Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

Japanese reviewsFollow

#1 Oct 09 2010 at 3:06 PM Rating: Decent
*
152 posts
I am interested in what the Japanese reviews will be. If anyone finds any post the links please.
#2 Oct 09 2010 at 3:13 PM Rating: Decent
*
182 posts
http://www.amazon.co.jp/product-reviews/B002C4KLEC/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

look at top left thats the ratings... the one at bottom is 1 star which means very very bad.

Edited, Oct 9th 2010 5:14pm by Aujade
#3 Oct 09 2010 at 3:21 PM Rating: Default
**
465 posts
108レビュー
星5つ: (4)
星4つ: (4)
星3つ: (5)
星2つ: (7)
星1つ: (88)

I was getting my hopes up that literally every response would give it 1 star, but it's still pretty funny.
____________________________
Lodestone
#4 Oct 09 2010 at 3:29 PM Rating: Default
*
152 posts
Well, you didn't understand. I don't give a **** about amazon reviews I want to see the reviews from the gaming magazines and stuff in japan.
#5 Oct 09 2010 at 3:38 PM Rating: Default
*
182 posts
Well then look for gaming magazines. But you also should consider to listen what actually the gamers write. We gamers know the game better than gaming magazines which test the game for 1-2 days.

Try to google translate this amazon pages. You wont understand what the japanese guys wrote completely but you will understand the sense of it. It is very interesting they dont write stuff like "SE sucks" etc. but they talk about SE as company and the SE leadership.
#6 Oct 09 2010 at 3:42 PM Rating: Decent
**
265 posts
When one of the biggest multimedia companies in japan "asks" companies to hold off on reviews for a month, theres an unspoken threat of "or you don't get press copies any more"
#7 Oct 09 2010 at 3:51 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,497 posts
Which is why I am proud of gametrailers and gamespot for saying "No, you want people to buy it as is, we are reviewing it, as is."
#9 Oct 09 2010 at 4:18 PM Rating: Default
*
152 posts
Thread is turning into BS. Don't waste your time posting anymore.

All that was asked for where links to JP sites that reviews games.

I mean for real, God forbid anyone want to see what the JP say when so many people are vilifying western reviewers in post.







Edited, Oct 9th 2010 6:35pm by Brushy

Edited, Oct 9th 2010 6:43pm by Brushy
#10 Oct 09 2010 at 4:44 PM Rating: Default
**
602 posts
shykin wrote:
Which is why I am proud of gametrailers and gamespot for saying "No, you want people to buy it as is, we are reviewing it, as is."


Oh yeah, that's so hardcore! /sarcasm

I still think its idiotic they are reviewing a mmorpg which isn't even a month old. Mmorpgs tend to change incredibly, specially soon after release.

If anything, I'd say gamespot played it smart knowing all the hate filled nerds would hold on to their article and post it on every forum, thus becoming 'the' referral review for lack of other one.
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#11 Oct 09 2010 at 4:47 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
852 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
shykin wrote:
Which is why I am proud of gametrailers and gamespot for saying "No, you want people to buy it as is, we are reviewing it, as is."


Oh yeah, that's so hardcore! /sarcasm

I still think its idiotic they are reviewing a mmorpg which isn't even a month old. Mmorpgs tend to change incredibly, specially soon after release.

If anything, I'd say gamespot played it smart knowing all the hate filled nerds would hold on to their article and post it on every forum, thus becoming 'the' referral review for lack of other one.


If they felt comfortable asking people to pay for it, then they're saying it's ready for appraisal. End of story.
____________________________
#12 Oct 09 2010 at 4:55 PM Rating: Default
**
602 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
shykin wrote:
Which is why I am proud of gametrailers and gamespot for saying "No, you want people to buy it as is, we are reviewing it, as is."


Oh yeah, that's so hardcore! /sarcasm

I still think its idiotic they are reviewing a mmorpg which isn't even a month old. Mmorpgs tend to change incredibly, specially soon after release.

If anything, I'd say gamespot played it smart knowing all the hate filled nerds would hold on to their article and post it on every forum, thus becoming 'the' referral review for lack of other one.


If they felt comfortable asking people to pay for it, then they're saying it's ready for appraisal. End of story.


SE specifically said it isn't. So its really not.
I don't think it can get any more clear than having the actual company come and tell you "hey, the game's not really ready for reviews, so please hold them for a month".

____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#13 Oct 09 2010 at 4:58 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
852 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
shykin wrote:
Which is why I am proud of gametrailers and gamespot for saying "No, you want people to buy it as is, we are reviewing it, as is."


Oh yeah, that's so hardcore! /sarcasm

I still think its idiotic they are reviewing a mmorpg which isn't even a month old. Mmorpgs tend to change incredibly, specially soon after release.

If anything, I'd say gamespot played it smart knowing all the hate filled nerds would hold on to their article and post it on every forum, thus becoming 'the' referral review for lack of other one.


