something worthy of praise anytime in the near future. That or you have personally seen Tanaka walking on water or turning water into wine. I don't believe in miracles. I believe in development taking the necessary time to finish(read: playable, working, enjoyable) products before they release them.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#46 Oct 08 2010 at 8:48 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
315 posts
You guys are getting the wrong impression about what this thread is about. I never said all hail SE they are so awesome no matter how bad their game is. I personally do enjoy for what it is atm and feel confident that in time most of the current issues will be fixed. However all these quitting threads are getting old and its the same rage ********* every time. You can argue that if you don't post a million threads saying the same thing that they aren't going to do anything about it but this is SE. Anyone who has played FFXI knows that it doesn't help much if at all. I am sure by now they are aware of these problems anyway. Also I am in no way defending SE for putting out such an incomplete game and agree they are horrible at this. They treat their customers like mushrooms, we're kept in the dark and fed nothing but BS. Having everyone complain with the same argument over and over isn't going to change what they do or how fast they do it.
#47 Oct 08 2010 at 9:10 AM Rating: Decent
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
Tenfooterten wrote:

ORLY? So you also believe that saying the same thing over and over will magically make SE bend to your will. By repeating the same crap over and over on some website, that some other company will look and think "Oh they must be serious, we better do everything they want!"
You sir, are the delusional one here. You people are shouting at people that have nothing to do with SE. WTF are you supposed to accomplish that way?
I think you guys need to lay off the pot...seriously.


Do you think that repeating "I don't care what anyone else says, I love the game" is going to make anything better either? I could believe you if you were actually doing something to improve the game yourself instead of just attacking strangers on the internet who point out that your shiny new toy sucks because it doesn't work properly.

Show me what YOU'RE doing to make the game better, what YOU'RE doing to get SE to fix the issues.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 1:19am by SickleSageKiroh


I gave my feedback in closed beta. A good portion of my issues with the game have been addressed. There are still some left, but they will be fixed in time. I don't have to make a million threads about it. I don't have to tell them, they already know. Weather or not they do something about it remains to be seen, but even i know it can take a while to change the coding for some issues. I also have that thing known as patience, which seems to be a misplaced virtue on these boards.
People have spoken, but are giving no time to see if they were heard. It's childish, and not helping anyone.
#48 Oct 08 2010 at 9:46 AM Rating: Decent
*
108 posts
ScaryTrees wrote:
This is to all the people who have had enough and have decided to quit. I know I am gonna get flamed/defaulted for this but I don't care I don't use the rating system anyway so I could care less if its taken away it needs to be said.

We get that you're unhappy and we know there are problems, but does there have to be a new thread every ten minutes. It is boring seeing the same recycled speech over and over again. Just quit and be done with it there's no need for every single person to announce to the world they are quitting especially in a brand new thread every time. I am not here to convince you things will get better and that you should stick around for the hope they will fix it. But there are people who are actually enjoying the game and who would like to use these boards for information/discussion for this game. Every other thread on the front page is a Declaration of the Quit. The rest are complaints about something or another.

So in short if you want to quit then do it we don't need to know. Everyone knows about the problems the game has and we understand you are frustrated. I just want my forum back.


No one's forcing you to click on those threads. If you don't want to read the whining, just ignore it.
____________________________
#49 Oct 08 2010 at 9:48 AM Rating: Default
**
602 posts
ScaryTrees wrote:
This is to all the people who have had enough and have decided to quit. I know I am gonna get flamed/defaulted for this but I don't care I don't use the rating system anyway so I could care less if its taken away it needs to be said.

We get that you're unhappy and we know there are problems, but does there have to be a new thread every ten minutes. It is boring seeing the same recycled speech over and over again. Just quit and be done with it there's no need for every single person to announce to the world they are quitting especially in a brand new thread every time. I am not here to convince you things will get better and that you should stick around for the hope they will fix it. But there are people who are actually enjoying the game and who would like to use these boards for information/discussion for this game. Every other thread on the front page is a Declaration of the Quit. The rest are complaints about something or another.

So in short if you want to quit then do it we don't need to know. Everyone knows about the problems the game has and we understand you are frustrated. I just want my forum back.



I agree with this guy. Whiners have ruined the general forum. It isn't game related anymore, just bashes against SE.
They should take this to a complain board or a flame board so we can keep the productive posts together.
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#50 Oct 08 2010 at 9:59 AM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
**
362 posts
If people weren't (legitimately) complaining, ere would be no sense that there's an issue. If one person made one thread about the flaws of the game, it would get lost, no matter how big the thread got. Sure some people go overboard, but no more than the other side where pele claim everything is peachy and SE can do no wrong. I've seen *several* 'stop making quitting threads' which is exactly what those people are complaining about. How is that any better? At least the people complaining about the state of the game are trying to get SE to take notice and fix it so EVERYONE can enjoy a better product.
____________________________
Anakte Grey
BLM 50 SMN/SCH 50 WHM 40
MRD 26 DRG 30 MNK 30 GLA 25

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/416469141_Vt5aq-XL-2.jpg
#51 Oct 08 2010 at 10:07 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,636 posts
I have now seen more "stop posting I quit threads" threads, than actual "i quit threads".


I should also point out that the posts outlying what people don't like about the game, and what they'd like to see fixed at least start out mature and polite. The 'I dont want to read those threads anymore' posts seem to all start off by declaring opinions they don't like are whining, and telling them to either go back to wow, or just quit already and stop posting.

Edited, Oct 8th 2010 12:14pm by KujaKoF
____________________________


« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 19 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (19)