Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

I Have Cancelled.Follow

#1 Oct 09 2010 at 3:28 PM Rating: Default
22 posts
Just like the subject says, I have canceled because I really can't see myself paying for this. I bought the CE and I think I have played a total of 10 hours. I just can't find it enjoyable. I have tried every class and the most fun I had was my plan of having Marauder with Armorsmith and Miner. However, due to all of the downsides of this game I just couldn't find that enjoyable. Running around doing levequests and gathering was alright but once that was gone and once I had to start crafting, trading and interacting with others it just went to crap.

As I leave I would like to say that I had high hopes for this game and it really didn't even come close to what I would call decent. I can understand the "first month, itll get better" kind of attitude but this game is too far from decent to be fixed in one month. SE, honestly, DOES know better. I just don't know what they did here. Really.

Unfortunately, the way I feel is the way a lot of people will feel once their free month comes to an end. This isn't a shot at SE or meant to make an argument. I am just saying that I am quitting because of the state of the game and I don't see it being fixed in a few months and I think the fixes they will implement will not completely fix this game. I also think a lot of others will, too. Perhaps by PS3 release it may be enjoyable for me but I can't make that decision now.

For you guys that do stay, I wish you all the best in Eorzea and I hope the game gets better to where you guys do enjoy it. But, for now, I can't see myself playing this.

Thank you, guys. Good luck.
#2 Oct 09 2010 at 3:43 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
575 posts
Thanks, enjoy whatever game you decide to play. I'm enjoying the game despite the early release and unresolved issues. See ya when you come back.
#3 Oct 09 2010 at 3:51 PM Rating: Good
**
409 posts
doinkemb wrote:

For you guys that do stay, I wish you all the best in Eorzea and I hope the game gets better to where you guys do enjoy it. But, for now, I can't see myself playing this.

Thank you, guys. Good luck.


When you realize you feel this way about a game, leaving is probably the right thing to do. There's no reason to play a game you don't enjoy. I hope you (and everyone else who will not be continuing their subscription after this month, me included) find an enjoyable way to spend your time. When and if they ever make improvements to the game that convince you to come back, I hope you'll enjoy yourself still, despite this experience.

Good luck and happy gaming my MMO friends. Hope to see you somewhere in the future (even if it's not in Eorzea).

Edited, Oct 9th 2010 5:52pm by SickleSageKiroh
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#5 Oct 09 2010 at 4:07 PM Rating: Default
There's the door, don't let it hit you on the way out! Take care now!

Sorry if I seem like an *** saying this but I'm getting tired of reading the "I QUIT" threads that pop up on here constantly. People are quitting, we get it. The admins get it. The Zam community gets it. Do we really need to make a thread for each and every time someone quits? If you think it's getting the point across to SE you're sadly mistaken. Come the end of the free trial period if the game is still in its current state and I decide to leave I just will, no long unneeded thread. Just cancel until they fix it.

/rant
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV Roleplayer

Sair Gammonari - Hyur Midlander Male - Conjurer (Somewhat retired.)
Mihana Zhralyia - Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun Female - Archer



#6 Oct 09 2010 at 4:08 PM Rating: Default
**
340 posts
Can I have your stuff?
____________________________
RJO
----
Guild Leader - Aureus Knights
#7 Oct 09 2010 at 4:48 PM Rating: Default
**
602 posts
SickleSageKiroh wrote:
doinkemb wrote:

For you guys that do stay, I wish you all the best in Eorzea and I hope the game gets better to where you guys do enjoy it. But, for now, I can't see myself playing this.

Thank you, guys. Good luck.


When you realize you feel this way about a game, leaving is probably the right thing to do.

Edited, Oct 9th 2010 5:52pm by SickleSageKiroh


I agree, to quit the game and then come to make a thread to inform us of his decision sounds like the only reasonable thing to do.
____________________________
FFXI: Dashiel. (Asura) Puppetmaster.
FFXIV: Majidah Sihaam. (Besaid)
Marauder, Weaver & Alchemist.