If they felt comfortable asking people to pay for it, then they're saying it's ready for appraisal. End of story.


SE specifically said it isn't. So its really not.
I don't think it can get any more clear than having the actual company come and tell you "hey, the game's not really ready for reviews, so please hold them for a month".




Sorry, but they released it. They took money from paying customers. Too bad, SE. I don't reward greed and shoddy work.
____________________________
#14 Oct 09 2010 at 5:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
43 posts
4gamer user reviews:
http://www.4gamer.net/games/092/G009287/

Onlinegame Life user reviews:
http://onlinegame.dz-life.net/titles/ff14/review.html

No, these are not magazine reviews. These are more JP online user reviews.
#15 Oct 09 2010 at 5:06 PM Rating: Default
**
602 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
shykin wrote:
Which is why I am proud of gametrailers and gamespot for saying "No, you want people to buy it as is, we are reviewing it, as is."


Oh yeah, that's so hardcore! /sarcasm

I still think its idiotic they are reviewing a mmorpg which isn't even a month old. Mmorpgs tend to change incredibly, specially soon after release.

If anything, I'd say gamespot played it smart knowing all the hate filled nerds would hold on to their article and post it on every forum, thus becoming 'the' referral review for lack of other one.


If they felt comfortable asking people to pay for it, then they're saying it's ready for appraisal. End of story.


SE specifically said it isn't. So its really not.
I don't think it can get any more clear than having the actual company come and tell you "hey, the game's not really ready for reviews, so please hold them for a month".




Sorry, but they released it. They took money from paying customers. Too bad, SE. I don't reward greed and shoddy work.



Sorry, but I expect for reviews to be an accurate description of a video game. And if said product is going to change within a month, then I don't think its fit to be evaluated.
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#16 Oct 09 2010 at 5:10 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
852 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
shykin wrote:
Which is why I am proud of gametrailers and gamespot for saying "No, you want people to buy it as is, we are reviewing it, as is."


Oh yeah, that's so hardcore! /sarcasm

I still think its idiotic they are reviewing a mmorpg which isn't even a month old. Mmorpgs tend to change incredibly, specially soon after release.

If anything, I'd say gamespot played it smart knowing all the hate filled nerds would hold on to their article and post it on every forum, thus becoming 'the' referral review for lack of other one.


If they felt comfortable asking people to pay for it, then they're saying it's ready for appraisal. End of story.


SE specifically said it isn't. So its really not.
I don't think it can get any more clear than having the actual company come and tell you "hey, the game's not really ready for reviews, so please hold them for a month".




Sorry, but they released it. They took money from paying customers. Too bad, SE. I don't reward greed and shoddy work.



Sorry, but I expect for reviews to be an accurate description of a video game. And if said product is going to change within a month, then I don't think its fit to be evaluated.


I'll be sure to check in with you on the 22nd. :)
____________________________
#17 Oct 09 2010 at 5:11 PM Rating: Excellent
**
451 posts
http://www.4gamer.net/games/092/G009287/

4gamer is a pretty poular gaming site in Japan.It's reviews are a composite of forum members reviews.They gave it 43/100...roughly something like 30 points in gfx,10 points in sound and 3 points in gameplay/everything else.....Not very good.

Edited, Oct 9th 2010 7:12pm by KristoFurwalken

Hmm,sry didn't see someone already post 4gamer.

Edited, Oct 9th 2010 7:14pm by KristoFurwalken
#18 Oct 09 2010 at 5:39 PM Rating: Decent
**
602 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
shykin wrote:
Which is why I am proud of gametrailers and gamespot for saying "No, you want people to buy it as is, we are reviewing it, as is."


Oh yeah, that's so hardcore! /sarcasm

I still think its idiotic they are reviewing a mmorpg which isn't even a month old. Mmorpgs tend to change incredibly, specially soon after release.

If anything, I'd say gamespot played it smart knowing all the hate filled nerds would hold on to their article and post it on every forum, thus becoming 'the' referral review for lack of other one.


If they felt comfortable asking people to pay for it, then they're saying it's ready for appraisal. End of story.


SE specifically said it isn't. So its really not.
I don't think it can get any more clear than having the actual company come and tell you "hey, the game's not really ready for reviews, so please hold them for a month".




Sorry, but they released it. They took money from paying customers. Too bad, SE. I don't reward greed and shoddy work.



Sorry, but I expect for reviews to be an accurate description of a video game. And if said product is going to change within a month, then I don't think its fit to be evaluated.


I'll be sure to check in with you on the 22nd. :)


the official release date was on the 30th :P
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#19 Oct 09 2010 at 5:52 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,497 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
shykin wrote:
Which is why I am proud of gametrailers and gamespot for saying "No, you want people to buy it as is, we are reviewing it, as is."


