Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Has Stopped Working.Follow

#1 Oct 08 2010 at 6:32 PM Rating: Decent
8 posts
After hours of trouble shooting I've decided to ask for some help.

Upon installing and trying to start FFXIV I get a pop-up error saying it has stopped working. Drivers are up to date.

I'm running Win7 64-bit, on an Alienware M17x.

I have 2 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4870.

I honestly have no idea what to do. Any help or suggestions are most appreciated. Thanks. :)

#2 Oct 08 2010 at 6:48 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
I had this problem as well.

I did two things:

First, I updated my motherboards bios, video drivers, and sound drivers.

Second, I forwarded the port number that FFXIV uses (from the config program) to my computer in my router's setup.

I'm not sure which one fixed it, but now I don't see that message anymore.

(I repeated the process on my laptop, below min spec machine, and it did NOT fix the problem)

I had another problem after today's patch. I kept getting Error: 20524 when patching. I searched around and could not find a solution so I figured it out myself. The solution is to modify the game.ver file (using notepad) to a version before the release. I used 2010.09.01.0000 (or something like that to represent September 1st 2010). After a somewhat long patch it updated just fine.

Hope this helps
#3 Oct 08 2010 at 6:56 PM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
Fritzke wrote:
After hours of trouble shooting I've decided to ask for some help.

Upon installing and trying to start FFXIV I get a pop-up error saying it has stopped working. Drivers are up to date.

I'm running Win7 64-bit, on an Alienware M17x.

I have 2 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4870.

I honestly have no idea what to do. Any help or suggestions are most appreciated. Thanks. :)



You need to post your event viewer crash report. To save a step search the faulting file on these forums. Other than that I may be able to tell you where to go to find a fix already found here.
#4 Oct 08 2010 at 6:58 PM Rating: Decent
7 posts
I can tell you now it's your ATI mobility after many hrs my self and alot of posts I gave up and ask SE on the phone they told me when they did XIV the didn't test lap top cards they said it's ATI drivers it's in a conflict with XIV and ATI needs to fix it so I sent my new lap top in got my refund the got the same lap top but with a gforce 310 and it works fine all so the chipsets will not work too
Now a normal ATI made for a desk top will work but drivers for desk to and mobility are diffrant hate to tell you bad news but gforce be your best chance
#5 Oct 08 2010 at 7:03 PM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
IceeLord wrote:
I can tell you now it's your ATI mobility after many hrs my self and alot of posts I gave up and ask SE on the phone they told me when they did XIV the didn't test lap top cards they said it's ATI drivers it's in a conflict with XIV and ATI needs to fix it so I sent my new lap top in got my refund the got the same lap top but with a gforce 310 and it works fine all so the chipsets will not work too
Now a normal ATI made for a desk top will work but drivers for desk to and mobility are diffrant hate to tell you bad news but gforce be your best chance

You didn't have to do all that there are a couple posts detailing how to fix it on this forum
#6 Oct 08 2010 at 7:04 PM Rating: Decent
8 posts
Thanks for the fast replies. Here is the crash report as requested.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ffxivboot.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4c355192
Fault Module Name: atiumdag.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.14.10.716
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b0df3e7
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 002106c6
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
#7 Oct 08 2010 at 7:18 PM Rating: Default
**
696 posts
Fritzke wrote:
Thanks for the fast replies. Here is the crash report as requested.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ffxivboot.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4c355192
Fault Module Name: atiumdag.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.14.10.716
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b0df3e7
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 002106c6
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789


http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?game=268&mid=1285119405158033449&page=2&howmany=50#msg1286286841182739913

That thread is all about the atiumdag.dll fault. Shouls be a few different methods or explanations of the same fix there.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)