#8 Oct 09 2010 at 4:51 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
852 posts
The One and Only SamusKnight wrote:
There's the door, don't let it hit you on the way out! Take care now!

Sorry if I seem like an *** saying this but I'm getting tired of reading the "I QUIT" threads that pop up on here constantly. People are quitting, we get it. The admins get it. The Zam community gets it. Do we really need to make a thread for each and every time someone quits? If you think it's getting the point across to SE you're sadly mistaken. Come the end of the free trial period if the game is still in its current state and I decide to leave I just will, no long unneeded thread. Just cancel until they fix it.

/rant


That's right. Everyone should not get something off his chest so you can feel better. As long as you're honest about it.
____________________________
#9 Oct 09 2010 at 5:03 PM Rating: Good
****
9,043 posts
Quote:
once I had to start crafting, trading and interacting with others it just went to crap.


You DO realise that this is an MMO, right?

Although I just noticed, I've only had the game for 10 days and I'm bored of it. I've played once this week, for about 2 hours.

I did not realise this until now. This patch needs to be GOOD.
____________________________
Likibiki ~ 75 WHM ~ 75 SAM ~ 75 THF ~ 75 SMN ~ 74 NIN
Pandemonium Server, FFXI. Retired. Gone but not forgotten.
Cailey ~ 90 DNC ~ 90 RDM ~ 90 BLM
Asura Server, FFXI. Adventurer Extraordinaire.
#10 Oct 09 2010 at 5:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
218 posts
The One and Only SamusKnight wrote:
Sorry if I seem like an *** saying this but I'm getting tired of reading the "I QUIT" threads that pop up on here constantly.

You could just not read the "I QUIT" threads of course. :P

The OP was polite enough, and didnt lay down any ego so good luck to him.
____________________________
#11 Oct 09 2010 at 5:13 PM Rating: Decent
*
105 posts
I have just returned from the bathroom.
#12 Oct 09 2010 at 5:28 PM Rating: Default
Azimov wrote:
The One and Only SamusKnight wrote:
Sorry if I seem like an *** saying this but I'm getting tired of reading the "I QUIT" threads that pop up on here constantly.

You could just not read the "I QUIT" threads of course. :P

The OP was polite enough, and didnt lay down any ego so good luck to him.


I know my comment may have come across a little mean and it really wasn't directed with harshness at the OP. Again I just tire seeing these topics everyday and I'm pretty sure so has most if not all of the Zam community. And you don't need to do much more than look at a topic title to know it's a quitting thread before even clicking on it. But of course we continually see these and other rants about game mechanics that people have already stated exist 10 or more threads ago. How many threads do we really need stating someone's unhappy and they're leaving? How many threads do we need ranting about how broken the game is? There's more discussion about how badly X vs Y sucks in the game than about strategies or the usefulness of certain abilities or skills. Why isn't anyone discussing certain builds, or suggesting ways to improve gameplay functions such as frame rates? What about camps they might've discovered for good skill-ups?

Overall the forums are just nothing more than rants about how flawed the game is and/or how someone's displeased and quitting. I continually check back on the forums here often hoping that maybe word from SE has been given on the next update contents or whatnot. But instead I see rants, I quit threads, and about five variations pointing to bad reviews of the game. I suppose it's to be expected given how secretive and hush-hush SE is and ignorant they are to what's really going on, but is it so much to expect a little variation in topic discussion?
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV Roleplayer

Sair Gammonari - Hyur Midlander Male - Conjurer (Somewhat retired.)
Mihana Zhralyia - Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun Female - Archer



#13 Oct 09 2010 at 5:31 PM Rating: Decent
**
409 posts
The ridiculous thing is that when you continue to post in a thread like this (especially with complaints and flaming as to these types of threads) it sensationalizes the topic and keeps the thread relevant LONG after it's actually relevant. If every person who was tired of these threads simply didn't read them and went on their way, they would all fall into 8th page obscurity pretty quickly. It's people who continually post complaints about the threads, in the threads, that keep them on the front page.
____________________________
Q: How many SE employees does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None, it's working as intended.
#14 Oct 09 2010 at 5:32 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
852 posts
Sir SamusKnight wrote:
Azimov wrote:
The One and Only SamusKnight wrote:
Sorry if I seem like an *** saying this but I'm getting tired of reading the "I QUIT" threads that pop up on here constantly.