Oh yeah, that's so hardcore! /sarcasm

I still think its idiotic they are reviewing a mmorpg which isn't even a month old. Mmorpgs tend to change incredibly, specially soon after release.

If anything, I'd say gamespot played it smart knowing all the hate filled nerds would hold on to their article and post it on every forum, thus becoming 'the' referral review for lack of other one.


If they felt comfortable asking people to pay for it, then they're saying it's ready for appraisal. End of story.


SE specifically said it isn't. So its really not.
I don't think it can get any more clear than having the actual company come and tell you "hey, the game's not really ready for reviews, so please hold them for a month".



If it's not ready yet, why are they taking our money already?
#20 Oct 09 2010 at 5:53 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
123 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:


the official release date was on the 30th :P


you could give this game until December 30th and I can guarantee that there will not be an Auction House, some semblance of inventory management, an acceptable amount of storyline quests that can engage me until i reach level cap, a non-retarded UI, and a corporation who opens its doors via official forums so its monthly subscribers can have some sort of interaction with the developers of this god awful excuse for a MMORPG.

anyways, that's my list of things i'll be waiting on before giving SE my money. I'm actually chuckling at the masses who pre-ordered this primeval mound of dung -- even after they played the release candidate. (you do realize that is what open beta actually is -- it's the release candidate for the actual game - dumbasses).

Edited, Oct 9th 2010 8:01pm by measureups
____________________________
i5-750 @3.4ghz/4gb DDR-1600/HD5770

Hundah - EQ2:80sk(Befallen) *current
Hunda - FFXI:75pld(fairy->hades) *retired
Measure - EQ2:90trb,90def(Lucan D'Lere) *sold
#21 Oct 09 2010 at 6:00 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
shykin wrote:
Which is why I am proud of gametrailers and gamespot for saying "No, you want people to buy it as is, we are reviewing it, as is."


Oh yeah, that's so hardcore! /sarcasm

I still think its idiotic they are reviewing a mmorpg which isn't even a month old. Mmorpgs tend to change incredibly, specially soon after release.

If anything, I'd say gamespot played it smart knowing all the hate filled nerds would hold on to their article and post it on every forum, thus becoming 'the' referral review for lack of other one.


If they felt comfortable asking people to pay for it, then they're saying it's ready for appraisal. End of story.


SE specifically said it isn't. So its really not.
I don't think it can get any more clear than having the actual company come and tell you "hey, the game's not really ready for reviews, so please hold them for a month".
Then it shouldn't be for sale.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#22 Oct 09 2010 at 6:01 PM Rating: Default
**
602 posts
shykin wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
shykin wrote:
Which is why I am proud of gametrailers and gamespot for saying "No, you want people to buy it as is, we are reviewing it, as is."


Oh yeah, that's so hardcore! /sarcasm

I still think its idiotic they are reviewing a mmorpg which isn't even a month old. Mmorpgs tend to change incredibly, specially soon after release.

If anything, I'd say gamespot played it smart knowing all the hate filled nerds would hold on to their article and post it on every forum, thus becoming 'the' referral review for lack of other one.


If they felt comfortable asking people to pay for it, then they're saying it's ready for appraisal. End of story.


SE specifically said it isn't. So its really not.
I don't think it can get any more clear than having the actual company come and tell you "hey, the game's not really ready for reviews, so please hold them for a month".



If it's not ready yet, why are they taking our money already?



But they aren't, are they? They gave you a free month, and the game you'd have to pay for whenever it was released.
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#23 Oct 09 2010 at 6:03 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
852 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
shykin wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
shykin wrote:
Which is why I am proud of gametrailers and gamespot for saying "No, you want people to buy it as is, we are reviewing it, as is."


Oh yeah, that's so hardcore! /sarcasm

I still think its idiotic they are reviewing a mmorpg which isn't even a month old. Mmorpgs tend to change incredibly, specially soon after release.

If anything, I'd say gamespot played it smart knowing all the hate filled nerds would hold on to their article and post it on every forum, thus becoming 'the' referral review for lack of other one.


If they felt comfortable asking people to pay for it, then they're saying it's ready for appraisal. End of story.


SE specifically said it isn't. So its really not.
I don't think it can get any more clear than having the actual company come and tell you "hey, the game's not really ready for reviews, so please hold them for a month".



If it's not ready yet, why are they taking our money already?



But they aren't, are they? They gave you a free month, and the game you'd have to pay for whenever it was released.



Okay, so we agree. They took money for a released game. I swear, why is logic so difficult for some people?
____________________________
#24 Oct 09 2010 at 6:04 PM Rating: Decent
**
602 posts
measureups wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:


the official release date was on the 30th :P


you could give this game until December 30th and I can guarantee that there will not be an Auction House, some semblance of inventory management, an acceptable amount of storyline quests that can engage me until i reach level cap, a non-retarded UI, and a corporation who opens its doors via official forums so its monthly subscribers can have some sort of interaction with the developers of this god awful excuse for a MMORPG.

anyways, that's my list of things i'll be waiting on before giving SE my money. I'm actually chuckling at the masses who pre-ordered this primeval mound of dung -- even after they played the release candidate. (you do realize that is what open beta actually is -- it's the release candidate for the actual game - dumbasses).

