Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Article about avoiding FFXIVFollow

#1 Oct 10 2010 at 12:48 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,102 posts
Found this article, thought I'd share it.

Quote:
Final Fantasy XIV was announced as a timed PS3 exclusive back at E3 2009, and wowed attendees with its spectacular graphics and promise of showing just how polished and enthralling a cross-platform MMO could be. Fast forward to 2010, and the final product is an absolute mess, with Square Enix going as far as to encourage media outlets to NOT review their game. Here’s 10 reasons why this happened.


Follow the link for the entire article.
____________________________
------------------
#2 Oct 10 2010 at 1:13 AM Rating: Decent
*
182 posts
Very accurate for now. If tested without alcohol consumed before every serious test will bring up the same things.
So for us people who tested this game from alpha this is nothing new but the very same news every day.
There is no other way to just wait what happens and hope it happens before people have to decide if they pay for that crap or just leave it be until forever.
#3thehellfire, Posted: Oct 10 2010 at 1:15 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Well if reviewers spent two months reviewing an mmo instead of two days like gamespot......
#4thehellfire, Posted: Oct 10 2010 at 1:15 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Well if reviewers spent two months reviewing an mmo instead of two days like gamespot......
#5 Oct 10 2010 at 1:17 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
852 posts
thehellfire wrote:
Well if reviewers spent two months reviewing an mmo instead of two days like gamespot......


He'd have even more reason to hate the game in its current incarnation.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1807397[/ffxivsig]
#6thehellfire, Posted: Oct 10 2010 at 1:27 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Dont you have Cataclysm forums to be nerd raging at?
#7 Oct 10 2010 at 1:43 AM Rating: Excellent
*
216 posts
thehellfire wrote:
Well if reviewers spent two months reviewing an mmo instead of two days like gamespot......
Two days? Gamespot's review came out on the 6th. As a review site, I'd imagine they would have gotten in at the same time as the CE players. That would be a full 2 weeks since the servers would have gone up.

Since there are no quests aside from the storyline and classes, it would not take a reviewer very long to experience the majority of content the game currently offers. There's guildleves, a handful of story/class quests, crafting, and grinding. You don't need 2 months to discover that.

Gamespot's review was completely accurate for the current game. In 2 months time the game will likely be quite different, but you can't expect a reviewer to keep playing a game for 2 months on the chance it will get better. They have tons of games they need to review, preview, interview the developers for, write hands-on articles, etc.
#8 Oct 10 2010 at 2:03 AM Rating: Excellent
**
412 posts
It's not like it takes long to experience EVERYTHING FFXIV has to offer at the moment.
____________________________
They appeared from the sky, the one without a heart... "Omega"...And the one who followed it..."Shinryuu"...
Final Fantasy 5
#9 Oct 10 2010 at 2:04 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,102 posts
thehellfire wrote:
Dont you have Cataclysm forums to be nerd raging at?


I'm not sure why you think this is offensive considering World of Warcraft has 12 million active subscribers worldwide. I'm sure you meant to demean him in some way, but it didn't work.
____________________________
------------------
#10 Oct 10 2010 at 2:30 AM Rating: Decent
**
829 posts
A typical day: I wake up, go on the internet to check on what's up and see "FFXIV is horrible!! It's the worst game ever!! This is 2010, games shouldn't be like this! It's a disaster!" etc etc etc. Then I pick up my controller, log into the game and have a blast all day long and can't wait to play again the next day. I must be playing the secret good version of the game or something.
____________________________
Tauu Aori
Lalafell
WHM
Sargatanas
#11 Oct 10 2010 at 2:44 AM Rating: Decent
21 posts
TauuOfSiren wrote:
A typical day: I wake up, go on the internet to check on what's up and see "FFXIV is horrible!! It's the worst game ever!! This is 2010, games shouldn't be like this! It's a disaster!" etc etc etc. Then I pick up my controller, log into the game and have a blast all day long and can't wait to play again the next day. I must be playing the secret good version of the game or something.


No, you're just a huge fanboy who ignores major problems with the game right now. Or your sense of fun is completely different than most peoples.
#12 Oct 10 2010 at 2:51 AM Rating: Decent
jasonsnow wrote:
TauuOfSiren wrote:
A typical day: I wake up, go on the internet to check on what's up and see "FFXIV is horrible!! It's the worst game ever!! This is 2010, games shouldn't be like this! It's a disaster!" etc etc etc. Then I pick up my controller, log into the game and have a blast all day long and can't wait to play again the next day. I must be playing the secret good version of the game or something.


No, you're just a huge fanboy who ignores major problems with the game right now. Or your sense of fun is completely different than most peoples.


Holy ****!

Shame on someone for having fun doing something that YOU do no enjoying doing.
****, I must have missed the memo where we must all imitate one another and become the perfect clones.

I guess I am a fanboy also for enjoying the game for what it is right now.
A decent MMO with missing/locked content and very few quests. A fun battle system with the ability to mix and match classes,
allowing me to make hybrids of some classes. Paladin, Dark Knight, Ninja, Red Mage, Dancer. . .
An addictive crafting system that keeps me excited whenever I make that "difficult" item.
The retainer system needs so much work, it's already been noted.

This is just my opinion though, but I guess since I have fun playing the game I must be a fanboy.

Troll.
____________________________
Nyla Dreshi - Istory 
Linkshell: Rebirth 
ARM-[22] / ALC-[15] / GLA-[15] / THM-[14] / Phys 30
#13 Oct 10 2010 at 6:01 AM Rating: Decent
Swagtronica the Lion Hearted wrote:
allowing me to make hybrids of some classes. Paladin, Dark Knight, Ninja, Red Mage, Dancer. . .


Might I ask how you managed to make a Dancer type class unless that's a typo. I know one person who fell in love with Dancer in FFXI and if she knew how to make a Dancer-type class in FFXIV I think she'd freak. :D
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV Roleplayer
[ffxivsig]667415[/ffxivsig]
Sair Gammonari - Hyur Midlander Male - Conjurer (Somewhat retired.)
Mihana Zhralyia - Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun Female - Archer



This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 22 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (22)