You could just not read the "I QUIT" threads of course. :P

The OP was polite enough, and didnt lay down any ego so good luck to him.


I know my comment may have come across a little mean and it really wasn't directed with harshness at the OP. Again I just tire seeing these topics everyday and I'm pretty sure so has most if not all of the Zam community. And you don't need to do much more than look at a topic title to know it's a quitting thread before even clicking on it. But of course we continually see these and other rants about game mechanics that people have already stated exist 10 or more threads ago. How many threads do we really need stating someone's unhappy and they're leaving? How many threads do we need ranting about how broken the game is? There's more discussion about how badly X vs Y sucks in the game than about strategies or the usefulness of certain abilities or skills. Why isn't anyone discussing certain builds, or suggesting ways to improve gameplay functions such as frame rates? What about camps they might've discovered for good skill-ups?

Overall the forums are just nothing more than rants about how flawed the game is and/or how someone's displeased and quitting. I continually check back on the forums here often hoping that maybe word from SE has been given on the next update contents or whatnot. But instead I see rants, I quit threads, and about five variations pointing to bad reviews of the game. I suppose it's to be expected given how secretive and hush-hush SE is and ignorant they are to what's really going on, but is it so much to expect a little variation in topic discussion?



The why is very simple. Most people are mad and leaving.
____________________________
#15 Oct 09 2010 at 5:35 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
123 posts
Sir SamusKnight wrote:
Azimov wrote:
The One and Only SamusKnight wrote:
Sorry if I seem like an *** saying this but I'm getting tired of reading the "I QUIT" threads that pop up on here constantly.

You could just not read the "I QUIT" threads of course. :P

The OP was polite enough, and didnt lay down any ego so good luck to him.


I know my comment may have come across a little mean and it really wasn't directed with harshness at the OP. Again I just tire seeing these topics everyday and I'm pretty sure so has most if not all of the Zam community. And you don't need to do much more than look at a topic title to know it's a quitting thread before even clicking on it. But of course we continually see these and other rants about game mechanics that people have already stated exist 10 or more threads ago. How many threads do we really need stating someone's unhappy and they're leaving? How many threads do we need ranting about how broken the game is? There's more discussion about how badly X vs Y sucks in the game than about strategies or the usefulness of certain abilities or skills. Why isn't anyone discussing certain builds, or suggesting ways to improve gameplay functions such as frame rates? What about camps they might've discovered for good skill-ups?

Overall the forums are just nothing more than rants about how flawed the game is and/or how someone's displeased and quitting. I continually check back on the forums here often hoping that maybe word from SE has been given on the next update contents or whatnot. But instead I see rants, I quit threads, and about five variations pointing to bad reviews of the game. I suppose it's to be expected given how secretive and hush-hush SE is and ignorant they are to what's really going on, but is it so much to expect a little variation in topic discussion?


I can assure you with the utmost sincerity that everyone cares about your bitter rants just as much as they do in regards to people posting their quit spiels.

If you're going to prattle on about rants, you should analyze your own posturing and ramblings before doing so. This is like the pot calling the kettle black.

If you want me to spell it out for you -- what you're doing is just encouraging people to post that they're quitting. It's called negative reinforcement and quite frankly I hold you in lesser regard than those who feel the need to post their exit strategies.
____________________________
i5-750 @3.4ghz/4gb DDR-1600/HD5770

Hundah - EQ2:80sk(Befallen) *current
Hunda - FFXI:75pld(fairy->hades) *retired
Measure - EQ2:90trb,90def(Lucan D'Lere) *sold
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 24 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (24)