Edited, Oct 9th 2010 8:01pm by measureups


This ****** me off too. Its like, dudes, you saw the open beta, then you purchased the game and now you're ******** you got ripped off? You knew exactly what you were signing up for, and if you didn't you should have waited to read some reviews.
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#25 Oct 09 2010 at 6:05 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,497 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
shykin wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
shykin wrote:
Which is why I am proud of gametrailers and gamespot for saying "No, you want people to buy it as is, we are reviewing it, as is."


Oh yeah, that's so hardcore! /sarcasm

I still think its idiotic they are reviewing a mmorpg which isn't even a month old. Mmorpgs tend to change incredibly, specially soon after release.

If anything, I'd say gamespot played it smart knowing all the hate filled nerds would hold on to their article and post it on every forum, thus becoming 'the' referral review for lack of other one.


If they felt comfortable asking people to pay for it, then they're saying it's ready for appraisal. End of story.


SE specifically said it isn't. So its really not.
I don't think it can get any more clear than having the actual company come and tell you "hey, the game's not really ready for reviews, so please hold them for a month".



If it's not ready yet, why are they taking our money already?



But they aren't, are they? They gave you a free month, and the game you'd have to pay for whenever it was released.


Oh look, I found a quote from another thread to make my point for me:

theweenie wrote:
Isturon wrote:
So you want to be credited for 19-23 days of free playtime? OK, all done!
If you're refering to the fact that we're in a free month right now, that's not really accurate.

You get the first 30 days at no charge, but only if you buy the game. We aren't getting something for nothing here, it isn't a special offer. The "free month" is part of what we purchased when we bought that box. So it's not really free.


That month is not free. Basic logic and economic principles say so.
#26 Oct 09 2010 at 6:06 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
measureups wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:


the official release date was on the 30th :P


you could give this game until December 30th and I can guarantee that there will not be an Auction House, some semblance of inventory management, an acceptable amount of storyline quests that can engage me until i reach level cap, a non-retarded UI, and a corporation who opens its doors via official forums so its monthly subscribers can have some sort of interaction with the developers of this god awful excuse for a MMORPG.

anyways, that's my list of things i'll be waiting on before giving SE my money. I'm actually chuckling at the masses who pre-ordered this primeval mound of dung -- even after they played the release candidate. (you do realize that is what open beta actually is -- it's the release candidate for the actual game - dumbasses).

Edited, Oct 9th 2010 8:01pm by measureups


This ****** me off too. Its like, dudes, you saw the open beta, then you purchased the game and now you're ******** you got ripped off? You knew exactly what you were signing up for, and if you didn't you should have waited to read some reviews.
If you were to believe some of the people talking during the open beta phase, SE was holding back a secret release client where all of the problems people were complaining about would obviously be fixed.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#27 Oct 09 2010 at 6:08 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
852 posts
bsphil wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
measureups wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:


the official release date was on the 30th :P


you could give this game until December 30th and I can guarantee that there will not be an Auction House, some semblance of inventory management, an acceptable amount of storyline quests that can engage me until i reach level cap, a non-retarded UI, and a corporation who opens its doors via official forums so its monthly subscribers can have some sort of interaction with the developers of this god awful excuse for a MMORPG.

anyways, that's my list of things i'll be waiting on before giving SE my money. I'm actually chuckling at the masses who pre-ordered this primeval mound of dung -- even after they played the release candidate. (you do realize that is what open beta actually is -- it's the release candidate for the actual game - dumbasses).

Edited, Oct 9th 2010 8:01pm by measureups


This ****** me off too. Its like, dudes, you saw the open beta, then you purchased the game and now you're ******** you got ripped off? You knew exactly what you were signing up for, and if you didn't you should have waited to read some reviews.
If you were to believe some of the people talking during the open beta phase, SE was holding back a secret release client where all of the problems people were complaining about would obviously be fixed.


I loved those posts. "THIS IS JUST A BETA RELEASE. SE HAS SO MUCH MORE READY FOR RELEASE!!!!"

I was amazed anyone could be so stupid.
____________________________
#28 Oct 09 2010 at 6:12 PM Rating: Excellent
**
429 posts
MajidahSihaam, I don't think you understand how reviews, or even buying things works.

People paid for the game expecting it to be good, or ****, complete; like SE advertised. It wasn't either of those and they're rightfully ******* Reviewers are the people who tell consumers if the product is good RIGHT NOW, not in the future. If you had bothered to read any of the reviews that gave it negative scores, none of them were about the lack of content in FFXIV. They were about the horribly mangled mechanics that players have to wrestle with to access the existing content.

It's ridiculous for SE to expect people to pay for the game as though it were a finished product, and then turn right the **** around and tell reviewers to wait until they finish it.

In its current state, this game plays like an early beta test.
#29 Oct 09 2010 at 6:15 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,043 posts
Wolfums wrote:
In its current state, this game plays like an early beta test.


Doesn't even do that, half the time.
____________________________
Likibiki ~ 75 WHM ~ 75 SAM ~ 75 THF ~ 75 SMN ~ 74 NIN
Pandemonium Server, FFXI. Retired. Gone but not forgotten.
Cailey ~ 90 DNC ~ 90 RDM ~ 90 BLM
Asura Server, FFXI. Adventurer Extraordinaire.
#30 Oct 09 2010 at 6:34 PM Rating: Default
**
602 posts
Wolfums wrote:
MajidahSihaam, I don't think you understand how reviews, or even buying things works.

People paid for the game expecting it to be good, or ****, complete; like SE advertised. It wasn't either of those and they're rightfully ******* Reviewers are the people who tell consumers if the product is good RIGHT NOW, not in the future. If you had bothered to read any of the reviews that gave it negative scores, none of them were about the lack of content in FFXIV. They were about the horribly mangled mechanics that players have to wrestle with to access the existing content.

It's ridiculous for SE to expect people to pay for the game as though it were a finished product, and then turn right the @#%^ around and tell reviewers to wait until they finish it.

In its current state, this game plays like an early beta test.


I must have missed the "FFXIV: GOOD AND COMPLETE!" ad campaign.

I never spoke of its lack of content, I said things will be revised, changed and updated very soon. The actual -norm- on mmorpgs is to give them a month of leeway. Gamespot was in for hits, don't kid yourself.

People are ****** they bought a product and didn't like it. A mmorpg is never finished, and it was never advertised as such. ******** about this is like going out for sushi for the first time, eating, and demanding a refund because raw fish didn't suit your taste. SE never showed you something other than their product and you decided to purchase it. Simple as that.



Edited, Oct 9th 2010 8:35pm by MajidahSihaam
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#31 Oct 09 2010 at 6:35 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
852 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
Wolfums wrote:
MajidahSihaam, I don't think you understand how reviews, or even buying things works.

People paid for the game expecting it to be good, or ****, complete; like SE advertised. It wasn't either of those and they're rightfully ******* Reviewers are the people who tell consumers if the product is good RIGHT NOW, not in the future. If you had bothered to read any of the reviews that gave it negative scores, none of them were about the lack of content in FFXIV. They were about the horribly mangled mechanics that players have to wrestle with to access the existing content.

It's ridiculous for SE to expect people to pay for the game as though it were a finished product, and then turn right the @#%^ around and tell reviewers to wait until they finish it.

In its current state, this game plays like an early beta test.


I must have missed the "FFXIV: GOOD AND COMPLETE!" ad campaign.

I never spoke of its lack of content, I said things will be revised, changed and updated very soon. The actual -norm- on mmorpgs is to give them a month of leeway. Gamespot was in for hits, don't kid yourself.

People are ****** they bought a product and didn't like it. A mmorpg is never finished, and it was never advertised as such. ******** about this is like going out for sushi for the first time, eating, and demanding a refund because raw fish didn't suit your taste. SE never showed you something other than their product and you decided to purchase it. Simple as that.



Edited, Oct 9th 2010 8:35pm by MajidahSihaam


Do you work for SE?
____________________________
#32 Oct 09 2010 at 6:38 PM Rating: Default
**
602 posts
hexaemeron wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
Wolfums wrote:
MajidahSihaam, I don't think you understand how reviews, or even buying things works.

People paid for the game expecting it to be good, or ****, complete; like SE advertised. It wasn't either of those and they're rightfully ******* Reviewers are the people who tell consumers if the product is good RIGHT NOW, not in the future. If you had bothered to read any of the reviews that gave it negative scores, none of them were about the lack of content in FFXIV. They were about the horribly mangled mechanics that players have to wrestle with to access the existing content.

It's ridiculous for SE to expect people to pay for the game as though it were a finished product, and then turn right the @#%^ around and tell reviewers to wait until they finish it.

In its current state, this game plays like an early beta test.


I must have missed the "FFXIV: GOOD AND COMPLETE!" ad campaign.

I never spoke of its lack of content, I said things will be revised, changed and updated very soon. The actual -norm- on mmorpgs is to give them a month of leeway. Gamespot was in for hits, don't kid yourself.

People are ****** they bought a product and didn't like it. A mmorpg is never finished, and it was never advertised as such. ******** about this is like going out for sushi for the first time, eating, and demanding a refund because raw fish didn't suit your taste. SE never showed you something other than their product and you decided to purchase it. Simple as that.



Edited, Oct 9th 2010 8:35pm by MajidahSihaam


Do you work for SE?


Nope, just a reasonable and satisfied costumer who can see through a clunky UI.
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#33 Oct 09 2010 at 6:39 PM Rating: Excellent
**
317 posts
I think that the reviews should have been done, even if the game is always being worked on you should have someone say what problems the game currently has and also what is currently good. That will give a way for people to know if the game is what they want.

____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#34 Oct 09 2010 at 6:40 PM Rating: Excellent
**
317 posts

Not all users are satisfied, and when I look at the UI I don't "see through" anything, there is too much **** in my way.

It would be nice if they fixed it and I plan on sticking around but there are problems.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#35 Oct 09 2010 at 6:43 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,043 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
People are ****** they bought a product and didn't like it.


No.

They're ****** that they bought it, didn't like it, noticed that it wasn't just them - everyone was upset, and then after all that, they found out that the designers didn't seem to care.

Compare this to your sushi analogy... with an extract from my own life. Note that this story is 100% true. It's just a weird coincidence that you mentioned sushi, and that I have a story that ties in. Oh, ye internet, how ye weaves ye jolly tales...

I've tried sushi twice in my life. Both times, I came down with food poisoning. I don't think I'm allergic though, because I can eat cooked fish in huge quantities. And often do.

The first time (open beta), I shrugged it off. Oh well, things happen. Might be a mistake, or some dodgy sushi (game will be fixed).

The second time, I was in a restaurant (I bought the game). I didn't really like the taste (I wasn't a fan of the beta), but it was free (all my friends were getting it).

So I tried it.

Again... I got food poisoning. (Again... it's still sh*te)

Will I eat sushi again? No. It's obviously not good for me. I learned from my mistake.

I think a lot of people will be sticking to cooked fish from now on.
____________________________
Likibiki ~ 75 WHM ~ 75 SAM ~ 75 THF ~ 75 SMN ~ 74 NIN
Pandemonium Server, FFXI. Retired. Gone but not forgotten.
Cailey ~ 90 DNC ~ 90 RDM ~ 90 BLM
Asura Server, FFXI. Adventurer Extraordinaire.
#36 Oct 09 2010 at 6:51 PM Rating: Good
**
317 posts
Likibiki wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
People are ****** they bought a product and didn't like it.


No.

They're ****** that they bought it, didn't like it, noticed that it wasn't just them - everyone was upset, and then after all that, they found out that the designers didn't seem to care.

Compare this to your sushi analogy... with an extract from my own life. Note that this story is 100% true. It's just a weird coincidence that you mentioned sushi, and that I have a story that ties in. Oh, ye internet, how ye weaves ye jolly tales...

I've tried sushi twice in my life. Both times, I came down with food poisoning. I don't think I'm allergic though, because I can eat cooked fish in huge quantities. And often do.

The first time (open beta), I shrugged it off. Oh well, things happen. Might be a mistake, or some dodgy sushi (game will be fixed).

The second time, I was in a restaurant (I bought the game). I didn't really like the taste (I wasn't a fan of the beta), but it was free (all my friends were getting it).

So I tried it.

Again... I got food poisoning. (Again... it's still sh*te)

Will I eat sushi again? No. It's obviously not good for me. I learned from my mistake.

I think a lot of people will be sticking to cooked fish from now on.



I like this one haha. Yeah I remember everyone saying how it would change from beta, well it didn't. Now they are saying that it will get better with releases... right. I am still playing and will probably play it a few months, and maybe if things get better stay, otherwise leave.
____________________________
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

Carl - "Shhhh, do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That is the sound of people drowning Carl."
Carl - "That is what forgiveness sounds like, screaming and then silence."
#37 Oct 09 2010 at 6:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
29 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:
shykin wrote:
Which is why I am proud of gametrailers and gamespot for saying "No, you want people to buy it as is, we are reviewing it, as is."


Oh yeah, that's so hardcore! /sarcasm

I still think its idiotic they are reviewing a mmorpg which isn't even a month old. Mmorpgs tend to change incredibly, specially soon after release.

If anything, I'd say gamespot played it smart knowing all the hate filled nerds would hold on to their article and post it on every forum, thus becoming 'the' referral review for lack of other one.


If they felt comfortable asking people to pay for it, then they're saying it's ready for appraisal. End of story.


SE specifically said it isn't. So its really not.
I don't think it can get any more clear than having the actual company come and tell you "hey, the game's not really ready for reviews, so please hold them for a month".


If the game isn't ready for reviews then they have no business selling it. You don't ask people to give you money for your product if you aren't prepared for people to comment on it. SE is on one of the highest levels of arrogance. No. Money changed hands and as a result the product is open to review. Period.

SE isn't going to overhaul entire systems in the first month. That's what needs to be done now. The UI is unacceptable for example and needs to be completely replaced. Will they do that in the first month? I doubt it. Waiting doesn't matter. If so many other MMO can release with polish and provide enjoyable opening experiences then SE gets no pass. FFXIV has more then simple bugs. They are actual design issues with the game. Does anyone really believe they will put out a miracle patch that fixes everything in a few weeks? If they even that why didn't they simply delay the gamea few months?

Oh I know they didn't want to go up against WoW's new expansion. Well what they have done now is kill any change they might have had by knowingly releasing the product in the state it is. They would have been better off delaying it. FFXIV's reputation is dying and it's SE's fault.

Edited, Oct 9th 2010 9:02pm by NeoStar9
#38 Oct 09 2010 at 7:23 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,339 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
Nope, just a deluded and clueless costumer who can pretend there's actually a game beyond a clunky UI, lack of content, poor mob denisty and balance, slow combat system, world barren of life, and rehashed zone looks from FFXI.


The amount of stupid that's flowed out of your mouth in this thread would make George Bush stand back in awe.
#39 Oct 09 2010 at 7:40 PM Rating: Good
**
451 posts
The Fanboy Logic is brilliant,

NO ONE here would be defending this pile if it didn't have "Final Fantasy" in the title.
#40 Oct 09 2010 at 8:01 PM Rating: Excellent
MajidahSihaam wrote:

SE specifically said it isn't. So its really not.
I don't think it can get any more clear than having the actual company come and tell you "hey, the game's not really ready for reviews, so please hold them for a month".


So you're saying it's unfair to assess the game because S-E said it's not ready, but it's some how fair for them to SELL the game that they say isn't ready?

What kind of logic is that?

If any thing, the game should be judged even more harshly by the fact that this company isn't even willing to stand by their product. What kind of world do we live in where people get to write themselves a free pass for their own incompetence?
#41measureups, Posted: Oct 09 2010 at 8:03 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) The fact that you brought political posturing into an argument speaks volumes sir. I don't even know where to begin. Bravo!
#42 Oct 09 2010 at 8:59 PM Rating: Default
**
602 posts
KarlHungis Delivers on Time wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:

SE specifically said it isn't. So its really not.
I don't think it can get any more clear than having the actual company come and tell you "hey, the game's not really ready for reviews, so please hold them for a month".


So you're saying it's unfair to assess the game because S-E said it's not ready, but it's some how fair for them to SELL the game that they say isn't ready?

What kind of logic is that?

If any thing, the game should be judged even more harshly by the fact that this company isn't even willing to stand by their product. What kind of world do we live in where people get to write themselves a free pass for their own incompetence?


I'm saying the review will be good for a month, and thus, worthless and a wrong view on the product.

SE had an open beta so you could try the game and you still bought it. Why? Because you also believe that a company with SE's background will in fact deliver.







That or you're all god damned idiots.
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#43 Oct 09 2010 at 9:02 PM Rating: Excellent
**
451 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
KarlHungis Delivers on Time wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:

SE specifically said it isn't. So its really not.
I don't think it can get any more clear than having the actual company come and tell you "hey, the game's not really ready for reviews, so please hold them for a month".


So you're saying it's unfair to assess the game because S-E said it's not ready, but it's some how fair for them to SELL the game that they say isn't ready?

What kind of logic is that?

If any thing, the game should be judged even more harshly by the fact that this company isn't even willing to stand by their product. What kind of world do we live in where people get to write themselves a free pass for their own incompetence?


I'm saying the review will be good for a month, and thus, worthless and a wrong view on the product.

SE had an open beta so you could try the game and you still bought it. Why? Because you also believe that a company with SE's background will in fact deliver.







That or you're all god damned idiots.



SE had an open beta and I think we're still playing it,except it costed me 80 bucks for this beta.
#44 Oct 09 2010 at 9:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
213 posts
one of the japanese reviews translated which was kind of funny, not sure i get it but whatever..

Quote:
Nameless

Who is the murder of FF?
Square Enix said it to me.
I have killed my arrogance.

Who saw the FF or die?
I said it to the user.
Saw die in my eyes.

Do ー was beg ...
Overall rating 1.60 points Posted Oct 05 2010 07:40 Edit

#45 Oct 09 2010 at 9:13 PM Rating: Excellent
*
137 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
KarlHungis Delivers on Time wrote:
MajidahSihaam wrote:

SE specifically said it isn't. So its really not.
I don't think it can get any more clear than having the actual company come and tell you "hey, the game's not really ready for reviews, so please hold them for a month".


So you're saying it's unfair to assess the game because S-E said it's not ready, but it's some how fair for them to SELL the game that they say isn't ready?

What kind of logic is that?

If any thing, the game should be judged even more harshly by the fact that this company isn't even willing to stand by their product. What kind of world do we live in where people get to write themselves a free pass for their own incompetence?


I'm saying the review will be good for a month, and thus, worthless and a wrong view on the product.

SE had an open beta so you could try the game and you still bought it. Why? Because you also believe that a company with SE's background will in fact deliver.







That or you're all god damned idiots.


People bought it not because they are hopping the product "will" be deliver in the near future. People bought the product way in advance with the promise that the game will be a finish product upon delivery.

Also going by your logic, **** why wait a month, lets wait a year. Cause the review will be worthless and wrong view of the product. Let's not review the product people are currently playing but wait till we can all wear rose colored glass.



Edited, Oct 9th 2010 11:13pm by doubleax
#46MajidahSihaam, Posted: Oct 09 2010 at 9:16 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Yes, so you bought the game because you either enjoyed it or thought it was a good basis for SE to build on.
#47 Oct 09 2010 at 9:22 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
NeoStar9 wrote:
Does anyone really believe they will put out a miracle patch that fixes everything in a few weeks? If they even that why didn't they simply delay the gamea few months?


(+ _ + )\
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#48 Oct 09 2010 at 11:12 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,437 posts
@MajidahSihaam: By your logic, there's NEVER an appropriate time to review an MMO, or any other game that can be patched because there's always the constant possibility of it changing.

So given this conundrum and the fact that the game has to get reviewed, we have to decide when is a fair time to review the game.

I (and I'm clearly not alone) choose that time to be when the company that published it starts asking me for money.

You can't just decide that your game isn't eligible for being reviewed, that's not how media works, and I'm thrilled to death that gamespot, gametrailers, and others gave SE's "request" the old middle finger and just went ahead and did their jobs like they're supposed to.

The caveat here, is that you don't review aspects of the game that are likely to change, for instance you review the graphical quality, the sound quality, the user interface and the core gameplay mechanics. As well you can go ahead and review those aspects that are common to MMOs (what do the classes look like, how is leveling handled, etc).

What you DON'T review is the currently released endgame content (and frankly you probably don't know anything about it in a week of playing), the class/mob balance, or PvP balance (if any). And none of the reviews did any of these things, because these are the things most likely to change within the foreseeable future.

The golden rule here is: As soon as you ask for money, your customer has a right to know what he/she is buying.

BTW: There were a number of people who were predicting (and in fact flaming others for disbelieving) a golden patch at release that would, in fact, fix everyone's problems and bring the game into step with the kind of quality you expect from a retail product... Guess what didn't happen.

Edited, Oct 10th 2010 12:47am by Callinon
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#49 Oct 10 2010 at 12:49 AM Rating: Good
32 posts
Ba1dw1n wrote:
one of the japanese reviews translated which was kind of funny, not sure i get it but whatever..

Quote:
Nameless

Who is the murder of FF?
Square Enix said it to me.
I have killed my arrogance.

Who saw the FF or die?
I said it to the user.
Saw die in my eyes.

Do ー was beg ...
Overall rating 1.60 points Posted Oct 05 2010 07:40 Edit




a lot of good ones, but i like this:

"The game is not recommended for people at least."
#50 Oct 10 2010 at 9:16 AM Rating: Excellent
MajidahSihaam wrote:


SE had an open beta so you could try the game and you still bought it. Why? Because you also believe that a company with SE's background will in fact deliver.


Oh, I didn't buy it. I knew quite well that the steaming pile that existed in open beta was not going to be cleaned up in only a month or two. I've been down this road with S-E before, and I've been down this road with other MMOs. If it isn't right at launch then it won't be right for many months at least, if it ever is.

I come to these forums to see if the game is making any progress, or whether people have discovered aspects of the game that are enjoyable, but which were hidden during beta. I end up posting because people like yourself are making ludicrous contortions of logic in order to defend some thing that other wise can't be defended.

Reviews are opinions which are meant to inform the potential purchaser about a product, so that they can make wise purchasing decisions. It's fully understandable why a company with a poor product would not want their product reviewed, but what's not understandable is why that would carry over to any one outside of that company.

There's simply nothing unfair about the reviews because there's nothing unfair about expecting quality work.



Edited, Oct 10th 2010 1:55pm by KarlHungis
#51 Oct 10 2010 at 11:02 AM Rating: Good
***
1,021 posts
MajidahSihaam wrote:
hexaemeron wrote:

If they felt comfortable asking people to pay for it, then they're saying it's ready for appraisal. End of story.


SE specifically said it isn't. So its really not.
I don't think it can get any more clear than having the actual company come and tell you "hey, the game's not really ready for reviews, so please hold them for a month".



They should absolutely be reviewing it now. People are making buying decisions now; they need to know what the state of the game is right now. No other products get free passes for a month, why should MMOs or software be any different. Would you be content if the movie companies said, "I know our movie is crap now, but please hold your reviews until the DVD is released where we'll fix everything"?

They should also update their review as the game undergoes significant changes. One of the beautiful things about on-line reviews is that they can be updated. Even if they don't update it, people can look at the date on the review and decide how relevant it is and compare it to other reviews from later dates.
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)